• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Wootz tourny today was lame. I hate johning but this takes the cake. They set up a plasma for tourny matches. I got 3 stocked and 2 stocked by a mediocre R.O.B. who seemed used to lag. After our match was over and 2 more matches were played on it, the owner shut down that tv for only friendlies. His reasons were "it helped the matches speed up by having 4 set ups instead of 3. So we only needed it for the first half."

The wootz owner failed hardcore today. I do not plan on entering another tourny at that venue.

Oh, DMK showed up and beat Espy in the finals. Idk what the results were, but dont take them srsly at all after top 3.
yea wootz failed HARD, i dont really like playing on the projectors. When i was doing friendlies i couldn't even shellshift right with squirtle. My kirby did ok tho.

i wont be going to another tourny there after the doubles one on the 30th. lol DMK only won 70$ outta like 20 something people going and with such a high price.

Wootz is a failure, just the owner trying to make money
This why I lol at anyone that tries to rip on Gamelot.

I would have gone today, but I lacked moneys and also kinda forgot about it until about 12:45, at which point I called Espy to find out they had just made the bracket.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Minibeast was crazy. And K Prime's got a crazy sick Pika, took my ROB out good.

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
I did win our first round of ganon dittos before he murdered me the 2nd. I'm not sure how exactly that couldve happened.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
All i can say is this....DI up again the TORNADO HOLD into Bair with Snake :)

Although that ROB would've lost to me had i not screwed up twice....but that's my only john for the night ;)

EDIT: Also, I'm not gonna strike down Wootz cause i did mention the projectors before (despite the fact that it was about the lag which wasn't a huge problem).....Wootz isn't that bad, that just means that if you don't want to deal with it, then just hold on to your money for the next GM tourneys. I for one am gonna keep going to the Wootz tourneys cause the owner is a good friend of mine and i don't think there's anything wrong with him running tourneys.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Who's gonna be going to Gamelot this Wednesday? I'm gonna try to go solely for Brawl, and I want some good practice in...

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
@T-REX!: So you're the ROB player...yea i would've won had i not made mistakes as such....but that's ok. Next time you won't be so lucky. ;)

@Espy: I'm going this Wednesday and I'll bring my Wii and Vid Camera so we can get some 1v1 vids...at least some >.>;;

I don't know if Aaron is going this time or not but I'll definitely be there

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
@T-REX!: So you're the ROB player...yea i would've won had i not made mistakes as such....but that's ok. Next time you won't be so lucky. ;)

@Espy: I'm going this Wednesday and I'll bring my Wii and Vid Camera so we can get some 1v1 vids...at least some >.>;;

I don't know if Aaron is going this time or not but I'll definitely be there
Well if thats the case ill see if i can go for a lil bit becuz i want some recorded matches seeing as nike20 wont upload the last ones i had >_>

and i want some MM's too. Anyone :)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Anyone know where i can find Megaman Sprites from MvC1?
Gonna make a sig with him doing the Tornado Hold but have Meta as the Tornado :D
lmao i remember this....u mean tornado wh0re? lololol

anyways check around the artwork emporium thread. Someone there can help im sure

Nike.

Smash Hero
The ROB player who destroyed me on the laggy plasma rechallenged me to a rematch tmrw, since hes certain that it didnt lag and that I just suck.

I MM'ed him and he hasnt replyed. But I WILL be there.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
record it plz
I'll be there to record that MM

The ROB player who destroyed me on the laggy plasma rechallenged me to a rematch tmrw, since hes certain that it didnt lag and that I just suck.

I MM'ed him and he hasnt replyed. But I WILL be there.
Well i kinda feel for him cause that plasma lagged about half a second to a second.....and that in pro gaming is really bad

Since we'll be at Gamelot, then there will be no lag and no johns for losing :)

EDIT: Hey Nike 20, is the MM gonna be best of 3 or what?

Nike.

Smash Hero
lol
im sorry man, but it was
after the match after ours
the owner got too many complaints
and only used it for friendlies.
usually im not a johner
and accept that i lost.
your a pretty good player.
but that plasma was utter bs.
so i will john.

minus well make it a moneymatch on wednesday

----------------- Original Message -----------------
Date: Nov 2, 2008 9:58 PM

Yeah, that TV wasn't laggy, man.

Date: Nov 2, 2008 9:44 PM

are you that rob player?

Date: Nov 2, 2008 6:50 PM

Wednesday, rematch. No johns.
No reply yet, but he read it. So idk. If we do, i'll make it a 3/5

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ok. I need more memory for my camera cause 1GB isnt gonna get all of the Rematch =/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
someone plx bring sc4
Nope.

---

I'll be looking forward to that MM. Both you and Greyfox, Nike, should take your cameras. I'd love to record, but I don't have anything to record with.

Maybe I'll play him in a few friendlies and the like...and stuff.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Nope.

---

I'll be looking forward to that MM. Both you and Greyfox, Nike, should take your cameras. I'd love to record, but I don't have anything to record with.

Maybe I'll play him in a few friendlies and the like...and stuff.
puffball...5$MM 2/3

random characters lol

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'll be there around 2 or so. want to get far in Twilight Princess since I just got it yesterday.

I'll try out the Brawl+ stuff later but I'm really into TP and Rege Brawl more =/

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Hope the full version doesn't include cpu's >_>

What settings are you using Lee?
I also want to know the settings. That gameplay looked fantastic.

Lee, tell me, have you tried Sonic out in these settings?

I'm getting Twilight Princess to borrow from a friend so I can try these hacks after this Saturday, and I want to know the settings so I can check it out for myself.

How do recoveries become affected, or are they affected at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom