• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Pshhhh, I'll ALWAYS prefer melee over brawl. As ghey as brawl is sometimes, I go both ways.

just ask greyfox :p
man dont make me bust your a**

anyways my main in 3s is chun-chan and back up ryu though it should be the other way around but whatevs

im also up for arcana but no one plays that so bleh :p

Nike.

Smash Hero
grey, the videos are ready to be put on youtube. but the site has been down this whole day and wont allow uploads :/

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yea i have not seen any arcana players in forever lol

but ill bring a ps2 with street fighter 3 and 2.
3rd strike im using makoto and yun...and maybe a lil akuma

and my wii with brawl. i doubt ill need to bring melee, maybe next time. Im not bringing 3 systems

also...ANYONE DOWN FOR GUNSTAR HEROES!? i have it on psp but if someone wants to play ill download it to my Wii, i prefer big screen anyways. i need to buy a classic controller >_>

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
well we can wait for those.....again i need to work on my zelda a lot more so next smashfest should be the same thing......straight zelda

which reminds me, are your noob friends gonna come this wednesday?

EDIT: Suspect - hey do you play arcana?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yea i have not seen any arcana players in forever lol

but ill bring a ps2 with street fighter 3 and 2.
3rd strike im using makoto and yun...and maybe a lil akuma

and my wii with brawl. i doubt ill need to bring melee, maybe next time. Im not bringing 3 systems

also...ANYONE DOWN FOR GUNSTAR HEROES!? i have it on psp but if someone wants to play ill download it to my Wii, i prefer big screen anyways. i need to buy a classic controller >_>
I **** Gunstar Heroes like nothing...

Mr.C

Smash Master
I'm sure everyone has heard but in case anyone is wondering about a certain ornithological piece. Regarding mass awareness of a certain avian variety. Bird is definitely the word.

Bird ≥ Word.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Kyle, did you ever receive confirmation when i put you in that SA smash group on myspace?

And I will be there tmrw. Trying to hype it up as much as possible to the n00bs

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You and me both kind sir...ill just have to get use to the GC controller for now (guess ill download >_>)
I **** the game regardless of controls.

Of course I'll die once or twice, but that's about it.

Just saw the vids Nike. You seem really fun to play against more than ever.

Nike.

Smash Hero
In one of those videos, you spammed it like 635635632 times in a row lol.

oh, the tripod is broken. And holding a camera is a *****. anybody have an extra one thats going tmrw?

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
What's the times for this again? I seem to overlooked it...
Regardless, as soon as I get out of volunteering and get my own car (or someone agrees to drop me off) I would be able to attend Wednesdays.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What's the times for this again? I seem to overlooked it...
Regardless, as soon as I get out of volunteering and get my own car (or someone agrees to drop me off) I would be able to attend Wednesdays.
I believe it is noon to whenever...

As I've said to you guys earlier, I'll try to make it, but I wont be there until after 9...

3S, Brawl, and GG right?

Awesome. Ibuki, Sonic, and Baiken ftw.

K1T3

Smash Lord
I feel I should let people know there seems to be lots UTSA people thinking about going tonight for a melee smashfest.... so anyone that likes melee can think about going...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man, Melee is boring.

It doesn't have Sonic.

That also applies to 3S, GG, Tekken, MvC2, SF2, SNK, etc, etc, etc. [/sarcasm]

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Tonight was fun

i cant wait for the videos to be uploaded, espy your sonic is TOO good

I also had fun with the other matches i did (90% of them) im done playing that lucas camper and it wasn't even 1vs1 >_>

there was some really good tekken players there and 3rd strike, people started bustin out there BIG OLE gamepads lol i was rollin

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
So everyone knows, I've decided to keep this on Wednesday. Dunno if I can stick around longer next week (I had a test very early in the morning the next day) but I'd like to get some Brawl 1v1s in.

K1T3

Smash Lord
This was quite fun, <3 melee smashfests when we have 4 setups for melee and 1 setup for any other game =P
There ended up being a really nice turnout, I was suprised.
Sorry I didn't get to 1v1 anyone, and I wanted to 1v1 everyone. Hope to see everyone next time =)

Espy nice double jiggs teams =) I don't know why people don't double jiggs team more. You rest nicely. I'ma take yall down next time in the 2v1 once I remember what to do =P

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
meh....melee is over and done with and SA town still holds on....its no wonder why SA isnt one of the top cities for brawl....

just a crazy day all the way around....played some 3s and was whooping face until i went against yun -.- not a good matchup against chun-chan...shouldve went ken instead, but ohwell

anyways there were alot of variety in games, T5:DR, 3s, MvC2, GGAC....just alot of good things from the day....i might wanna try my hand in GG again.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
meh....melee is over and done with and SA town still holds on....its no wonder why SA isnt one of the top cities for brawl....
This...oh this, oh this, oh this. Truth hasn't been told much more truthily than this.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Quite true =)
Don't worry once i get my Melee 2.0 up and running we'll be one of the top cities in that =)
I'm adding in High gravity mode to the Brawl+ cheats to make a super amazing version of brawl. It will be great! You must all play me =)))

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201239

Nike.

Smash Hero
meh....melee is over and done with and SA town still holds on....
There IS hope in this world!

Mkay. Tmrw I will be leaving to new mexico and I wont be back til wednesday. So Im gonna try to get the videos uploaded by late tonight. Almost all of them were if puffball

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion

just a crazy day all the way around....played some 3s and was whooping face until i went against yun -.- not a good matchup against chun-chan...shouldve went ken instead, but ohwell

anyways there were alot of variety in games, T5:DR, 3s, MvC2, GGAC....just alot of good things from the day....i might wanna try my hand in GG again.
lol yea that was my yun, i got whooped by the kid you beat tho....but yea he went ken >_>

EDIT: Please do Nike20

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Quite true =)
Don't worry once i get my Melee 2.0 up and running we'll be one of the top cities in that =)
I'm adding in High gravity mode to the Brawl+ cheats to make a super amazing version of brawl. It will be great! You must all play me =)))

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=201239
sorry for double post, but am i the only person that finds "melee 2.0" just a combination of fanboy tears and whines that are mad that melee is not as popular has it was?

i really hope this doesn't become a popular (tournament legal) thing, cuz ill just quit smash

K1T3

Smash Lord
sorry for double post, but am i the only person that finds "melee 2.0" just a combination of fanboy tears and whines that are mad that melee is not as popular has it was?

i really hope this doesn't become a popular (tournament legal) thing, cuz ill just quit smash
It won't, normal brawl will remain the main tournament smash.
Whenever I say melee 2.0 I'm normally making fun of the term. Even if we try we won't be able to get brawl with all the stuff melee had, much less, make it surpass it and become 2.0, if anything we're just making a vain attempt to get it to Melee 1.0 standards.
I'm just interested in that stuff cause I think it will be fun to play and maybe even have stuff to practice and get better at in brawl that doesn't make me extrememly bored.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well i know where you're coming from with Kite. Melee is going to be FAR superior to Brawl because there's so much technicality into it and all the characters, depending on the players skill, can have a decent chance.
Though, Suspect, you don't have to worry about Melee 2.0 taking over cause everyone knows that Brawl is the new standard for tourney play.

Hell if you look, Hylian, Sethlon, and Espy all have moved on to Brawl, 'cause that's the next competitive game in the Smash community right now.
Now im not saying everyone give up Melee or stop playing it. Heaven forbid thats far from it.
Its just that Melee just makes things more interesting if you have the tech skills for it

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Its just that Melee just makes things more interesting if you have the tech skills for it
I have moderate tech skill in Melee (although I have trouble proving it now, since I don't really play it anymore), and I still choose Brawl over Melee.

I swayed myself several days ago. I take back what I've been saying recently ("If Sonic wasn't in Brawl, I'd still be playing Melee").

I'd play Brawl, even if Sonic wasn't in it.

Personally, I think both take equal tech skill. The difference being that Brawl focuses primarily on precision with a smaller number of teching skills and abilities than Melee (which had god-knows-how many techs).

Spacing, mindgames...it's all the same.

Infact, I play Brawl alot because I personally feel that it involves more mindgame issues to make up for the lack of quantity of tech skills, when compared to Melee.

I've always preferred fighting with my mind more than my body. Brawl appeals to me in this way.

Mmhmm.

Oh, and if Melee 2.0 goes anywhere farther than side tournaments, I'm leaving for GG and 3S...

K1T3

Smash Lord
You should give it some time first before deciding something like that. You may grow to love it.

If you like pure strategy you should play Go =)))))

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I see where Puff is going with that.

I mean it sounds like Melee 2.0 is fun but that's all it needs to be....fun

And if for whatever reason it takes over the original Brawl, then I'll run with Puff and go Guilty and Third

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom