• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Zawaz132

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zawaz132
Saying Ridley is anorexic isn't a joke. Look at this guy and try to say he isn't. Only Roidley is more-or-less bulky, but even he is skinny/has visible bones. And HOW can this be offensive?
I said is could be offensive because it's actually a serious problem for some people. They may not appreciate it being used so lightly. With that being said, I don't personally find it offensive and think people should really lighten up and not take things so personal.
And maybe it's normal for his species to be so boney. It's what a perfectly healthy and natural space dragon is supposed to look like? Right? RIGHT?!:idea:

.Shìkì

Smash Ace
Happy anniversary!

Still no Ridley though... Only a fake leak of an incomplete Roster... Nothing to do here. Here is hoping we do not get him on the 27th because i have an oral exam in linear algebra on that day ss i'd be late to the party t.t

He probably didn't notice the flaws, and besides, Ridley is a cool guy right? Let's talk about him instead of a fake leak that didn't hurt his chances
But now there is a supposed Nintendo rep telling us that Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mach Rider, Impa and Mewtwo are also in the game along with the DLC characters. I don't know what to believe...but yeah, let's get back to Ridley.

Last edited:

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Even if ChronoBound and many others here are absolutely correct (and I personally think the "boss" mode is beyond dumb and disgusting), the only way we are going to get Ridley if he is not in this game is to unite (possibly with other fanbases) and take a civilized group approach and tell Nintendo how we feel about it.

Remember, Metroid is not a healthy looking franchise right now and letting it just die isn't going to help anyone.

I've seen the evidence from both sides. I will wait for a character reveal of some kind.

Last edited:

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
All leaks line up pretty well with eachother for one reason or another. I honestly think there are many bogus ones based of Gematsu since its one that had the best reputation until the reveal of Robin. This one has the Chorus Kids as DLC, Shulk in, and Lucas cut, which is something Gematsu mentioned a while ago.
If these leaks are legit, then Nintendo must be really angry at how many times info has leaked from them, as this has to be their most spoiled game before release ever, since they started leaking before the game even began being developed.

Besides, the first leak with Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr had Ridley on it. We should want it to be real.

Last edited:
All leaks line up pretty well with eachother for one reason or another. I honestly think there are many bogus ones based of Gematsu since its one that had the best reputation until the reveal of Robin. This one has the Chorus Kids as DLC, Shulk in, and Lucas cut, which is something Gematsu mentioned a while ago.
If these leaks are legit, then Nintendo must be really angry at how many times info has leaked from them, as this has to be their most spoiled game before release ever, since they started leaking before the game even began being developed.

Besides, the first leak with Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr had Ridley on it. We should want it to be real.
Apparently he posted screenshots in-game as shown at the end of Alax's video showing Shulk at the results screen and them fighting on Yoshi's island. He needs to film footage of the game to fully convince me.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
But now there is a supposed Nintendo rep telling us that Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mach Rider, Impa and Mewtwo are also in the game along with the DLC characters. I don't know what to believe...but yeah, let's get back to Ridley.
Stop, the rep never said that.
He said there are missing characters with some unexpected. Neo Zero, the mod in touch with him, made a conclusion with all the other leaks.
The five you mentioned are the conclusion we reached, us, members of this website.
Ridley is not dead yet, that's all.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Apparently he posted screenshots in-game as shown at the end of Alax's video showing Shulk at the results screen and them fighting on Yoshi's island. He needs to film footage of the game to fully convince me.
Fun Fact about those images btw, Disabled is spelled wrong, and seeing we have a user called Hentai_Kittie watching, I'm scared

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Now we have to wait for few idiots to come to this thread and say that Ridley is a boss because he is not in that leak. We'll just tell them to f*** off, right? Only idiots can rely on leaks for anything before it is 100% proven to be true by Nintendo and only brainless worms can use them to tell others that their character is deconfirmed because he isn't present in the leak or is mentioned as something not playable. Seriously, just burn them in fire and forget about them until EVERYTHING in it is confirmed to be true BY NINTENDO and not anything else. If there is even 1 mistake with it like if Dr.Mario is actually just an alt, then it is fake.
Anyway, that discussion must GTFO and go to leaks thread if there is any and if there is none, then just disappear into the Void.
Please, stand on topic. This leak has nothing to do with Ridley and his chances.

Last edited:
Stop, the rep never said that.
He said there are missing characters with some unexpected. Neo Zero, the mod in touch with him, made a conclusion with all the other leaks.
The five you mentioned are the conclusion we reached, us, members of this website.
Ridley is not dead yet, that's all.
Oh ok, sorry I was really confused, guess I got things muddled up. Just trying to catch up with everything.

Ok, back to speculation. When do you think we'll get a direct then guys? I'm feeling August 27th, or at least at the end of August/ early September.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Oh ok, sorry I was really confused, guess I got things muddled up. Just trying to catch up with everything.

Ok, back to speculation. When do you think we'll get a direct then guys? I'm feeling August 27th, or at least at the end of August/ early September.
Sorry if I sounded rude.
I think we will get a direc next week, between the 27th adn 30th.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
It's because Ganondorf is the king of evil and one of the most serious villains in Nintendo history, and the fact OoT states he murdered women and kids, it just makes people crack up that the tyrant has a flower, the only way that could even remotley offensive would be against men who are very feminine, I know this is what, the 3rd post you might see about it, but I really question that logic of yours
dont question what you dont understand.

my logic is my own, and it makes perfect sense to me, thats all that matters.

meanwhile, we wait until mid-september for someone to get this game and reveal ridley actually is just a boss/hazard... im about to toss my computer out of the window and into the streets below.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
dont question what you dont understand.

my logic is my own, and it makes perfect sense to me, thats all that matters.

meanwhile, we wait until mid-september for someone to get this game and reveal ridley actually is just a boss/hazard... im about to toss my computer out of the window and into the streets below.
Explain your logic then, because saying Ganondorf has a flower isn't offensive, I need an explanation, and Sakurai wouldn't tease anyone to be a NPC, especially one of the most highly requested

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Guys, even if it is legit, it's not the final roster. Go ahead, compare this to Brawl's starting roster css.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Well, we've officially been doing this for a year... and what we get as a POTD is something we've known about since April from the direct. No news is good news?

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
did you read my post... i didnt ignored it

dr mario returned over mewtwo becasue dr mario was very fast to do , mewto wasnt replaced by dr mario, was probably replaced by greninja, bowser jr, dog, or whatever other character would take more develpment time.

is not only models... designswise this fit smash 4 simply way too good. believe there isnt just talent its also lots experience (Therefore a professional)
And what about the horribly clipped stages? And Wario hands clashing with G&W? And Wario's missing pupil?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Well Happy Anniversary, we got nothing Ridley related
If I wasn't convinced before I'm convinced now.
The Pic of the Day is telling us to Treasure our Ridley
Right Okay, I'll go camping and see you next tuesday

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Ugh.. I just want people to shut up about the leak. I don't believe in it, and I hate hearing about it constantly on all the big threads I tend to visit. It'll either be real and several of us will be disappointed, or it won't and we'll rejoice. Can't do **** for the time being. Also, at this point I'm seriously getting tired of waiting for a Nintendo Direct or newcomer trailer to be revealed every freaking day. Seriously why hold off on something like this, you could squeeze a couple in before the Japanese release easy for crying out loud and help the fan base explode with hype depending on the choice of character!

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
Why were we still talking about a leak we disproved on here? The only reason it had anything to do with Rlidley was because it hurt his chances. It has many flaws that scream photoshopped and has been killed off. So please stop kicking a dead horse in hopes for more info.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Why were we still talking about a leak we disproved on here? The only reason it had anything to do with Rlidley was because it hurt his chances. It has many flaws that scream photoshopped and has been killed off. So please stop kicking a dead horse in hopes for more info.
It didn't even hurt Ridley's chances at all! The gameboy stage was missing, the Green Greens didn't have the gameboy in the foreground, that silly little leak had absolutely NO impact on Ridley

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
If Dixie Kong gets in over K.Rool I'm burning all my DK games, and if this is the final roster I won't buy the game, no amount of Megaman, Sonic, Robin, Lucina, Little Mac, Palutena, Miis or Rosalina can make up for a lack of both Ridley and K.Rool, especially if Dr. Insult to the Smash fanbase is back.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
If Dixie Kong gets in over K.Rool I'm burning all my DK games, and if this is the final roster I won't buy the game, no amount of Megaman, Sonic, Robin, Lucina, Little Mac, Palutena, Miis or Rosalina can make up for a lack of both Ridley and K.Rool, especially if Dr. Insult to the Smash fanbase is back.
Relax, that damn roster can be proven to be incomplete if it's true, and the Dynamic Duo were hinted at multiple times

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon

My point is it's not a rule. Brawl didn't follow it, no reason SSB4 has to do it. That's all there is to it, not about to debate this any further.

And for me this is related to Ridley because the zealousness of some of the supporters in this thread can be really tiresome. I'm all for attempting to disprove a leak. But put the aggression and hyperbole aside.

Last edited:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

My point is it's not a rule. Brawl didn't follow it, no reason SSB4 has to do it. That's all there is to it, not about to debate this any further.

And for me this is related to Ridley because the zealousness of some of the supporters in this thread can be really tiresome. I'm all for attempting to disprove a leak. But put the aggression and hyperbole aside.
We're only like this because we care.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I was going to PM you, but the bloody thing won't let me, so I'm going to say this: the leak showed Flat Zone having the forground thing, THAT'S why it's suspicious to me

Hibashira

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7715-1152
Not really a forum guy, but with the leak (which I do believe to be fake) I figured I should make an account and show my support for Ridley to be playable.

Top Bottom