• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Happy Anniversary! It's been a full year of teasing. We've come far from that day.

To be completely honest I still get an odd feeling in my stomach whenever I read that quote and see Bowser jumping like that. This is both the worst and the best pic of the day.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
To be completely honest I still get an odd feeling in my stomach whenever I read that quote and see Bowser jumping like that. This is both the worst and the best pic of the day.
That's the feeling you get when you see someone, and that someone looks really good, and you can't really make the face out so you squint, squint harder, but the someone is gone already. It's the feeling that there is something amiss, something that you are desperate to possess yet is completely out of your reach.
Welcome to the Ridley support thread :urg:

No ridley updates makes me something something.
Excellent. Go continue somethinging.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
So for people still obsessing about the leak, just remember this: the next time any character is revealed, we'll know if the leak is real or not based off of matching the models. So don't worry, it won't be long until we know.

For people still on topic: I love you guys keep doing that

No Nintendo direct today scares me a little, I guess we'll get one in the next few weeks. After no direct was announced I kinda suspected this would just be another normal PotD, and nothing referencing Ridley. Right now I just kinda fear that Ridley is being saved for a PotD after the 3DS version is released as a Wii U specific thing. I'm kinda pinning my last hopes on one last character reveal before the game comes out, and then my hopeless hoping on Ridley being secret. I wouldn't say things are looking better or worse for us then they have since the shadow, but I'm just a lot more anxious with the release so close.

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
We're almost 3 weeks or less away from a full character reveal. Let's talk actual facts (yes facts, something that is mostly absent from this thread), the roster will be revealed from a last minute direct, or by a sleepless dedicated Japanese player abusing the hell out of the game on September 13th.

We'll all have our answers sooner than we think. It's been a long journey guys... Personally, I think I'm more interested in this thread's reaction than the actual (dis) confirmation itself :laugh:

kisamehoshi34

Smash Apprentice
not necessary sept 13 maybe sooner because some people could get the game 2-3 day befor the released date

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
No ridley updates makes me something something.
Go crazy?

Edit:

We're almost 3 weeks or less away from a full character reveal. Let's talk actual facts (yes facts, something that is mostly absent from this thread), the roster will be revealed from a last minute direct, or by a sleepless dedicated Japanese player abusing the hell out of the game on September 13th.

We'll all have our answers sooner than we think. It's been a long journey guys... Personally, I think I'm more interested in this thread's reaction than the actual (dis) confirmation itself :laugh:
Just gonna say it right here. If all your here for is "reactions" to "(dis) confirmation" from this thread, that's preeeeeetty petty of you.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Oh, it'll probably be nuclear in both cases. The thread will grow 50 pages on that day.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
c12.png
And as Ridley was confirmed, or so they do say.
b10.png
His thread grew three times sizes that day!

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
My sister has claimed to see the Bowser Jr. render before.
She showed me the image (I have no direct link, cuz she showed me on her CPU) and I can confirm the leak is a fakey fake fake.
Good riddance.
Yeah, I remember @Smashoperatingbuddy123 posting the Bowser Jr. picture a while back, but no-one took any notice. I'm all but certain this leak is fake. Just because the leak tries hard doesn't mean they'll join the battle, huehuehue.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
All of them were most likely meant to be included so he threw them into dlc due to time constraints...
Still wouldn't explain the lack of Mewtwo, who was omitted from Brawl for that very same reason. If he can make them DLC, he can make Mewtwo DLC. Do not approve of such pre-determined DLC though personally, as it reeks of typical Capcom kind of bull****. DLC that's only thought of after the game comes out I can get behind though, which Sakurai seemed to be leaning more toward based on what he said about the whole thing.

Then you wouldn't have a pet Ridley, Ridley would have a pet Weavel.
Both scenarios would be kinda funny.

Damn, looked to see if there were any funny fan images of Ridley and Weavel, and this was the closest thing I found. :laugh:
/slightly on topic

Well I'm glad to have not been present during most of the time this leak talk was going on. Yay for going out at the right time and later falling asleep early! Leaning towards fake at the moment but like others will wait for more info before disregarding it completely.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
Just gonna say it right here. If all your here for is "reactions" to "(dis) confirmation" from this thread, that's preeeeeetty petty of you.
I heard about this thread from a youtuber explaining the chances of Ridley. I'm surprised how much details were found and the amount of analyzing these guys do. Who'd ever thought a single shadow of Ridley would result in the community rushing into their labs and forming various conclusions based on analyzing each and every pixel of the image, amazing stuff.

And hey, nothing wrong with seeing the community burst into happiness :b:, or sadness :ohwell:, or any other mixed emotions we might have when all is revealed.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859

Facts? Well, I don't think there'll be a direct showing off the entire roster, that seems unlikely to me. Most likely scenario is the roster leaking at most a week before the game's release, morel likely 3-4 days beforehand.

If that doesn't happen, people in Japan, and people who have imported Japanese 3DS (like me) will get the game midnight Japan time September 13'th (which happens to be 11AM September 12'th for me, so I will be playing all day)

And believe me, I'll be playing through every mode with Samus and ZSS first if we don't know Ridley's role by then, because I need to know xD

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
Happy anniversary, Pyrosphere! Let's hope Meta Ridley is the boss character on it with the real Ridley playable!
So, are we FINALLY done talking about that leak?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Not that leak, the other one! :p
You mean the one with more holes in it than a cheese grater? It's a shock there are still people talking about it period.
Speaking of holes... while I do think that Other M Ridley would be a better design than Ugly McMassivehead in Brawl, I'm really hoping than in Sm4sh no matter how he appears (likely playable) he'll have fixed his skin problems

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
This leak is the real deal folks.

This kind of attitude is the same exact thing I saw with both Melee's leak and Brawl's leak.

We need to start fighting right now for Ridley in Project M. Its going to be an uphill battle, since unlike every other P:M newcomer nothing has been done for Ridley, and he also would be a challenging character to implement.

We need a high quality playable Ridley in order to prove to the Too Bigots (Sakurai included) that a high quality playable version of Ridley is possible.
Absolutely. Hell, in my own posting history I can see a few posts about "ROB? That's stupid, TOTALLY FAKE GUYS!"

I'm really hoping for a playable boss Ridley. I know that's a pretty weak and possibly even insulting suggestion to some Ridley fans, but I really think Sakurai just doesn't want Ridley. A playable boss might be the best case scenario here.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Absolutely. Hell, in my own posting history I can see a few posts about "ROB? That's stupid, TOTALLY FAKE GUYS!"

I'm really hoping for a playable boss Ridley. I know that's a pretty weak and possibly even insulting suggestion to some Ridley fans, but I really think Sakurai just doesn't want Ridley. A playable boss might be the best case scenario here.
I'd rather Ridley be deleted than have that happen

Saltwater Gem

Smash Journeyman
Also, I know this is the Ridley thread, and this is... Metroid-ish related. But I need to rant.

I understand that clones are an easy alternative to making all new characters. It's much easier to take an existing moveset and plug in a tweaked character model with a few changes here and there to making a whole new model, moveset, animation, etc. and that we might not necessarily be less a few characters because of it.

That being said.

Dr. f***ing Mario? Dark Pit?

You mean to tell me... they made a whole model, animation, unique attacks, etc. for Dark Samus to be an AT instead of a clone character for a series that truly deserves more representation but we get DR MARIO? Because 7 Mario characters (or apparently 8 because Yoshi is grouped with Mario characters) isn't excessive, let alone that we needed a full on distinction between Mario and pill-throwing Mario? Dr. Mario, the character who was cut because no one gave a s*** whether he was in or not. Do I even need to bother with the KI bias?

Just wanted to get that out.

Last edited:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Purple wings and Pyrosphere.. Y'all were expecting anything less teasing than that for Ridley's anniversary?

And some are still even going on about the debunked playable boss gimmick? Tsk tsk. You children have been very naughty.

edit: You're far from the first to point that out about Dark Samus despite other clones still getting in @ Saltwater. Still, the majority including myself agrees.

Last edited:

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
...None of you actually got what Sakurai's trying to tell us? Inside the treasure is Ridley, and then the next pic is us running after the treasure chest that reveals him.
...You know, there's this one guy on Miiverse who has multiple accounts, each named "Ridley Fan", and pretends to be a fanboy stereotype...the fact this sonuva b**ch has four or five of these terrify me.

You might wanna be careful with your speculating if you don't want us labeled like that.

Jaden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
jadenthemerle
3DS FC
2664-2123-0479
Guys, playable bosses isn't going to be a thing, if only because playing as the Yellow Devil would be wretchedly dull. It only does TWO THINGS. Controlling it wouldn't be very interesting at all.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
After seeing all the little problems with the images that leaker posted, I can't bring myself to see how anyone can believe it's true anymore. There's no way Nintendo would have little errors like in those pictures in their products.

I really don't think it's real, and when I came to that conclusion I was relieved, because that roster brings me no excitement.

Then again, anything outside of including Ridley could really save any Smash Bros. roster for me. I'll buy it regardless, but I don't want to have to buy games for characters included in the previous entry of the series, especially when most newcomers are playable in their own series anyway. Part of the appeal of Smash Bros. is that you can play as characters that you couldn't already play as, and most newcomers are the opposite of that.

The modes and gameplay look fun as hell, so there's no way I'm passing up on this game. I just don't think the roster would be anything special for me without Ridley.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Also, I know this is the Ridley thread, and this is... Metroid-ish related. But I need to rant.

I understand that clones are an easy alternative to making all new characters. It's much easier to take an existing moveset and plug in a tweaked character model with a few changes here and there to making a whole new model, moveset, animation, etc. and that we might not necessarily be less a few characters because of it.

That being said.

Dr. f***ing Mario? Dark Pit?

You mean to tell me... they made a whole model, animation, unique attacks, etc. for Dark Samus to be an AT instead of a clone character for a series that truly deserves more representation but we get DR MARIO? Because 7 Mario characters (or apparently 8 because Yoshi is grouped with Mario characters) isn't excessive, let alone that we needed a full on distinction between Mario and pill-throwing Mario? Dr. Mario, the character who was cut because no one gave a s*** whether he was in or not. Do I even need to bother with the KI bias?

Just wanted to get that out.
Hey, good point, if Dark Samus is AT, no way Dr Mario and Dark Pit are playable standalones. Either skins, AT, bosses or whatever, but not standalones.

Top Bottom