• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

glaqux

Smash Cadet
Double Post
Guys, playable bosses isn't going to be a thing, if only because playing as the Yellow Devil would be wretchedly dull. It only does TWO THINGS. Controlling it wouldn't be very interesting at all.
The idea of playable bosses is just weird why would they all of a sudden do that

It isn't but why even think about it

Last edited by a moderator:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Have we come to a solid conclusion about what we expect for Ridley's Final Smash yet?

I've heard people suggest a Space Pirate Raid, or a Meta/Omega Ridley transformation, but are there other ones we're overlooking?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, I tried and it turns out that the private video really does exist.
I love the "what could the Nintendo Direct be for?" bit. Because it's impossible for Nintendo to do a generic Direct, apparently. Even though we're due for a generic one this month.

Ridley is going to remain unannounced for two more weeks, guys. Stop freaking out about all the leaks. There are only going to be more and more as we go forward, and it's going to be way to hard to tell the real one from the fakes.

I'm wondering if Ridley may get a Samus style plasma breath blast as a Final Smash as well. Or a grab the enemies and slam them against a wall before dropping them type. We've suggested summons and transformations, a single powerful attack is the only option left, right?

glaqux

Smash Cadet
I love the "what could the Nintendo Direct be for?" bit. Because it's impossible for Nintendo to do a generic Direct, apparently. Even though we're due for a generic one this month.

Ridley is going to remain unannounced for two more weeks, guys. Stop freaking out about all the leaks. There are only going to be more and more as we go forward, and it's going to be way to hard to tell the real one from the fakes.

I'm wondering if Ridley may get a Samus style plasma breath blast as a Final Smash as well. Or a grab the enemies and slam them against a wall before dropping them type. We've suggested summons and transformations, a single powerful attack is the only option left, right?
That would be a great final smash!

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
Have we come to a solid conclusion about what we expect for Ridley's Final Smash yet?

I've heard people suggest a Space Pirate Raid, or a Meta/Omega Ridley transformation, but are there other ones we're overlooking?
I'm partial to a Captain Falcon-esque final smash where he would grab people within a close range to him then it'd go to a small cut scene of him grinding them against the wall of the Geothermal Power Plant like how CF's goes to Port Town Aero Dive Track and runs people down.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

I guess there's always that giant fireball/firestream he did in Other M that covered the entire arena which you had to jump over. Although kinda generic, I liked it because it reminded me of some of Bowser's fire attacks in the Galaxy games.

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Purple wings and Pyrosphere.. Y'all were expecting anything less teasing than that for Ridley's anniversary?

And some are still even going on about the debunked playable boss gimmick? Tsk tsk. You children have been very naughty.

edit: You're far from the first to point that out about Dark Samus despite other clones still getting in @ Saltwater. Still, the majority including myself agrees.

If I may ask, where is the evil Pyrosphere pic(s)? I haven't checked much of anything since there was TMI in the past few hours. Thanks!

I know about the playable boss gimmick, but I was only bringing it up since I really dislike it. It's not likely and I agree, but there is still no telling what Ridley could be right now. I'm not concerned about his chances much at this moment, and we will know far more about this leak in two days to a week or so.

In the end, I expected a day like the one we had last night. It doesn't change the fact that I was glued to the screen for about an hour. -_-

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
If I may ask, where is the evil Pyrosphere pic(s)? I haven't checked much of anything since there was TMI in the past few hours. Thanks!

I know about the playable boss gimmick, but I was only bringing it up since I really dislike it. It's not likely and I agree, but there is still no telling what Ridley could be right now. I'm not concerned about his chances much at this moment, and we will know far more about this leak in two days to a week or so.

In the end, I expected a day like the one we had last night. It doesn't change the fact that I was glued to the screen for about an hour. -_-
https://twitter.com/nintendoeurope/status/502138126211768320

Is that evil or what?

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773

Well it was just posted last page, but sure.

edit: Greninja'ed. Oh well.
If a playable boss gimmick were to happen it likely wouldn't be on the 3DS, only through the Wii U's gamepad, and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have such a feature only on one version of the game and not the other. Plus who would want to play as the Yellow Devil who only has two moves?

But yeah, I know what ya mean.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
...You know, there's this one guy on Miiverse who has multiple accounts, each named "Ridley Fan", and pretends to be a fanboy stereotype...the fact this sonuva b**ch has four or five of these terrify me.

You might wanna be careful with your speculating if you don't want us labeled like that.
Don't worry, that w*nker is a coward for not even daring to show themselves, so I say that you shouldn't worry about a internet troll, especially when the things Sakurai did point more to Playabley

Dracandros

Smash Cadet
Thank you both very much! I must have looked right at it as I was looking at the posts and thought nothing of it!

Sadly, I get to wait since I can't view it from work.

I certainly do not want to play as the Yellow Devil thank you very much. I also remember that it would have to be a Wii U Gamepad exclusive. As for Ridley, I really don't believe that it's the end result, and I really don't think being a stage hazard is the end result either.

I wonder if Nintendo will make a move soon since the teasing is still going on.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
NoE just tweeted a picture:
I immediately thought of Ridley.
Oh COME ON!

Speak of the devil...there may be hope for a direct soon after all!

http://www.gonintendo.com/s/235548-rumor-is-a-nintendo-direct-on-the-way
Oh COME ON! YEAH!

I guess there's always that giant fireball/firestream he did in Other M that covered the entire arena which you had to jump over. Although kinda generic, I liked it because it reminded me of some of Bowser's fire attacks in the Galaxy games.
Didn't he also have a similar attack in zero mission, where he shot a fireball that created a short shockwave on the surface it hits?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Didn't he also have a similar attack in zero mission, where he shot a fireball that created a short shockwave on the surface it hits?
Like the one in Super Metroid?

The first thing he does is fire a fireball that explodes in a shockwave when it hits the wall.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Made me think of this tweet I saw.

It's amazing how much the wings resemble Ridley's when you look at them cropped. (I know this has been discussed before.)

Why does everywhere but NoA tweet Smash Pictures. All we get is horrible memes and alerts when a VC game comes out. ;-;
I really think that Sakurai made Meta Knight's render like that on purpose....because he could have done something with the cape, but nope, he made it with his wings extended.....and now that pic by NoE...in the Pyrosphere...damn.

More Ridley stuff for later....

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

The first thing he does is fire a fireball that explodes in a shockwave when it hits the wall.
Yeah that one. Other M's explosive fireball is most likely based on that attack. I thought it'd make a very nice neutral B custom move.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
That NoE tease...They KNOW about what's going on, yet they are still not revealing Ridley's role to end the arguments. Nintendo, I love you with every cell in my body, but goddamn, this is MEAN
To be honest, I doubt it was really intended as some sort of poke at us. But I do hope it was...any bit of acknowledgment of our existence is yet another straw to be added to our massive bundle of straws that we can grasp at at our leisure.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I don't think so but don't remember for certain. From my memory ZM Ridley only shot a lot of the smaller fireballs, and a few bigger ones but were slower and would give you extra health/missiles if you destroyed 'em. Roidley's giant fire attack on the other hand wasn't preventable as he was doing it.

I don't think he had that in Zero Mission though, unless the bigger but slower fireballs made a small shockwave if the player allowed them to hit the ground.

Man, reminds me how much the Ridley encounters in every other 2D game were watered down versions of his Super Metroid fights.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
To be honest, I doubt it was really intended as some sort of poke at us. But I do hope it was...any bit of acknowledgment of our existence is yet another straw to be added to our massive bundle of straws that we can grasp at at our leisure.
It can not be a coincidence if they do it on pyrosphere with those wings on the anniversary

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think so but don't remember for certain. From my memory ZM Ridley only shot a lot of the smaller fireballs, and a few bigger ones but were slower and would give you extra health/missiles if you destroyed 'em. Roidley's giant fire attack on the other hand wasn't preventable as he was doing it.

I don't think he had that in Zero Mission though, unless the bigger but slower fireballs made a small shockwave if the player allowed them to hit the ground.

Man, reminds me how much the Ridley encounters in every other 2D game were watered down versions of his Super Metroid fights.
The big, slow fireballs don't create a shockwave, but they do stick around after hitting the wall.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I really think that Sakurai made Meta Knight's render like that on purpose....because he could have made done something with the cape, but nope, he made it with his wings extended.....and now that pic by NoE...in the Pyrosphere...damn.

More Ridley stuff for later....
I agree, he probably did do that. Why not just give him a cape, or if his tiny wings standard for when a non-flying model?

If he really did do that just to tease Ridley, that would be huge. This "tease" render is going to stay with everyone for potentially the next ten years (until Smash 5 is released). I don't know where I was going with this last paragraph...

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I agree, he probably did do that. Why not just give him a cape, or if his tiny wings standard for when a non-flying model?
Sakurai: I noticed people were talking about Meta Knight's wings, so I gave him butterfly wings instead. And no, I have no clue who this Riplee person is, don't ask me about it

Last edited:

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Wait so a direct just got announced?
Not exactly. Heavily implied, though. Apparently there's a private video titled Nintendo Direct when you look up Nintendo Direct.

If you didn't know: It's easier for content creators (Such as Nintendo) to upload all their videos for a day as private videos. That way they don't have to deal with hour long processing times when trying to put the Nintendo Direct at the same time it goes live on the site. Sakurai has good timing, but nobody can time that down to the second.

EDIT: :4greninja:

Last edited:

hotcrumpets

Smash Journeyman
I know don't talk about the leak in the Ridley thread, but this is good news. So IF the leak is real then we are getting Ridley
http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg This was posted a month ago and lines up with the recent roster leak, it got Gaur plains, Bowser Jr. Using the Koopa car, Duck hunt dog using the Duck, and had the same characters plus Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo. I don't believe the roster leak but if it is real we are getting Ridley.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know don't talk about the leak in the Ridley thread, but this is good news. So IF the leak is real then we are getting Ridley
http://i.imgur.com/ERZBZqB.jpg This was posted a month ago and lines up with the recent roster leak, it got Gaur plains, Bowser Jr. Using the Koopa car, Duck hunt dog using the Duck, and had the same characters plus Ridley, Dixie, and Mewtwo. I don't believe the roster leak but if it is real we are getting Ridley.
Isn't that the Ninrose leak or something?

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
I should clarify this: People found a Direct listed as a private video, it doesn't mean anything though, it's got the same URL from the Hyrule Warriors direct
I have a question.

Is it this HW Direct?

Top Bottom