• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
There are these things called good logical arguements that people with no real arguments who simply make subjective statements do anything to avoid =) (but yeah you're right it's a wall of text, maybe I'll clean it up later, it's really just meant for Kyle, though, since he wanted the debate settled)

Espy - yeah if I'm there with my laptop I can give you all the stuff you need, but you would be much better off going below, it gives you everything you need in a really simple fashion.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199810

And yes jiggs is hella fun and awesome. Especially with hitstun =)

Edit: just looked at the sig, that is pretty pimp, but it should be TGM's sig since he actually plays Samus =P
If I get an SD Reader before the tournament, I'll do everything myself. However, if I don't, I just want to get it from you, so I can, at the very least, hack Brawl while I wait for my reader...

And yes, it should be TGMs...

and it should say Hoolian.

It sounds like something Dr. Seuss would come up with...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
There are these things called good logical arguements that people with no real arguments who simply make subjective statements do anything to avoid =) (but yeah you're right it's a wall of text, maybe I'll clean it up later, it's really just meant for Kyle, though, since he wanted the debate settled)

Espy - yeah if I'm there with my laptop I can give you all the stuff you need, but you would be much better off going below, it gives you everything you need in a really simple fashion.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=199810

And yes jiggs is hella fun and awesome. Especially with hitstun =)

Edit: just looked at the sig, that is pretty pimp, but it should be TGM's sig since he actually plays Samus =P
Just because you typed a huge wall of text doesn't mean you are right. I will spend time pointing out the flaws in that wall of text after I get off work.

And I have ALWAYS had a samus sig. She is my favorite smash character. If she had one or two kills moves that killed around 100% I would main her lol.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Nothing wrong with going with your favorite character (fav not main)

It just so happens that my fav is also my main :p

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
And I have ALWAYS had a samus sig. She is my favorite smash character. If she had one or two kills moves that killed around 100% I would main her lol.
Samus is so dumb in the smash games that I actually like her less because of them lol...

Metroid games are pretty much always good but Samus in smash is all around meh-worthy

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Samus is so dumb in the smash games that I actually like her less because of them lol...

Metroid games are pretty much always good but Samus in smash is all around meh-worthy
Been meaning to ask for awhile: What the hell is that thing in your signature? Where is it from?

Oh, and Hylian, then play her. I dare you.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Been meaning to ask for awhile: What the hell is that thing in your signature? Where is it from?

Oh, and Hylian, then play her. I dare you.
My sig is just a popular gif next to a little text box that Bahamut made.

However, I'm guessing you meant what is in my avatar... which is something Mic_128 gave me when he got SMod powers and just changed everyone's avatars as a joke. It's one of the first things that comes up when you google image search "Dr. Dragon". It's a little statue of a dragon with a stethoscope and a doctor's bag. I decided I liked it (since it actually has a dragon that's a doctor in it lol) and just kept it.

Mr.C

Smash Master
That was beautiful.

EDIT: Regarding the S-Cancel vs L-Cancel debate. No one here should be making their decisions based on how hard something is to perform. You should base your decisions on what will make the game better. In theory L-Canceling does sound better, but Brawl is a new game with a new engine, and without testing we won't know which one gives the game the most options/overall make it a better game to play. That's what you should focus on finding out, not which one requires more tech skill.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
same here

EDIT: @King M- wtf is wrong with kirby? lol

i like his games (70% of them) and he is good in smash except melee >_>
Just don't enjoy his move set. He has tons of cooler powers that they should have given him. And his throw game is terrible....... oh btw do people still randomly break out of his throws in Brawl?

His games are good but they are usually too easy. I like almost never die in them.

And Yoshi can't jump out of shield. You have no idea how much this annoys me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok, first and foremost, Why are we still talking about Yoshi when we could be talking about Fox'x WaveShine coming back

That's right, I saw the vid, and that was very sexy. I'm kinda envious about NOT having Brawl+. Though I think that if you were to go Brawl+, keep reg. Brawl as a side thing, only if Brawl+ goes as the regulation

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Just don't enjoy his move set. He has tons of cooler powers that they should have given him. And his throw game is terrible....... oh btw do people still randomly break out of his throws in Brawl?

His games are good but they are usually too easy. I like almost never die in them.

And Yoshi can't jump out of shield. You have no idea how much this annoys me.
his throw game is pretty good in brawl and no, u dont randomly break out.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
What's this? A new main? Lol you should have Peach as your main as well :)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
i really dont have a MAIN yet. i just use 3 characters. PT, Kirby and Peach. i'll have a peach sig soon and im just switching them out :)

i like my peach tho

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Cool cool. Can't wait to see your new peach sig.

By the way, do you make your sigs? Cause i need a new one. :)

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
dugfinn seems to make sigs, but I believe they cost monies. Hylian's current Metroid sig is her handiwork.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Neither would I. Hey Kyle, I might play in your next SC4 tourney just to see how much I suck :p

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Final update to rules:

Corneria has been readded, nvm the earlier post, Green Greens added.

California striking system is in effect instead of random select:

At the start of the first round, players flip a coin. Players then take turns to elminate stages one by one until there is only one remaining. The remaining stage will be used.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Final update to rules:

Corneria has been cut and replaced with Green Greens.

California striking system is in effect instead of random select:

At the start of the first round, players flip a coin. Players then take turns to elminate stages one by one until there is only one remaining. The remaining stage will be used.
Whatttt?!?!!? GReen greens instead of corneria?!?!?!

Worst decision EVER.

What could possibly be your logic for that? It can't be walls, because green greens has those everywhere, while corneria only has 1 .

Edit: Also, corneria is a very common tournament stage, while green greens is usually banned. I'm very confused.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Whatttt?!?!!? GReen greens instead of corneria?!?!?!

Worst decision EVER.

What could possibly be your logic for that? It can't be walls, because green greens has those everywhere, while corneria only has 1 .
Those walls can be destroyed, and you are not forced to fight next to said walls, UNLIKE under the wing in Corneria.

I'll need at least two more complaints before I put it back in. Remember, unlike Xyro's ruleset I don't believe in arbitrary stuff like limiting chaingrabs and stuff.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Those walls can be destroyed, and you are not forced to fight next to said walls, UNLIKE under the wing in Corneria.

I'll need at least two more complaints before I put it back in. Remember, unlike Xyro's ruleset I don't believe in arbitrary stuff like limiting chaingrabs and stuff.
So, you are saying that you need to break the walls on Green Greens? In that case you are fighting the stage more then your opponent and it strays from testing the normal skill-set in a match. You can't just run back and fourth and break the blocks without taking severe punishment and there is no where to camp on this stage without walls.

Corneria has ONE wall. That means you can stay TO THE RIGHT OF IT. Or just camp the top if you are ahead in %. It doesn't matter if DDD can infinite CG people on that wall if they just stay to the right of him. Or you could just pick a character that can't be CG'ed by him there. That's the point of a counterpick.

I don't think green greens should be banned really, but banning corneria instead of green greens makes almost no sense what-so-ever.

Seriously compare the numbers on the SBR vote:
Corneria: 1-27-9
Green Greens 0-10-11*

Dojo

Smash Champion
Although I don't mind Green Greens, I'm also very confused as to why Corneria is banned. It's a commonly used tourney stage that has one avoidable wall to camp towards. It can be worked around by any smart player.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Wootz tourny today was lame. I hate johning but this takes the cake. They set up a plasma for tourny matches. I got 3 stocked and 2 stocked by a mediocre R.O.B. who seemed used to lag. After our match was over and 2 more matches were played on it, the owner shut down that tv for only friendlies. His reasons were "it helped the matches speed up by having 4 set ups instead of 3. So we only needed it for the first half."

The wootz owner failed hardcore today. I do not plan on entering another tourny at that venue.

Oh, DMK showed up and beat Espy in the finals. Idk what the results were, but dont take them srsly at all after top 3.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Wootz tourny today was lame. I hate johning but this takes the cake. They set up a plasma for tourny matches. I got 3 stocked and 2 stocked by a mediocre R.O.B. who seemed used to lag. After our match was over and 2 more matches were played on it, the owner shut down that tv for only friendlies. His reasons were "it helped the matches speed up by having 4 set ups instead of 3. So we only needed it for the first half."

The wootz owner failed hardcore today. I do not plan on entering another tourny at that venue.

Oh, DMK showed up and beat Espy in the finals. Idk what the results were, but dont take them srsly at all after top 3.
yea wootz failed HARD, i dont really like playing on the projectors. When i was doing friendlies i couldn't even shellshift right with squirtle. My kirby did ok tho.

i wont be going to another tourny there after the doubles one on the 30th. lol DMK only won 70$ outta like 20 something people going and with such a high price.

Wootz is a failure, just the owner trying to make money

ZSdK

Smash Cadet
For wootz I'm pretty sure about top 3 but the rest dunno.

1st-DMK(MK)
2nd-Espy(Sonic)
3rd-Fireluigi/ZSdK(Diddy/Luigi)
4thZahia(Falco, Snake, Mario)?
5thMorningstar(Snake)?

Espy teach me sonic lol. ggs btw.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
GGs to everyone I've played. I was the pika/ganon player. Sucks that I had to play DMK my first match. :/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeauhzzz ^_^
You punk.

Sonic does fantastic on Green Greens...

You punk.

lol ZSdk.

K Prime, your Ganon is so **** cool. I want to play it soon...

Three Stocking Fireluigi's Diddy with Ganon?

You deserve 5 ****ing cookies and 2 internetz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom