• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's the actual opposite!!!

He did the same on July 29, but you cannot avoid to mention it if you use the SERIES context which is literally THE SAME NAME.

He never was clear on the context and for stage, it makes even less sense to be character context since everyone can play on it.

Also, the new segment is the most requested mario location for a stage. Where it comes? THE ONLY VERSION ON HANDHELD THAT IS PAPER MARIO RELATED!!! It's sticker star. There's a ton of version and they took this specific one.

Let's compare to Ridley:

August 20: double meaning quote that isn't clear so 50/50.

April 8: double meaning quote that isn't clear.

THE FREAKING SAME PATTERN OCCURED!!!

Both are teased again on that date that is the one year anniversary for one of the tease.

That's why I need to calm down. Listening to cornered from appolo justice as I type.
Famitsu said the stage was called Paper Mario and even though we already have too many Mario characters, I'm rooting for ya!

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
i've been looking at the tomodachi life rooms. while the leak room is similar, i noticed the carpet on the ground in the famitsu pic is much bigger. have a look:

I'm not sure where i stand with this one yet. and to those saying the leak doesn't concern Ridley, the fact that Ridley isn't in the leak kind of makes it a concern for me anyway and it seems more relevant than anything else we're talking about at the moment. Maybe whoever made it chose a room design from tomodachi life that had yet to be shown to further validate his leak. and that room just happened to be shown in famitsu. the fact that the carpet is a different size shows that the smash representation of the apartments isn't exactly 1/1 with the tomodachi life game, which may be something that the leaker incorrectly assumed.
We need this stuff translated ASAP.
Maybe we'll get some juicy Pyrosphere info... >:)

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
I'm not sure if this is valid for an argument for Ridley's inclusion, but I found this:
at least if it's not we have another valid reason for inclusion based Ridley's size.

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
If you go read the source material, Dixie and Ridley were shoehorned in from other leaks that COULD fit, so the ninka leak that is currently playing out never mentioned dixie and ridley so they are left in the dark. I want it to be continuously known this leak is awful..
The reason why they were shoehorned in was because that the leak that said Chorus Men, Ridley, Shulk, Bowser jr., Dixie, Duck Hunt dog and Mewtwo were playable was posted 4 days before the Ninka and Vaanrose leaks went public. It definitely is good news for Ridley and Probably means he is playable if the leaks are real.

James Phillips

Smash Journeyman
The final character is going to be Mewtwo riding Ridley while he holds Dixie.

The Chorus Men are grabbing on to Ridley's tail

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Famitsu said the stage was called Paper Mario and even though we already have too many Mario characters, I'm rooting for ya!
It's confirmed for the name?

Then I know now. Just to be sure, anyone has a translation?

Remember that it indirectly ehlps Ridleybecause the same pattern of teasing occured. Like the deconfirmation pattern, same concept.

Also, here's an advice because I still think Ridley is [almost confirmed]

Assumes leaks are false until proven otherwise ESPECIALLY under hidden tease.

Why? Robin.

If it's real, again, no one said final roster. Remember what happened with sal? I'm glad this thread wasn't destroyed by then so, just keep support and try to not jump shi[ because of this leak.

I'm telling you, until Robin was announced, support was VERY hard because of sal leak. I wasn't alone of course, but this thread should NEVER dies. I'm serious DO NOT STOP HOPING UNTIL THE END!!!

Replace "Mario" by "Ridley", it's my hope as a gift to this thread:

Good luck!

D

Deleted member

I feel like these songs are relevant to/define us Space Pirates at the moment:
Ridley of course is the hero.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Question. What happens if we find out that Ridley is playable? Is this thread then closed?
Ridley gets his own sub-forum, this thread is put into that sub-forum and will stay open until the thread reaches around 2,000 posts or so, then it'll probably be closed.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Please, all who discuss that leak, GTFO and go to that leak's thread. We don't need it here. We had enough problems during Brawl days. So, please, leave and go to right thread for this kind of stuff. If you will tell us that is is over and we can now abandon common sense and hope because of that leak, then f*** off, we don't need you. You are not better than those who believed Gematsu leak. This leak is Divine Beast Golden Gematsu 2.0 XX, but it is still a leak that wasn't proven to be completly legit. We had enough of that s**t with Gematsu and now it happens again.

Back to Ridley. Am i the only one who noticed that Ridley loses a finger on each hand in Brawl after becoming Meta Ridley? Is it just to make him look more like Prime Meta Ridley or what?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ridley gets his own sub-forum, this thread is put into that sub-forum and will stay open until the thread reaches around 2,000 posts or so, then it'll probably be closed.
2000 pages, not posts.

But let's look over content, shall we? We've had the Meta Knight + Samus pic. We had the ZSS alt costumes. Now we have the Meta Knight winged Pyrosphere pic. I think Nintendo's trying to build up the hype levels even further before the Ridley announcement.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
Back to Ridley. Am i the only one who noticed that Ridley loses a finger on each hand in Brawl after becoming Meta Ridley? Is it just to make him look more like Prime Meta Ridley or what?
He had to lose something in that explosion in the Brawl fight.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Also, how did Space Pirates replaced Ridley's neck without killing him? And it looks like he lost lower part of his body...but part of his legs is still organic...How?
2000 pages, not posts.

But let's look over content, shall we? We've had the Meta Knight + Samus pic. We had the ZSS alt costumes. Now we have the Meta Knight winged Pyrosphere pic. I think Nintendo's trying to build up the hype levels even further before the Ridley announcement.
It is possible only if Mewtwo and K.Rool will be announced too. That may actually happen soon if that info about direct will be revealed to be true.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
This damn leak has all of us big three supporters tore the hell up, and there doesn't look to be a sign of relief in site from any source and a newcomer trailer is still just as up in the air as it has been since late July. I'm officially to the point of nerve-racking frustration now. I still believe in Ridley for Smash though, but damn it, I'm not calm about it in the least bit.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
2000 pages, not posts.

Sorry, right, I meant pages, and I agree, I think they're hyping a Ridley announcement, I think he's still playable regardless of whatever leaks are out there.

This damn leak has all of us big three supporters tore the hell up, and there doesn't look to be a sign of relief in site from any source and a newcomer trailer is still just as up in the air as it has been since late July. I'm officially to the point of nerve-racking frustration now. I still believe in Ridley for Smash though, but damn it, I'm not calm about it in the least bit.
Yeah, same here. I think Ridley deserves to be in and should be in, but K. Rool is my #1 and all this crap is driving me nuts.

where is this info about a direct? can someone plz send me a link to it?
No confirmation whatsoever, just that Nintendo's messing around with Direct videos, and apparently the Hyrule Warriors Direct video (which is still private) has been changed around a bit. Maybe they're prepping up for a new Direct sometime soon, I'm not sure.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Please, all who discuss that leak, GTFO and go to that leak's thread. We don't need it here. We had enough problems during Brawl days. So, please, leave and go to right thread for this kind of stuff. If you will tell us that is is over and we can now abandon common sense and hope because of that leak, then f*** off, we don't need you. You are not better than those who believed Gematsu leak. This leak is Divine Beast Golden Gematsu 2.0 XX, but it is still a leak that wasn't proven to be completly legit. We had enough of that s**t with Gematsu and now it happens again.

I've heard of clipping wings with electricity, but an entire finger is just nonsense!
Pikachu, have you no sanity!?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ridley for me getting teased is a thing is second most wanted. I agree it becomes slightly annoying at least.

But My most wanted too and today? no, I can't be calm now.

He's really pushing teasing to the max now. I don't know until when, but I can tell you one thing:

The wait and the intensity of teasing should be worth the result.

Can we agree it was for the direct? Then, expect [opposite of "small"] trailer.

I got around a big joke, yay!!!

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
Ridley almost certainly playable, especially if that leak is real. Rejoice, we are most likely going to get our dragon.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Ok, next time I see a post mention the leak, I'm drinking the damned water. This is not a leak discussion thread, I am sick to death about hearing about it. SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO RIDLEY.

It is possible only if Mewtwo and K.Rool will be announced too. That may actually happen soon if that info about direct will be revealed to be true.
The Direct is likely to be a standard Direct, not a Smash Bros. Direct, and I'm still expecting (and hoping for) the Ridley reveal to be the week prior to release.

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
this is how Sakurai is making us feel: Woody: Sakurai Buzz: Ridley fans Mewtwo: Ridley

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
Ok, next time I see a post mention the leak, I'm drinking the damned water. This is not a leak discussion thread, I am sick to death about hearing about it. SHUT UP AND GET BACK TO RIDLEY.

The Direct is likely to be a standard Direct, not a Smash Bros. Direct, and I'm still expecting (and hoping for) the Ridley reveal to be the week prior to release.
they could also have another smash bros. direct before smash releases for the 3ds. look what they did with mario kart 8. i imagine they would reveal a ton of info on the 3ds and make another direct for the wiiu version when it gets close to its release launch.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Yea once ridley is reveal the saddness of the leak will disapear faster than a magician disapears.

Because 1 it prooves not every non dlc is on that leak and 2 it prooves it fake (number 1 is 95% to happen if risley is playable.)

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Yea once ridley is reveal the saddness of the leak will disapear faster than a magician disapears.

Because 1 it prooves not every non dlc is on that leak and 2 it prooves it fake (number 1 is 95% to happen if risley is playable.)
Actually, I think that it is real, the leak went to the leakers head with like how gematsu first one was legit, but the 2nd wasn't. so he ended up leaking the "dlc" Ridley isn't disconfirmed, that is NOT the full roster.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
they could also have another smash bros. direct before smash releases for the 3ds. look what they did with mario kart 8. i imagine they would reveal a ton of info on the 3ds and make another direct for the wiiu version when it gets close to its release launch.
I'm expecting a Smash Bros. Direct right before the 3DS release. The same way we got a Hyrule Warriors Direct right before that game's release. But the one being hyped now is likely just the standard Direct for this month. We have two weeks until the other one.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Supporting Ridley is dangerous work, it's worth it for the payoff if it happens, but anything could go wrong at any moment because Sakurai.

I will always believe in our purple reptilian fiend however, until the very end.

Mewtwoultima

Smash Apprentice
Wow, quite the rampant going around the smash world eh guys? I'm really sorry for all the stuff that I'm not going to talk about that you guys are trying to fight off. I'm honestly trying to ignore it and waiting to see what else develops. Just cross your guys fingers for an Ice Climbers or Lucas reveal.

Back to Ridley discussion, I don't think this buildup to him would be all for not since it comes off as immature and just downright cruel, which just adds fuel to the fire if were to be all for nothing. I really do think they're on to something with the buildup Ridley is getting. We just need some space pirate soup to cool our nerves and to just ignore any of those I'm not going to mention them gematsu 2.0's.

We can do this guys, we can pull through till the end! And at least put up a great fight trying.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I think what makes the leak convincing is how disappointing it is, with unwanted clones, DLCs, and plenty of cuts. So much for the "best character game in the world".

But I've thrown in my lot, so I can say that the lack of Ridley here makes the whole thing fake. That or an incomplete roster, but mostly fake.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
The problem here is that these people have been desperately asking for a link to the leak thread but nobody is giving it to them. So really, they don't know where to go. Don't say that they could "go looking for it" because they asked politely for the past 10 pages for it and, to my knowledge, nobody has given them a thread link.

so he ended up leaking the "dlc" Ridley isn't disconfirmed, that is NOT the full roster.
I'm very confident that Ridley will not be DLC. It's either in or out for him. Boss or playable. He can't work like Alfonzo either, it'd be too confusing. You really couldn't replace him with anyone other than another Ridley, which would be too confusing. People can't get the best of both worlds with Ridley. I'm very confident that the game will have some form of DLC, but it definitely won't be Ridley.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Supporting Ridley is dangerous work, it's worth it for the payoff if it happens, but anything could go wrong at any moment because Sakurai.

I will always believe in our purple reptilian fiend however, until the very end.
Wow, quite the rampant going around the smash world eh guys? I'm really sorry for all the stuff that I'm not going to talk about that you guys are trying to fight off. I'm honestly trying to ignore it and waiting to see what else develops. Just cross your guys fingers for an Ice Climbers or Lucas reveal.

Back to Ridley discussion, I don't think this buildup to him would be all for not since it comes off as immature and just downright cruel, which just adds fuel to the fire if were to be all for nothing. I really do think they're on to something with the buildup Ridley is getting. We just need some space pirate soup to cool our nerves and to just ignore any of those I'm not going to mention them gematsu 2.0's.

We can do this guys, we can pull through till the end! And at least put up a great fight trying.
Right here with you guys, were all going to see this thing through to the end.

Top Bottom