• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I can't wait to see what you have to say once this leak is 100% proven fake.
Trust me. I want to be wrong. I have been waiting for a playable Ridley for over 15 years.

I don't think though there is a single person that will apologize to me if this does end up being right (and if my prediction of Ridley being a boss and/or Sakurai including a dumb "boss mode" gimmick turns out to be true, which I have been saying for almost a year).

In the end we all lose.

However, if we do get hit with Stage Hazardley, I do repeat that we will have to take matters into our own hands if a playable Ridley is going to become a reality. As I said before, Sakurai's only excuse this time for not including Ridley as a playable character is if he also happens to be a Too Bigot.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Inconsistent lines!

Consistent lines!

EVERYONE DO THE MARIO!
I really~ hate to do this, but...
if you see the whole picture, the cursor has his hand over the Kirby icon.

1408511319170.png

I'm still not a believer in this thing myself. Needs more Rids, K. Rool and Mewtwo. Also, "B0083". Sakurai's gonna wake up with many-a-torch and pitchfork if those three are excluded.

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I feel like Ridley would be unhappy with some people here, lol, also why would they show Dark Pit at the end of the Palutena trailer and not get a "so and so does this" or a character slot on the site etc. when he was directly shown, anyways let's get back to Ridley was there any more final smash ideas for him besides transforming ones? I'm still partial to a Captain Falcon-esque final smash where he would grab the people within a close range then cut to a small cut scene of him grinding them against the wall of the Geothermal Power Plant like how his goes to Port Town Aero Dive Track and runs people down.

Last edited:

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

View attachment 22249

I'm still not a believer in this thing myself. Needs more Rids, K. Rool and Mewtwo. Also, "B0083". Sakurai's gonna wake up with many-a-torch and pitchfork if those three are excluded.
And?
It would be a bizarre design choice for the line to be larger when the cursor's over it. And I'm pretty sure Bowser has no kind of cursor over him.

Last edited:

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427

Steelia

Smash Champion
And?
It would be a bizarre design choice for the line to be larger when the cursor's over it. And I'm pretty sure Bowser has no kind of cursor over him.
Just saying, it would explain the thick line for that specific CPU and not the others. The line inconsistency (to P1) is still a good catch, but had the hand cursor been over anything else I'd be a little more confident in it.

MischF

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrueMischF

View attachment 22249

Honestly, it looks like that hand is only hovering over the coin on kirby. If the hand was grabbing it the coin over kirby I would be more inclined to believe.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I'm more surprised at how disgusting it looks and how bad Wario's image looks. Wouldn't their names still remaining underneath and a scrollbar / "board-flip" option be more aesthetically pleasing? Sakurai loves designing UIs from what I hear and this most definitely is not pleasing on the eyes.

Also, Ridley would be too big for it.

PeterJude

Smash Ace

View attachment 22249

You should also note that:

- Ness' Render is wrong
- Mr Game & Watch's render is wrong
- The screen is inconsistent with what we've already seen from the 3DS character select screen

Someone put a lot of effort into the render, but there are too many errors to even consider it to be real.

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Y'all are going on about this leak, and I'm just sitting here like
Isn't this a Ridley thread?

Steelia

Smash Champion
That is a bad design choice that doesn't make a lot of sense, also the cursor placed the stamp judged by the fact that the hand is pointing and Kirby isn't transparent.
Pretty sure Kirby's selected, the cursor is pointing at his icon, not holding it.

In any case, really don't want to keep carrying the leak talk further. There are already a number of other reasons this thing is fake (and not just because of the lines). After a year of mild teases, merely less than a month left until we learn of Ridley's Smash-related whereabouts. Don't lose hope yet after a shoddy "leak" :roll:

Zynux

Smash Lord
It's easier to decipher if fake, remember the Chorus Men leak of yesteryear, A.K.A April? That looked super convincing but was deemed fake due to faulty movement and that was just a 2D model. Unless this leaker spent so much time to made a model in full 3D move well and look good doing so, it would be easily deemed fake.
You're misunderstanding me. It's far easier for a leaker to be found out and traced by NDA Ninjas with a video recording then a single picture. Which is why many don't do it.

I feel like Ridley would be unhappy with some people here, lol,
I must reiterate: there is nothing wrong with people taking in new information and re-evaluating said conclusion (in this case, this game's roster) based on this information.

Leak? Sorry, never had that vegetable before.

Anyway, let's talk Ridley.

I do not believe he will obtain any alt. costumes. Not even Meta-Ridley.

Y'all are going on about this leak, and I'm just sitting here like
Isn't this a Ridley thread?
Yes, this thread admittedly got side-tracked (me included, I'm usually pretty anal about staying on topic) but to their defense any leak will have an effect on all speculated characters, including Ridley.

The leak was relevant to Ridley discussion...to a point. But it has thus run it's course and is now strictly off-topic now. I apologize mods, I will drop the leak discussion here and now in this thread.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Getting back on track then, Happy(?) 1-year Pryosphere anniversary...? I guess?

^ Pryosphere reveal from one year ago, for the uninitiated.

Last edited:

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Happy birthday, Pyrosphere. Here's to knowing the truth in a matter of weeks.

*raises glass

iamresh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
VivillonDoe
3DS FC
1891-1659-0237
new pic of the day. good news has arrived, people. #RidleyLivesOn

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Looks like we didn't get a pyrosphere reveal after all. Just smash run stuff. Can't say I'm surprised.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And what if Nintendo "leaks" a half dozen "finalized rosters" to various sources in the two weeks leading up to release? Only none of them are accurate. Which will you trust then?
Because Nintendo has learned a lot about stopping leaks over the past few games. They don't want them, leaks are bad for business, because they kill the hype. Nintendo has done a very good job at keeping things hidden while the game is in-house. I fail to see why they wouldn't take steps to help ensure secrecy once it leaves their hands.
I do love that less than twenty four hours after I made this post, we have at least four different "leaked" character select screens that have been debunked.

Still trusting the almighty pre-release leaks, guys?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
One whole year of teasing.

This has got to be the slowest "disconfirmation" yet. I think when Sakurai had said before in his interview that Ridley would have to be a little slow in order to be playable, he must have taken that to the extreme for this game.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
i dont know WHERE people are seeing the pic of the day so quickly... i have like 3-4 different sites open that show the pic of the day and none of them ever updated.

damn it...

anyway, what was it? just a smash run picture?

this is stupid.

this wait is stupid.

sakurai is stupid.

im pissed!

ridley is never gonna have his status revealed at this rate... not until some random japanese player gets their hands on the game.

Zynux

Smash Lord
Happy 1 year Ridleyversary!
Here's Smash Run.
Here's to another year of Ridley teasing :troll:
SAKURAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIII!!!

In all seriousness, I had expected this. This is bittersweet, since even though I don't want Ridley deconfirmed (nor does Ridley being revealed in a PoTD make no sense now) I still want closure and an end to this circus...

As I said before, if the worst case scenario were to happen, it will catch us completely off guard.

Last edited:

PeterJude

Smash Ace
i dont know WHERE people are seeing the pic of the day so quickly... i have like 3-4 different sites open that show the pic of the day and none of them ever updated.

damn it...

anyway, what was it? just a smash run picture?

this is stupid.

this wait is stupid.

sakurai is stupid.

im pissed!

ridley is never gonna have his status revealed at this rate... not until some random japanese player gets their hands on the game.
This is where they are posted.

Hidan

Smash Apprentice
Happy Pyrosphere Anniversary! Ridley lives to see another day!

In terms of the leaks, there were many points that have been posted that have proven it to be fake, but one thing that strikes me:

The images speak for themselves, right?

Top Bottom