• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
honestly, Samus is a decent character when you first start playing her until you realize your opponent is at 170 percent and you have no idea what to do

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Mmm, well, thanks for your help. <3
The samus boards are much calmer than the peach boards. I'm surprised I didn't have to sift through 20 pages of stuff to find my original message.

I think Yoshi is one of the least used too. I see more samuses than yoshis. Time to pay a visit to the princess's royal steed!
The peach boards a freak of nature that moves so fast it only exists in the physical state of plasma. (That's what lightning is in case ya didn't know)

Also Jiggs is far from the least used of all time; she's top tier in Melee so that automatically disqualifies her.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I'm talking about the entire series. If you were to gauge how often she's used in this title compared to others in the series, she's the least-used. And there's data somewhere that supports her being the least-played in Brawl. I need to find that thread again.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Playing how the game was meant to be played, Samus isn't so popular either. My brother earlier was still raging that "accidentally holding shield before starting turns you into a chick."

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
Heh, now I'm actually slightly considering busting out Samus in SiiS5 or Cot5. Not on anyone good, just on the newbs I will most likely not even get to play. Haha, I might as well try to increase my "technical" ranking with Samus. It's not too hard when no one but me and a few others are really trying.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
"really trying" isn't really what I'd call using Samus "just on the newbs I will most likely not even get to play."

But it's just an arbitrary ranking based on if you've ever had :samus2: next to your results, so it is what it is. You might as well use whoever you actually main and save yourself the trouble.

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
"really trying" isn't really what I'd call using Samus "just on the newbs I will most likely not even get to play."
When I said "really trying", I meant "really using her".

But it's just an arbitrary ranking based on if you've ever had :samus2: next to your results, so it is what it is. You might as well use whoever you actually main and save yourself the trouble.
I do main Samus. Notice the little character avatar underneath of my name.

Funny how we all continue to use a character we know sucks. In terms of gameplay, anyway.
Yea, I agree. Personally, pride is about the only thing that keeps me using her. That and the fact that even after the game has been out for this long, she still harbors a fairly sizable surprise factor. Unfortunately, it only lasts a few games maximum given your opponent is skilled and can adapt.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
I got some vids to post up later :) They are from an offline tourney, but it's pretty much a no-name scrubby tourney anyway. At one point I had to switch her out, cause I couldn't effectively deal with Samus + Lucario vs Snake + Snake.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Doesn't mean it's impossible like Ganon vs Ice Climbers. Samus can still win the MU if the players the MU right and punishes mistakes.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
that is ALMOST like saying ganondorf can win if ICs run into his fsmash

It's a bad matchup for Samus if Falco knows the matchup. That's about all there is to it as far as I know.
Lasers cut off a lot of what Samus can do.

On the other hand I am terrible at this matchup anyway. I find ftilt to be my best tool, followed by fulljumping, which is always a bad thing since Falco can just fj bair.

Essentially, fundamentally as a low tier character, Samus needs to be creative and work surprises.

and yes, Samus gets extra stun from anything electric, so lasers are especially bad for her

i would have posted in that other thread but instead i just responded here,
sorry

Top Bottom