• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey guys
A few seconds ago
the Radio Station I was listening to was talking about Ridley
and one of the people (a female) commented "He should be in Smash Brothers, right?" and everyone laughed for a second before they changed subject.
I THINK THEY'RE IN ON THE JOKE.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys
A few seconds ago
and one of the people (a female) commented "He should be in Smash Brothers, right?" and everyone laughed for a second before they changed subject.
or they're toobigiots

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hey guys
A few seconds ago
The hell is this Radio Station? And is i Nintendo? Because that would be the only thing that could potentialy matter
EDIT: Don't reply if it's just a radio thing that you randomly tuned in on

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Hey guys
A few seconds ago
He. He he. Hehaha. AHAHAH!
Space pirates! It seems our plan is working! Our influence is spreading among the masses. Victory is nigh!

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Hey guys
A few seconds ago
I go nuts whenever I hear a radio station bring up video games in general, I don't know what I'd do if a radio station I was listening to brought up Ridley or Smash Bros, let alone the two together.
How did your radio station get on the topic of Ridley anyway?

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I go nuts whenever I hear a radio station bring up video games in general, I don't know what I'd do if a radio station I was listening to brought up Ridley or Smash Bros, let alone the two together.
I literally have no idea. I just turned on the Radio, suddenly Ridley.
He. He he. Hehaha. AHAHAH!
Space pirates! It seems our plan is working! Our influence is spreading among the masses. Victory is nigh!
For Glory!

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Wait, so the link matches the Hyrule Warriors direct?

Not anymore. Guess they're moving links around.

Does this happen for all directs? Like, so they can have one constant link that links to the most recent Direct? Or am I misunderstanding the problem? In the case I am misunderstanding it, ignore this post.

Zygard

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0533-4990-1418
I watched this thread for a bit over 6 months and just made me a account to tell you guys ...

I love you ...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Does this happen for all directs? Like, so they can have one constant link that links to the most recent Direct? Or am I misunderstanding the problem? In the case I am misunderstanding it, ignore this post.

Holy sh*t, I have no clue about this, I thought someone snagged Zelda pics of it aswell, but I r teh confuus right now

I watched this thread for a bit over 6 months and just made me a account to tell you guys ...

I love you ...
I would rather stay friends, thank you very much, always great for more supporters, this is our 3rd today, right?

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Is mind control an answer?
Because if it isn't, then no, I am not experimenting with mind control technology in an attempt to make Sakurai "accidentally" reveal Ridley in a PotD.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Off topic/Spam Warning Received
Holy sh*t, I have no clue about this, I thought someone snagged Zelda pics of it aswell, but I r teh confuus right now
Zelda pics of the direct?

All I had to do was go here and right click the private video. From there I could copy the video link and put it in a new tab. Then I searched for the Zelda Direct. It wasn't too hard of a process.

Maybe we'll get an announcement in tomorrows PotD. Probably not, though.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Well, looks like we're finally getting a direct, my bet's on a general direct. Although I think we might get a smash reveal, last year we got Luigi during the August direct, but given we got Meta Knight a week ago... I'm saying newcomer or bust.

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
Dr. f***ing Mario? Dark Pit?

You mean to tell me... they made a whole model, animation, unique attacks, etc. for Dark Samus to be an AT instead of a clone character for a series that truly deserves more representation but we get DR MARIO? Because 7 Mario characters (or apparently 8 because Yoshi is grouped with Mario characters) isn't excessive, let alone that we needed a full on distinction between Mario and pill-throwing Mario? Dr. Mario, the character who was cut because no one gave a s*** whether he was in or not. Do I even need to bother with the KI bias?

Just wanted to get that out.
I'll be honest, I'm a Dark Pit supporter. :( There are still alot of other unique weapons from Uprising to make him play very differently from Pit. That being said, I still wouldn't sacrifice Ridley or any other veteran just to put Dark Pit in as a separate character; I'd rather him be a Pit alt with a Silver Bow and different voice clips if that's gonna be the case.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
To all my fellow Ridley fans.​

Home stretch here guys.
Though the leak is for sure real.
We know there can be more characters.​

Play these together my beloved ridles fans.​

WE'RE NOT DONE PEOPLE. PLAY THE SONG AND CONTINUE TO WATCH THIS

NEVER GIVE UP!!!!

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
You've got to be kidding right.

Getting Tomodachi life stage changes correct before it is unveiled is no "fake"
When did the leak say this? Also, how could a leak from yesterday predict something that was in a POTD from July?

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
The dream is slowly dying.. I hope my brethren are ready to attack sakurai via communication wars after Sakurai has failed us, we will black out the japan sun with our arrows!!!
Those of you suffering from this illness are required to report to High Command for psychotherapy and summary execution. :evil:

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
but the Tomodachi life stage was fully shown recently in a PoTD...And MAH SIG!!!!! >:C
The Tomodachi stage changes, and apparently we haven't seen that room in the level until today's famitsu... and it's at a slightly different angle.

Not gonna say it's real or fake though (I was leaning towards fake). Not enough details. I'm just gonna wait for this whole thing to blow over.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
NEVER GIVE UP!
Trust your instincts!
0/10 not Ridley theme
The Tomodachi stage changes, and apparently we haven't seen that room in the level until today's famitsu... and it's at a slightly different angle.

Not gonna say it's real though. I'm just gonna wait for this whole thing to blow over.
Weren't the floors randomized?

Last edited:

Beanybunny

Smash Cadet
NNID
atombeany
3DS FC
2019-9824-4588
So, I'm confused. That link I posted earlier was just Nintendo re-arranging links or something...but now everyone's sure we're getting a direct after all...I just don't know what to think anymore! >w<

DO SOMETHING NINTENDO GEEZ

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I take a very "Ridley disconfirmed" approach with leaks, so when I see posts like this, I'm put at ease by the idea that we have very talented fans.

It's also fundamentally wrong on several levels when you step back and just look at the newcomer choices, roster layout, and lack of Ridley. Because we're getting Ridley.

Top Bottom