• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

gantrain05

Smash Master
Wow, I'm surprised Smeesh's vids aren't up here, there too good! There are a ton more!

Joker(Snake) vs. Smeesh(Peach) GF 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2-IzW_NCx4&feature=channel_page

Chexar(Wolf) vs. Smeesh(Peach) GF 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsGoDywYFi4&feature=channel_page
i posted smeesh's vids already vs joker =P go back a few pages, yeah smeesh is pretty good , he's never beat me in peach dittos tho =P, never had the chance to play him in a tourney, we are always in different brackets and i always lose to joker lol. hopefully that will change on thet 10th.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
On page 18 there's a video with Hylian's peach. Lok at 38 - 39 seconds in, it looks like he pulled off a waveland of some sort.

EDIT:: Rick I'll send you more tonight.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord

gantrain05

Smash Master
At 00:35 - 00:39

How are you sliding back so far? Whenever I try to glide toss like that I only go not even half that distance.
same here, for some reason i can never get my backwards glide tosses to move me very far, i can get crazy distance with forward throw and Uthrow but i can't get crap for distance on my retreating toss.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I've said this several billion times before on how to do this...

Peachs backward Glide Toss is crap but her reverse Glide Toss is good

What Excel is doing it tapping the other to make Peach face that direction, then performing the Glide Toss. Instead of performing the rubbish backward Glide Toss, Peach performs the much better reverse Glide Toss

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Thanks everyone! ^^

At 00:35 - 00:39

How are you sliding back so far? Whenever I try to glide toss like that I only go not even half that distance.
The timming is different than the other glide tosses. Go to training and mess with it until you find how to do it properly. ^^

you need to play manly characters not girly characters
I play Captain Falcon (manly character) in melee (manly game). That's all I need.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Excel :-
What Excel is doing it tapping the other to make Peach face that direction, then performing the Glide Toss. Instead of performing the rubbish backward Glide Toss, Peach performs the much better reverse Glide Toss
Is that what you're doing?

Some of the stuff you did in those vids was crazy (having just watched them). Very nice indeed

Niko_K

Smash Master
Not to be a **** or anything, Excel your Peach is great, but H@wk plays a poor Marth IMO.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Not to be a **** or anything, Excel your Peach is great, but H@wk plays a poor Marth IMO.
yeah i noticed too, that marth wasn't exactly "top tier" i play 3 marths on a regular basis here in iowa that perform better than that =/

Cia

das kwl
LOL.. yeah, the Marth was.. lets just say not up to par, but you can still see that the peach user was smart and that's something i really don't don't see in alot of people's vidz =/

gantrain05

Smash Master
i can post some uber noob vids of me playing peach when i first started playing brawl if you guys want to laugh at me lol.

H@wK

Smash Ace
San Juan P.R. PKMN D/P FC - 4940 2077 9502
yeah i noticed too, that marth wasn't exactly "top tier" i play 3 marths on a regular basis here in iowa that perform better than that =/
My playing style change depending who I'm facing. I play aggressive against Peach, maybe is not the best way. Besides, I think I did quite good with my 3rd best character, while Peach being my worst match up.

Good Day.

Cia

das kwl
R3D - i watched two of the vids you posted. you string hits together well, but i can not remember seeing ONE glide toss approach. and just add a little more speed to your game. Speed = nervous opponent.

gantrain05

Smash Master
My playing style change depending who I'm facing. I play aggressive against Peach, maybe is not the best way. Besides, I think I did quite good with my 3rd best character, while Peach being my worst match up.

Good Day.
i'd say you just have to zone peach alot better, peach can punish pretty hard so you don't want to put yourself into a situation that will let her do that, if you stay at mid range, she has alot of trouble getting inside of marths zoning. lots of Fair and Nair to keep her back, and once you have her offstage marth does a very good job of keeping her there.

Cia

das kwl

Good Day.
peach shouldn't be your worst match up. more dancing blade. less being defensive against peach. Utilt/Uspecial out of shield. Fair peach out of float. predict glide toss approach and counter it. Dtilt to poke shield.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Excel :-

Is that what you're doing?

Some of the stuff you did in those vids was crazy (having just watched them). Very nice indeed
Nope. What I'm doing is just the regular reverse glide toss. The timing is different than a regular glide toss, so people are not used to that can do what you said on the post above. Since I'm already used to it I don't need to do so. :p

Thanks btw ^^

Well as H@wK already said, Marth is not his main character. He does a lot better with DDD. I'm still not sure why he didn't use DDD against me...

Thnx for your advice.

While I'm at it, here are 2 vids of my Peach, pretty crappy btw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFOoYY4lhxA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a4awg3NImo&feature=related
I didn't saw those vids before. Nice **** hawky.

gantrain05

Smash Master
can i post doubles vids here? cuz thats all i seem to get recorded is of my doubles matches, i always end up getting the ****ty setups for my singles matches and it pisses me off lol.

Top Bottom