• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
1) stalling............ in Tekken? lol whut?

2) no.

:psycho:

Maybe Devil Jin should banned too!

No, Namco just needs to get their heads out of the clouds and nerf that dude bro.
devil jin is fine

stages with no wall u can kinda stall. and u can stall with steve on stages with walls using his cobra punches. Also kind of hard to hit him if he keeps doing it

u should do something about spamming 10 hit tho's....

im gonna be mad if time is about to run out and someone keeps backing up and side stepping to avoid me beatin dat ***

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
devil jin is fine

stages with no wall u can kinda stall. and u can stall with steve on stages with walls using his cobra punches. Also kind of hard to hit him if he keeps doing it

u should do something about spamming 10 hit tho's....

im gonna be mad if time is about to run out and someone keeps backing up and side stepping to avoid me beatin dat ***
Well I may say none of the no wall stages, but that's really something I would just have to see if it flys with the community.

Go ahead and try to voice your opinion on Tekken Zaibatsu.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Well I may say none of the no wall stages, but that's really something I would just have to see if it flys with the community.

Go ahead and try to voice your opinion on Tekken Zaibatsu.
NO! wait i meant stages with a wall lol

we can just talk about it with the people that show up i guess

im bringin my psp to this so i can practice in between matches :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
King Mosquito said:
Cliff, the owner of Gamelot, has suggested a weekday that he would set up the TV's and people can bring their consoles and play for free. I can use these gatherings to talk with the players and see what I can do to improve the tournaments. Gamelot is open from noon until midnight and offers many affordable and cool snacks (like JOLT! that stuff is awesome good), and the best part is you won't have to worry about waking up room mates or parents. All this for FREE!

Also, Gamelot now carries an assortment of classic videogames for sale. Cliff asked me if anyone has interest in a classic gaming event. Imagine, a tournament for SNES Mario Kart or NBA Jam? It could happen! Post if you're interested.
I BEASTED at NBA Jam...still do.

That's a must...

Nike.

Smash Hero
Im stuck at my grandparents house today. I need to upload those videos already!

that kinda rhymed :D

Kyle, how soon will you have the poll set up for the first game night? I know at least 3 ppl with wiis that would go to it. And later tonight ima find all of the players that entered the tourny and see if there all willing to go again. Im really looking forward to it.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Im stuck at my grandparents house today. I need to upload those videos already!

that kinda rhymed :D

Kyle, how soon will you have the poll set up for the first game night? I know at least 3 ppl with wiis that would go to it. And later tonight ima find all of the players that entered the tourny and see if there all willing to go again. Im really looking forward to it.
I sent Drew a PM just now with the poll. It will probably be up by sometime tomorrow. Drew's pretty good about getting that stuff done.

Why host brawl if you're sick of it...

That makes... no sense.
Well..... Cliff told me to. It brings people. Smash has always been associated with Gamelot and he wants it to stay that way.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
SAN ANTONIO:

Make sure to come to my tournament this coming weekend. It will be amazing, and you guys are welcome to come to my place for a BBQ after the tournament. There will be a 3S machine on free play and there will be time for plenty of awesome friendlies (and Melee as well). If you're interested in coming by, let me know!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=192677

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
For the SA monthlies, I would like to suggest an expansion of the Brawl counterpick selection to be more in tune with the SBR rules. The current selection has been in place for a long time.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Im STILL uploading vids. I had 2 smashfests including greyfox and puffball and its like 15 videos itself. And im doing all this on windows movie maker, so its taking 54385515923 years to finish. About to start tourny matches within the hour.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
For the SA monthlies, I would like to suggest an expansion of the Brawl counterpick selection to be more in tune with the SBR rules. The current selection has been in place for a long time.
I might as well, even though I really don't agree with stages like Luigi's Mansion and Port town.

Btw I looked at the SBR rule list and all it is is recommendations. Is the Houston ruleset SBR? I'll switch to that sans all the no chain grabs rules.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
by the way, I'd like to get in some Melee friendlies if anyone comes to my tournament this weekend. I've been playing a LOT of melee again lately...
If I can make it, I can certainly fulfill that request. I would play 3rd Strike too but I suck on the arcade stick. Only game I can play on the stick is Soul Calibur IV.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I do like the Houston set, it expands it a little bit but doesnt go all out. I'm for going with that one.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Interesting... I feel a bit late and left out since I've only been to Gamelot twice. Once for the recent Gamelot 2 Brawl tourney and another back in the Melee days (Geoberos "Beros"). Money (and car) has been the only thing that's been holding me back from tournaments. It'd be nice to have some friendlies or training weekly with others not on Wi-Fi. ...the solitude... and Wi-Fi does not help...

Nike.

Smash Hero
The past 48 hours have been the longest of my life. Uploading 10 gigs worth of videos makes me wanna jump off the nearest cliff.

And ive found about half the ppl that entered the tourny on myspace. trying to get the info out about the weekly game days at gamelot. I may have one at my house this weekend. Idk yet.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The past 48 hours have been the longest of my life. Uploading 10 gigs worth of videos makes me wanna jump off the nearest cliff.

And ive found about half the ppl that entered the tourny on myspace. trying to get the info out about the weekly game days at gamelot. I may have one at my house this weekend. Idk yet.
Can you put all the smashers in a friend category on myspace? It's important that I add them too.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Nike, what happened to our recorded matches from the tournament? Did they get lost or overwritten?

Otherwise, awesome. Can't wait to see the crap in my matches vs. DMK.

and lol @ Kite. It should actually read:

Smash 64/Melee/Brawl.

mmhmm.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I only got 5 vids from your matches vs dmk. 2 of them stopped during the match cuz my memory on both sc cards were full. So i deleted our matches to get 2 more from the grand finals.

Id be too embarrassed to put them up lol. Stage spike at 8%, followed by a footstool gimp at 50%. On my own counterpick stage.

Oh, what order were the grand finals matches? By that, I mean order of stages and who won on those stages.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
rofl from what i counted in the grand final match and with some of the footage not recorded i wouldn't be suprised if he got close to 200 tornadoes

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
rofl from what i counted in the grand final match and with some of the footage not recorded i wouldn't be suprised if he got close to 200 tornadoes
Read my sig.

Nike20: The order you have 'em in is right from 1-5...

1: I win
2: He wins
3: He wins
4: I win
5: He wins
6: I win
7: He wins

Levels were, in order: Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1, Final Destination, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, and then Brinstar.

It's cool about those matches Nike, I just wanted to know where they went afterall.

My sig is not necessarily accurate, but pretty **** approximate...

Nike.

Smash Hero
As much as I want to go Lee, my homecoming is this saturday :/

Oh, and as far as attendance for SA, you should only expect puffball and maybe kite (since he lives semi close). Nobody else even travels

Im not going to skool today guys. I wanna get some friendlies in with somebody lol.

K1T3

Smash Lord
As much as I want to go Lee, my homecoming is this saturday :/

Oh, and as far as attendance for SA, you should only expect puffball and maybe kite (since he lives semi close). Nobody else even travels

Im not going to skool today guys. I wanna get some friendlies in with somebody lol.
I'm also skipping skool today and wouldn't mind playing some smash. I should mention that the chances of me going to that side of town are very very low though.

Also, it's my brothers B-day this weekend so even if I played that game I couldn't go =P

Lee aren't you amazingly bad at melee? You picked it up after brawl right? Cause I know you weren't part of the smash community until around brawl came out.
Glad you're trying to pick it up though. You should also try to pick up some 64, it's quite fun =)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm also skipping skool today and wouldn't mind playing some smash. I should mention that the chances of me going to that side of town are very very low though.

Also, it's my brothers B-day this weekend so even if I played that game I couldn't go =P

Lee aren't you amazingly bad at melee? You picked it up after brawl right? Cause I know you weren't part of the smash community until around brawl came out.
Glad you're trying to pick it up though. You should also try to pick up some 64, it's quite fun =)
Huh?

Lee played Falcon in melee and was around for over a year before brawl came out...

He even hosted melee tournaments...

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Read my sig.

Nike20: The order you have 'em in is right from 1-5...

1: I win
2: He wins
3: He wins
4: I win
5: He wins
6: I win
7: He wins

Levels were, in order: Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 1, Final Destination, Battlefield, Lylat Cruise, Halberd, and then Brinstar.

It's cool about those matches Nike, I just wanted to know where they went afterall.

My sig is not necessarily accurate, but pretty **** approximate...
lmao

ugh, I dont wanna see it.

Sonic is so **** weak against it. You cant NOT do it.
lolwut

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Haha :p

I was around the Melee scene for about a year and a half before Brawl, but I never traveled and I was pretty bad. I had really good technical skill (though not as good as Hylian's) but I was really stupid (it's hard to compete with people who have been playing for 4-7 years ;)). It's funny though, because since Brawl came out, I've gotten SO much better at Melee. I think since Brawl really forces you to play smart, it makes me play smart in Melee too. We should definitely play some time!

K1T3

Smash Lord
Haha :p

I was around the Melee scene for about a year and a half before Brawl, but I never traveled and I was pretty bad. I had really good technical skill (though not as good as Hylian's) but I was really stupid (it's hard to compete with people who have been playing for 4-7 years ;)). It's funny though, because since Brawl came out, I've gotten SO much better at Melee. I think since Brawl really forces you to play smart, it makes me play smart in Melee too. We should definitely play some time!
Yeah some brawl stuff does seem to transfer over to melee. I find myself doing some things I wouldn't have done before. Sounds good. Next time I see you we can get in some games =)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Anybody remember Twisted Metal 2? Id prolly bring my PS2 at gamelot if anybodys interested.

Oh, and San Antonio needs a crew. There was talk of it in the houston thread. But we do need one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom