• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Let's hope so.

Then again, this entire project still has to get by most TOs and the SBR.

Not to mention the issues when dealing with how to distribute it, and to allow those who can't afford to hack to be able to use this.
You forget that I'm planning at running one of these in the future :)

And Hylian wants to as well.

So please, stop complaining. Brawl ain't sacred scriptures, and this nothing new for gaming, because PC gaming has been doing it for years. It's just new to console gaming.

K1T3

Smash Lord

So please, stop complaining. Brawl ain't sacred scriptures, and this nothing new for gaming, because PC gaming has been doing it for years. It's just new to console gaming.
This should be fun =)

What settings / codes will be used though...
I'm sure you'll at least have Lcancel, wavedash, no trip, but a slightly altered gravity and maybe even dmg setting I think add wonders to the game and even fix a couple gayities. We're still trying to find out which gravity setting is the best. Also I'm trying to find out some way to eliminate lock infinites and if I can, standing grab infinites and maybe at least limit chain throws. So far we've found a way to make Falco's chain not as gay with the 1.1 dmg and it also helps things move more quickly as characters die a little fast.

Sorry Espy, you're right I forgot about that. I kinda just took it for granted my computer had an SD slot. If you have a digital camera or something like that though you can add the files you want and the like through that. Even if you have an SD slot on your phone and a phone to computer connector cable would work. But yeah if not then a USB to SD connector would probably be needed and that does cost some money =/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

At this point I'm not really complaining about anything (except maybe the directional airdodge). I just want to address the issues with using this kind of edited system. It also reassures me of my worries about it, should you do a side tournament for this.

I've already said I had no problems with this if it was run along with regular Brawl tournaments too, so even if I was whining, the matter would simply be not to join it.

Brawl ISN'T sacred scriptures. Just take a good look at Meta Knight...

This should be fun =)

What settings / codes will be used though...
I'm sure you'll at least have Lcancel, wavedash, no trip, but a slightly altered gravity and maybe even dmg setting I think add wonders to the game and even fix a couple gayities. We're still trying to find out which gravity setting is the best. Also I'm trying to find out some way to eliminate lock infinites and if I can, standing grab infinites and maybe at least limit chain throws. So far we've found a way to make Falco's chain not as gay with the 1.1 dmg and it also helps things move more quickly as characters die a little fast.

Sorry Espy, you're right I forgot about that. I kinda just took it for granted my computer had an SD slot. If you have a digital camera or something like that though you can add the files you want and the like through that. Even if you have an SD slot on your phone and a phone to computer connector cable would work. But yeah if not then a USB to SD connector would probably be needed and that does cost some money =/
As said earlier, the only issue I have is the aerial DIRECTIONAL airdodge. Against the more floatier/multi-jump characters, I would think anyone who's limited to only one mid-air jump and upB would be severely hampered because they would be immobile after an airdodge with the directional on.

I'm also still a little iffy about the gravity fixtures, but I'm all for the damage increase thing if it helps get out of multi-grabs and the like.

Oh, and don't screw with the jab lock system. It's really hard to do anyways, and it rarely even happens. About Dedede's chaingrab, wouldn't increasing knockback make it impossible, or is it always at a set knockback?

L-Canceling and no tripping sound great through, so I look forward to that.

---

Of course, all in all, I have to personally see how this works. Think it would be possible if you brought it by next Wednesday?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
The directional AD is the BEST part about the hacks IMO lol. I could do without WD,S or L-canceling, etc and just play with directional AD. It allows for actual combos and follow ups and make it possible to edgeguard people.

Some characters are hurt a little by it and some benifit but this is true of any edit you are going to make to a game.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
The directional AD is the BEST part about the hacks IMO lol. I could do without WD,S or L-canceling, etc and just play with directional AD. It allows for actual combos and follow ups and make it possible to edgeguard people.

Some characters are hurt a little by it and some benifit but this is true of any edit you are going to make to a game.
QFT. Infinite air dodges are what hurt Brawl the most. Actually I just got an idea......

Maybe some kind of air parry? Something like an air dodge but with a much smaller window of opportunity and allows you the option to counter attack?

Of course this is waaaaaaaaaaaaay out of the realm of hacking, but something to maybe dream about for the next Smash game (8 years from now.)

K1T3

Smash Lord
At this point I'm not really complaining about anything (except maybe the directional airdodge). I just want to address the issues with using this kind of edited system. It also reassures me of my worries about it, should you do a side tournament for this.

I've already said I had no problems with this if it was run along with regular Brawl tournaments too, so even if I was whining, the matter would simply be not to join it.

Brawl ISN'T sacred scriptures. Just take a good look at Meta Knight...

As said earlier, the only issue I have is the aerial DIRECTIONAL airdodge. Against the more floatier/multi-jump characters, I would think anyone who's limited to only one mid-air jump and upB would be severely hampered because they would be immobile after an airdodge with the directional on.

I'm also still a little iffy about the gravity fixtures, but I'm all for the damage increase thing if it helps get out of multi-grabs and the like.

Oh, and don't screw with the jab lock system. It's really hard to do anyways, and it rarely even happens. About Dedede's chaingrab, wouldn't increasing knockback make it impossible, or is it always at a set knockback?

L-Canceling and no tripping sound great through, so I look forward to that.

---

Of course, all in all, I have to personally see how this works. Think it would be possible if you brought it by next Wednesday?
The lock infinites are much more likely if there is an increase in gravity as there is more chance of landing on the ground and missing the tech. I'm sure there are even more things that will set up for it. I don't know how it could be changed either way though... Also I was thinking more of Falco's laser lock as it isn't hard to do at all...

Also I think I already mentioned how the increased gravity balances the new air dodge system and if anything the directionl airdodge assists in recoveries more so than the normal system in those cases like Link and Sonic etc.

I think the gravity is still a good thing. It makes the game faster, more edge gaurding gain and risk in doing it, give those characters that seem worse in normal brawl more combo and onstage potential overall. I'm still trying different settings though, so everything is just ideas right now. I think it will take lots of testing to find the perfect settings to be used.

If I go Wed it would be directly from school and I wouldn't be able to be there till 8PM at the earliest probably even if I did that, so I don't know if I can bring it... I'll see what I can do though... I do think other people should try it out so they can give their feedback on the different settings though.

Anyone wanting to come over and try it out is of couse still free to. Let me know people.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The lock infinites are much more likely if there is an increase in gravity as there is more chance of landing on the ground and missing the tech. I'm sure there are even more things that will set up for it. I don't know how it could be changed either way though... Also I was thinking more of Falco's laser lock as it isn't hard to do at all...

Also I think I already mentioned how the increased gravity balances the new air dodge system and if anything the directionl airdodge assists in recoveries more so than the normal system in those cases like Link and Sonic etc.

I think the gravity is still a good thing. It makes the game faster, more edge gaurding gain and risk in doing it, give those characters that seem worse in normal brawl more combo and onstage potential overall. I'm still trying different settings though, so everything is just ideas right now. I think it will take lots of testing to find the perfect settings to be used.

If I go Wed it would be directly from school and I wouldn't be able to be there till 8PM at the earliest probably even if I did that, so I don't know if I can bring it... I'll see what I can do though... I do think other people should try it out so they can give their feedback on the different settings though.

Anyone wanting to come over and try it out is of couse still free to. Let me know people.
That's what I want to do the most, then. I can't really judge something I haven't tried, now can't I?

From this point on, I guess I'll be more optimistic about this. However, I reserve my opinions as they are at this point.

If not Wednesday, then maybe sometime in the future.

K1T3

Smash Lord
That's what I want to do the most, then. I can't really judge something I haven't tried, now can't I?

From this point on, I guess I'll be more optimistic about this. However, I reserve my opinions as they are at this point.

If not Wednesday, then maybe sometime in the future.
This sounds like a great plan =)

Can't wait to try to Kite's version of Brawl this Wednesday.
Hopefully I have it there. You are going to love this game so very much. =)
I think after everyone tries "Kite's version" (lol) there will be a decent number of people in SA that get this. Then we can have a nice smashfest for it.
Hopefully by the time I get others to try it I'll have the settings worked out in a better fashion to provide the best experience. I'm doing lots of play testing to try out many different variables so expect good things.

There is one major problem though. This game will again involve tech skill... I don't know if a lot of brawl players that didn't play melee will be willing to even give it a shot as there would be so much to learn.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Kite, i will play you in Melee if you want me to, cause i can do Melee. Though I'll lose pretty hard cause I'm not good at the game.

However, the point i was wanting to get across was that if you want Melee style play Melee =/. But that's all in the past now so for now it's Brawl, 3s, and GGAC for me at the moment. Again i would play AHF there but no one plays that so there's no point in bringing it.

I will bring 3s this Wednesday though so i can barely lose to Kyle again =)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
This sounds like a great plan =)

Hopefully I have it there. You are going to love this game so very much. =)
I think after everyone tries "Kite's version" (lol) there will be a decent number of people in SA that get this. Then we can have a nice smashfest for it.
Hopefully by the time I get others to try it I'll have the settings worked out in a better fashion to provide the best experience. I'm doing lots of play testing to try out many different variables so expect good things.

There is one major problem though. This game will again involve tech skill... I don't know if a lot of brawl players that didn't play melee will be willing to even give it a shot as there would be so much to learn.
Meh, I never really cared for tech skill...although I did do moderate in friendlies with Falco and the like...

Then again, I did play Jiggz. =P

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol looks like everyone wants a piece of me and chun

Kyle you wont be so lucky next time

Suspect, just watch out for Ken and the double Shoryu's

Mr.C

Smash Master
I have moderate tech skill in Melee (although I have trouble proving it now, since I don't really play it anymore), and I still choose Brawl over Melee.

I swayed myself several days ago. I take back what I've been saying recently ("If Sonic wasn't in Brawl, I'd still be playing Melee").

I'd play Brawl, even if Sonic wasn't in it.

Personally, I think both take equal tech skill. The difference being that Brawl focuses primarily on precision with a smaller number of teching skills and abilities than Melee (which had god-knows-how many techs).

Spacing, mindgames...it's all the same.

Infact, I play Brawl alot because I personally feel that it involves more mindgame issues to make up for the lack of quantity of tech skills, when compared to Melee.

I've always preferred fighting with my mind more than my body. Brawl appeals to me in this way.

Mmhmm.

Oh, and if Melee 2.0 goes anywhere farther than side tournaments, I'm leaving for GG and 3S...
you played jiggly puff nuff said.

if you think brawl takes similar tech skill or even focuses more on mind games more so than melee you are mentally ********.

anyways.....Gj kite on trying to make a ****astic game (brawl) actually playable! hopefully people open up and actually understand sometimes you CAN make a game better than what it originally was.

Mr.C

Smash Master
i'm watching videos of Brawl+ and i'm pretty freaking impressed. i haven't been this excited about smash in a long time. this quite possibly could really turn a **** game that shouldn't even be played competitively to a very in depth amazing game.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
you played jiggly puff nuff said.

if you think brawl takes similar tech skill or even focuses more on mind games more so than melee you are mentally ********.

anyways.....Gj kite on trying to make a ****astic game (brawl) actually playable! hopefully people open up and actually understand sometimes you CAN make a game better than what it originally was.
****astic cuz it isn't melee 2, or didn't include wavedashing or what not

it's just a game, im tired of people cryin about it especially melee (fanboys)

i can't wait till SF4 comes out to see how 3rd strike player react >_>

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol I'm with you on that brah.

Either way, I'm done arguing about Melee 2.0 cause why teach a dog new tricks when they can only run old tricks =/

Anyways if Melee 2.0 becomes official for tourney play, then I'm done with smash and just enjoy myself playing something else.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Actually Street Fighter IV is receiving a fairly good reception thus far. It's a bizarre blend of 2 and 3, but with more 2 sensibilities. I for one am glad they replaced parrying. And of course I'm glad to see classic characters reborn. Only thing I'm a little annoyed is the small number of arcade characters. Hopefully the console release will be balanced and those characters fair enough to allow them into the tournament scene.

........because I want to play Cammy **** it.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well I'm fine with just Chun-Li being there along with Ryu and Ken =)

Mr.C

Smash Master
All this coming from a MELEE pro =X
Why do you people call it MELEE 2.0 when it should be called Brawl 2.0 (the better version)?

I'm just as much as a Brawl pro as a Melee pro. I'm 100% positive I can go to any one of these major tournaments and at least place top 5.

All this is coming from a person who is good at GAMES in general it has nothing to do with it being Melee/Brawl but what it does have everything to do with the game actually being a good, tournament viable game which also has a learning curve that takes skill and dedication to get around. If Brawl was a game worth playing than I'm positive people wouldn't be making Brawl+ in the first place.

Suspect said:
****astic cuz it isn't melee 2, or didn't include wavedashing or what not

it's just a game, im tired of people cryin about it especially melee (fanboys)
Being Melee 2.0 or including WDing has nothing to do with how well a game is. Melee gave people options, options = competition. The only option you have in Brawl is sadly "Should I pick Meta Knight..or not." The truth is people like Brawl because it is easier to play, easier to pick up and easier to compete in tournaments. The people that would have liked to play Melee on a competitive level but never had the determination or skill to be good at it turn to Brawl.

Of course its just a game. So are a lot of other things that are played competitively. As an example I will use Dota. A famous WC3 custom scenario. The original Defense of the Ancients was pretty garbage so the players took it upon themselves to expand and create a game that is even better than the original. Now we have Dota Allstars, which is extremely competitive AND the standard version of Dota itself. There are constant updates fixing bugs, balancing issues, adding new items/heroes etc. For what reason? its pretty simple and should be easy to understand. To make the game BETTER because they have the options to do so. Now Brawl has these options.

Brawl+ is not about being Melee 2.0, its about taking the best aspects FROM BOTH GAMES and putting them into one. Brawl has the options to change now, so why not use them to make a game that will be better than the original? the only reason I could see why people would not want this to happen is because THEY are selfish (fanboys). Mr. I'mSuspectandIhatechange.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Why do you people call it MELEE 2.0 when it should be called Brawl 2.0 (the better version)?

I'm just as much as a Brawl pro as a Melee pro. I'm 100% positive I can go to any one of these major tournaments and at least place top 5.

All this is coming from a person who is good at GAMES in general it has nothing to do with it being Melee/Brawl but what it does have everything to do with the game actually being a good, tournament viable game which also has a learning curve that takes skill and dedication to get around. If Brawl was a game worth playing than I'm positive people wouldn't be making Brawl+ in the first place.
Well....NOW I kinda see where this is going. Either way I'm done discussing on this topic so the only way to deal with all of this at the moment, is to just come on Wednesday when Kite finishes up his version and just play it. =/

K1T3

Smash Lord

Being Melee 2.0 or including WDing has nothing to do with how well a game is. Melee gave people options, options = competition. The only option you have in Brawl is sadly "Should I pick Meta Knight..or not." The truth is people like Brawl because it is easier to play, easier to pick up and easier to compete in tournaments. The people that would have liked to play Melee on a competitive level but never had the determination or skill to be good at it turn to Brawl.

Of course its just a game. So are a lot of other things that are played competitively. As an example I will use Dota. A famous WC3 custom scenario. The original Defense of the Ancients was pretty garbage so the players took it upon themselves to expand and create a game that is even better than the original. Now we have Dota Allstars, which is extremely competitive AND the standard version of Dota itself. There are constant updates fixing bugs, balancing issues, adding new items/heroes etc. For what reason? its pretty simple and should be easy to understand. To make the game BETTER because they have the options to do so. Now Brawl has these options.

Brawl+ is not about being Melee 2.0, its about taking the best aspects FROM BOTH GAMES and putting them into one. Brawl has the options to change now, so why not use them to make a game that will be better than the original? the only reason I could see why people would not want this to happen is because THEY are selfish (fanboys). Mr. I'mSuspectandIhatechange.
This post wins.
<3 when people post intellegently and with reason behind what they say.

I'll go ahead and back MrC up and say I also think he could go to any one of our tournies and get top 5 with ease. The only thing that might stop him is mass Metaknights...

If I recall Suspect just a little while ago you tried to pick up melee, before you played brawl and got ***** terribly. As soon as you played brawl you realised that you could win this game almost the first time you played it and in comparison in order to catch up in melee it would require way too much time and effort. Since then you have gone from being a melee supporter to a pure brawl person simply due to the fact you could "compete" with almost no previous effort.

I should mention though that even the Brawl+ community (those trying to make this project) for the most part are also very resistant to change even if it makes the game better. They say they want to create a deeper version of Brawl that is faster/more competative, more enjoyable, but all that means is they want wavedashing and Lcanceling (mainly cause they were in melee and they are familiar with that). Anything new and strange that deviates from their view a good portion of them will reject outright. Some examples include tinkering with the gravity or dmg settings (though I'm sure if people wanted to they could think of much better ideas with which to improve the game). Many of these people even want to completely change the hitstun so they can have super easy combos (combos were more prevalent in melee...) even though there are plenty of combos in brawl especially with the features added thus far, and they don't even think about the depth the current brawl hitstun system would add in combination with the new things added.

Well....NOW I kinda see where this is going. Either way I'm done discussing on this topic so the only way to deal with all of this at the moment, is to just come on Wednesday when Kite finishes up his version and just play it. =/
Lol I doubt it'll be 'finished' up by then. I had some people come over yesterday, the game is fun no doubt, much more fun in both playing and watching and there are so many new options opened up and I have no idea what the best what to play anyone would be now. There are still some things though. Even I'm resistant to change though and playing with different gravity settings felt slightly strange and I almost felt like changing them back. But I thought about it logically and saw all the things that it added and the people that were playing with me didn't have a lot of brawl experience and thus weren't stuck with the preconception of the pervious gravity in mind and all like the game quite a bit. Even witht the changes I made though with the game set to 4 stock 7 minutes we still ran out of time a few times and with decent DI people still lived to over 200 (though this could be due to us sucking and not knowing fully the best way to use all the new options, melee matchs where pretty slow before people figured out the best ways to **** with everyone). The game is no doubt sped up, better, and more fun but I think 3 stock might have to stay the standard. Unless I increase the gravity or dmg even more, though this might be the best thing for the game I also have to think of what will the Brawl+ community will be willing to accept and I doubt they would even accept any change besides L canceling and wavedashing.

But characters really do feel awesome now, you have so much more control and can move much more quickly and fluidly.

Edit: MrC come over sometime this week with OT (and Fear if he's willing to) and try this out. I really can't be completely objective about this and even I know that. It would be nice to hear what yall think works and doesn't after you try it out and what you think might need to be added or taken away. Plus it should be fun =)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
@ Mr. C: no u

Yeah, I just realized that I said "equal". Bit of a moderate mistake on my part. I know Melee is more precise with it's button inputs.

Mmhmm, so 'no u'.

-----

but yeah, I'm still open to this idea...

The more I ponder on it, the more open I become about it.
I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a whirl. You better be there on Wednesday, or I'm eating your SD cards...

I'm serious.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
.....or I'm eating your SD cards...

I'm serious.
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM
NOM NOM NOM NOM

Srs business.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol I doubt it'll be 'finished' up by then. I had some people come over yesterday, the game is fun no doubt, much more fun in both playing and watching and there are so many new options opened up and I have no idea what the best what to play anyone would be now. There are still some things though. Even I'm resistant to change though and playing with different gravity settings felt slightly strange and I almost felt like changing them back. But I thought about it logically and saw all the things that it added and the people that were playing with me didn't have a lot of brawl experience and thus weren't stuck with the preconception of the pervious gravity in mind and all like the game quite a bit. Even witht the changes I made though with the game set to 4 stock 7 minutes we still ran out of time a few times and with decent DI people still lived to over 200 (though this could be due to us sucking and not knowing fully the best way to use all the new options, melee matchs where pretty slow before people figured out the best ways to **** with everyone). The game is no doubt sped up, better, and more fun but I think 3 stock might have to stay the standard. Unless I increase the gravity or dmg even more, though this might be the best thing for the game I also have to think of what will the Brawl+ community will be willing to accept and I doubt they would even accept any change besides L canceling and wavedashing.

But characters really do feel awesome now, you have so much more control and can move much more quickly and fluidly.
Well...I'll give this version one try, cause I've lost all the predictions I've made about the games. Video games and Sports wise. So I'm not gonna knock it till i see and/or try it.

However, if this is gonna get turned into Melee, then I'm gonna have to say goodbye to Smash all together. =/

@Kite: Hey, play me in Brawl and not Brawl+ this Wednesday just to play cause I'm drifting away from this game the more i hear about Brawl+. =/

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol Nice

I'm with ya on that brah...that and 3s cause you'll lose to my Ken/Ryu

LeeHarris

Smash Lord

Come to HOBO12. If you make top 5, I'll give you $100 :)

Your determination and logic are way off base. I 100% agree that Melee was a better game than Brawl. I can still play Melee all but get bored of Brawl after a couple of hours. It takes more technical skill and it is overall a deeper game.

But that doesn't make Brawl a bad game. No fighting game can touch Melee's depth. The only one that is even close is MvC2. Does this make games like 3S, GG, etc bad? No. Brawl is a good, competitive game with an interesting engine. Just because Melee was an amazing game does not mean Brawl should not be played. In a perfect world, I'd keep Melee as the tournament standard and Brawl would die out. Unfortunately, that's not how it works.

For example, I played Halo 1 competitively. To this day, it is still my favorite game next to CS. It was clearly superior in every way to Halo 2/3, but it died out as soon as Halo 2 came out.

There's really no point in you arguing any of this because like I said, Brawl being worse than Melee does not make Brawl a bad game. It just makes Melee a better game.

And for the record, I am totally down with regular Brawl or hacked Brawl. I like both ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
****, Lee... will you give ME 100 dollars for placing top 5? I'm willing to be an arrogant *** for a week or two if it'll give me that option XD

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol I think that 100$ only is entitled to Mr.C that is if he can get to top 5 >.>;;

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
xD Nice.

Whats the Crew's name? Cause its not match for RnJ xD jk jk

Mr.C

Smash Master
There's really no point in you arguing any of this because like I said, Brawl being worse than Melee does not make Brawl a bad game. It just makes Melee a better game.
I don't think this should be about Melee and Brawl anymore. It SHOULD be about Brawl, Brawl+. There's really no point in playing regular Brawl when it has the potential to be a much better game right?

Honestly the only things I don't like about Brawl is the lack of L canceling, L canceling gives characters options. Hell, 95% of the aerials in Brawl can't even be used (meaning most characters will be garbage). The lack/use of your shield besides for camping. There is no way to use your shield in an offensive manner due to you not being able to shield while dashing. Last but not least the lack of movement, Wding pretty much covers this area. These three things are a major part of why Melee was so amazing in the first place. Brawl+ adds every single one of these things. Characters like Ganon, Ike, Bowser, Link, CF etc start to become actually viable solely because of these things which is what this game needs...big time.

The ONLY problem I see with Brawl+ is the cooperation that is needed from the community in order for the game to actually be played. People are pretty lazy so I guess that is a very big problem.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think this should be about Melee and Brawl anymore. It SHOULD be about Brawl, Brawl+. There's really no point in playing regular Brawl when it has the potential to be a much better game right?

Honestly the only things I don't like about Brawl is the lack of L canceling, L canceling gives characters options. Hell, 95% of the aerials in Brawl can't even be used (meaning most characters will be garbage). The lack/use of your shield besides for camping. There is no way to use your shield in an offensive manner due to you not being able to shield while dashing. Last but not least the lack of movement, Wding pretty much covers this area. These three things are a major part of why Melee was so amazing in the first place. Brawl+ adds every single one of these things. Characters like Ganon, Ike, Bowser, Link, CF etc start to become actually viable solely because of these things which is what this game needs...big time.

The ONLY problem I see with Brawl+ is the cooperation that is needed from the community in order for the game to actually be played. People are pretty lazy so I guess that is a very big problem.
The only problem I have with Brawl+ at the moment is the directional airdodging bit. It concerns me only because of how tough it'd be for characters to go against floaties/Meta Knight when they're off the level.

They lose that ability to airdodge to get back on the level safely.

But that's about it. I really wanna try Brawl+ so I can understand how the L-cancel works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom