• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I take a very "Ridley disconfirmed" approach with leaks, so when I see posts like this, I'm put at ease by the idea that we have very talented fans.

It's also fundamentally wrong on several levels when you step back and just look at the newcomer choices, roster layout, and lack of Ridley. Because we're getting Ridley.
Disablad

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
The leak is absolutely ridiculous. There are both good points on both sides, and I can't make anything of it. Attempting to ignore its existence isn't going to work either I'm afraid.
What's worse, none of this is RIDLEY.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Pretty sure we knew about those details in the PoTD...And even if this horrible leak is true, it doesn't hurt Ridley, the A-hole who leaked it claimed there were other newcomers
Nope. Brand new room was in the leak. Famitsu showed that room today.

Confirmed to actually be "disabled"

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
E
If the new leaks are true, I want sheer fan demand to make Ridley a DLC character. And if he's not in, I want Sakurai to explain himself. You just do not tease a character mercilessly for a year to end it with a complete non-deliver. That is just bad business practice.
Even if it's real, it;s not the final roster.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
@ IsmaR IsmaR
I think we need a thread lock at this point. Some people have tried to drag this back to Ridley several times, but this is nothing but a leak discussion at this point. There is nothing new for Ridley, no new information, only wild and completely nonsensical scramblings for information from the leak and analysis/counter-analysis of stuff that has no official or meaningful support.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
@ IsmaR IsmaR
I think we need a thread lock at this point. Some people have tried to drag this back to Ridley several times, but this is nothing but a leak discussion at this point. There is nothing new for Ridley, no new information, only wild and completely nonsensical scramblings for information from the leak and analysis/counter-analysis of stuff that has no official or meaningful support.
This leak has everything in the world to do with Ridley.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
@ IsmaR IsmaR
Unfortunatly, I agree, it's Gematsu all over again!

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Even I am believing because of Tomodachi, but if its real we are getting Ridley
http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg
If you go read the source material, Dixie and Ridley were shoehorned in from other leaks that COULD fit, so the ninka leak that is currently playing out never mentioned dixie and ridley so they are left in the dark. I want it to be continuously known this leak is awful..

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
If you go read the source material, Dixie and Ridley were shoehorned in from other leaks that COULD fit, so the ninka leak that is currently playing out never mentioned dixie and ridley so they are left in the dark. I want it to be continuously known this leak is awful..
Wrong.

There was a leak before Neo and I ever released anything that said all these leak characters + Ridley and Dixie. that's why I think we're still getting them

Edit: Dooblay post apologies

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
You've got to be kidding right.

Getting Tomodachi life stage changes correct before it is unveiled is no "fake"
Again with all these assumptions. Where did this info come from? ESRB? They don't play the games, but if they did, why wouldn't everything be unlocked already? Why are there so many design errors/poor choices. It is either fake or outdated and offers little in the way of confirmation for the roster until gameplay is leaked and the leaker claims he has everyone.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Wrong.

There was a leak before Neo and I ever released anything that said all these leak characters + Ridley and Dixie. that's why I think we're still getting them

Edit: Dooblay post apologies
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Edit:

From Nintendo of Europe, not a PoTD, it's got the wings, Pyrosphere and is on the anniversary, not likely to be a straw grasp, even though I've been :4greninja:'ed
Gleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Don't worry guys.

I promise you the leak is not final.

I've been saying this since we saw the leak.

No way it is final so long as Dark Pit and Doc separated from their franchises.

I'm still all in for Ridley.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Randomized says enough in my eyes, but this really isn't the place to talk about it, Ridley WILL be playable as Nintendo recently teased Ridley AGAIN! TODAY!! ON THE ANNIVERSARY!!!

Omg.

I can't believe this, but really ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Did he seriously just teased Ridley TODAY?

I want source, NOW, because this can mean SO MUCH now.

Not because of Ridley...I guess I have to say it then...

Paper Mario got a tease enhancement on that Famitsu issue.

If Ridley indeed got teased enhancement on the same day, it not only means that Ridley is even more likely, but my case too and guess what, my case being teased helps yours too.

So, please, I want to know how he teased him. I'm about to freak out so just putting for ambiance:

This escalated rather quickly. My first 2 most wanted getting a tease on the same day while one of them is after a year exactly.

I can't believe it so please, source.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Omg.

I can't believe this, but really ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Did he seriously just teased Ridley TODAY?

I want source, NOW, because this can mean SO MUCH now.

If Ridley indeed got teased enhancement on the same day, it not only means that Ridley is even more likely, but my case too and guess what, my case being teased helps yours too.

So, please, I want to know how he teased him. I'm about to freak out so just putting for ambiance:

This escalated rather quickly. My first 2 most wanted getting a tease on the same day while one of them is after a year exactly.

I can't believe it so please, source.

Also, Famitsu said the stage was called Paper Mario...I think he might need a grave...Sorry for your loss anyway

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Wait.
Waiwaiwaiwaiwait
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!?
LINK ME IT
LINK ME IT
LINE ME IIIIIIIITTTTTT

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Also, Famitsu said the stage was called Paper Mario...I think he might need a grave...Sorry for your loss anyway
That's the actual opposite!!!

He did the same on July 29, but you cannot avoid to mention it if you use the SERIES context which is literally THE SAME NAME.

He never was clear on the context and for stage, it makes even less sense to be character context since everyone can play on it.

Also, the new segment is the most requested mario location for a stage. Where it comes? THE ONLY VERSION ON HANDHELD THAT IS PAPER MARIO RELATED!!! It's sticker star. There's a ton of version and they took this specific one.

Let's compare to Ridley:

August 20: double meaning quote that isn't clear so 50/50.

April 8: double meaning quote that isn't clear.

THE FREAKING SAME PATTERN OCCURED!!!

Both are teased again on that date that is the one year anniversary for one of the tease.

That's why I need to calm down. Listening to cornered from appolo justice as I type.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Don't worry guys.

I promise you the leak is not final.

I've been saying this since we saw the leak.

No way it is final so long as Dark Pit and Doc separated from their franchises.

I'm still all in for Ridley.
PROTOMAN

THE SUPER LEAKING ROBOT

PROTOMAN

FIGHTING TO SAVE THE ROSTER

TheGalaxyKnight

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IRNStudios
Any one else find it strange that Meta-Knight's wings have a very small vein like texture similar to the ones you can find on RIDLEY'S wings.

avgjoe

Smash Cadet
i've been looking at the tomodachi life rooms. while the leak room is similar, i noticed the carpet on the ground in the famitsu pic is much bigger. have a look:

I'm not sure where i stand with this one yet. and to those saying the leak doesn't concern Ridley, the fact that Ridley isn't in the leak kind of makes it a concern for me anyway and it seems more relevant than anything else we're talking about at the moment. Maybe whoever made it chose a room design from tomodachi life that had yet to be shown to further validate his leak. and that room just happened to be shown in famitsu. the fact that the carpet is a different size shows that the smash representation of the apartments isn't exactly 1/1 with the tomodachi life game, which may be something that the leaker incorrectly assumed.

EDIT: sorry guys... I'll stop talking about it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom