• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
tbh I beat wolv/sent for almost free lulz

mostly due to MU experience, I can run circles around sent and hopefully just out-air Wolv - he only has the dive kick to really worry about. + my friend's main team was Wolv/Akuma/Sent for awhile.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
They'd be more like Modok's bombs though and be good for controlling space.

In regards to that phantom ledge UpB cancel thing, I feel like the only stage it would be really useful on is PS1 but I can't seem to find where the sweet spot for it is.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I'm sure you get the job done, Composer. And no one reads Marvel for the plot anymore, Serris.
D'aww, I feel all special Vocal. <3 Posting in my old color to inform that I have Brawl again, btw.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hey guys

Why are Samus' options in 64 so poor :( She my favorite character to play, but she just has so many downfalls, from blind spots to major lag on a lot of moves :( Meks meh sad...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I <3 Samus in 64. Never ran into much problems, other than the lag/Brawl habits (U-tilt/recovering with Bombs asdasgasd(lol censored)age;=).

That and I like that she can actually kill with grabs/N-air/B-air/CS/stupidly fast albeit weak D-air. And runs fast like she's supposed to, but meh. Other than that I run a pocket DK/lolFalcon from time to time.

But alas, Samus didn't catch much of a break then, and doesn't seem like she will anytime soon.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Or you could have picked literally the worst avatar in existence

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Whoa, really. Really. You're going to come at me wearing an avatar like that one?

I used to look up to you

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
It's been down for the last four days. Still doesn't quite stack up to the 11-day XBox Live outage of 2007, though.

On an unrelated note, Conduit 2 seems to be pretty good so far.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Get it, you scoundrel.

We can play games together if you do! <3 That is, if the network comes back up any time soon...

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
pso2

i am excited for that

even though idk when it will come out

but i think i will get it anyway

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
So, I've realized that Phoenix and Samus have some very large similarities. They both like to camp and have great zoning and stage control capabilities, but they only truly shine when there's a game-breaking mechanic involved. With Samus, Smash Balls. With Phoenix, X-Factor.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
Phoenix without 5 bars is pretty subpar

I don't mean her moveset, just that when she can play reckless with 5 bars it's actually pretty good

And Dark Phoenix without X factor really isn't that bad either, just need to spend bar on healing and play smart because you can't rely on chip forever. Fireball->teleport still works in non X factor, that sort of thing, lulz

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Hello samuses! How are ya all doing today? o=
I have a question for you guys!
What do you think of the Peach/Samus team? I'm teaming with a samus and we're trying to think of any sort of annoying team shenanigans we can pull off. I also want to know any useful information in general you all may have about this team. What role should the peach play, and what role should the samus play? Good stages for us to go to? Stages we shouldn't go to? I've gotten some good stuff from the peach boards already, but I want to know how it is from your side.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!

The spoils of a google image search on "silly horses:"

Mmm... so this is what you guys do in the samus boards.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Hopefully Xyro looks at this thread someday because I'd say he's probably an expert on the Samus/Peach team.

I've done friendlies with Peach's but not enough to be able to give you advice on it. I think Peach's dair clashes with missiles? That's probably important to know

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288046

I'm not trying to brag by any means, but huge LOL @ me being ranked in the top 5 of Samus secondaries. Ha, I've only been in like 2 or maybe 3 25 to 30 person sized tournaments never placing higher than 7th and I'm ranked? I knew she was unpopular but I didn't know she was that unused. On that note, it's weird that despite the fact that I mained Samus during those tourneys, it has me listed as using Samus as a secondary :surprised: . . . weird.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
I don't think she's as bad as everyone assumes but she is bad.

I honestly think Samus players need to start playing more aggressively. I've been playing more aggressively lately and I feel like I've been doing better.

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Mmm, well, thanks for your help. <3
The samus boards are much calmer than the peach boards. I'm surprised I didn't have to sift through 20 pages of stuff to find my original message.

I think Yoshi is one of the least used too. I see more samuses than yoshis. Time to pay a visit to the princess's royal steed!

Top Bottom