• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

tha_carter

Smash Ace
^nice vid.

and....
LOL, those samus videos in the OP are such a misrepresentation of the matchup.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Agreed. Carter we should record some matches soon and show everyone how the Samus vs Peach match up really goes. It's actually really **** close.

Carter took a game off of me at OiN4, deserving every stock he took from me of course. UP-B out of shield ***** Peach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
^nice vid.

and....
LOL, those samus videos in the OP are such a misrepresentation of the matchup.
You care to be more pacific about this. Because I know my samus Vs Peach match up, and I have not lost to a samus in a set. I'm not stupid and I play good ones. Xryo was probably the best one I played. Smart people know how to shut games down on someone. So if it has to deal with my matches, don't give me that all because they lost to me.

And Peach vs samus is even.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Just because theyre skilled Samus, doesnt mean theyre good in that matchup. And its not that he lost or that you 'shut him down.' Its that he wasnt playing the matchup correctly to being with.

Niko; sure, whenever we can.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just because theyre skilled Samus, doesnt mean theyre good in that matchup. And its not that he lost or that you 'shut him down.' Its that he wasnt playing the matchup correctly to being with.
Sounds like you are telling me that if they play (as you say they should be) I should have lost. Again, I am not a stupid player. If you want, you can give me any samus player to face that you think plays the correct way with her to your standards. But don't come here and try to make excuses or w/e for me winning.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Why does everything related to me need to be argued over? You're the one doing the trolling now. Carter was never insulting you, he just said that he believes that those videos do not reflect accurately how the match up goes.

Cmon Dark.Pch, end this crap. I'm trying to, you should too.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I'm so sorry I haven't updated. I'm on vacation since the 25th. I was planning to update that exact same date but I left too early that day :p

that and the daamn beach house doesn't detect any nearby wifi lol

I will be back in 3 days, expect a big update (this time for real :p)

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
Some videos of my last tournament. =]

Winner Finals (Me vs Yubi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3d_DrQubwmI (I am still working with the Diddy vs Peach matchup since I'm kinda bad at it. I actually learned some stuff in those matches that helped me win.)

Grand Finals (Me vs Noux)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Otn5gSfNUHs (At 10:05 I did a turnip stool. looked neat =D)

About the turnip stool, I really didn't do it on purpose. It was just the hype that made me press those buttons on that order, and I tried repeating the motion and so it happened again lol. Also, I thought I discovered something new when I performed that, but NinjaLink did first so I'm using the name he gave it. xD

Btw there are more matches of that tournament on that channel, in case you want to see. My tech skill was kinda off that day... =\

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
That took quite a bit of time...

From now on and if it's not too much to ask, please post the vids like THIS:

You (Peach) vs. The other person (Ness)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3xYoBCRv8Y

or something along the lines, such as:

Me vs. Banana guy (Pit)

or

Vs. Kitkat (Wario)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3xYoBCRv8Y

or

Nikkon (Peach) vs. Pringles (Lucario)
Round 1
Round 2

The main point is...don't add any weird &fmt=18, &featurechannel etc etc etc Youtube adds because it gets hard to edit the OP with all those stuff on the video link (Also, I delete those parts, so if you wanna make people watch your video in HQ, it won't work :p). And let me know on your post who's on the video so that I can just right click and copy the link and add it without having to go through all the people's names.

I'm just asking this so that it takes faster to update :) Thanks a bunch.

edit: If I forgot about anything please let me know

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Hiya!

Here are 2 uploads of rickerdy and me having a peach ditto (thankyou to infzy!)

R1 - Rickerdy-doo-da-day vs Kataefi

R2 Rickerdy-doo-da-day vs Kataefi

There are more I think yet to be uploaded ^^ I'm trying to tone down the peach bomber usage =O

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
actually.......nevermind

lol jk. it's still awesome

no one ever suggested any other, so it's still like that

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
it makes me happy that my combo vid is still in the hall of fame :D

this thread is amazing
It's still in my opinion the best Brawl Peach combo video out there. Everything about the video felt right and fitted in perfectly, the playing in the videos was superb, the music choice was good, the style was good...

Someone's going to have to make something pretty dam impressive to sway my opinion on that one

Niko_K

Smash Master
I think my latest vid, despite the quality issues can be considered one of the best in terms of gameplay.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
The Token Green until Peach gets mean one?

The quality isn't too bad if you ask me. The gameplay is definitly outstanding. Your punishment skills in paticular are fantastic. I don't suppose you use Sonic in your spare time do you? ;)

Edit:
Hiya!

Here are 2 uploads of rickerdy and me having a peach ditto (thankyou to infzy!)

R1 - Rickerdy-doo-da-day vs Kataefi

R2 Rickerdy-doo-da-day vs Kataefi

There are more I think yet to be uploaded ^^ I'm trying to tone down the peach bomber usage =O
Ooo cripes. Yea Kataefi I've been meaning to ask you - do you want some more matches so we have some more recent replays?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Praxis, that set is on youtube right? Post them here as well so that I can add everything

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Im thinking of going out and buying a camera to make a montage video of all my replays..Im new to uploading videos to youtube so does anyone have a suggestion on what to buy and how much it will cost?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I have the most popular one, Pinnacle DVD Recorder..there are lots of video tutorials on youtube you can use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSixXhklZA

That's a good one. If you follow those steps you can play on your TV while recording in your PC. If not you can do what I do, just plug the Wii's color cables into the capture card and record with WMM (or some other) and that's it...you can only capture replays though, since you'll be watching the game on a 3x3 window lol

anyway, watch that video, it'll help.

On another note, I don't know if you guys noticed but I added some Japanese Peach videos, they're marked with "JAPAN" after the video link :)

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
I have the most popular one, Pinnacle DVD Recorder..there are lots of video tutorials on youtube you can use

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JSixXhklZA

That's a good one. If you follow those steps you can play on your TV while recording in your PC. If not you can do what I do, just plug the Wii's color cables into the capture card and record with WMM (or some other) and that's it...you can only capture replays though, since you'll be watching the game on a 3x3 window lol

anyway, watch that video, it'll help.

On another note, I don't know if you guys noticed but I added some Japanese Peach videos, they're marked with "JAPAN" after the video link :)
Whoaaa :D thanks alot Dekuu. Thats great.
Well im compiling a bunch of my replays together to make a montage of all my crazy combos I do. Im fixing to go watch the JAPAN videos right now too :D

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Youtube's becoming REALLY BITCHY with copyrights lately, screw it

How long til they take down all Nintendo videos?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

Xyless

Smash Master
I've got some videos from my last tournament. I feel like I did really good in this. Both of the matches I lost were for sore reasons, but I'll leave that for when I mention them. I don't really remember the order of my matches, or if I'm missing a match or something, so I'll just label them as I remember them. I played quite a few more matches than this, but I don't know if any more were recorded.

Round 1: Xyless vs uOPEN
Xyless (Peach) vs uOPEN (Ike) 1/2
Xyless (Peach) vs uOPEN (Diddy) 2/2
1st video = turnip destruction

Round 2: Xyless vs Quik
Xyless (Peach) vs Quik (ROB) 1/3 and Xyless (Peach) vs Quik (Wario) 2/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVG7xg8AZOc]Xyless (Peach) vs Quik (Wario) 3/3
Okay, just so I can clarify, I really feel like I could've done far better in this matchup. The only Wario I'm used to is my roommate's, who uses a very simple playstyle with Wario: pretty much down air to fsmash, throwing in a few bairs, fairs, and up airs to mix things up. One of the guys in the first video even talk about how, if I did face another Wario, I would probably be in trouble since I only know one Wario. Though this one isn't really an excuse, he was just better. And he got 3rd in the end.

Round 3: Xyless vs Tribe
Xyless (Peach) vs Tribe (Ike) 1/3
Xyless (Peach) vs Tribe (Sonic) 2/3
Xyless (Peach) vs Tribe (Wolf) 3/3
If you watch what happens at the very end of the first match, you can just imagine what happened to me when I actually lost my last tournament match. I was so bad, I am glad it wasn't recorded. I made so many mistakes, and even my opponent acknowledged that something was off (he was watching me as I played other matches, so he was expecting an epic match). I missed the edge every time with my side B (was getting nervous and tired), which wasn't a good thing to do against an Ike only player.

Oryan

Smash Apprentice
hate to sound like a scrub, but I was just wondering if there is any word on the cataclysm 4 videos of azens peach. I didn't get the catch the live feed :(

Top Bottom