• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Samus Boards are at Peace | The Dead Social

i made this poll before polls were cool

• Total voters

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Good a time as any to mention that I'm revamping the OP. Suggestions/criticism much appreciated. This being used as a social thread, metagame discussions to other places. Etc.

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
SWF Name: ZAAD
Brawl Name: ZeroL
Brawl Friend Code:
Character(s) and Color(s): Samus and MK/ZSS
Contact Information: kevin.andriesse@planet.nl (MSN)
I'd like to update this, as there are a few changes. My SWF name is now AgentObvious, my brawl name is Agent and my mains are now Samus, Marth and Falco. Thanks in advance =].

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
Did not know Obvious was ZeroL

Pick one mang!

EDIT: As long as the picture of how the samus boards worked (before KJ gave himself the boot) stays then I'm content with whatever else you change in the OP, Issy.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Its official, Noid was on the Ktar 5 live stream just now and he said hes moved on to FALCO as his MAIN. He is doing this because he is sick of losing to people he KNOWS he can beat. This means i am the last Samus main who does anything in tourney.

I feel the exact same way he does too.......... so should i follow his lead?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I still wanna go out being the best samus so if i quit now others take my spot. But at the same time im with noid on the fact that we lose A LOT of our MUs because of our character...not US.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I liked NOID before I knew he mained Samus, and that probably won't change. It's true that the match-ups do effect results, but I think that only adds incentive, in opinion, to better yourself as a player. If ya feel like ya can't play to the best of your ability, or as said above lose to people you know you are better than/can beat, then more power to ya.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
There's still the problem of Samus being absolutely terrible at everything but recovering and camping, but I suppose we can work around it.

DtJ Composer

The Heroine Appears
BRoomer
You used a secondary for awhile didn't you Xyro?
Do you think it'd be worth trying something like that again?

Either way, I wouldn't blame you (or NoID) for not playing Samus anymore. Not that it's as relevant because skill level gap but I mained Wario for a good while because I was fed up with my matches as Samus too, and I imagine everyone (sane) who mains a low tier has been down that road.
At the state Samus is as a character right now, I don't think you really have anything left to prove with her.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Even if you switched mains Xyro, I'd still consider you and NOID the best samus players around. But if you want better results, why not move up the tier list. You can only do so much with an inherently bad character. Now imagine what you could do if you moved up to an inherently better character. I always top player's mains to be irrelevant as by that point, it's knowing the MU and playing smart. You and Noid are smart. Using a better character can only help you. Besides, you'd always have Samus as your low tier main. Anyways, it's up to you. I support any decisions a top player chooses to make. If you

AgentObvious

Smash Cadet
Switching mains isn't really needed IMO. I just have secondaries, Marth and Falco, for the really bad match-ups like Marth, Falco, MK, Wario (I'd rather use Marth/Falco against Wario than Samus) and Olimar.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
You guys cannot let go of Samus. You have made a psychological connection to the character. I have tried, and it just doesn't work. So much time and effort has been spent on this one character, and to be honest, I'm sure a lot of you are like me in that you don't feel like throwing away what you have used your time doing. Until the next Super Smash Bros. game comes out, if there ever is another, you guys will probably stick with Samus. Sure, have an alternative or two, but Samus is your main.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
OR you could switch to ROB. I mean he's the melee samus of brawl ROB samus style fighting hero justice

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I play the game for fun first, in the end. I can do that with a lot more characters than Samus, but if I had to choose one, I'd be hard pressed to pick anybody but her.
Every other reason I play her(being more comfortable with her, proving she could be worse, etc.) are just bonuses. That and no other character has the broiler.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
OR you could switch to ROB. I mean he's the melee samus of brawl ROB samus style fighting hero justice
I heard this from HugS first, and I think people are just regurgitating what he said. I honestly don't see Melee Samus when I try out R.O.B.

I like Diddy Kong a lot. At first I didn't care about him because of how he felt in the Sub-Space Emissary, but after I learned how to do glide tossing with Samus, which was so easy, I tried it with Diddy Kong, and from there, I learned that he was a really great character. It had nothing to do with the fact that he is the third best character. I just like Metroid and Donkey Kong.

Well, guys, I hope you're all doing great. I've been playing a bit of Brawl. I feel like I do pretty well, although I am not as great as I was before. I just hope I am doing a lot better as a Samus main. I use the z-air in ways like Xyro does. I feel that I am not simply throwing out attacks in hopes I hit my opponent, but rather do so because it is the best option at the certain time.

Top Bottom