• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Hai guys, I is now on Xbox Live:

The MC Clusky

Send me an add on Live plz

(PS King Mosquito is already taken [wtf!!!11!!!!1] and The King Mosquito is too long)

Nike.

Smash Hero
Im gone for 5 days and the SA thread turns into another Brawl/Melee?Melee2.0 debate.

btw, ppl a couple pages back were talking about SA crews. Particularly about Espy and I being givens. Some of you are forgetting alot of ppl that do well at the game. If you want a rough estimate of ppl here as of now:

1.espy
2-3. MrC and Kite. I have no doubt that at the top of there game that this is where they would place.
4-7. Morningstar, Me, Slim, Ethan.
8-57256. Everyone else

Again, this is based soley on my opinion. I need to play Morningstar and Ethan again, because the one time we had friendlies was on a laggy LCD plasma and I gave up trying after 2 rounds.

And I wont be attending at Gamelot tmrw D: Missing 2 days of skool suks

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Im gone for 5 days and the SA thread turns into another Brawl/Melee?Melee2.0 debate.

btw, ppl a couple pages back were talking about SA crews. Particularly about Espy and I being givens. Some of you are forgetting alot of ppl that do well at the game. If you want a rough estimate of ppl here as of now:

1.espy
2-3. MrC and Kite. I have no doubt that at the top of there game that this is where they would place.
4-7. Morningstar, Me, Slim, Ethan.
8-57256. Everyone else

Again, this is based soley on my opinion. I need to play Morningstar and Ethan again, because the one time we had friendlies was on a laggy LCD plasma and I gave up trying after 2 rounds.

And I wont be attending at Gamelot tmrw D: Missing 2 days of skool suks

Me, morningstar and ethan have our own crew now >_>

Nike.

Smash Hero
:o Doesnt a crew usually have 4-5 ppl? I wont be there tmrw, but at the wootz tourny san antonio should get organized :D

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
:o Doesnt a crew usually have 4-5 ppl? I wont be there tmrw, but at the wootz tourny san antonio should get organized :D
well yea this just got started so i guess we are looking for a few more people >_>

up to them im fine with 3 maybe even 1 more

K1T3

Smash Lord
I broke my brawl+ so no can do tomorrow. Sorry guys =(
I also probably won't be going now.... we'll see...
Espy, Nike, Greyfox, and all the rest of SA, including suspects crew, should just get in one crew and smash regularly. If yall are really adament about having seperate crews yall should make them based on location and who lives close to each other / would actually be able to smash with each other.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I will likely be in attendance today, assuming I get my study guide finished. And I will be able to stay later.

I see for crews.... SA WEST and SA EAST because the St Phillip's people which includes Papi, Lightmare and Slim have enough people and skill to be a crew.

SA WEST would be like Greyfox, Nike20, Espy, etc.

And I will see about Chester bringing hacked Brawl if he can come.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I broke my brawl+ so no can do tomorrow. Sorry guys =(
I also probably won't be going now.... we'll see...
Espy, Nike, Greyfox, and all the rest of SA, including suspects crew, should just get in one crew and smash regularly. If yall are really adament about having seperate crews yall should make them based on location and who lives close to each other / would actually be able to smash with each other.
I will likely be in attendance today, assuming I get my study guide finished. And I will be able to stay later.

I see for crews.... SA WEST and SA EAST because the St Phillip's people which includes Papi, Lightmare and Slim have enough people and skill to be a crew.

SA WEST would be like Greyfox, Nike20, Espy, etc.

And I will see about Chester bringing hacked Brawl if he can come.
Sucks about Brawl+ kite, but as KM said. Let's hope so, I kinda wanna give it a whirl.

As for Crews, I consider myself a free-agent as of now =P. I don't know what's gonna happen, although I'd personally prefer one concentrated crew for SA rather than two.

Two's fine though.

I'm gonna show up around 9:30-9:45 today...**** Math classes...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well if it concerns SA West then it would be Nike20, Suspect, MorningStar, Ethan, myself, and a few others (i could name more)

I for one don't know whats on the east side of town but its really looking one sided if we do East v West =/

As of right now, I'm in crew RnJ so having crews based off who would want to be in one would be pointless

In all reality, I like the idea Kite posted about just playing with each other. I'm sure Nike mentioned this before but I'm guessing that one big crew to rep SA-town would just be better than having a bunch of small crews to rep SA-town. Don't get me wrong having a crew is good (I should know).

Also, about this whole Wednesday gamefest, the only problem I see is not enough players/Brawlers is gonna come to Gamelot every Wednesday (points to Espy, Nike20, Slim, MorningStar). If this whole crew thing is to work, we need to have a place to smash among the smashers of SA-town. Nike i know your place isn't always gonna be available for us to use every week.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Man, it was kinda shallow when I arrived at Gamelot today. I ***** too hard in Brawl...with Random.

No Nike, no Suspect, no Slim, no Ethan, no Morningstar...

We're not gonna be able to do crew stuff and things if no one else shows up...

Melee was pretty fun, but I really wanted to play Brawl. And when the last Wii left at 10:30, all I could do was play Melee until 11:30...when the last Gamecube left...

Then it was me just looking at this one dude lose consistently at Tekken and MvC2, then swinging over to consider buying the Genesis gamelot is selling for $25...

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Me and Ethan were there and i left cuz i got bored of ****** in teams with ethan. Greyfox left early too, I just got bored so i left

me and ethan was reppin that reggie kush lmao, now i hope me and morningstar can at Wootz

Nike.

Smash Hero
Greyfox: "I like the idea Kite posted about just playing with each other."

Sorry I couldnt make it to Gamelot guys. I was in new mexico for 5 days and I had just too much work from skool to make up. I cant wait to graduate and actually have freedom.

However, next week I'll prolly end up going. I can always bring a tv and wii and cube.

As for crews, I think more than one would be nice. We need competition for ourselves. If out of towners come to SA and **** the whole time and want a crew battle, we can just take the best from each and do it. West vs East wont work cuz nearly everyone lives on the west side. Kite and MrC live in the east but they wont even bother.

For the moment, Im like puff. Free Agency is nice. I'll prolly team with tim if his pika can learn all the advanced moves and not just spam. And then the 2 of us will join whoever.

K1T3

Smash Lord
Fear and OT live by MrC as well and are pretty good. Doubt Fear will play, OT probably would though.

If I'm at gamelot and there's not competition for Brawl I'm perfectly willing to play (I don't hate the game or anything) so just grab me. I just don't like the idea of driving all the way to the NW side of town is all... If there are people that live semi close to me then I'll be happy to play with them and help them get better if I have the time... probably.

Is Papi the Olimar player? I never got his name. Anyone know whereabouts him, Slim and Lightmare live?

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Fear and OT live by MrC as well and are pretty good. Doubt Fear will play, OT probably would though.

If I'm at gamelot and there's not competition for Brawl I'm perfectly willing to play (I don't hate the game or anything) so just grab me. I just don't like the idea of driving all the way to the NW side of town is all... If there are people that live semi close to me then I'll be happy to play with them and help them get better if I have the time... probably.

Is Papi the Olimar player? I never got his name. Anyone know whereabouts him, Slim and Lightmare live?
I think i heard u say brawl+ was broken so u didnt bring it....meta knight is broken and he showed up

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
If anyone is coming to my tournament November 15th, I demand a hacked brawl for friendlies.

Then I will see about a last minute December tournament........hmmmmmm here's what I got in mind:

Brawl+ singles
Brawl teams (NORMAL BRAWL)
Melee teams, THEN singles if there is interest
Gears of War 2 or Soul Calibur IV

I'm pretty sure Brawl+ at 3 stock 7 minute will run faster than normal Brawl. But only one way to find out.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
If anyone is coming to my tournament November 15th, I demand a hacked brawl for friendlies.

Then I will see about a last minute December tournament........hmmmmmm here's what I got in mind:

Brawl+ singles
Brawl teams (NORMAL BRAWL)
Melee teams, THEN singles if there is interest
Gears of War 2 or Soul Calibur IV

I'm pretty sure Brawl+ at 3 stock 7 minute will run faster than normal Brawl. But only one way to find out.
lolwut? brawl+ is already takin over

so no regular brawl singles? im sure more people will show up

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
lolwut? brawl+ is already takin over

so no regular brawl singles? im sure more people will show up
Time for something new. I mean there are so many people who complain about Brawl being slow, simplified and having no depth.

Besides, I've never had time for Brawl teams since Final Smash 4, so that will be interesting.

I'm with Lee on the need to have tournaments that try to do something different.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Time for something new. I mean there are so many people who complain about Brawl being slow, simplified and having no depth.

Besides, I've never had time for Brawl teams since Final Smash 4, so that will be interesting.

I'm with Lee on the need to have tournaments that try to do something different.
those people are just melee fanboy's they will live

why not do regular brawl singles and teams? if u do brawl+ singles...more than likely they are gonna want a brawl+ teams >_>

making more money>trying something "different"

Nike.

Smash Hero
:) I remember when you were a melee fanboy too until you were
convicted

oh, and i'll have your matches against espy up sometime today

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
lol i wasnt a melee fanboy i just didnt have a wii and never had the chance to play brawl till that night

dont get me wrong...i still like melee i just play brawl more cuz im better at it than i am at melee

yay matches! lol

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@KM: Hmm...Brawl+ Singles? Really? And why don't see Brawl Singles up there?

Ugh...this will be a regular Melee turnout once again....whelp time to brush off my SC4 skills =/

EDIT: How can you guys says "it's time for something new", when Brawl itself hasn't even been out an entire year?
I'm not gonna say that its Melee players wanting to play Brawl, Melee style, but come on at least give it some time before tossing the original out to the curb =/

Nike.

Smash Hero
Theres not many things left to discover in brawl. Nearly all of the character boards are getting a standstill at the metagame.

I think considering he wasnt even gonna have anything in december in the first place, we should be happy. It's another idea being thrown out in the open, just like ppl wanting to ban mk.

With that outta the way, I see it as an epic fail. Not because its bad idea, just that there would be hardly ANY setups for that. Theres hardly enough as it is for normal single.

I say if you can get least 5 set ups, it'll be a success. Otherwise, blow it off and prepare for FS5.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I would still rather play the original, despite the lack of things to do from the transition from Melee to Brawl

Mr.C

Smash Master
dont get me wrong...i still like melee i just play brawl more cuz im better at it than i am at melee
Figures, because melee actually takes practice and skill to play, you run towards Brawl. Just like anyone else who prefers Brawl! lol

GreyFox86 said:
EDIT: How can you guys says "it's time for something new", when Brawl itself hasn't even been out an entire year?
I'm not gonna say that its Melee players wanting to play Brawl, Melee style, but come on at least give it some time before tossing the original out to the curb =/
A game doesn't have to be out long for people to know it's bad. Y'all need to open up your eyes, toss away your pride or whatever is convincing you Brawl is a decent game and realize its garbage.

Then again maybe I'm biased and enjoy games that reward the good players for actually being...you know...good? I guess I need to give up all hope that one day Brawl won't suck so much ***, move on and play CS or something. :[

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Figures, because melee actually takes practice and skill to play, you run towards Brawl. Just like anyone else who prefers Brawl! lol

A game doesn't have to be out long for people to know it's bad. Y'all need to open up your eyes, toss away your pride or whatever is convincing you Brawl is a decent game and realize its garbage.

Then again maybe I'm biased and enjoy games that reward the good players for actually being...you know...good? I guess I need to give up all hope that one day Brawl won't suck so much ***, move on and play CS or something. :[
just like u prlly will with brawl+, and i said i like melee more so ur better off minding ur own biz

and if brawl requires no skill to play why are you not a well known pro? cry moar

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Whoa whoa whoa....no need to go there Suspect. Same with Mr. C.

@Mr.C: I see where you are going with this. Brawl isn't good compared to Melee....or in your case at all.
I IMO would play Melee over Brawl any day of the week, but like you said "melee actually takes practice and skill to play" and i don't have the skill do play at your level. I might as well give the tourney money to you if i went to a tourney.

@Suspect: You just need to chill bro cause all this tension and anger that I'm getting from your direction isn't gonna do you justice.

Either way, there's no need to argument here on this topic over the littlest things. I know that my arguments aren't any better but right now, I'm willing to try out this Brawl+, just to see what its like and decided from there, cause weither people know it or not, this is still Brawl (so hence the name of the new update).

K1T3

Smash Lord
Kyle I doubt you could answer this right now, but what would be the rules for a brawl+ tourney, if you had one.
Would MK be banned?
What codes would be used?
etc...etc...
I don't think this is something you can wait till the last minute to decide is all...

MrC what do you think the rules for a brawl+ tourney should be?

Mr.C

Smash Master
im not even angry im just tired of fanboys and ignorant posts
Ignorant? a lacking knowledge or comprehension of the thing specified? because last time I checked we were talking about Brawl/Melee and I'm **** sure I know more about both games than you ever will.

Actually I could sit here and list Melee frame data, damage, frames on every single characters roll, dodge, air dodge. Which moves have priority over others, which moves have invincible frames and for how long. I can tell you how much damage every single move in the game does and how much damage it will do when you take APD into consideration. How fast each character walks/runs, how fast they fall, how fast they can fast fall and put them into tiers. How many frames a WD lasts etc..... the list goes on. lol

If I actually sat down and took the time and had a reason I could do the same exact thing for Brawl. Ignorant.... about something I know more about than almost every single person that plays this game.... lol psshh.

Kyle I doubt you could answer this right now, but what would be the rules for a brawl+ tourney, if you had one.
Would MK be banned?
etc...etc...
I don't think this is something you can wait till the last minute to decide is all...

- The Melee Lcancel code, not shield canceling. If other characters can actually compete with their aerials there is no reason to ban MK.

- Melee's air dodge system, and the code allowing you to use your shield during your dash animation.

- Same rules that normal Brawl tourneys are using atm regarding their neutral stages, counter picks and banned stages etc. Same thing goes with stock and time limit I'd imagine.

Also, if you are changing the gravity you need to make sure characters aren't living any longer than they should be when getting hit with vertical kills etc. I've never played it so I can't really say anything about that. It would also suck if character get cheesy infinite's due to the gravity but then again it couldn't be any worse than what Brawl is right now lol.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian would tear that up so hard.

Oh, whos watching survivor tonite :D

Yauhhzzzz I'm going all IKE :).

Would MK be banned?
etc...etc...

I'm not Mr.C, but I have tested brawl+ a ****ton lol.

S-canceling
No tripping
Infinite replay time
Melee Airdodge
SBR Rules

MK doesn't need to be banned.

I have yet to test the new hitstun code, so I think the above are all I can approve of. I will test the hitsun soon. LeeHarris says it's amazing.

Mr.C

Smash Master
I've seen videos lol Ike actually looks like a freaking character now it's awesome. So do a lot of other characters as well... I really hope people start picking up Brawl+ :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I've seen videos lol Ike actually looks like a freaking character now it's awesome. So do a lot of other characters as well... I really hope people start picking up Brawl+ :(
Yeah.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on L-canceling over S. I've talked about it a lot with the SBR, and other people and I have tested the **** out of both and I really think S-canceling is better now until proven broken. Considering the amount of defensive options in this game it doesn't really feel like L-canceling does much at all. S-canceling seems to balance out quite nicely between defense and offense and allows for combos even without hitstun.

For example I can Dair someone with Ike and then SC into a double jumped Uair. If they AD, I just FF down and uptilt when I land. It's impossible to escape at certain %'s since the AD makes them venerable. Also, at around 20ish% Ike can Fair to SC and Wavedash forward into his jab combo or ftilt and the whole thing actually combo's.

L-canceling doesn't really seem to change much from what I've tested. I understand the logistics of why L-canceling may be better, but from testing them both S-canceling seems to suit brawl better.

Edit:

My Ike vs KM's Lucario:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbfUXIqrSQ

Mr.C

Smash Master
Yeah.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on L-canceling over S. I've talked about it a lot with the SBR, and other people and I have tested the **** out of both and I really think S-canceling is better now until proven broken. Considering the amount of defensive options in this game it doesn't really feel like L-canceling does much at all. S-canceling seems to balance out quite nicely between defense and offense and allows for combos even without hitstun.

For example I can Dair someone with Ike and then SC into a double jumped Uair. If they AD, I just FF down and uptilt when I land. It's impossible to escape at certain %'s since the AD makes them venerable. Also, at around 20ish% Ike can Fair to SC and Wavedash forward into his jab combo or ftilt and the whole thing actually combo's.

L-canceling doesn't really seem to change much from what I've tested. I understand the logistics of why L-canceling may be better, but from testing them both S-canceling seems to suit brawl better.

Edit:

My Ike vs KM's Lucario:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQbfUXIqrSQ
I'll take your word on it lol. It makes sense since character don't really have a defining fall speed. I can't wait to play Brawl+ haha.

EDIT: Just got down watching your video. The game actually looks like you win/lose because of the choices you make instead of the imbalances of certain characters, that's how it should be. Amen.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Im sure that about 56089123671251 possibilities pop up (cuz its deep like melee lol), but wouldnt it be easier to go diddy, use bananas effectively, and basically negate wavedashing?

Oh, didnt stay home tonight so the vids will have to wait :(

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'll take your word on it lol. It makes sense since character don't really have a defining fall speed. I can't wait to play Brawl+ haha.
Thanks. I can tell/show you more in person :). I've been messing around with it a ton lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom