• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well hope to see you guys and the mystery man tomorrow.

I'll bring Brawl 1.5 and Brawl+ for after tourney fun :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Corneria is not banned. I just forgot to update that.

All rules will be reviewed at the tournament.

CALL ME IF YOU'RE RUNNING LATE!

210-723-5386

Dr Mario Kart

Smash Apprentice
1. Sethlon
2. Puffball
3. Pozerwolf
4. Dr Mario Kart

39 entrants

Teams:
1. Dr Mario Kart and Puffball
2. Sethlon and ?

6 entrants

My reign of terror is over

On the bright side, we've learned of the healthy goodness of some Green Greens.

Its chocked full of like...antioxidants.

Geoberos

Alicorn or not, my mane mare, my unicorn, Twilight
NNID
Geoberos
Looks like I missed something big in the end from being forced to leave before the end of the singles. -_- As for doubles, it appears last month's top two went to take out this year's first.

Reign of terror over? Still quite fearsome. I'm still shaking from my first stock on FD against you.
~Geoberos

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
SUM UP!

This tourny was to good and to fun. Except the first match i lost because of wii johns, but my fault for not telling kyle until after, but i saved morningstar and ethan from it :)

I wonder if that one ness guy is on here? this was his first tourny and i befriended him...never got his name but his user was....Knoverosol'akf;KJBFjksF sfn. Idk.

I feel bad about what happen to ZSDK, seriously

Me and morningstar took 3rd in teams and won 12$ :) Teams were good matches tho

SHOUTOUTS!

Sethlon: Thanks for ****** my kirby in those friendlies, and good job at winning. That one brick kill i got on you during the teams match was to good lol
Espy: Good job taking 2nd and Winning teams with DMK
Morningstar- We represented our crew today even tho ethan slacked lol
Greyfox- i really appreciate that ride at the last minute, sucks we had to play each other
Kyle- Thanks for delaying for me

Now i cant wait till the next tourny *cough*META BAN*cough* but i hope it is not on my birthday Dec 20th >_>

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol I honestly wasn't expecting Sethlon to be there but we all had tons of fun :)

Time for SHOUT-OUTS:

Suspect: Hey no problem man. Us brotha's gotta stick together in these changing times
MorningStar: your getting far better than I expected. You beat puff at least once :)
Zaiah: **** man another good show from you for your 2nd appearance.
JUJ: Hey good job in the tourney. You only lost to the ones who made top 4 :)
Sethlon: It was an Honor having you come down to our tourney like that. I'm actually glad it was you and not Dojo and Santi (no offense to San Ang >.>;;)
Pozer: Still one of the most intense Snakes in TX. I LOL'd when you said that you didn't play to that one no name
DMK: You finally got beat. But dont sweat it. Your still a really good player :)
Espy: Great job beating DMK and making it to the Grand Finals 3 straight times. Your Sonic deserves 10 Steaks :)
KM the Host: A really well ran tourney today, except for the ZSDK event. That was kinda messed up =/. But I'm sure there's a reason for that.

Too all else who were there and wasn't mentioned, I either forgot you were or i didn't have enough detail to put anything down for you (Kprime, ZSDK, and GeoBeros are one of them)

I had a lot of fun today and just had a freak'n blast

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You know, there IS a tournament thread for shoutouts...

lulz. I'll make shoutouts tonight.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
ZSDK wasn't in the brackets after the tourney started so he left with a full refund. Complements to KM for the confusion. >.>;;

Nike.

Smash Hero
Lol. Sorry i did forget those guys on accident cause i hardly ever see them as much but I actually see that 10 list really good.

Though I'm not good enough to be up there myself, I wouldn't have put it any better myself. Though I honestly think Nike 20 is higher than Toxic but I can't remember who he plays =/

And to save myself the trouble, Lightmare isn't all that good IMO. That one victory over Slim kinda threw me off cause I was like 'Slim is much better than that'. Also Zaiah is in prospection to be joining our crew.

EDIT: My Re-Done version of a top 10 for SA^2

1. Dojo
2. Santi
3. Espy
4. Cake
5. K Prime
6. ZSDK
7. Zaiah
8. MorningStar
9. Slim
10. Nike 20

Lol I doubt this will be official but this is quite fun to do :)
Greyfox, you have a crew?? And would you change anything about the power rankings after this weekends tourny? I played once in the past month but im gonna back into it.

*troll*

hahaha
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T22unETejo4

Final Smash 5 will be January, so that should give everyone enough time to take off and be ready n stuff.

And it'll be two days if Cliff lets me.
My birfdayy is on Jan11. You should make the tourny the 10/11. I can house plenty of ppl too.

It's a ways off, but please consider coming to my waco tournament on December 20th, We'll be doing singles and crews, and will have people coming in from Dallas, Austin, Houston, College Station, San Antonio, and maybe even El Paso and more.

smashboards link: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159803
AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3515
This guy keeps sending this to every texas thread. If what hes saying about san antonio is true, then who is it thats going?

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
yes it will be metabanned for december's monthly. :)

I'm working on the final project and decide on what games will be fetaured @ this tournament. I'm working on the project schedule. Remember, we're going to be in cahoots w/ Houston until SA has it's own Chapter for NVGA, until then...play nice children.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
yes it will be metabanned for december's monthly. :)

I'm working on the final project and decide on what games will be fetaured @ this tournament. I'm working on the project schedule. Remember, we're going to be in cahoots w/ Houston until SA has it's own Chapter for NVGA, until then...play nice children.
Have a smash 64 tourny :) singles and double

and brawl doubles also :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Greyfox, you have a crew?? And would you change anything about the power rankings after this weekends tourny? I played once in the past month but im gonna back into it.
Yes sir, I represent RnJ. San Antonio's best GNT4 Crew

As of now, only JUJ, and myself are the only RnJ members that compete still.

And to answer your question, yea i could. It might be a month to month bases. And to top it off, I might consider not adding San Ang in this cause they honestly will always be on top. If anything there could be 2 list for SA^2 and San An.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Yes sir, I represent RnJ. San Antonio's best GNT4 Crew

As of now, only JUJ, and myself are the only RnJ members that compete still.

And to answer your question, yea i could. It might be a month to month bases. And to top it off, I might consider not adding San Ang in this cause they honestly will always be on top. If anything there could be 2 list for SA^2 and San An.
go for it :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Okay, I'm gonna try this top 10 for San An without San Ang and only because since the last time they played (which was HOBO 11/12 I believe), Dojo and Santi both have placed very high and very well.

Okay, so here is the list that was compiled before (with San Ang):

1. Dojo
2. Santi
3. Espy
4. Cake
5. K Prime
6. ZSDK
7. Zaiah
8. MorningStar
9. Slim
10. Nike 20

After the tourney this time around, here's San An's Ranking:

1. Espy
2. Zaiah
3. K-Prime
4. MorningStar
5. ZSDK
6. Slim
7. Nike 20
8. JUJ
9. Suspect
10. Ethan/GreyFox

That is just for San An only so far. The last spot kinda varies depending on how you see it really.

The only reason players like Slim, Nike 20, ZSDK, and MorningStar are placed the way they are, is cause they are more likely to beat who ever is below them. I'm trying not to put personal thoughts into this.

If you think its off for any reason just let me know, and remember that this will change after every tourney.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
slim and nike20 were not even at the the tourny, and slim is starting to get a lil over rated imo
ZSDK was not there but that is not his fault but we all know how good he is anyways.

Ethan beats Nike20 from what i have heard. ZSDK is better than k prime, k prime did send morningstar to the losers so i guess that is acceptable. JuJ beat me in the last tourny *mk johns* >_> so he is fine ahead of me. Ive beaten ZSDK before a few times, but he has beatin me the same.

here's mine :)

!. Espy
2. Zaiah
3.ZSDK
4. K prime
5. Morningstar
6. JUJ
7. Suspect
8. BAD -Zaiahs friend
9. Ethan
10. Greyfox

sorry but if you dont show up to tournies and/or have not been heard from in a while in the smash scene you really can't get put on >_>

ROFL we could just take all of SA and put them into a tier list lol

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well I'm not going off of just last tourney but all the past tourneys combined so far. Then have it grow after words. True that Slim and Nike 20 haven't made an appearance in the last 2 months, but you can't rule them out. Before they stopped coming, they were still one of the best in SA. That's why i left them in there. As far as ZSDK and K Prime, I can't remember who got higher at Wootz, I'm not sure. They both can break even or be at a 45-55 on either side. It's really hard to tell with those two.

Also there's no point putting in personal feelings in a top ten cause that would just make you bias against or for a player. To be real about this, if Slim and Nike 20 do come back and play again next month, they will place just as high as they did the previous tourneys that they've been too. Just cause they don't show up, doesn't mean that can just be ruled out.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
No personal feelings was in it. If espy stopped going to tournies eventually he would go down or be off the list >_>

ZSDK did better than k prime at wootz, i dont think k prime can beat his diddy.

Until we see players like slim, nike20 and toxik come back and play and stuff then i don't see them on that list especially with all the people playing now and all the good people that are starting to show up.

I still think slim is over rated

P.S Watch out for Zaiah, looks like he might be trying to start a crew....

BUT IT WONT HAVE NOTHIN ON REGGIE KUSH! lol

Nike.

Smash Hero
Suspect is right about Slim. And he would know since he still plays him occasionally.

I missed one tourny lol.

I have NO idea who Zaiah is. And ive yet to play JUJ and K Prime. I need some practice against those guys :D

Ethan doesnt get enough respect. Im suprised he hasnt placed as high as Morningstar. He won most of our friendlies, but they were all on a laggy plasma. We gotta play again soon!

Ppl, I wanna play today when i get home around 3:30. Cant have it at my house, but i'll go anywhere else.

ZSdK

Smash Cadet
I beat zaiah to get in losers finals at wootz. also i played espy in some friendlies at gamelot and we looked kinda even with my luigi and diddy even though they were just friendlies and he beat me both times lol.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
ZSdk, please remind me that at the next monthly tournament I'll waive your venue fee to make it up to you for leaving your name out of the bracket. I'm disappointed that my tournament had to be marred by these sort of things.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Suspect is right about Slim. And he would know since he still plays him occasionally.

I missed one tourny lol.

I have NO idea who Zaiah is. And ive yet to play JUJ and K Prime. I need some practice against those guys :D

Ethan doesnt get enough respect. Im suprised he hasnt placed as high as Morningstar. He won most of our friendlies, but they were all on a laggy plasma. We gotta play again soon!

Ppl, I wanna play today when i get home around 3:30. Cant have it at my house, but i'll go anywhere else.
You can prolly come over my place and play, ill see what's up

and ethan doesnt get enough respect but i think he has been slacking lately, he needs to stop with that yoshi lol

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799

I missed one tourny lol.

I guess so. He did miss the last 3 tourneys after all.
Zaiah went to the Wootz tourney (the one you went on your trip) and this tourney. Placed 4th at Wootz and Tied for 5th at this past one.
I myself have no comment on Ethan and only cause I get beat by silly stuff in friendlies. Attitudes and play styles change during tourney play. Also laggy TVs sort of don't count unless both opponents play on laggy TVs >.>;;. So the positioning of Ethan is in question for me. =/

I beat zaiah to get in losers finals at wootz. also i played espy in some friendlies at gamelot and we looked kinda even with my luigi and diddy even though they were just friendlies and he beat me both times lol.
Yea I thought about that after I posted the top 10 the second time. But I'll get that fixed asap.

If taken into account what Suspect says about Slim is true then there should be no problem leaving him out until he places somewhere in the future. (or just decides to show up)
Also the Ethan and ZSdK issue isn't hard to work around.

Ok for the 3rd time (and hopefully last time before the next tourney) here is the top 10

1. Espy
2. ZSdK
3. Zaiah
4. MorningStar
5. K-Prime
6. Ethan
7. Nike 20
8. JUJ
9. Suspect
10. GreyFox

Other good players who aren't ranked
Geoberos
Toxic (I don't know who he plays or when the last tourney was so I cant give him a reasonable placing)
T-REX!

There's still room for doubt about this but just post your opinions on weither or not you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom