• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
It's been two gamefests and still no hacked Wii!

I want to get some real time with it to decide what to do for a tournament.

Oh and Cliff wants me to hold some $1/$2 dollar tournaments and offer a small prize on Wednesdays. His suggestion was a tshirt, and if you wear that T-shirt to the monthlies, you get the venue fee waived.

Any thoughts on this?

Also, Cliff needs to sell his arcade machines before he considers buying new tvs and some consoles. I don't really have any idea who would be interested, but just in case, I'm throwing that out there.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I can hack my wii and bring it....HOWEVER, its gonna be regular brawl just with no tripping and Infinite replay time.

And kyle, whats with the new time change? I was there at 2-3 and he said that he told you to tell everyone that it was from 5-11 now. Either i didn't get that memo from the last one or you just forgot straight out. Nothing against you or anything, I was just lost completely.

Also, about this 1$ tourneys for a T-Shirt is fine, but is it for everyone or just the winners?

One more thing, if I had the money for it, I would buy one of the machines up and make it into a Arcana Heart 2 cabnet. But again i need money and i dont have that :(

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I have brawl+, but I don't know if I want to keep coming to these gamefest. BTW puffball, do you play online? I want to play you more!

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I have Brawl+ as well and I might go to the Gamefests these coming Wednesday, despite the time changes that were made. If Aaron can hold a Smashfest again at his place, I'll bring it there. But it'll be there at Gamelot on the Wednesday's

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
lol true that Suspect. If anything, I'll bring the info for ~replay time and no tripping

For those who DO want to play Brawl+ then I'll try to stay there the whole time. Kyle if you do host a 1$ tourney, make it either Brawl+ or Brawl 1.5 (no tripping and ~replay time)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
It's not so much as that really. Brawl is still Brawl regardless of whats going on.

I think Lee is saying that Brawl+ brings out the better of both Melee and Brawl combined.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still play Brawl 1.5 however i was testing somethings out for Brawl+ and there is a lot of potential in it. It just depends on the community for Brawl

Snake for S-Tier and C.Fal for High :) in Brawl+

PS: Just so everyone knows, Brawl 1.5 is just No Tripping and ~ Replay Time so if people feel the need to save or record a match, there you go....Match's made easy :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Brawl+ is Brawl with combos and people getting punished for being careless...... normal let's me get away with so much stupid stuff. I can't stand the fact that I can live to almost 200 percent with many characters, and with little effort at that with simple DI. Nor can I stand my opponent living that long either.

Things I'm looking forward to in Brawl's future: removing the ledge snap/pause, and DASH DANCING! I want the game to feel more like a sports car rather than driving a bus. That's how clunky Brawl feels to me.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Why did you play USA when World is SOOOOOOOOOOOO much better =/

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Things I'm looking forward to in Brawl's future: removing the ledge snap/pause, and DASH DANCING! I want the game to feel more like a sports car rather than driving a bus. That's how clunky Brawl feels to me.
I like the ledge thing a lot. The edgeguarding in Melee from the perspective of another game is absurd. Several characters are where they are on the tier list not because of their game on the stage but because they have one or two moves that can kill an opponent at a low %. I've never been a huge fan of the **** edgeguarding system in Melee and I like that Brawl allows you to fight far more on the stage.

Also, you can dash dance. You just have to be awesome and fast.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Technically yes, but not in a useful manner because of the limited distance. It doesn't have the same application or rather any application because you're moving almost in place. It doesn't help you to throw off your opponent's spacing, like it's supposed to.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like the ledge thing a lot. The edgeguarding in Melee from the perspective of another game is absurd. Several characters are where they are on the tier list not because of their game on the stage but because they have one or two moves that can kill an opponent at a low %. I've never been a huge fan of the **** edgeguarding system in Melee and I like that Brawl allows you to fight far more on the stage.

This.

Lee, you gotta tell me the settings for that Brawl+ you made. It looked sexy.

Plus, you can still fight off level, it's just that you gotta fight smarter now, whereas in Melee it was as simple as "lol fair ur ded", in Brawl it's become another entire game of options when it comes to edgeguarding. I find it more fun.

Oh, and DMK's comment wins this page.

@K Prime: I used to play online, but I can't anymore. My residence halls don't have Wifi, so I'm stuck for the time being.

Rest assured though, I'm gonna be at the Gamelot Wednesdays, and whenever Gamelot/Wootz has a tournament.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Technically yes, but not in a useful manner because of the limited distance. It doesn't have the same application or rather any application because you're moving almost in place. It doesn't help you to throw off your opponent's spacing, like it's supposed to.
Ah, the ignorance :).

You CAN Dashdance in brawl. Usefully. You just have to be awesome and fast. You DD with an application of small and true pivots. It's just harder so people don't do it. Watch me play marth and you will understand >_>.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol it's almost as if KM wants to have Brawl become Melee, and imma quote Suspect that if you want melee tactics go to melee. I'll even quote myself and say that Brawl is Brawl and nothing more...there's no way to change the mechanics to the way Melee is.

DD is exactly how Hylian puts it.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Lol it's almost as if KM wants to have Brawl become Melee, and imma quote Suspect that if you want melee tactics go to melee. I'll even quote myself and say that Brawl is Brawl and nothing more...there's no way to change the mechanics to the way Melee is.

DD is exactly how Hylian puts it.
:)

i just started DD with ivysaur and it's sexy, not as sexy as my squirtle tho

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
So boring here right now.

Anyone doing anything smash related?

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Anyone doing anything tomorrow cause i wanna do Brawl 1.5 with someone :)

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Just to inform everyone...(not understanding the issue why i am doing this so late....)

but this week's smashfest @ gamelot has been Cancelled. Main Reason: It's the wednesday before the tournament.

Anywho, please don't bash either myself or cliff on this one. He's the owner of the store...AND he has final say. If you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Thanks

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
NEW PLACE TO SMASH!

****, that's kind of unexpected from Gamelot to do that, but I understand with the tourney of his coming and yes it is his rules and his store.

Just gotta have a new place to play that's all

@Suspect: I'm up for anything today once we find a place to chill at. Any suggestions?

@The Chicken: Hey i would like to play against your General Amy again. Too much fun last time :)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
i dont think anyone did except zahia (spelling) cuz he brought his gurl and who ever that lucas player touched (she was a chick) lol

that night tho suspect had fun, many chicks felt my blessing
:)

Kal

Smash Champion

First of all, in Melee, you fight on the stage plenty. It's not as if you're required to fight by the edge. The thing is that your goal is always to knock a player off the stage, so combos always lead towards the edge; it's not beneficial to the player comboing to combo towards the edge, then combo back into the stage.

The edge-guarding in Melee makes sense; the objective of the game is to knock a player off the stage. Also, Marth is the only character for whom you could argue his tier placing is based around his ability to edge-guard; Sheik, Falco, Fox, C. Falcon and Peach have their placings due to overall solidity, and not just edge-guarding. In fact, some characters with very good edge-guarding are still terrible, such as Roy and Bowser, and others are just ok, such as Ganondorf. Your point really doesn't seem based on any facts, Lee.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
I played Bluezaft in melee today. Five and a half hours of just constant gimping each other does kinda get old sometimes... We had multiple games that would end 1 stock to 0 yet neither of our peak damages would be over 100 lol.

I don't like Brawl's "you can always recover no matter what" edge game all that much either but a happy medium between the two would be fun IMO. I mean melee's edge-game favors the edge-guarder too much while Brawl's favors the person recovering (at least generally with exceptions depending on characters). If they could fix it so the options were a little more balanced (I'd prefer the edge-guarder to have an advantage simply because they got their opponent off the stage but I don't want the person recovering to be hopeless either) that would be cool.

Kal

Smash Champion
Not to be disrespectful, but if there was a Marth involved, you shouldn't be surprised that there was a lot of gimping.

Match-ups involving just about everyone but Marth aren't that gimp heavy.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Not to be disrespectful, but if there was a Marth involved, you shouldn't be surprised that there was a lot of gimping.

Match-ups involving just about everyone but Marth aren't that gimp heavy.
There were space animals and Sheik involved too. Not with as much gimping as Marth games (especially dittos) but there was still plenty.

Kal

Smash Champion
Of course there's some gimping. But was it really "just constant gimping" in anything not involving Marth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom