• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Anybody remember Twisted Metal 2? Id prolly bring my PS2 at gamelot if anybodys interested.

Oh, and San Antonio needs a crew. There was talk of it in the houston thread. But we do need one.
yea i loved that game

i was just thinkin about that too

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I'm toying with Final Smash 5, except I really can't decide whether I want just Brawl or Melee. It will be two days though, and there will be teams for sure (haven't been able to do that my last two tournaments)

Brawl singles/Melee singles day 1
Brawl teams/Melee teams/Brawl crews day 2

Could also include...... the first Brawl crew battles? I know San Angelo would do good with that. And the new Team Houston can finally strut it's stuff.

Oh and I'm planning for a January 2009 date.

Nike.

Smash Hero
If you want max attendance, put both tournies on both days. If a scrub loses early in singles, he wont come back the 2nd day for doubles.

And you should do both games :) as much work as it'll take

Crews sounds perfect. I'll try setting one up repping san antonio

K1T3

Smash Lord
Put both teams and singles on first day and have them start about the same time. If you do teams after singles people don't enter. If you do it before, people come late to just enter singles... it's sad really. I love the idea of crews and all but the way they end up being I really dislike. It's always the best 5 people at the tourney make a supercrew regardless of their region or who they came with or normally play with. It's not like there's a lot of money to win in crews anyway... it's more of an event that's just really fun and enjoyable but people like completely messing it up...

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
I'm toying with Final Smash 5, except I really can't decide whether I want just Brawl or Melee. It will be two days though, and there will be teams for sure (haven't been able to do that my last two tournaments)

Brawl singles/Melee singles day 1
Brawl teams/Melee teams/Brawl crews day 2

Could also include...... the first Brawl crew battles? I know San Angelo would do good with that. And the new Team Houston can finally strut it's stuff.

Oh and I'm planning for a January 2009 date.
meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.....so we get some out of state ppl to come that would be raaaaaaaaape

Nike.

Smash Hero
Yeah =(

He seemed cool =)

I'd like to play him again though now that I know he isn't a complete scrub.
Im trying to get some friendlies in with him sometime this week. Just havent gotten a reply yet. But even my house is closer to you than him lol

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Kyle:

1. As of October 15, 2008. Algol is officially banned from Tournament Play for Soul Calibur 4. So please update accordingly, I already did @ 8wayrun.com so please do so everywhere else.

2. I'm looking to continue the Gamelot Monthlies in December even tho your broke *** doesn't want to do it. So if anything i'll work out a time and a date to meet with you and cliff @ gamelot sometime either this weekend or next weekend (which might be the 1st GoW2 tournament)

3. idk what you're planning for FS5, if it's just going to be SSBB/SSBM or is it going to include other games as well. However, if it IS going to be a 2 day event with MULTIPLE games, let me know ASAP. That was we can promote, oh and try to make it February that way we can make it a MAJOR tournament.

4. I'm black and you know i'm sexy!!!!

5. I'm also the BEST at MVC1 Hands down!!! :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Kyle:

1. As of October 15, 2008. Algol is officially banned from Tournament Play for Soul Calibur 4. So please update accordingly, I already did @ 8wayrun.com so please do so everywhere else.

2. I'm looking to continue the Gamelot Monthlies in December even tho your broke *** doesn't want to do it. So if anything i'll work out a time and a date to meet with you and cliff @ gamelot sometime either this weekend or next weekend (which might be the 1st GoW2 tournament)

3. idk what you're planning for FS5, if it's just going to be SSBB/SSBM or is it going to include other games as well. However, if it IS going to be a 2 day event with MULTIPLE games, let me know ASAP. That was we can promote, oh and try to make it February that way we can make it a MAJOR tournament.

4. I'm black and you know i'm sexy!!!!

5. I'm also the BEST at MVC1 Hands down!!! :)
1. Algol is banned? Send me a link sir. I cannot find what you speak of.

2. I'm not sure about December, but chances are I really will be very busy with finals, projects are killing me as it is. And a Gears of Wars 2 tournament sounds pretty nice. I need time to decide what I can for December.

3. Nope Final Smash 5 would strictly be smash only. But if you want to look at a major event for February that includes more games, I'm down with that.

4. No comment:dizzy:

5. We'll see about that :p

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
then do it in the middle of the week....like Wednesday or Thursday.....cause if you think about it if theres smashfest on friday and there so happens to be a tourney on sat then that will lead people to believe that gamelot will stay open and that is a no go cause everyone needs rest before the tourney

so my say in that will be a vote on wednesday or thursday

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
I had voted wednesday on the poll thing for the very reason that greyfox just pointed out. It's the halfway point between weekends, so that would be my decision

EDIT: good job convicted lol.

EDIT EDIT....aron just used my account to post this, i forgot to sign out when i left your house lmao

so im not talking to myself.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
JUST SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT

From what i have heard metaknight has already been banned in the midwest lmao

hope it makes it's way down here

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Kyle: there is no waiting @ this point. I'm already doing some research to network this tournament. And we would like a decent turnout for this tournament. Sad thing is...this WON'T be our major, it'l just be a monthly lol.

Anywho, honestly i think we should incorporate having FS 5 incorporate some of the major games like SC4, and GoW2. Since you're going to make that a weekend event, you might as well make it a good one.

*hint* do it the same weekend as a school holiday...that way..it'll be easier for travelers to come down here.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Having a smashfest at my house today, if anybody is interested. Most likely bored n00bs will show up. If you've never been there or havent added me on myspace, PM me

Kyle: there is no waiting @ this point. I'm already doing some research to network this tournament. And we would like a decent turnout for this tournament. Sad thing is...this WON'T be our major, it'l just be a monthly lol.

Anywho, honestly i think we should incorporate having FS 5 incorporate some of the major games like SC4, and GoW2. Since you're going to make that a weekend event, you might as well make it a good one.

*hint* do it the same weekend as a school holiday...that way..it'll be easier for travelers to come down here.
Final Smashes are solely for smash. They have had the biggest turnouts ever at san antonio (melee and brawl). Its the one tourny that everyone in texas travels to san antonio for. At FS4, nobody had an easy bracket.

If Kyle were to sponsor other games for FS5, then it takes away in a sense from smash. It minus well be another monthly if that were the case. If it is a 2day event, there will be big crowds of just smash.

Unless kyle for reason reason gives in (which i doubt), accept it and plan a giant event in febuary. That will most likely be the case.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
ATTENTION ALL SAN ANTONIO (and surrounding areas) players!

Gamelot's FREE weekly gaming fests will now be starting on Wednesday! ALL DAY! NOON TO MIDNIGHT! Bring your own consoles and remember to clean up after yourself!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
ATTENTION ALL SAN ANTONIO (and surrounding areas) players!

Gamelot's FREE weekly gaming fests will now be starting on Wednesday! ALL DAY! NOON TO MIDNIGHT! Bring your own consoles and remember to clean up after yourself!
Sounds good. I'll see if I can go.

However, if I do, I won't show up until after 10... ;_;
**** education...

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
**** Kyle...i didn't know you have people speaking for you....

Anywho....*ends rant* yes kyle, this would be a perfect time to start looking into which other games IF (since people are speaking on your behalf) you want to incorporate that for FS5.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Nike, you are such a kool kat if I say so myself. Can you rub some of your greatness onto me, por favor?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol hey thats how greatness is spread....however i got my handed to me in melee....i hate marth cause of nike 20 >.<

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol im excited about this wednesday and all....the more brawl i put in the better :)

i might bring guilty if kyle and puff wanna go :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Well I may or may not show up. I kinda need to swing by as it is to talk with Cliff.

And my friend Joanna wants to introduce me to her coworkers ^_^

Bros before hoes, but hoes before video games.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well I may or may not show up. I kinda need to swing by as it is to talk with Cliff.

And my friend Joanna wants to introduce me to her coworkers ^_^

Bros before hoes, but hoes before video games.
bros before hoes huh? lol i remember you sending me something like that on the space
anyways you do what you gotta do and hopefully i can get a hold of puff so he can come and play guilty :) or maybe some 3rd strike :D

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
bros before hoes huh? lol i remember you sending me something like that on the space
anyways you do what you gotta do and hopefully i can get a hold of puff so he can come and play guilty :) or maybe some 3rd strike :D
I'll try going, but as I said earlier, if I do, don't expect me until like, 9PM... >_>

I play Guilty Gear and 3rd Strike, but my worst is probably 3rd Strike. I play Baiken in GG, and I don't have a main yet in 3S, although I'm kinda leaning toward Chun Li...

but I don't wanna be a tier *****...

K1T3

Smash Lord
I've played 3S once or twice... the game is too easy... I just picked Chun-Li and used Fierce and downtilt to special.... Granted this may be different at the super high level where everyone has mastered parrying but at a normal Lv....
SSBM is still the best for depth =)
GG i have no complaints over, **** owns face.

Nike.

Smash Hero
A concert with 2 of my favorite bands will be here on wednesday. Im trying to decide one or the other.

Assuming Im going, I can bring up to 3 tv's and 3-5 n00bs, 3 of them with wiis and copies of brawl. Unless alot of ppl show up, I'll be spending my time on melee lol. Oh, and I'll have matches recorded.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Pshhhh, I'll ALWAYS prefer melee over brawl. As ghey as brawl is sometimes, I go both ways.

just ask greyfox :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom