• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The San Antonio Brawl Thread: Steakfest 3, 7/31, see 1st post, new annoucements!

What night would you like Gamelot's weekly gaming fests to be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
I might not go, if I do I probably need a ride home, and I only live like 5 streets away.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Im going with a tv and melee in half an hour. I cant find my friend mikey. He has the wii, another tv, and a 2gig sd card for my camera. I only have 30 minutes of memory instead of half an hour D: He might show up sometime during the day though.

Oh, and i tried getting 4 other ppl to go and they seemed interested.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Im going with a tv and melee in half an hour. I cant find my friend mikey. He has the wii, another tv, and a 2gig sd card for my camera. I only have 30 minutes of memory instead of half an hour D: He might show up sometime during the day though.

30 minutes is half an hour lol

ill have my wii but only cuz greyfox needs to install homebrew to it

I mean we can play smash on it but i don't have wolf unlocked yet (and don't plan on trying anytime soon) :)

ZSdK

Smash Cadet

If you can record some brawl matches, I'd be happy to loan you my sd card, just give it back real soon at the next smashfest or tourney.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
Wolf isn't that hard to get. I'll even get him for you if you need me to. :)

@ZSdK: Hey, you going tonight? I want to get in some matches with you. :)

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Oh my 2gig sd will be there and so will a capture card but i doubt anyone will have there laptop with them or a program to run it

im not bringing my laptop....piece of **** laptop

ZSdK

Smash Cadet
GGs today guys. Greyfox thanks for putting the homebrew channel on my wii. I played a few rounds of melee with nike 20 but i suck :[. I have no tech skill lol. I really want to get good at melee, such a great game.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
GGs today guys. Greyfox thanks for putting the homebrew channel on my wii. I played a few rounds of melee with nike 20 but i suck :[. I have no tech skill lol. I really want to get good at melee, such a great game.
Hey man, no problem. Next time we gotta play some more and this time 1v1. :)
Good job in teams man. Me and Zaiah running Sonic and Mario LOL too good.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Let me know how that goes ;)
It was wonderful. I'd play it longer, but I gotta go to sleep for school early in the morrow, and I don't want to beat it all in one night.

I really could.

The running levels are so **** fast.
And the night levels are so strange, but acceptable.

Then again, I could harshly criticize it if I threw my fanboyism aside.
Adding in the fanboy in me, I'd say this game was fantastic. Didn't quite hit my expectations, but it's still something I'm loving to play.

I can't wait to get out of work to play it tomorrow.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
His games are horrible now, can't help it

I still love sonic tho but his games now are garbage but still better than the mario games

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
ZS, what you do is get a DreamCast and get Sonic Adventure 2 and play that :)
It's so much better than the DX version :D

One more thing before I leave for the night. This week's smashfest was weak but fun somehow. Teams is something I will work on over time :)

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
His games are horrible now, can't help it

I still love sonic tho but his games now are garbage but still better than the mario games
I want you to say that to the handheld series post-GBA.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
his game are horrible NOW

the genesis, gamegear, and dreamcast games were good, hell even the neo-geo sonic had me addicted.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
his game are horrible NOW

the genesis, gamegear, and dreamcast games were good, hell even the neo-geo sonic had me addicted.
You didn't hear me right, did you?
POST-GBA.

Sonic Advanced 1-3, Sonic Rush 1-2, Sonic Pinball Party, Sonic Battle, and Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.

All FANTASTIC games, and most, if not all, made AFTER Sonic Heroes, which could be agreed to be the "falling point" of Sonic games.

The only POST-GBA Sonic game to suck was Sonic the Hedgehog: Genesis, which was a HORRENDOUS port of Sonic 1 to the GBA.

HORRENDOUS.

-----

ZSDK/Suspect: Don't get me started on Sonic the Hedgehog.

Kyle's heard enough about it in real life to hear it again through Smashboards.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Sonic Heros failed so hard. Such a bad game >_<.

SA2B was AMAZING though. Probably my favorite sonic game if I can get over the Nostalgia when I play the old ones >_>.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Sonic rush 2? lol why make a sequel to a crappy game in the first place, Sonic Chronicles is not good, over rated imo and i like rpg's >_>

I rather play mario and sonic at the olympics instead of Rush

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Sonic rush 2? lol why make a sequel to a crappy game in the first place, Sonic Chronicles is not good, over rated imo and i like rpg's >_>

I rather play mario and sonic at the olympics instead of Rush
All belief that I had in your perspective of the Platforming Genre has vanished.
You, good sir, have no concept of platform video-gaming.

As an RPG, definately, Sonic Chronicles wasn't fantastic, but it was still acceptable, and used a new style of RPG gameplay foreign to the series. However, it still managed to pull through.

I don't know why you'd play it just for it being an RPG, and you're quite foolish for doing so.

Now go off and play your little spinoff Capcom vs. series. It'll give you something to do while waiting for SF4, and not practicing Smash Bros.

There's also SC4 and TS if you get bored of that, and GG, although anyone could pick that up easily.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
All belief that I had in your perspective of the Platforming Genre has vanished.
You, good sir, have no concept of platform video-gaming.

As an RPG, definately, Sonic Chronicles wasn't fantastic, but it was still acceptable, and used a new style of RPG gameplay foreign to the series. However, it still managed to pull through.

I don't know why you'd play it just for it being an RPG, and you're quite foolish for doing so.

Now go off and play your little spinoff Capcom vs. series. It'll give you something to do while waiting for SF4, and not practicing Smash Bros.

There's also SC4 and TS if you get bored of that, and GG, although anyone could pick that up easily.
I never played it for being a Rpg, as a matter of fact i've never played it at all

My favorite games are actually the good rpg's like some final fantasies, star ocean, tales series and some action games like resident evil, and devil may cry. I play alot of games tho, fighting games i actually rarely play compared to others. I don't even like SF4, SC4 and TS lol

It's not lke im trying to bash sonic, all im saying is the team behind making his games suck now

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I never played it for being a Rpg, as a matter of fact i've never played it at all
That only makes your claim twice as ridiculous.

It's not lke im trying to bash sonic, all im saying is the team behind making his games suck now
I do admit Sonic Team has been on the downside recently, and the games qualities are more-or-less the same as they were back when Sonic Heroes was released (I thought it was a moderately well game, that was executed with several conceptual issues that made it "bad").

In reality, Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Nex-Gen were the monstrosities that made Sonic what he is today.

Sonic handhelds post-GBA have always been good, and *gasp* playable by most people's standards, and with Sonic Unleashed being the way it is (so far, but remember, I'm moderately biased), Sonic Team looks like they've been turned the right way.

They just need to get rid of the "Sonic Gameplay + Strange Gimmick" strategy they've started up.

Chronicles = Sonic + RPG
Unleashed = Sonic + Werehog (Slow Platforming)
& the Black Knight = Sonic + Swordplay (???)

What Sonic Unleashed's daytime levels are...I just want a game of those. A game of those, with no slow roaming, no nothing, except cutscenes inbetween the bosses and some levels.

That alone'd be worthy of a game.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
lol you even told me that Sonic chronicles was broken. I don't need to play a game to know about it really, people feed off hype, reviews, watch video footage and word of mouth

Not a bad game but not a good game, average at that.

fsdfsdgsgdf

Smash Champion
Another reason why I don't really care for Brawl. Sonic would probably be much better in Melee with dash dancing and such.

However Snake is win. I would probably not touch Brawl at all if it wasn't for him.
You can dash dance in brawl, read greyfox's sig

WTF? i hate snake, megaman or bomberman should of took his place

chickenwing2k2

Smash Apprentice
Stupid question: When is Final Smash 5 going to take place....? I already got tournaments trying to set up a schedule for Janurary, and FS5 isn't in the picture...

*looks@ Kyle*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom