• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Smash Brothers" Series: Calling All Collaborators

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
Sorry this is taking me so long, I've actually been really busy and haven't just sat down to draw :(
It'll get done, eventually.

Is there a deadline or anything?

samox

Smash Journeyman
The only real deadline is looming about 1 year from now. But before then would make its inclusion in the documentary much, much more likely.

Xtra

Smash Ace
hahaha! too funny!! i had to bring it back. anyway im super f-ing hyped this is going down. summer 13 can come soon enough! samox, i want to donate some cash. not sure how much i can yet, but if u dont get a hair cut till fc i'll hunt yah down and throw yah some notes!

samox

Smash Journeyman
Haha. Thanks Xtra. Anything you donate is appreciated. I had quite a few people just hand me ones and fivers at APEX. I'll forgo the scissor until FC just for you. :)

BTW: Have you donated before?

Xtra

Smash Ace
no i haven't. i just found out about the documentary a couple weeks ago. checked out all the youtube vids. got super psyched! lol. i've wanted to donate since then but as luck would have it, we'll be in the same place, at the same time soon enough! it wont be anything grand but i want to contribute any way i can. any chance of you guys coming through wisconsin?

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
We should be getting an update soon

Curious about the progress on this

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I'm curious as to whether the whole summer of next year is true. That'd be kind of lame lol, unless it's a big old several hour documentary.
I was wondering this too, lol. I guess we'll see.

Construct

Smash Journeyman
All the stuff from Melee FC was awesome! The panel discussion was great, and that Amsah interview was absolutely fantastic. Great work Samox!

samox

Smash Journeyman
New update posted yesterday on the tubes, but not here. NOW IT IS.

Revamped Amsah interview coming most likely Monday/Tuesday. This will show just how much a little
music can change the tenor and edge of your seatness of a documentary.

EDGE OF YOUR SEAT TO COME!

And yes, you can see **** in the background. Props to WretchedPG for making sure you know boobs are coming.

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
New update posted yesterday on the tubes, but not here. NOW IT IS.

Revamped Amsah interview coming most likely Monday/Tuesday. This will show just how much a little
music can change the tenor and edge of your seatness of a documentary.

EDGE OF YOUR SEAT TO COME!

And yes, you can see **** in the background. Props to WretchedPG for making sure you know boobs are coming.
:D thats me

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
soooo hyped for this to get released.
its not even funny.

I'm so glad that this documentary looks as though its actually going to get made.
I've been waiting for this... for years really... lol.
so pumped >:D

samox

Smash Journeyman
DUDES!

We haven't had a lot of donations lately, but I do have a few ones that are worth shoutouts. These people are how this doc is getting made.

First up, gotta give it up for Xtra. I heard Xtra once walked into a bar full of grizzly bears and walked out with Natalie Portman and Keira Knightly under each arm. Nobody knows how he did it.

But that's nothing compared to our next donator. This guy's name is whispered on the lips of the millions of men and women who fawn after him, wish they could be him - or wish desperately for one moment to be with him. His name, first discovered etched in the interior of King Tutankhamun's sarcophagus, strikes fear into the hearts of those who would oppose his massive muscular frame and piercing laser eyes that also shoot his favorite food, if he ever gets hungry.

I am of course referring to... (checks around to make sure the coast is clear)... Prog.

I don't know if they want their donation numbers revealed, but lets say that DAMN.

DAMN son.

Much love to Xtra and Prog for believing in this project. Their donations are going right into the production budget WHICH - I will announce here and now - is making room for the next big interview...

Drumroll please... my next big interview is ........... SEPHIROTH KEN.

He has agreed to a sit down interview. It's official. And it's happening this September.

Thanks to Prog and Xtra, I'll be able to shave off some of the mounting debt and fly out to make this a truly fascinating look back with the King of Smash.

If you want to donate (or just want a personal copy of the series) - I'm still taking donations at thesmashbrosmovie@gmail.com . 25 dollars gets a copy, 50 gets the Special Edition with additional content. Any # gets you a funny story about you told here (if you've donated and you haven't had me plug your fantastical exploits, pm me. It will be done).

samox

Smash Journeyman
@ Bones0: Hahaha. Yes... for science.

And fear not if you don't have money to donate - I've been accepting huge, heartwarming help from smashers everywhere in the form of couches to crash on, rides to tourneys and informative interviews. Everybody helps in their own way.

Speaking of helping, I once heard about this guy named Paju who free-climbed El Cap in Yosemite with one arm just to win a bet over a bag of Onion Flavored Doritos. His opponent was so ashamed, he was going to commit suicide by listening to the Twilight audio books - only to have Paju intervene and say, "No. Not this time." And walk off INTO THE SUNSET.

True story.

EDIT: Clarity.

Theftz22

Smash Lord
What kind of additional content will the special edition have? Like will it have the full footage of unedited interviews with the main players?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
But that's nothing compared to our next donator. This guy's name is whispered on the lips of the millions of men and women who fawn after him, wish they could be him - or wish desperately for one moment to be with him. His name, first discovered etched in the interior of King Tutankhamun's sarcophagus, strikes fear into the hearts of those who would oppose his massive muscular frame and piercing laser eyes that also shoot his favorite food, if he ever gets hungry.

I am of course referring to... (checks around to make sure the coast is clear)... Prog.
Actually, my name was carved on the tomb of Lu Bu, King Tut was done because I signed The Book of the Dead.

Anyway, its great work you're doing, I'm on shoots semi often and for you to be doing so much of this on donations and out of pocket is insane. If you head back to NY and need a couch, let me know.

Top Bottom