• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
I'm actually pretty good vs MK and gay and watch. It's D3 that kills me. And he's got a pretty good Diddy which he used at HOBO 11. And that's one of my worst matchups...I'm glad we won't have to worry about DMK though :D
Don't bet on that. DMK may main MK but I've seen his "experimental" Marth and its almost as good as his Meta. When he does come down for GM4, he's gonna go Marth.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
LOL! If only spam was his best tool then we would all win against him.

Why do you think Hylian roots for him? He is nothing short of good. It just so happens that sonic doesn't have alot of options against the tornado and DMK abuses that weakness.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Go this week so i can finally remember who you are >.<

And **** Chicken, wheres Kyle in all this? Did he just die or what?
About that new Gamelot Monthly 4 thread.....

Ummmm.... this was put up without my knowledge...... not what I had in mind, especially since half of the Marvel players have to travel. They advised against holding a December tournament at all.

Although if we stick with this, I wouldn't mind having a nice and simple Melee tournament on December 20th

In truth, Cliff just suggested me and Chickenwing do different games at different days, at least for now and January (because of Final Smash 5 being Smash only). My plan was to announce Brawl and Melee for December 20th. It will be after finals, people that live in SA will be back for the holidays (hey maybe Trail, aka the IC's player from Chicago can join us), and there's more time for people to make plans. 3 weeks like this and it will be a small turnout like Gamelot Monthly 2.

I've been busy all day, but I will discuss everything this Wednesday, so I want everyone in SA to be there so I can have an open discussion about the future of the Gamelot tournaments (no, I'm not retiring or anything, I just need input).

See ya'll Wednesday.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Well it looks like going on Wednesday is worth the trip after all. See ya there Kyle

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
How depressing.
Oh well.

I should be there on Wednesday, if anything else, to discuss the tournament issue things. It sounds pretty cool.

**** fighting game genre...pumping out tournaments and tournaments and even more tournaments.

I'll play them, but I'm sticking to Brawl.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Guilty Gear is ok, though its nothing compared to Arcana Heart ;)

But I'll continue to play Brawl, and pick up Arcana Heart 2, BlazBlue, TvC, and Melty Blood Actress Again

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
LOL I can't remember who I used, but Its such a darn good game :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Hmm. You sir, bring up an interesting point. Sub-Zero and Batman the whole way :)

Nike.

Smash Hero
My mommy gave me money for churches chick yesterday. We love chicken. And I only spent half the money. So now I have $20 and will be doing melee money matches tmrw. Not brawl, cuz I will get *****.

And i just ate about 20 sweet tart candy things. Im going to be up all night now. Sugar is the best :D

I love you all.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
My mommy gave me money for churches chick yesterday. We love chicken. And I only spent half the money. So now I have $20 and will be doing melee money matches tmrw. Not brawl, cuz I will get *****.

And i just ate about 20 sweet tart candy things. Im going to be up all night now. Sugar is the best :D

I love you all.
Wondering if people ever called you weird before o.o

But you have a good all nighter. I'll be sleeping then working then the weeklies

What time will it be by the way?

Nike.

Smash Hero
Ppl call me beautiful :D

Whoops, did I say sweet tarts? I meant "smarties", that sugar candy that you unravel. Yep, working on 30 right now. And I Just took a sip of pepsi and I cant taste the sweetness at all.

Ive been smashing with my gay friend cody the past couple days. I ***** him hardcoreeee.

And his pika is getting better.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Ppl call me beautiful :D

Whoops, did I say sweet tarts? I meant "smarties", that sugar candy that you unravel. Yep, working on 30 right now. And I Just took a sip of pepsi and I cant taste the sweetness at all.

Ive been smashing with my gay friend cody the past couple days. I ***** him hardcoreeee.

And his pika is getting better.
Well maybe if you stop ****** gay friends, you would be able to taste the sugar in your pepsi

Nike.

Smash Hero
Well TECHNICALLY, it wasnt in the same sentence. So ha! And I just read the label on the side:

Serving size: 1 roll
Servings per container: 60

Guys, the bag is almost empty D:

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Lol, Hey I like the MK series. Just that they never made any sence.

I'm a fan of Sub-Zero and Batman so yea. Anyways is TvC gonna be Ps2 or 3?

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
TvC on the wii only is a horrible decision.

That's the problem with today's fighting games.

The Wii is too casual a market for fighting games outside of Brawl, the Xbox 360 just isn't designed for fighting games, and the PS3 has too little of an install base to allow for big sales, plus it's difficult to develop for.

In the last generation, PS2 was hands down the best system to put a fighting game on. Now without a good system that has the lead, fighting games are having a tough time establishing a community.

I only hope that I can afford a controller converter for the 360 so that I can get started day 1 on Street Fighter 4 with a PS2 controller/stick. They cost like 80 bucks.

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
PS3: Fighting Games and RPG's

360: Shooters and maybe RPG's

Wii: Family and nerd games (.....and smash....)

Learn it...live it....and love it :)

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
In all actuality, the Wii needs atleast ONE fighting game on its system. Same with the X360 and Ps3.

Plus the game looks really really good. Though it really gives off the vibe of the VF series. Ryu/Chun-Li combo looks sexy and only cause I love Chun-Li :)

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

That's the problem with today's fighting games.

The Wii is too casual a market for fighting games outside of Brawl, the Xbox 360 just isn't designed for fighting games, and the PS3 has too little of an install base to allow for big sales, plus it's difficult to develop for.

In the last generation, PS2 was hands down the best system to put a fighting game on. Now without a good system that has the lead, fighting games are having a tough time establishing a community.

I only hope that I can afford a controller converter for the 360 so that I can get started day 1 on Street Fighter 4 with a PS2 controller/stick. They cost like 80 bucks.
You have to remember that the Wii is leading the consol war by a longshot :).

More potiential buyers ftw? It also gives some people reasons to get wii's and is a good step towards more mature games on the nintendo systems.

This is great :).

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You have to remember that the Wii is leading the consol war by a longshot :).

More potiential buyers ftw? It also gives some people reasons to get wii's and is a good step towards more mature games on the nintendo systems.

This is great :).
This, and not because it's Hylian, but because it's right.

Anyone who thinks the Wii is losing the wars is in complete denial.

BTW: I'm NOT coming to Gamelot tonight.

Sonic Unleashed got released on the Wii today, and there's NO WAY IN HELL you are getting me to change my mind on buying it, going home, and playing all night.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
This, and not because it's Hylian, but because it's right.

Anyone who thinks the Wii is losing the wars is in complete denial.

BTW: I'm NOT coming to Gamelot tonight.

Sonic Unleashed got released on the Wii today, and there's NO WAY IN HELL you are getting me to change my mind on buying it, going home, and playing all night.
Let me know how that goes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom