• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SBR's Official Position on Metaknight

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
ITT: people who have no idea what they are talking want mk banned

We should ban snakes utilt too

And icies infinite grabs

KORMEGA

Smash Rookie
before you guys judge me by looking at my post count and noticing that i just joined smashboards just yesterday, i want to say that i had an older account from 2006 named phillyroller but i decided to make a new one

i've only been goin to tournies for about 3 months now, im from long island and there aren't that many mk's around here but i still believe if mk was banned it would be for the better. at the last tourny i was at, i came across a 2v2 match with each team having 1 mk, and i just kept seeing shuttle loop and tornado all over the place.

i main falco, and i am fairly good, i dont win tournies but every tourny i go to i do better then the previous one, but agianst metaknights i ahve no chance whatsover,

since hes not being banned anytime soon would any1 be able to give me any tips in the falco mk matchup becauses as it is right now i have no chance whatsover against mk plahyers unless i am significintly better then them.

but what peopel have to realize is across the nation when their are many tournies with 5 out of the top 8 being mk's is thats insane, its greatly messing up diversity, at the tournies i go to, if a person uses mk people just laugh at them.

every1 realizes that mk is by far the best character and has no bad matchups and is in a tier of his won. if he was banned alot of people say snake wold dominate just as much as mk does now but i think thats bs, mk and snake are not the same, snake actually has counters and significant weeknesses unlike mk

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Training mode doesn't work exactly the same as a normal match
This is true, but it only helps prove his point (which is, I think, that Meta Knight's "lightness" is really not a big weakness)

Stale moves don't exist in training, meaning that every time you use a move, it does maximum possible damage and has maximum possible knockback. This way, we know Snake's up air was not stale, since that is impossible in training mode.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Stale moves don't exist in training, meaning that every time you use a move, it does maximum possible damage and has maximum possible knockback. This way, we know Snake's up air was not stale, since that is impossible in training mode.
I think training mode also rounds damage differently, like moves are uncharacteristically weaker in training mode than they are normally when unstale.... but if it's just rounding down differently then it shouldn't really matter in this case, but just a warning, don't trust training mode.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Pierce, I just read your whole essay on MK in your sig...nice job.

What is the MK/Marth matchup rated, anyway?

pockyD

Smash Legend
so then if you aren't better than the mk player, then player skill is equal, and the better character wins

how is that confusing or wrong in any way? it's like that in melee too -_-

pockyD

Smash Legend
the important thing being that no one complains that even if you're equally skilled with someone, you can't beat their sheik with bowser

Sliq

Smash Master
MK's gameplay is pretty shallow. Same as GW. Fox became the best in the game as soon as people learn to be technical and utilize all of his ****. MK will have almost no change in his metagame, and will just rely on having a good moveset while other characters refine the depth that they have. For example, I just found out a way to break shields with Bowser. It will be heard to utilize, but if I can I'll be bustin shields all day.

Other characters have a lot of hidden potential because no one good is putting anytime into them, and instead flock to MK because he's easy.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Oh yeah! how could I have forgotten about counter picking characters...

Who are MK's counters again?

/sarcasm
LOL. you said it yourself a few posts ago.

snake is 55/60 : 45:40

diddys starting to look like a MK counter, not sure of the matchup number.
inui made a post about his counters, im going to waste 5 minutes of my life searching it for you k?

couldnt find it. but inui made a HUGE post about MK counters, its in the MK ban or not discussion poll after podcast. try and find it if you want. i know there was falco, olimar, and like 2-3 other chars he mentioned, not counting snake and diddy. i think

DraKmoN001

Smash Apprentice
you should show me, this shield busting move.

when team with me in tourney...

please?
It may have to do with Bowser Bomb Canceling, which was found out recently. At least from the clip that NL posted, Bowser Bomb Canceling can reduce the lag from Bowser Bomb, and a post he made later also mentioned it breaking shields.
Yo i figured out how to do it even though others here did as well lol. it INSTANTLY breaks their shield. I tried it today to test out. Each time i landed it. INSTANT BREAK!
Most of the other posters in the same topic mentioned that they were only able to do so against DK consistently, but perhaps Sliq has found a way to make it work against everyone :)

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
LOL. you said it yourself a few posts ago.

snake is 55/60 : 45:40

diddys starting to look like a MK counter, not sure of the matchup number.
inui made a post about his counters, im going to waste 5 minutes of my life searching it for you k?

couldnt find it. but inui made a HUGE post about MK counters, its in the MK ban or not discussion poll after podcast. try and find it if you want. i know there was falco, olimar, and like 2-3 other chars he mentioned, not counting snake and diddy. i think
Snake can be argued, and diddy is... meh. NL is just an over achiever
care to explain why they would be conceptually different?
No. I'm not going to take my valuble time, and use it to further prove something we both kno to be the truth.

Smash Cadet
Along with the SBR, I personally think some of the creators of the game should have helped to make this decision. Then we would've had a better grasp on the actual potential of MK. For all we know, all of his advanced techniques might already have been discovered while every other character might still have ways to go to reach their potential. But also, the creators might have not realized the true power of MK when they made him and they might have wanted him banned. Competetively, MK is probably my best character, but I try not to use him unless I have to. I have been working with Ness and Lucas just so people won't think I'm another lazy MK user who doesn't want to try with any other character, so if he was banned I wouldn't mind, and if he was, I still wouldn't mind.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Snake can be argued, and diddy is... meh. NL is just an over achiever

No. I'm not going to take my valuble time, and use it to further prove something we both kno to be the truth.
snake CANT be argued. the only thing you guys say is that he can gimp. on the stage, snake *****. diddy has been increasingly beating MK's, not just NL.from what i've heard

whats the difference between a 70-30 in brawl and a 70-30 in melee? sure, there are different tactics and whatnot, but its the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom