• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Yea merge the video and critique thread so we can compile all the vids/info/critique somehwere without the whole thing being a complete mess

@Ill - Have you tried using stutter step F Smashes to fight Luigi? The stutter step helps you avoid his aerials and his poor air speed stops him from being to compensate for that. Give it a try, it ***** his aerial approaches. I personally would have used more Fair than Bair, his aerials have really nasty range and sticking Bair out can be really risk sometimes. Trading hits isn't worth it either due to how much kill power Luigi has

And cripes watch where you pull those Turnips! Your Turnip game has really come on but I was cringing at how you pulled those Turnips so close to Luigi :x

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yea merge the video and critique thread so we can compile all the vids/info/critique somehwere without the whole thing being a complete mess

@Ill - Have you tried using stutter step F Smashes to fight Luigi? The stutter step helps you avoid his aerials and his poor air speed stops him from being to compensate for that. Give it a try, it ***** his aerial approaches. I personally would have used more Fair than Bair, his aerials have really nasty range and sticking Bair out can be really risk sometimes. Trading hits isn't worth it either due to how much kill power Luigi has

And cripes watch where you pull those Turnips!
Haven't thought of that - thanks for the tips.
And yeah sometimes I get punished for stupid turnip pulls haha.

edit: woops double post.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Good tip Rick, but I also wouldn't recommend it as a constant form of defense against Luigi. I've had some experience in this matchup (due to it being Midwest and everyone and their mother maining low-mid tiers lol) and Luigi can simply time an airdodge and get a free grab out of it, kind of similar to how Falco would condition for one. With that said, it's still one of the better options she has against his aerials, you're correct.

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Ok so I requested two videos to be put up for me. And here they are!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83zg3tb3bx0 Peachkid vs Bloodcross: This was a friendly at my house about a month ago. Before real big changes to my playstyle and such. I lost but I think I played well regardless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StsXFMeNuHU Peachkid vs Riot: Riot is one of my best smash buddies so we play ALOT. Alot of our matches are so hard to predict who will win because we just know eachothers styles and its just who can out think the other. Oh and prepare to laugh at my Side B habit at the start of the match. I FIXED THAT PROBLEM OK?!?! oh and this was from 2 days ago so its alot more recent obviously

Oh I probably should mention that both of these were at smashfests at my house for tournament practice. Usually the day before the event.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
PK, a major thing is also learning how to deal w/ platform pressure. You lost your whole 2nd stock b/c of that. You limited your own options by just chucking the turnip or by dropping down from the platform b4 u got to the stage b/c ur almost guaranteed to have to waste your double jump or float. What you wanna do is at least hang in there til ya get to the stage so u can run off the plat from either side or drop down. If you don't wanna deal w/ the sharking then just full hop. It's much easier to make it to the ground when you have a turnip in your hand anyway and you'll have your jump, your float and your aerials and joke of an AD. edit: oh cool, at 5:05 you did it right lol.

Also, after some of your fairs you'd roll away. It's alright once in a while I guess but it feels like you're missing an opportunity. You already spaced the fair so that shuttle loop would whiff so i would say you cud've tried other mix-ups like grab or jab or shield for a split second (bait) into a quick aerial like nair or sumtin if you feel like he's gonna come.

lol@your greed in the end. xD just shield it or run away. glide attack is the most broken **** in the universe haha

vs riot, wished the match wouldn't end just like kyon's match. i like the song. ;O

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Nicole is pretty!!

I think she did very well and could have done better!! <3

All Anti did was spam tornado lol

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
OMG I desperately need videos. I really need to go to a tournament... I haven't gone to a Brawl one since August 14th for personal reasons... I've only been able to go to Melee tournaments in my city. I haven't had permission to travel to compete lately, but hopefully that will change soon in the next two weeks. :)

Nicole

Smash Champion
Nicole is pretty!!

I think she did very well and could have done better!! <3

All Anti did was spam tornado lol
thanks kyle :) definitely could've done better the 2nd match. i wish i hadn't picked fd, it was before i realized that fd isn't the answer against mk. it was fun though, i'm trying to get better and better at the mk matchup so that i dont lose to random mks and can give good players more of a challenge :/ at least i died on my own terms both matches.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
meta~

your fairs are telegraphed and the spacing on them can be improved considerably.

you shud be focusing on punishing fox's landings instead of chasing him in the air. peach is way too slow for that and you tend to put yourself in the air when you ought not be. and ya missed out on a couple random punishes.

hmm...and your jumps get predicted whenever you're hit with bair/fair so just space better on the ground before you jump or jump backwards or take any other subtle measure to make him whiff.

i think those are the major things. you got thiiiiis ;O

i left u the super super detailed critique on aim though.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEKQiz1qQ3w

Here is a match with me Me vs HBox's MK.
Now I already know alot of things I could have done differently or things I missed but I want to know what you guys think and all of the other options I could have had. This will further help me in this MU and as a Peach player. Also HBox decided he wants his Mk to be different than all the rest so he tries to play different. Knowing who he is and basicly being the second best Melee player I know he knows what he is doing and hope he does well.

Critique and thoughts Please.

gantrain05

Smash Master
nicole!! i noticed some Dtilt mixup in there, i like very much, such a good spacing tool, its unfortunate that u lost, but you did play very well. i still think we need to work on our fusion technique.......

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I didnt know France had another Peach!

Anyway, I found your Peach very impressive, especially in the first match. I love how you pressure and rack up damage, and your mix-ups and approaches are great. You were also quite accurate.

:052:

Nicole

Smash Champion
@jlo - i'm groundfloating all over the place now, you'd be so proud.

So, hungrybox doesn't tornado.

Nice jabs, and that nair OOS was excellent. I like your style, it's pretty basic and efficient.

You telegraph bair alot, and then fsmash afterwards nearly everytime. You float and face away from them, you do a bair, and then charge a fsmash. I dont know that you should do this everytime after bair. He didn't punish it as much as he could have.

You need to prepare for shuttle loop and DI it better. You die from it when you don't have to when you try to Dair through it. Know what angles you can and can't go through it. When in doubt, don't test that ****ing move - it's stupid. I die too much trying to dair it myself, it's better to be safer high in the air.

Shorthop dair more.

Other than that, be sure to keep the way other MK's play in mind. Most will tornado and you can punish that if they aren't smart, but it's tricky if they are (like, if they tornado as you're trying to come down from high up in the air). Watch Upb OOS - he ran up to you and shielded alot but didn't UpB OOS as much as I expected. Watch for them to chase you with Uair when you're up high instead of trying to predict you and shuttle loop. And watch for them to gimp you offstage with UpB instead of dair/nair. If hungrybox had shuttle looped you that last stock when you were recovering you wouldn't have made it back, but he tried to dair and that won't go through umbrella.

Yami 2b

Smash Apprentice
I didnt know France had another Peach!

Anyway, I found your Peach very impressive, especially in the first match. I love how you pressure and rack up damage, and your mix-ups and approaches are great. You were also quite accurate.

:052:
Thanks for your post, it is reassuring. ^^
I taken a break this summer for vacation (three months), and I was afraid to lost my level during this break.
But, it seems I didn't lost my level. xD (fiouu)
Also, i'm a Peach mainer since Brawl release date, so i'm not an anonymous player in the French scene ^.^ and Leon is my eternal Peach rival :p

I'll take all critiques for my Peach, so please, look at my videos just above. (yeah, i'm a B-sticking user).
There are some more videos on my Youtube channel, if you want to take a look =o

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Okay, I got some critique but it's not much.

1. Stop glide tossing forward or towards Meta. It's easy to see a glide toss coming if you do it every time you pull a turnip. When you pull one, try to keep it as long as possible. IMO in this MU, turnip is not something you can spam and expect an reward from it. Your turnips are to slow down Meta dashing at you, or punishing nado and following up with a free hit(if you're close enough).

2. If anything, try as hard as possible to recover high when Meta is camping the ledge.

That's pretty much all I have to say as of now. Don't always glide toss.

If I missed anything I'll let you know.

Top Bottom