• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the samus' place on the new tier list

SaiX

Smash Apprentice
do you agree with the samus' place?

NEW TIER:

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63

OLD TIER:

Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High

Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle

Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low

Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon

She has improved 1 position

comment

Hive

Smash Lord
I agree as well... I think she will probably end up low (f) tier... I don't see her escaping that by much T.T
I'm surprised Pokemon trainer is so low though.... :p

Tudor

Smash Journeyman
I agree too, but that doesn't affect where we place on the tier list with our skill! For example:

Rohins
Xyro
Chair
Tudor & Trash (tied)

Sigh, stupid tier lists =(

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Too true, Rohins beat my Metaknight in a ladder set today.

but what is ... Chair?

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
Chair is an advanced aerial tech. Chase air if you will.
Not to be confused with the other AT, CHair, which stands for an aerial critical hit.

(Marth has the best CHair in the game)

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I agree too, but that doesn't affect where we place on the tier list with our skill! For example:

Rohins
Xyro
Chair
Tudor & Trash (tied)

i like this list!!!!!

Ravin

Smash Lord
list looks better. I dont mind if Samus is so low. Shes better then what they say, but if it keeps people off her to enhance my bragging rights.

**** yeah seaking. -Throws pokeaball-

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
im glad she is where she is at on the tier list. it just hurts that much more to be beaten by her.

Xyro77

SHes still so low cause you cants wont go out there and rep her. me and tudor and hive are the only ones. PLZ GUYS!

tha_carter

Smash Ace
There are plenty of people repping Samus.
And as far as the 2k9 rankings go; Chaos is the only person that got samus any points...

just saying.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
I think he's talking about the character ranking thing where characters get points if they place top 8 (is it 8?)

Xyro77

yes you do. im sorry i forgot you. it just maks me sad she climbed ONE spot after all we have done in 2008.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Yup Rohins; and yes its 8. And by that; she wasnt really proven to be very tourney viable.

Id think that list means more than beating up some scrubs and making combo vids; like most of the noteworthy Samus' do. =\

I was pretty surprised we made it above sonic/PT.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Yup Rohins; and yes its 8. And by that; she wasnt really proven to be very tourney viable.

Id think that list means more than beating up some scrubs and making combo vids; like most of the noteworthy Samus' do. =\

i was thinking the same exact thing. i just have trouble accepting the fact that pt is soo low. i guess thats what pokemon red/blue through diamond/pearl do to me =)

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins

I posted my results in that thing last year. I need to go to more tournaments but I've been too busy. I doubt I could place well at a national tournament though, I'm not good enough with her.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
^Wrong. =P
Samus is a lot more beastly than people know. Tha_Carter is a Samus beast.
Ridiculous! He took a game from ANTHER and myself at OiN4 >.<
And Rohins, do you have a secondary? I think with a good secondary; samus can do veyr well.

LOL @ Crews; Brawl shafted PT from the get-go. His pokemon could have been SO much better. I mean, we ALL know the rare candy cheat.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
YAY I HELPED.that has been my goal for a long time.MISSION COMPREEE and guys we just need to keep doing what we're doing and samus will get higher samus is better than Ness, Lucas, and Mario in my strong opinion ive played many of those 3 there pretty easy.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
YAY I HELPED.that has been my goal for a long time.MISSION COMPREEE and guys we just need to keep doing what we're doing and samus will get higher samus is better than Ness, Lucas, and Mario in my strong opinion ive played many of those 3 there pretty easy.
idk, imo, ness is the best out of those listed above (with the exclusion of our metroid mama). i could foresee him rising...... actually quite farther than the rest of them. idk, i guess i just see some untapped potential with ness. *hmmm, perhaps a new secondary?*

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Ness can be great I know this I've played a few but none of them really could beat me much.Such as NoNNP aka NessFTW,Smash64, and Ness Success they are the best you'll find on wifi; played one at the tourny beat em so bad he tried marth next. besides Ness gets infinited by a lot of people or is it just marth and PT? In any case any char can do great just I think Mario Ness and lucas have more holding them back than Samus.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Ness can be great I know this I've played a few but none of them really could beat me much.Such as NoNNP aka NessFTW,Smash64, and Ness Success they are the best you'll find on wifi; played one at the tourny beat em so bad he tried marth next. besides Ness gets infinited by a lot of people or is it just marth and PT? In any case any char can do great just I think Mario Ness and lucas have more holding them back than Samus.
My brother beat NoNessNoProblem. It was on Wi-Fi, so big deal, I guess. Anyway, have you brawled with Earthbound360? Ness_success is full of it, though. He bragged about how he beat NoNessNoProblem, but my brother and someone named Orion made fun of him by saying, "Yeah, on Wi-Fi."

Anyway, I guess Samus is still in garbage-tier, hence the letter "G."

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
ehh, i see what your saying

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
do you agree with the samus' place?

NEW TIER:

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00

S Tier
Snake 13.91

A Tier
Falco 13.03
King Dedede 12.94
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50
Marth 12.09
Diddy Kong 11.94

B Tier
Wario 11.47
R.O.B. 11.38
Lucario 10.94
Olimar 10.94

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34
Kirby 10.16
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88
Toon Link 8.47
Pit 8.44
Peach 8.16
Wolf 7.91

E Tier
Luigi 7.41
Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44
Ike 5.91

F Tier
Mario 4.56
Lucas 4.50
Ness 4.50
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16
Pokémon Trainer 3.94
Yoshi 3.66

G Tier
Link 2.28
Jigglypuff 2.03
Ganondorf 1.88
Captain Falcon 1.63
comment
it just may be me, but i really dont like the new tier list. im mean is there really a need for 9 different groups of characters. i may just be old fashoned, but i like the good old top, high, middle, low, and bottom tier list. it makes me feel like there is a SERIOUS gap between the higher and lower tier characters. when brawl came out, i truly believed that all of the characters could at least "compete" with each other, but when i look at this list with its large variety of tiers, im kinda loosing hope in the lower tiers......idk, just me ranting i guess ha.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
G is for God Dryn, dont forget it :O
That's right, I forgot. Samus lands in "F," which stands for "Fail."

And the joke about Meta Knight having his own tier seems to have come true. What is it again, SS? Does that stand for "Secret Service"?

Xyro77

Rohins
Xyro
Chair
Tudor & Trash (tied)

wifi does not count and will never count.

ness if much better than samus. his OOS options are better than samus and his fair is hardcore disjointed so it will hit u in way it isnt suposed to.

lucas and ness and mario should make i out of low tier one day. samus might too. but we need more people than me and tudor reping her.

KingChaos

Smash Journeyman
Fought an supposedly great Ness offline I wooped him didn't see the difference between what ness does offline and what he does online I mean seriously jump on pkt=death lol...Also Dryn I played your bro's Ness he is pretty good but not in my top for Ness'.I contacted NoNNP to help your bro not destroy him.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Chaos took her to a tournament. Hive reps Samus. n00b went to a couple tournaments recently too. What's proper repping, national tournament?

Xyro77

Fought an supposedly great Ness offline I wooped him didn't see the difference between what ness does offline and what he does online I mean seriously jump on pkt=death lol...Also Dryn I played your bro's Ness he is pretty good but not in my top for Ness'.I contacted NoNNP to help your bro not destroy him.
as i said. you couldnt be fighting good ones if your WOOPING them. A good ness will kick ***.

Chaos took her to a tournament. Hive reps Samus. n00b went to a couple tournaments recently too. What's proper repping, national tournament?
Hive and noob are in clali. im in tx. chaos did one event. you have done one event.

when i said rep i meant like we ALL go out consistantly and place decent(im not asking for top 4....even though it would be nice).

and when it comes to national tournies for brawl. ive only been to 1....my tournament, HOBO 11. if you count WCSL, then ive been to 2. and if u count SiN, then it will be three.

Top Bottom