• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Hah. And no need to test. It's already been proven that it does cause more hitstun.

Forever lurking until my semester is done. Then I'll contribute to the boards.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
electric attacks cause more hitstun then regular attacks, but do electric attacks do EVEN MORE hitstun to samus i think is the issue here
so in a way, its like bananas hitting pikachu?

aka

it screws us up more so than the rest of the cast?

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
well in pikachus case its an animation frame difference which pikachu has the second slowest trip animation. but for lasers causing hitstun, afaik its set and isnt char specific, lasers should only do same hitstun to samus as everyone else

Xyro77

well in pikachus case its an animation frame difference which pikachu has the second slowest trip animation. but for lasers causing hitstun, afaik its set and isnt char specific, lasers should only do same hitstun to samus as everyone else
then how do u get that samus is weak to elec? falco laser is elec right?

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Imma go to a monthly tourney tonight. Wish me luck! Imma go doubles with a lucario - hopefully I don't have to go luc + snake >.>), and I'll probably open up with samus every match in singles. I don't expect to win this but hopefully my rank doesn't suck too much haha.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Just keep Samus except versus the almost impossible match-ups like Falco, Meta Knight, DDD and Olimar.
I used snake against a falco, lost > snake vs tink, won, switched to Samus cause she needs rep > opponent changed to MK, lost. FFUUUUUUU-- I think I got him down to 1 stock or 2 stock high percent.

Went Samus against a D3, but he wasn't as experienced and was kinda new like me. I still lost hahah; it takes so much work to keep resetting space and racking up damage. I eventually won the set though I had to go Snake vs olimar.

bombs are not good and does not make the mk match up any different
I'm still not that great a player with Samus but I'm tryin. I wouldn't have won the tourney, snake or Samus, so I figured I'd play both.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Haha, you should've seen our doubles matches against faytal and broodkross; that **** ended within 2-3 minutes. So difficult XD At that point my partner and I didn't bother trying to strategize stages or switching characters.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
bombs are not good and does not make the mk match up any different
Bombs have higher priority than Meta Knight's tornado. They're also Samus's saving grace against the Ice Climbers because they deflect glaciers and make it riskier for them to try and grab you. Bombs are situational. They don't suck, they're just not good outside of a few match-ups.

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
Bombs have higher priority than Meta Knight's tornado. They're also Samus's saving grace against the Ice Climbers because they deflect glaciers and make it riskier for them to try and grab you. Bombs are situational. They don't suck, they're just not good outside of a few match-ups.
I'd like to see you drop a bomb in MK's tornado and then successfully follow it up. They do not suck, but saying that they're really valuable in the MK match-up is just nonsense.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
TL is definitely my own personal worst matchup for Samus, but Xyro can beat MJG so what do I know ;P

Also me throwing around Samus info = terrible

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Which characters?
I originally mained Snake, so it was either Snake + lucario or Samus + Lucario. My partner was also thinking about trying a noob-pocket MK, but that never happened.

I lost to praahwn in losers bracket. It was on BF and I trying camping and zair around my bombs to avoid the CG. In the end, I didn't space well enough and ended losing to his CG.

Samus v TL Matchup isn't bad but it's boring as hell, I don't blame him for using someone else lol
I still don't know the tourney rules by heart, so I said I was staying Snake thinking I'd have to face his Falco again, but he ended up changing to TL for whatever reason. Only reason I didn't do TL vs Samus.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Bombs can limit MK to disjointed attacks only or promote an overly-aggressive playstyle. Likewise, in the ICS MU, bombs are decent walls to prevent a CG. It has its uses in other words.

DI up the first hit of tornado and n-air when falling back down. Perfect shield tornado when possible. Spot dodge if your shield gets low or if you can accurately predict when the tornado is ending. Up+b OoS if the MK plans on auto-canceling the tornado at the end.

And above all else, position yourself in a way that leaves you the least suceptible to the move. For example, constantly being in the air at mid range means you're an idiot who doesn't know the MU.

Tofum, probably should have used Dank's pocket MK. You're both trash though. Get better.

Xyro77

Bombs can limit MK to disjointed attacks only or promote an overly-aggressive playstyle. Likewise, in the ICS MU, bombs are decent walls to prevent a CG. It has its uses in other words.
I dont know who the hell u guys fight but all MKs/ICs here in tx are not afraid of Bombs and never have been. They see they can walk/run thru them. They see you are STUCK in bomb pooping animation so they throw out a free hit. They see it does LOW hitstun and WEAK damage.

Yea if u land a bomb hit/combo or whatever on a player is 100% because they aint used to it or they are ******** and ran into it. Its a total waste of time.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Er. That's the point. I'd rather play an aggressive MK than a campy one tbh. Likewise, I'd rather play an ICs who fishes for the grab than an ICs who camps his way for the grab.

Who said the bomb had to do damage? O_O?

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
Who doesn't have a pocket MK? And Sheik is a secondary. Nah, my Falco is already on the level of my Samus if not greater simply due to being a better character.

Agent... you are the master of Samus after all. What do I know...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
at the moment my best character is game and watch, i'm not exactly sure why, but i only play this game w/ my friend that likes playing brawl, and this does not happen often, so I guess he just is bad @ that matchup right now.

DtJ SquidBurrMoneyBurr

Smash Champion
Yo, how come every time I'm DJ'ing, there be a hot *** girl but she got an ugly *** friend
C'mon man, I ain't got no time for that
I'm only dealing with nines and tens, not threes and fours
So if your trying to get into my DJ booth, and your trying to come home with me DJ Pauly D
Then you and your friends better come correct
There will be no grenades tonight

Top Bottom