• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Varist

Smash Lord
yes, the bureaucratic ******ry here is strong. they hate when people socialize outside the little bubble they made. they don't realize that no one else gives a ****.

CableCho57

Smash Lord
real talk dude

seriously who the heck decides who becomes a moderator? Out of the dozen moderators I've seen around these boards, only like two are legit and actual do a GOOD job moderating

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
they hate when people socialize outside the little bubble they made. they don't realize that no one else gives a ****.
The people who've been reporting this thread today seem to suggest otherwise, and it's not surprising. Why should the series have it's thread flooded with trolling?

Do they still pass out infractions for being too off topic?

:phone:
Yes, we do. However rather than infract so many people at once, I'll throw out a warning here instead. Get back on topic, drop the trolling and trash talk.

samox

Smash Journeyman
@Vkrm - As much as I'd LOVE to cover Brawl, I'm not going to be able to do it with this project. PM and Brawl will both get moments though - not only to bookend Melee's golden years, but to extend out into the future the makeup of the scene.

Guys, I have to mention a few people here. Some cray cray shiz went down recently and I have to give some shout outs to a few people who helped me get out of a bind.

There I was, walking down a dark street with my grandmother. I was helping her find her way home, since she spends most of her days just practicing shfling - and as a result she can't remember where she lives anymore.

"Are we almost there deary? I need to practice more for RoM 5 and Big House," she said.

"I know Nana, just a little bit further," I said.

Ahead of us, out of the darkness, ten grizzly bears in red do-rags and sagging jeans walked towards us.

I could tell they meant trouble.

"Yo my man. Helpin' granny home for tea? Aww that's sweet." His buddies laughed. You could tell he was the leader bear.

"We don't want no trouble." I stammered. Nana looked scared. We were surrounded.

The leader bear, sporting a scar across his face, sneered derisively. "Oh buddy boy, you got trouble."

The glint of steel and a knife was in his massive paw. This was it.

Just then, a voice from above. "Paaaajjjjjuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!" It was Paju!

His heroic scream echoed down the empty street as his winged form emerged from the darkness. "Paju, Paju!"

His signature phrase. He landed square on the leader, sending the bear and his blade careening onto the sidewalk. The others were stunned. Paju stood tall and muttered, "Paju".

The other bears looked taken off guard, but they were ready to rumble. Just before they could pounce on us, another voice echoed from behind us.

"Halt! You nefarious ursus arctos horribilisi!" They all turned and looked. Standing before them were the Notorious Necromancers, a group of sworn protectors, heros all.

Among them - the cyborg Casanova known as Prog - the swashbuckling maestro of disaster, Jouni Sopanen - the dark magi battle-rapper, Jason Thomann - the deadly martial artist and master of italian cooking, Daniel "Daniel-san" Unemori - the enormous muscled behemoth from Beyond The Moon, Brad Mauvieux - and last but not least, Wolthuis, a cackling red fire-breathing familiar from the 8th plane of hell.

The bears, understandably shocked, exchanged worried glances. Paju just laughed. "Paju, Paju, Paju!"

The leader bear got up and wiped some blood from his maw. "We won't forget this Notorious Necromancers. And especially you Paju."

"Paju! Paju!"

The leader bear snapped and just like that, the bears faded into the dark night. Prog walked over to me and Nana, still reeling from the encounter.

"Next time," said Prog "Just crash on your friend's couch instead of walking through a dangerous neighborhood at 3am."

Nana spoke up. "But my stash is at my place!"

Everyone laughed heartily and the credits rolled.

BIG THANK YOU to Prog, Jouni Sopanen, Jason Thomann, Daniel Unemori, Brad Mauvieux, Arttu Paju and Wolthuis for their recent donations. I am continuously impressed by how you guys put your money where your mouth is and it just pushes me to make this even better. Most of those funds will go towards post production which, HOLY MOLY, we're actually nearing.

I'll have another update slated for the 15th, as always, so, keep it posted.

Samox

Oh and BTW: I'll have footage of Ken playing Melee in the next update... from two weeks ago.

Edit: Changed something that didn't make any sense.

foshio

Smash Journeyman
That one is about competitive smash in general isn't it? This one is just melee!! Also it has interviews with Ken, Mango, ect ect.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
That one is about competitive smash in general isn't it? This one is just melee!! Also it has interviews with Ken, Mango, ect ect.
Your right, that one was about competitive smash in the FGC. This one is about melee's legacy with player interviews.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Bam, already saw it in my sub box :p

I know you planned on an 8 part series to follow certain players but I've gone and forgotten the other half that are included. Something tells me your missing current top players...whatever I guess, their stories are currently ongoing anyways.

I plan to donate come November, or whenever my next credit card bill comes in the mail. Keep up the good work, I don't know why but the thought of going to a Japanese barbeque with Ken then running back to his place for a match has made me very envious.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Ok, after seeing a legit 2012 ken combo, I've got to make a Paypal to donate to this. Alternatively, will you be going to Apex and will you accept a donation there?

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Super cool. I feel like I know TheCrimsonBlur but I feel like that's impossible.

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Damn, Ken still looks hella slick. I guess some of that old tech never really goes away. Will I be able to buy a physical copy of this when it's finished? I want a real copy with a box.

:phone:

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
Let it be known that I exist as proof that somebody can indeed forget how to ride a bicycle... provided they were never very good at it to begin with, anyway. :p

Samox top tier
Ken still got it
He should go to Apex

Samox, is there a way that I can just mail money directly to you? It slipped my mind at FC for some stupid reason, and I don't really trust Paypal (almost immediately after registering for FC someone tried to make a crapton of false charges on the credit card I used to register) but also don't feel like having 10% of my money given to Kickstarter via an Amazon account or however you use Kickstarter. All I know is I wanna drop fifty bucks towards this thing really, really badly.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
2nd post in 2012. I think Travis is doing a great job so far! I think I told Travis that I'd be willing to give Sephirothken autographs to the top donators for this project on their dvds, if that's worth anything lol.

<---- hasn't touched smash in 5 years

oh... my bday was 5 days ago... I'm old now.

also obligatory ken post.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
2nd post in 2012. I think Travis is doing a great job so far! I think I told Travis that I'd be willing to give Sephirothken autographs to the top donators for this project on their dvds, if that's worth anything lol.

im donating enough so that i can get 5 copies

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
this is literally the coolest thing ever.

Top Bottom