• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

aroperdope

Smash Cadet
Good, that's good! Well, first off, I've had trouble on the final two bosses of Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.
If you have ever played the game on hard mode, and have some pointers, I would be very grateful.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think Dryn and I are the only big Metroid nerds here. Everybody else just plays a bad character.

@arope
Emperor Ing - Always keep at least 30 missiles to spare, for beam combos. Super Missiles'll mess him up in most of his forms(aim wisely, though), while the Dark/Light ones are good for killing the tiny enemies he sends out(final form especially/only, I think) when you're running low on ammo, thus producing more ammo. I suggest you don't use the Dark Beam at all, as it's too slow to hit him most of the time. Get as many expansions as you can so you can spam the crap out the Annihilator. Lastly, keep moving. Damage racks up hella fast, try to be constantly moving since he'll get as close as he can most of the time.

Dark Samus - Easier fight, just don't worry about the time limit. Her attacks shouldn't be that hard to predict during her first phase. Feel free to lay out whatever ammo you have left on her, since you won't be needing it to finish her. Once she covers herself in the bubble, just keep your eye on which attack she's using, be quick to dash/dodge, and wait for the chance to absorb her attack(the one where she sends off several shots into the air) with your own Charge Shot(same way you pull in items, just don't hold it too long). Try not to miss any shots/get hit, as it'll add up once the time starts to run out. Rinse and repeat every time she changes phases.

Also, Z-air is legit in Melee.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think Dryn and I are the only big Metroid nerds here. Everybody else just plays a bad character.

@arope
Emperor Ing - Always keep at least 30 missiles to spare, for beam combos. Super Missiles'll mess him up in most of his forms(aim wisely, though), while the Dark/Light ones are good for killing the tiny enemies he sends out(final form especially/only, I think) when you're running low on ammo, thus producing more ammo. I suggest you don't use the Dark Beam at all, as it's too slow to hit him most of the time. Get as many expansions as you can so you can spam the crap out the Annihilator. Lastly, keep moving. Damage racks up hella fast, try to be constantly moving since he'll get as close as he can most of the time.

Dark Samus - Easier fight, just don't worry about the time limit. Her attacks shouldn't be that hard to predict during her first phase. Feel free to lay out whatever ammo you have left on her, since you won't be needing it to finish her. Once she covers herself in the bubble, just keep your eye on which attack she's using, be quick to dash/dodge, and wait for the chance to absorb her attack(the one where she sends off several shots into the air) with your own Charge Shot(same way you pull in items, just don't hold it too long). Try not to miss any shots/get hit, as it'll add up once the time starts to run out. Rinse and repeat every time she changes phases.

Also, Z-air is legit in Melee.

If what ismar said doesnt work, try the cheating method.
When KING ING jumps, if u hit him with screw attack(aim at the mouth/eye thing) he loses MORE life from that than ANY weapon u have on you(super missles or any other beam). Like dryn and ismar, i am EXTREMELY into prime series. my speed run is only 5 min behind the world record run for prime 1 and 12min behind the record in prime2. im pretty sure i have the world record for prime 3 but i cant prove it.

aroperdope

Smash Cadet
Okay, Hmm, you are all metroid game tested, hardcore approved! thanks people.

To Th3 Composer: Can you get past metroid 1 using the wave beam instead of the ice beam? Also on Super Metroid, is there a way to use suit-less samus without a cheat device?

To KillerJawz: One of these days, I recommend giving Metroid a try. Samus is a beast in the games. Or rather you could try reading a little of the manga, you know just a little sample. Metroid zero missions is fun, moderately difficult, and explains the beginning, sort of. All of this you know, whenever you have time.

Finally, to IsmaR and Xyro77- I'd rather ask you two, instead of my one of my younger bros. for help; I'd be too embarrassed to ask one of them. O... and someone buy KillerJawz a Game boy advance, and a metroid game lol!

I own every Game Boy to date, I just never gave the metroid games a second glance because of my natural hate for shooters/games with any kind of gun in them.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm resigning from these boards. I no longer consider myself a Samus player, nor a competent user of said character. I probably won't completely drop her, but I don't take mine seriously anymore/fail completely. Might change later, since I'm also considering dropping the game as well right now. Bai gaiz

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm resigning from these boards. I no longer consider myself a Samus player, nor a competent user of said character. I probably won't completely drop her, but I don't take mine seriously anymore/fail completely. Might change later, since I'm also considering dropping the game as well right now. Bai gaiz
If this is serious, plz have fun with w/e hobby or activity you find to replace this one. If you do come back, we will(or at least i will) be here for ya.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Get in line. Uffe/Dryn take priority over you.

/banmeplz
Well, my brother and I did turn 25 years old the day before yesterday (Wednesday, May 19). But, still, yeah. I had a good time. I wasn't with my family, but I was with a friend whom I love. She got me five comic books, and I couldn't believe it. I kept saying, "Thank you!" I was that excited! :) Then we went and hung out and stuff. <3 She's not my girlfriend, though. Oh well.

Dragonmaster_Omega

Smash Journeyman
SWF Name: Dragonmaster_Omega
Brawl Name: Omega
Brawl Friend Code (Optional): 1848-3020-9193
Character(s) and Color(s): Samus
Contact Information (Optional, won't be censored): Skype: omegadragon4

Aww thats really good Composer ^^, any footage?

Also, I need a nickname for you tbh. Can I just call you bob?

Also I added Omega to the OP

RaigothDagon

Smash Journeyman
lol, I'd hope that was a joke rather than anything serious. Unless his name is Bob, then I'm sorry for finding that funny at all. I was thinking Po. Sound alright?

Bob is an amazing name. So short, so simple.
I jest, it's diabolical beyond words imaginable

Top Bottom