• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
2nd post in 2012. I think Travis is doing a great job so far! I think I told Travis that I'd be willing to give Sephirothken autographs to the top donators for this project on their dvds, if that's worth anything lol.

<---- hasn't touched smash in 5 years

oh... my bday was 5 days ago... I'm old now.

also obligatory ken post.
LOVED WATCHING YOU PLAY SMASH

DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T READ THIS

love your movement omg

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
just donated 25 dollars

i am a very stingy person, so consider this a very huge accomplishment

samox

Smash Journeyman
Thanks guys!

Ken is awesome and also correct - he's going to sign some DVD's for some lucky few!

In light of my previous designations from Kickstarter (DVD vs. Exclusive DVD) I'll go ahead and make the "Ken Exclusive" part of that same level DVD reward (you'll simply designate whether you want a signed or unsigned Exclusive copy when it comes time).

These rewards of course apply to Paypal donators and are still at the same rate: 25 for the regular DVD, 50 for the Exclusive.

Believe me when I say, in addition to Ken's glorious signature, there will be a LOT more content available to you through the Exclusive version - if that's something you're interested in.

thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com

If you don't want to do the Paypal thing, you ARE welcome to just hand me your donation - we did it at APEX more than a few times and I'm planning on going again this time around.

Much love and more to come!

PS: I'm sorry if I haven't been able to get to all your PM's - I'm hoping that will change with post production now! :)

foshio

Smash Journeyman
Well... I've been a fan of this since I first read the first message. I am proud to say I donated, (though it was at the very early stages)! You've exceeded my expectations... honestly I am more hyped for this than I have ever been for a theatrical/hollywood movie!! I love what you've done for our community Samox!! Basically what I'm saying is; if I had a womb I'd offer it to you.

NNID
dansalvato
Hey, have you considered Kickstarter? It would be an easy way to sell DVDs and other swag as a "thank you" to supporters!

also you should interview me lololololo

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^He uses kickstarter...although it said it's over, not sure if it will still accept donations or just sasying that goal was reached.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Thanks guys!

Ken is awesome and also correct - he's going to sign some DVD's for some lucky few!

In light of my previous designations from Kickstarter (DVD vs. Exclusive DVD) I'll go ahead and make the "Ken Exclusive" part of that same level DVD reward (you'll simply designate whether you want a signed or unsigned Exclusive copy when it comes time).

These rewards of course apply to Paypal donators and are still at the same rate: 25 for the regular DVD, 50 for the Exclusive.

Believe me when I say, in addition to Ken's glorious signature, there will be a LOT more content available to you through the Exclusive version - if that's something you're interested in.

thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com

If you don't want to do the Paypal thing, you ARE welcome to just hand me your donation - we did it at APEX more than a few times and I'm planning on going again this time around.

Much love and more to come!

PS: I'm sorry if I haven't been able to get to all your PM's - I'm hoping that will change with post production now! :)
Just donated for the Exclusive version :cool:

Battlecow

Play to Win
yo I donated enough to get the exclusive ken version before it was cool

#comeatmebro #hipster

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
After seeing the update with Ken, I'm even more excited about this now, and I'll definitely be donating.

My only question is, Travis, how are you keeping track of the donations exactly? If a donation came from randomguy123@gmail.com through PayPal, would you eventually just email them asking for an address to mail out the DVD to?

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Just donated blindly to the cause. I think highly about this project and fully support everything that's being done.
Though Juggleguy brings up a good point. How will you know where to send the DVDs?
There is honestly no rush for me on the DVD. I donated because I want this to take off in the biggest way possible.
Good luck to you and your team Samox.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Good points, every one.

#1 - Yes you hipsters, if you donated at the 50 dollar mark on Kickstarter "before it was cool" - you will get the option of having a Ken signed copy.

#2 - If you live overseas, don't worry about extra shipping costs; I'll take care of any POSTAL charges. If you want a special service like FedEx or UPS (i.e. tracking) I may have to seek extra funds from you cause DAYUM they be expensive (either way, I'll make sure you get what you paid for).

#3 - The extra content that makes the Exclusive DVD so sexy is just what you might expect from a mad genius producer - nearly all the extra footage that was left on the cutting room floor. So if you have an itch to see just how much was left out (probably a lot) and you were curious to maybe use said footage for your own projects - it might be wise to invest in the Exclusive DVD.

#4 - Foshio wins best all time comment so far.

#5 - When the project is complete in Summer 2013, I'll send you a message (via Kickstarter or your email you used to send me Paypal donations) asking for your address. Once you hit me back, I'll post haste it to you via carrier pigeon. Rusty... pretty much nailed that one.

PS - I can't tell you exactly what Mango is up to because I don't want to spoil any of his potential plans - BUT, I can say he is working on giving me unfettered access into the Smash world; a ticket no other smash master has punched for science.

Bones0

Smash Legend
My guess is something like a Mango-exclusive follow-around during Apex where he gives us the inside scoop of what he's doing and how he's feeling in between matches. Right? :o

Anyone can get the exclusive DVD, correct? Obviously the copies signed by Ken will be limited, but I wouldn't want to miss out on extra footage. It's also cool you're letting others use the spare footage for potential future projects. Very open-sourcey. :D

Construct

Smash Journeyman
No you fools. Mango had a tooth removed and replaced with a recording device. Did you even watch Spy Kids?

Xtra

Smash Ace
i didn't donate through paypal, or any other cool internet service. i did give u money tho, and u wrote my e-mail down for an exclusive copy. i'll take a ken copy. lol. but that's not the point. who doesn't have multiple e-mail accounts? or an inbox that's full of garbage? who weeds through them all before using the empty button? how are we going to know its samox with the ssb doc?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
No you fools. Mango had a tooth removed and replaced with a recording device. Did you even watch Spy Kids?
when i was a little kid, i used to wear a rubber band around my wrist whenever possible because of the whole "machete's elastic wonder" thing from spy kids... 2?

Good points, every one.

#1 - Yes you hipsters, if you donated at the 50 dollar mark on Kickstarter "before it was cool" - you will get the option of having a Ken signed copy.

#2 - If you live overseas, don't worry about extra shipping costs; I'll take care of any POSTAL charges. If you want a special service like FedEx or UPS (i.e. tracking) I may have to seek extra funds from you cause DAYUM they be expensive (either way, I'll make sure you get what you paid for).

#3 - The extra content that makes the Exclusive DVD so sexy is just what you might expect from a mad genius producer - nearly all the extra footage that was left on the cutting room floor. So if you have an itch to see just how much was left out (probably a lot) and you were curious to maybe use said footage for your own projects - it might be wise to invest in the Exclusive DVD.

#4 - Foshio wins best all time comment so far.

#5 - When the project is complete in Summer 2013, I'll send you a message (via Kickstarter or your email you used to send me Paypal donations) asking for your address. Once you hit me back, I'll post haste it to you via carrier pigeon. Rusty... pretty much nailed that one.

PS - I can't tell you exactly what Mango is up to because I don't want to spoil any of his potential plans - BUT, I can say he is working on giving me unfettered access into the Smash world; a ticket no other smash master has punched for science.
if i dropped 25 bucks already and i later (or sooner, rather than later) decide i want the behind-the-scenes footage too, could i just drop another 25 and be counted as a 50 total?

also, is there a deadline for the ken-signed copies? i'm thinking of dropping the extra 25, and getting a ken-signed copy will definitely be something i consider.

samox

Smash Journeyman
It's totally cumulative - if you've donated before and want to get a signed DVD, you can absolutely donate more to get to it. No worries.

samox

Smash Journeyman
Voted.

Quick question: Anyone in the Boston area driving down to ROM 5? If you're looking to split
costs on things and also help the production of this project, I'd love to hitch a ride with you.
Last time I trained it and it punched me in the wallet.

R2_GP

Smash Journeyman
so if melee gets into evo lineup you think it would be a good idea to show some of the documentary? a new trailer or something? for smashers and non-smashers to see

samox

Smash Journeyman
Holy crap. I just saw his name in the pools. If I accomplish nothing else with this documentary, I will die happy.

Top Bottom