• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I know. Still not a rule to me.

And PM'ing isn't something I bother with anyway.
Well, at least we are staying civil, and that pleases me the most about this website, it's the most civil place in terms of smash arguments
Not really a forum guy, but with the leak (which I do believe to be fake) I figured I should make an account and show my support for Ridley to be playable.
Welcome! To get hype, check the 2nd post, and refrain from making any water related jokes!

Last edited:

Hibashira

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4811-7715-1152
Welcome! To get hype, check the 2nd post, and refrain from making any water related jokes!
Thanks everyone. And don't worry, I've been lurking for a while and am well aware of all the evidence around Ridley, if I had any less water in my sistem I'd look more dehydrated than Ridley himself.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
I'm more surprised at how disgusting it looks and how bad Wario's image looks. Wouldn't their names still remaining underneath and a scrollbar / "board-flip" option be more aesthetically pleasing? Sakurai loves designing UIs from what I hear and this most definitely is not pleasing on the eyes.

Also, Ridley would be too big for it.
Sakurai's wife is a visual designer (or some job along those lines). She designed Brawl's UI, which in term became the standard for Sakurai's games, and she still gets to help with visual menus, most notably designing Smash 4's 3DS menu. No one who does visual design for a living would approve of this awkward layout.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Happy Anniversary! It's been a full year of teasing. We've come far from that day.

Wow, a perfect 1000 replies in a year.

Not really a forum guy, but with the leak (which I do believe to be fake) I figured I should make an account and show my support for Ridley to be playable.
Welcome! Glad to have you here.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Happy ridley anniversary

Now as for the leak are you guys sure ridley is not one of characters not unlocked yet

We reach a full year since the tease and todays potd has nothing to do with villians.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Happy ridley anniversary

Now as for the leak are you guys sure ridley is not one of characters not unlocked yet

We reach a full year since the tease and todays potd has nothing to do with villians.
There is no way the Polar Bear gets in smash run without Ice Climbers being playable, and Ice Climbers weren't in that leak

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Happy ridley anniversary

I honestly feel we are doomed until sakurai deconfirms the leak with a potd/direct. Our only hope otherwise is that the big 3 are being kept under wraps by sakurai himself but who knows its sakurai we should be used to disappointment from him...

There is no way the Polar Bear gets in smash run without Ice Climbers being playable, and Ice Climbers weren't in that leak
Ice Climbers are dlc in the leak..

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I honestly feel we are doomed until sakurai deconfirms the leak with a potd/direct. Our only hope otherwise is that the big 3 are being kept under wraps by sakurai himself but who knows its sakurai we should be used to disappointment from him...
Why? Why are we doomed? There is nothing that anyhow confirms this leak to be true. Not even a single part of it confirmed or something. Until it is fully confirmed, we don't have to worry about. Also, look at that:

Do they look similar? Or should i say they are exactly same, but mine is without cape?
Anyway, stop that discussion please, it doesn't affects Ridley's chances in any way.

MapleBeasts

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, long time lurker (last 600 or so pages) but in light of the leak decided to join in the effort for our space dragon

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Why? Why are we doomed? There is nothing that anyhow confirms this leak to be true. Not even a single part of it confirmed or something. Until it is fully confirmed, we don't have to worry about. Also, look at that:

Do they look similar? Or should i say they are exactly same, but mine is without cape?
Anyway, stop that discussion please, it doesn't affects Ridley's chances in any way.
Thing is it could just be laziness on sakurais part, just look at toon link, lucina, dark pit and dr. freaking mario if you wanna see that. He probably didnt even attempt to declone ganondorf...

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Thing is it could just be laziness on sakurais part, just look at toon link, lucina, dark pit and dr. freaking mario if you wanna see that. He probably didnt even attempt to declone ganondorf...
That is not the point. Render shows Ganondorf looking different compared to Brawl Ganondorf and then BAM, on the screenshot, he is exactly same.

.Shìkì

Smash Ace

Ice Climbers are dlc in the leak..
Which already pretty much busts it. Sakurai said, and i quote "There is no DLC planned as of yet, maybe I'll give it another thought after the game is released". There is NO WAY there is already determined DLC.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
That is not the point. Render shows Ganondorf looking different compared to Brawl Ganondorf and then BAM, on the screenshot, he is exactly same.
We definitely need a larger hole to call this fake, most knocks against this leak so far can be easily explained...

Which already pretty much busts it. Sakurai said, and i quote "There is no DLC planned as of yet, maybe I'll give it another thought after the game is released". There is NO WAY there is already determined DLC.
All of them were most likely meant to be included so he threw them into dlc due to time constraints...

Last edited:

MapleBeasts

Smash Cadet
Guys I wouldn't worry too much about it, it's like people are blanking on the evidence for Ridley before this stupid leak. Our commander lives!

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
We definitely need a larger hole to call this fake, most knocks against this leak so far can be easily explained...
Even disablAd? Which shouldn't have been even done since i doubt any of the developers would do such mistake.
I wish I had a pet Ridley I could feed infidels to.
You would most likely become his food when he will get bored. Or when he will just see you.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I don't believe it's real. We'll see, though. The artwork of certain characters is stuff I've never seen before, so if this is fake, I seriously have to give props to the creator for this. Still, I will feel pretty salty at the lack of new DK/Metroid reps and addition of another Mario rep if it's real. Doesn't mean I would be able to do anything about it, but I'd be miffed.

So yeah... can't say I'm overly a fan of that roster, honestly. Needs more purple space dragon.
My sister has claimed to see the Bowser Jr. render before.
She showed me the image (I have no direct link, cuz she showed me on her CPU) and I can confirm the leak is a fakey fake fake.
Good riddance.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
My sister has claimed to see the Bowser Jr. render before.
She showed me the image (I have no direct link, cuz she showed me on her CPU) and I can confirm the leak is a fakey fake fake.
Good riddance.
Oh gosh im praying that you find it i do not want gemusatu leak all over again. (Thought to be real but really fake.)

(But does it have bower jr in the clown car?)

Last edited:

Hentai_Kittie

Smash Cadet
Fun Fact about those images btw, Disabled is spelled wrong, and seeing we have a user called Hentai_Kittie watching, I'm scared
heh heh heh. Ridley can't save you from my gaze. I will see all that you do and know all that you say. I'll be watching you allways,
endlessly...

FOREVER

You'll never feel safe again....... <3

Poopmin

Smash Ace
NNID
HotelMario
I thought ESRB didn't test games ? And isn't leaking not allowed like you get punished real hard for this if caught ? If so why did he leave ESRB0083 on the pictures ?
I guess he'd much rather be "MOTHERF***ING LEAKER" than loyal and well payed ESRB employee/tester. The pictures fake anyways and effect Ridley in no way now. Besides sakurai has already tried to implement a bike character into the game before.

Ridley could never work.
:troll:

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh by the way, here's the purple variant of the Ridley mech. I don't really like it as much as the red-black colour scheme.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I think i got it

Look at the leak pictures brinstar stage.

I think it matches the melees picture. (Corp it/shrink it that might match.)

But back to ridley

1 full year still no ridley fate revealed (only his shadow was shown.)

Im getting more commenced ridley is playable by the minute.

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
•No names on the icons.
•Certain characters aren't grouped in or around their respective series.
•Reused / edited artwork.
•Certain characters clip into another icon.
•Some arts are dark / light in a way Sakurai would never do.
•Game and Watch's outline is brown, when it was deliberately shown to be white.

There's more, but this is off the top of my head. This is just for the one picture of the CSS. If you can counter these validly, I'll be impressed.

And also:

•Nintendo has a search and destroy for any leaks made by actual workers.
•People get fired if they leak information there.

ddd87

Smash Journeyman
Could someone PM me the link to the leak discussion. I dont know where it is and I dont want to derail this place any further.

One last thing I'll say about the leak....if it's real I'm disappointed in the lack of newcomer villains, in fact they took one out (Wolf).

Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Wario, Meta Knight, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. Three of these can be considered anti-heroes as well (Wario, Meta Knight and King Dedede).

They gave villains/reps to franchises that really don't need another character, Mario and Kid Icarus (only because Dark Pit could be an alt to Pit). Not mad at all with Bowser Jr I'd be ok with him being in as well as Duck Hunt Dog, but Mario already has Bowser.

Donkey Kong and Metroid need more reps and K.Rool and Ridley would've been perfect since they would both be refreshing new characters for those franchises and would be villains.

However, there's still a chance the leak is fake. So I'm not giving up yet....

Ridley still has a chance dammit! :crying:

Edit: Just want to clarify that I have no problem with Kid Icarus having 3 fighters, it's just that Dark Pit seems more suitable for being an alt for Pit in my eyes.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
So after checking things up the entire day I'm on #teamfake in regards to the leak too, people are giving it a bit too many passes on a lot of problems and are really underestimating Photoshop. Just thought I'd update here since I made a rather long post about it before.

Either way, one full year I guess yeah. A year ago was the worst day of Smash speculation for me, having to fend off so many ignorant people, it took a long time for me to properly appreciate what a cool stage Pyrosphere actually is because of that. It can't be long now before all that frustration will finally be lifted, whether he is in or not.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
One last thing I'll say about the leak....if it's real I'm disappointed in the lack of newcomer villains, in fact they took one out (Wolf).

Bowser, Ganondorf, King Dedede, Wario, Meta Knight, Dark Pit and Bowser Jr. Three of these can be considered anti-heroes as well (Wario, Meta Knight and King Dedede).

They gave villains/reps to franchises that really don't need another character. Donkey Kong and Metroid need more reps and K.Rool and Ridley would've been perfect since they would both be refreshing new characters for those franchises and would be villains.

However, there's still a chance the leak is fake. So I'm not giving up yet....

Ridley still has a chance dammit! :crying:
Dark Pit is also an anti-hero, in pretty much every single aspect.

But don't worry, there is hope still for our overlord. Even if the leak is true, it isn't necessarily the finalized roster.

So after checking things up the entire day I'm on #teamfake in regards to the leak too, people are giving it a bit too many passes on a lot of problems and are really underestimating Photoshop. Just thought I'd update here since I made a rather long post about it before.

Either way, one full year I guess yeah. A year ago was the worst day of Smash speculation for me, having to fend off so many ignorant people, it took a long time for me to properly appreciate what a cool stage Pyrosphere actually is because of that. It can't be long now before all that frustration will finally be lifted.
I'm sorry for the off topic, but just to reinforce this, remember Mr. G&W from the Pac-Man trailer? He had a slight redesign, with thinner arms. The render used in the roster doesn't seem to have that.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hard to believe it's been a year since Ridley was hinted at, and we still don't know whether he's playable or not.

As for the leak, I don't buy it - a lot of the character art looks familiar, the organization is just plain weird (putting every single character in order of series with the exception of clones and Shulk; it seems like whoever made it assumed that Shulk was third-party when he's owned by Nintendo), and I'm pretty sure the stage select icons are re-used from other games.

Top Bottom