• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The San Antonio Brawl thread:

This is your one stop for any tournaments or meetups for smash here in San Antonio. However, if you happen to play other games, go ahead and talk about that too, as long as there's a common interest. I play other games myself, like Street Fighter IV. ANYWAYS, if there's something coming up in San Antonio and it's not here, let me know. Send me info and I'll post it.

Upcoming Events:

July 24 - ALS (Hylian's Tourney)

July 31 - Steakfest 3

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=10655108#post10655108

August 21 - S.L.U.T. 2

Aug 6-8 - Nike Smashfest/APEX Stream

Special Announcements:
[/COLOR][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
Bubblefights

First off, Bubblefights was a casual event I did at Bubblehead (1035 S Presa St) Friday last week. It's a bubble tea/hooka place in Southtown that is really chill. We had two Super Street Fighter IV setups running from 6 to 10 pm. Everyone ordered lots of bubble tea (the drinks are amazing btw) and the owner is really awesome. There was no venue fee or cover and we played casuals until closing at 10 pm.

Bubblefights is a casual friday gathering with a few setups and the perk of good drinks and food (they serve pork buns and other snacks). There's no age limit, all ages are welcome. However, the place is small. Two setups is the only adequte thing to do inside, and there is a patio that would support another two, but we all know Texas heat sucks. It'll be viable in the cooler months.

While the SF community will have no problems traveling near downtown (if you have ever been to First Friday or the King Williams district/Southtown then that should give you an idea of where it is) Ya'll may perfer Nike's house. Then again Gigabites ain't that far from there, so you guys may not mind the drive as much as I may think.

Ranbats at Gigabites and Java

As explained before, the ranbats would be designed to be quick, cheap, and raise funds for the TBA January Major.

Also, someone, Nike I think, asked if Smash would have to share space with other games. Gigabites is small. We're talking similar to the closet at Gamelot. So I am NOT doing multiple games in the same room on the same day. If anything, I would rotate Brawl ranbats with SSF4/Tekken ranbats on different Saturdays. And if that's the case, then biweekly is a must so I can alternate Saturdays. I'm so gonna need extra TO's for this stuff, so fill out an application lol.

Also, setups would still be needed (they only have monitors and Xbox's), but JUJ or Nike can pretty much provide all the TVs that is needed for the space we have (4 comfortably, 6/7 tops). As long as these tourneys are kept at the local level (Austin or Valley may be allowed, but this is pretty much meant for SA peeps only), the space will work.

The TBA January Major:

It shouldn't be a huge surprise... it's Revolucion 2/Final Smash IX. We are teaming with Epikon (a first year con on the scale of San Japan), and they will hopefully be finalizing their contract with the Airport Hilton today or tomorrow. Once that's done, everything will be laid out from now until January 8th, 2011.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=271230

SA BRAWL CHAT:

http://xat.com/The_SA_Brawl_Scene

Player Contact info:

Kyle McClusky, aka King Mosquito (old school) or KM or the Host, or nowadays The MC Clusky
www.myspace.com/kyletheband
Facebook: Kyle McClusky
Feel free to add me on myspace or facebook if you want to discuss anything directly with me.
Cell Phone: 210 723 5386
Note: I PLAY MELEE..... mostly. I'll play Brawl mostly for fun. Screw it let's just play Super Street Fighter 4.

GreyFox (Quincy) the Second in Command TO
characters use - Zelda/Flaco
Northwest San Antonio
number - 210 557 2744

JUJ (The Wheelman)
Master of Dreamland (Kirby, D3, MK)
210-317-1478

Suspect (Michael)
characters use- Kirby, Diddy, D3, Pokemon Trainer, Lucas
location- Northwest san antonio all the way by Sea World
number- 210-409-2191

LuWIIgi
characters use : Diddy Kong, Luigi.
numbers: (210) 857-8838

Nidtendofreak/Niddo

characters use: Ike, C.Falcon, Experimenting for the perfect higher tiered character to use with very little luck.

Espy (Andrew)
Character(s): Sonic
Pics: http://www.stevensgardenandgrill.com.../pic_steak.jpg
Number: (210)-454-5316

Morningstar (Eddie)
Snake
San Antonio, TX
210-842-9397

PyleDriver (Joe)

Characters used: Wolf, Penguin Boy (D3 ;)), Toon Link, Dr. Mario :pimp:,M. Bison :laugh:
Number: 210-722-8515

Chris Edgar, but I go by CCCM on the forums and in game.
characters: G&W, Wario, Pokemon Trainer, and Luigi.
I'm located near Culebra and Reed Rd.
(210) 355-8310.

Tofer_booboo (Roger)
Phone: 210-326-4310
Main: Peach/Pit

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Please let there be a tekken 5 tourny, san antonio has some of the best players (including me) :)
im down for a street fighter alpha tourny, melee and darkstalkers if im not busy.
That san japan place, you said it was for anime and japanese culture convention so....can i go? im black >_>

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Please let there be a tekken 5 tourny, san antonio has some of the best players (including me) :)
im down for a street fighter alpha tourny, melee and darkstalkers if im not busy.
That san japan place, you said it was for anime and japanese culture convention so....can i go? im black >_>
lol san japan ain't racist.

but if I can get interest I'll run it.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Ok haha well i dont even know where that place is. I need to let alex no, did u see his vids of him playing? i didnt know he was cool with mango.
All the games listed are going to be system ran right? i.e Tekken 5 on ps2/ps3 not the arcade itself

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
San-Japan? Interesting ;o

But I got a question on the upcoming Brawl tournament.

$10.00 Per Person Come in and pay before event.... (per event)
$15.00 Per Person online RSVP (email/message us or Call)....
$20.00 Per Person WALKIN

WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****?!
No, really.

That's the most ******** registration set I've seen in a while.
KM, I thought I could trust you! =(

Also, Burst Limit is trash.
Super Dragon Ball Z is better, fact!

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
San-Japan? Interesting ;o

But I got a question on the upcoming Brawl tournament.

$10.00 Per Person Come in and pay before event.... (per event)
$15.00 Per Person online RSVP (email/message us or Call)....
$20.00 Per Person WALKIN

WHAT THE **** IS THIS ****?!
No, really.

That's the most ******** registration set I've seen in a while.
KM, I thought I could trust you! =(

Also, Burst Limit is trash.
Super Dragon Ball Z is better, fact!
I should denote that I'm not running this tournament. I'm posting it for Wootz. But yeah, I can agree the pricing is super mega ultra ********.

Come to San Japan Pozer! I've barely played any Guilty Gear since Kumite.

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
I should denote that I'm not running this tournament. I'm posting it for Wootz. But yeah, I can agree the pricing is super mega ultra ********.

Come to San Japan Pozer! I've barely played any Guilty Gear since Kumite.
Someone named Wootz is hosting? Huh, wonder who that is.
Hopefully I can talk some sense into the guy in making the prices not suck. Seriously, thats really awful, and with prices like that I don't expect a good turn out at all. It's BS, espcially for out of towners.

But enough of my rant, lol.

I doubt I'll goto San Japan, however not many of us have been playing GG either. We are all waiting on the opening of Arcade UFO.

But it seems like we finally got a date of when it will open.
http://blog.arcadeufo.com/

It's not 100% yet, but still something to look forward too.

Either way, if your always welcome to advertise tournaments in the Austin topic ;o

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Someone named Wootz is hosting? Huh, wonder who that is.
Hopefully I can talk some sense into the guy in making the prices not suck. Seriously, thats really awful, and with prices like that I don't expect a good turn out at all. It's BS, espcially for out of towners.

But enough of my rant, lol.

I doubt I'll goto San Japan, however not many of us have been playing GG either. We are all waiting on the opening of Arcade UFO.

But it seems like we finally got a date of when it will open.
http://blog.arcadeufo.com/

It's not 100% yet, but still something to look forward too.

Either way, if your always welcome to advertise tournaments in the Austin topic ;o
wootz is the name of the store:laugh:

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
omg sooooo how much is it say if i just wanted to play melee?

-RedShadow

Smash Ace
Awwww **** now I'm stuck between San Japan and BUTT4 :( I already know that SA is like 1-2 hours away from the Rock tho. But how far is Beaumont? any1 got any idea?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Ugh. And here's me being super-stingy about my money, and *****ing that I want an SA tournament.

I can't afford either at the moment.

Where's the Gamelot tournaments I used to love so much? :urg:

JOS.fm

Smash Journeyman
I'm planning to go too and I'm thinking you have to pay the $25 door price plus the $5 dollars for the tournament. It's ****ing ridiculous if all you want to do is the tournament.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I'm planning to go too and I'm thinking you have to pay the $25 door price plus the $5 dollars for the tournament. It's ****ing ridiculous if all you want to do is the tournament.
with that money ill go to a pawn shop, buy my own gamecube and game, and host my own tourny

PozerWolf

Smash Journeyman
Yay, SA!

I think I may hit by that tournament after all.
Hope it's not crap because it still sounds a little fishy on how the pay off will be.

Wondering who else will go to this event?

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
how much is that badge thing? i want to go butif im like paying more than 15 just to get in **** that

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Omg Alex is good. He just gave me the beating of a life time. Im getting back into melee now, u just wait alex, give me a few months >_>

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Not me, the pay system is horrible and the counterpick system is even worse.

We need some real tournaments in SA :(
Please Lee, or KM.

Gamelot tournaments.

I miss 'em, and I know you do too...

Right now, IF I'm able to go, I'll go to the woots tournament, only because it's cheaper and closer than the San Japan one.

Honestly, I just want to play a tournament for Brawl. I ain't paying no $30 total for a tournament I'm probably gonna lose.

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
Omg Alex is good. He just gave me the beating of a life time. Im getting back into melee now, u just wait alex, give me a few months >_>
Hahahahahah and that was like only 85 % Lol

K1T3

Smash Lord
For the Wootz tourney yes they only have HDTVs and 3 projectors, both of which lag. They most likely won't use the TVs at all and only have 3 setups for the 3 projectors, at least that was the case their last 2 tournies. As far as the pot the store takes 50% of it just so you know in advance.

The San Japan thing isn't bad guys. Yeah it's a lot if all you would go for is smash, but it's mainly and anime convention, that's what you're paying all that money for. The Smash there is just a side event in the game room. Thx Kyle for hosting that too though. If I end up going I'll make sure to stop by. Will you be there all 3 days?

Alex I probably suck at melee now but I live around 1604/I35 intersection and wouldn't mind some melee. It's been a long time and I want to play.

P.S. Starcraft is freaking amazing. Does anyone around here play?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
For the Wootz tourney yes they only have HDTVs and 3 projectors, both of which lag. They most likely won't use the TVs at all and only have 3 setups for the 3 projectors, at least that was the case their last 2 tournies. As far as the pot the store takes 50% of it just so you know in advance.
Son of a *****.

Well, count me out till the next Gamelot thingy...

Or...something.

Ugh, I would LIKE to go to the San Japan thing...but only for Brawl.

God ****it.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Ew. These tournaments are bleh :/.

If I hold a brawl tournament at my house in a couple of weeks, and provide free housing, would SA show up? :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom