• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
it means he is going to custom fit smash for the 3ds since smash has always been a console game

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Relating to the previous posts, Samus has soo much surprise factor still, especially over here on the ec and mw. That alone is good enough reason to keep her in our arsenal because it makes her tourney viable in some match-ups. Despite knowing my secondaries have better match-ups against some characters, I sometimes even still pick Samus just to throw them a wildcard they most likely aren't used to. And I think that's the best part about Samus; she knows how to play against the popular character match-ups(higher tier characters), but most of them have no clue how to play her. But, none the less, you can never go wrong with picking up a secondary or two, especially if you want to actually win a whole set.

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Oh my goodness I got a zair->homing missile->dair and a zair->homing missile->fully charged short. Samus ain't even gotta take off that suit to have that sexy swag.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
haha... I'll do my best!

As a consolation I'm entering AE and Marvel too, which are games I've actually been keeping up on :laugh:
I think my secret weapon in brawl is my overtly aggressive, played incorrectly style of samus, however.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
haha... I'll do my best!

As a consolation I'm entering AE and Marvel too, which are games I've actually been keeping up on :laugh:
I think my secret weapon in brawl is my overtly aggressive, played incorrectly style of samus, however.
Pick Phoenix. Put her on point. Do it.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Placed 33rd at a national AGAIN.

First time was at Pound V, I had classes the day of pro bracket.
Second time was at WHOBO 4. I lost to a Peach and a ZSS because I played dumb.
This time though? I SD'd against Chibo game 3 last stock on RC at 26%. Needless to say, I was salty.

Lost to Bizkit too game 3 on FD. Didn't see the C4s and the down smashes. Stupid mistakes but overall legitimate loss. Need to practice my Snake MU more.

I also need to practice my Sheik. My technical skill was flaking on me in my pool set against Xzax, and I was worried it'd suck against Bizkit so I didn't bother.

Time to step it up. I don't think I'm going to drop Samus since I keep improving with her anyway. I'm the only one holding me back.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Oh word, my bad =P. Meant WHOBO 3.

*****, I'll see you at WHOBO 4 though!
Quick questions:
How does it feel to take a game of M2K as Samus?
Do you think he was sandbagging?
Do you think your alts could have done a better job?
Are you satisfied with your overall ranking in the tourney?
How do you feel about yo boy Dan's placing in the tourney?

:) In Bizkizzle's blog on AIB, he was talking bout playin you in loser's bracket and how you are "currently appears to be the best Samus." :) Just sayin.

I hope there are vids of your game with M2K. So hyped it got people saying things like Samus for mid tier XD

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Quick questions:
How does it feel to take a game of M2K as Samus?
Do you think he was sandbagging?
Do you think your alts could have done a better job?
Are you satisfied with your overall ranking in the tourney?
How do you feel about yo boy Dan's placing in the tourney?

:) In Bizkizzle's blog on AIB, he was talking bout playin you in loser's bracket and how you are "currently appears to be the best Samus." :) Just sayin.

I hope there are vids of your game with M2K. So hyped it got people saying things like Samus for mid tier XD
I knew I could. It doesn't matter the MK, what matters is understanding the character, be it spacing, timing, recovery, etc. It's one of the MUs I'm most comfortable with as Samus. I'm just a bit sad that I SD'd game 1 and only won game 2. Perhaps it could have played out better.

Was M2K sandbagging? The set before mine was against Xzax, and when he started losing, he camped and timed him out. So no, I don't think M2K ever sandbags, either in pools or in tournament, unless he doesn't feel like playing anymore. Which oddly enough didn't happen this tournament, I saw him play a lot of friendlies with multiple people. I don't think people give him enough credit for what he provides for the metagame. He also proceeded to camp the top platform of BF game 2 when he had a small percent lead, and while it was hard, I managed to punish his landing and then take his stock. I believe d-air camping and tornado is far from unbeatable. You just have to be patient enough to punish it.

My only really tournament viable alt right now is Sheik/Zelda. I do have a Falco but it's mostly for friendlies. I played Sheik vs. Xzax before playing M2K and I whiffed the DACUS 5 times. Each one would have resulted in a stock. He beat me 2-0. For that matter, the entire weekend, I wasn't pulling off the execution and technical skill required for Sheik, so I decided not to use her for the rest of the tournament. I think that was a mistake because Bizkit took me to FD on game 3 and I feel as if my Sheik would have performed better than my Samus on that particular stage.

Am I satisfied with my overall placing? No. This is the third time to place 33rd at a national. Furthermore, I had a really stupid loss against Chibo. The first game I was still waking up from a nap and lost last stock last hit trading b-air to his n-air. The second game I did a salty runback to SV and 2-stocked him, taking only 13% for his first stock. As soon as someone uploads that, I'm nominating that for best character vid, and I've never felt confident to do a nomination of myself before. Game 3 I froze in a very clutch situation and SD'd because of it. I was excited to play Vinnie if I had beaten Chibo since the last time I played him was very close, and from there, win or lose, I would have been confident in placing a bit higher than 33rd. 17th was the goal but I didn't make it. Stacked tournament, but that isn't an excuse.

I thought Dank's placing was an accurate portrayal of his skill level. I'm glad he went though because he saw where he needed to improve and had a noticeable growth by the end of the tournament. Maybe next time he participates in NE he'll perform better.

I'm glad Bizkit thinks highly of me. Admittedly, I saw him as a top 5 Snake player but not near the levels of Fatal/Razer/Ally. I take it back now. After playing him, and then seeing him perform throughout loser's bracket, he's either improved drastically since his last regional/national attendance or he's just been hiding his growth. Regardless, congrats to him and I promise to take him out next time. =D

I think I've been the best Samus for a long time. I know I lost the ditto to Xyro and I have a mid tier problem, but as far as tournament results and performance go, I've already established that my Samus is what everyone fears when they think of the character. So I won't go out of my way to defend myself and everyone is entitled to their beliefs. That is mine and that is all.

No, there are not vids of myself versus M2K. We played on a set-up that did not have the replay hack. As a short recap, I SD'd on SV game one but still brought him to last stock. Game 2, I took him to BF and beat him with my last stock on 50% ish. Game 3, he did a salty runback to BF and 3-stocked me. He basically spammed tornado game 3, but timed it differently so that Samus can't get out and n-air to break it. However, the timing is slower too and I didn't adapt to it. Had I played CREWS in friendlies earlier, I think I would have been able to adapt and have a solution for it. I do now at least, and I thank M2K for improving my MK MU for it.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I can now say I only play Samus for fun now. I just, lost hope when KJ left. That guy was literally my hope. Ever since I started Samus, I never thought the time would come where I'd feel so weak as to say I'm finally down to where this character is suited better for friendlies when I use her. I cannot see myself using Samus in tourney anymore without KJ. So with all do respects (and a bit of trivial untimeliness), I say my goodbyes to the Samus boards. Before my departure, I'll leave with these shoutouts:

Xyro: You were always the funny guy of these boards to me. You gave me a sense of humor and brought my activity when it came to these boards. I surely wish you the best in all of your future games, and keep that Samus rep going strong.

IsmaR: You're definitely someone I'm not going to forget, seeing how your activity in the OTL is coming back, I'll be seeing you much more often. Needless to say, I think I've got the Samus MU nailed. Should our fated match-up be one for the centuries :D

NO-IDea: You were one of the people who gave me a sense of precision and tactical outlook of my playstyle. Your Samus took match-ups to nail by the very sliver, and you manage to amaze me all the time. It was really nice to meet you here, and it would be an honor to ever get to play you someday.

Composer: Cannot Raichu a decent goodbye message. You were a really fungi and always kept the jokes coming. I've never seen you play, unfortunately, but your placings reflect your Samus well enough for me to call you awesome. Hopefully we'll get the chance to play if I ever make it up to MW :O

Serris: We never really talked much, but you're a cool dude afaik :D Nice to meet you!

Dryn: Lol I cannot forget this guy. Back when I first started Samus, you were one of the first people I acknowledged. I'm saddened I've never seen you play, nor been able to play you. It was a pleasure to be of acquaintance.

Omega: You go inactive y? One of the best Samus players I've had sets against :D Our friendlies were epic! We'll definitely play a lot. I'll assure it :V

Anyone I missed: I wish you all farewell, and good luck. Get Samus up in first at a national. Soooo much **** has yet to come from these boards. It's just brewing, I can feel it.

inb4whoareyou.ohainamechange

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Regardless, thank you and farewell. Kay.jee. leaving hit me hard as well, but he's not truly gone/lives on in the spirit of these boards anyway. Ultimately I respect your decision, and wish to say you are more than welcome to come and go as you please, despite any decision you make. Looking forward to seein' ya around.

On the note of dropping shiz, I deny making any sort of comeback as of yet, be it wifi/offline, friendlies/tourney or otherwise. Been stuck in a rut and can't even bring myself to congratulate the likes of NOID/Composer/Agent/CREWS/any other Samus actually doing stuff out there, as my words mean literally nothing to these boards anymore. I know I'm not the only inactive/near dead player here, but like hell will I take that lying down. Making it a goal to unrust by the time I head off for the cross-country shenanigans of the end of next month, and not disappoint the potential I've seen here.

With all of that out, stay the hell out of my thread until you stop sucking, X.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think I've been the best Samus for a long time. I know I lost the ditto to Xyro and I have a mid tier problem, but as far as tournament results and performance go, I've already established that my Samus is what everyone fears when they think of the character. So I won't go out of my way to defend myself and everyone is entitled to their beliefs. That is mine and that is all.
AHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

We literally have almost identical placings in regular singles. As you said we place 33rd most of the time but some times ill place higher[mlg dallas for example] and others you will place higher[whobo 3]. I have no idea(lolololol get it?) how much you play teams but i dont play it a lot so if u wanna have the gold medal in 2vs2 go for it. Low tier, you place HORRIBLE(there are like 2 good low tiers in your region....boss/pinkfresh) considered what you are because i KNOW you are a top 3 LT in your area. Then you come down to texas, lose to me in a ditto(50$ little man, put that **** in my hand) and then lose to MID TIERs in bracket. Yea i can agree you do better than me at high tiers and i do better at mid tiers/low tiers than you do but to say "I think I've been the best Samus for a long time" is 100% opinion. Then you say "I've already established that my Samus is what everyone fears when they think of the character" which is funny cause back in 09 when i went to new jersey YOUR VERY OWN REGION told me in person and in the results thread(you remember this) that i was "better." Now fast forward to whobo 3, i STILL had people come up to me after playing you and say "yea xyro your better." Maybe you dont know this but the majority of texas HATES me and yet they can admit im "better." Im not saying im MILES ahead of you but i do feel we are either pretty much even or im slightly ahead of you.

PS: what will it take for you to accept that you are poopy? Do you want me to start playing again? Fly to Md/Va for Another 50$ mm? I dont wanna say it but u may be one of those "im the best no matter what...lol cause i said so...lol"

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
You placed higher, ONCE, at an unseeded, no pools tournament (MLG)? At my MLG, I lost to ESAM and Nick Riddle? Who'd you lose to?

And I've never placed low in low tier in my region... because we never have low tier tournaments. >.< If you want to talk about Atlantic North low tier tournaments? I place around 5th, and considering that there's a better amount of low tiers in Atlantic North than there are in Texas, that's fine with me.

Also, my own region speaking out against me in '09? You literally had like words of 2 people that time (Candy and Inui), and one doesn't play anymore. The other would probably change his mind now.

I gave you props for beating me once in the ditto. But you gotta stop living in the past. Even during the time you beat me in the ditto, I was still better at what mattered. I made it out of pools in a rather stacked one. You had what, SkyPirate, Xaltis, MJG and Will? I had Chaz, Rich Brown and Jnig?

Plus... didn't I outplace you in Low Tier and in Singles at WHOBO3?

And lol. At WHOBO3, the only TX players I played seriously were in tourney or MMs. So word on getting the support of randoms who I sandbagged against. If you wanna say like Illmatic says you're better, you definitely are at the Peach MU. Anyone else's word doesn't mean much to me.

But less talk. I don't care if you start playing again. You place like 17th nowadays in TX, and it's been like that for the good part of a year. If you placed 7th, it was because the players below you were **** and you know it. Do what you want, retire or keep playing. But I'm pretty sure, especially after this past tournament and what I can do with the MK MU, the one MU that matters the most, I'm the more tournament successful samus.

EDIT: You know full well I wouldn't mind doing another MM with you. You were supposed to go to CoT5 but something came up for you. Come to the next national in Atlantic North so I don't have to travel too far and we'll do it again. Maybe then I'll beat you in the ditto but you'll outplace in tourney. Who knows.

Top Bottom