• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
We don't have many good options left after Ridley. We've got Kraid and some one-time bounty hunters. That or we look into generic enemies or something.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
This has become like theism and atheism (ironically, i'm studying for a philosophy exam today).

Either you believe he's in, even when presented with a lot of doubt, you still hold on to faith (and people call you foolish or insane when really see no contradiction, though that's subjective in this case)
Or you don't, providing conclusions based on evidence that doesn't wholly satisfy your case, but enough for the masses to say there's no way it exists.

I feel, as I am with belief in a deity, that I'm agnostic to this situation. I'll suspend belief about either or as both provide sufficient evidence for whether Ridley is a hazard or Ridley is playable. I've always held this position, as if he were in, I'd be delighted for the Metroid representation and frankly because it's interesting. But if he wasn't in, I wouldn't enjoy the game any less. Seriously, if before the direct you thought it was bad, it's just gotten worse.

I have many points for and against, but I feel like saving it for a video I'll be making in coming weeks (if the situation stays the same). If I end up doing so, I'll link it here.

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
We don't have many good options left after Ridley. We've got Kraid and some one-time bounty hunters. That or we look into generic enemies or something.
The Chozo come to mind but do I recall them being pacifists from the lore. I would of also mentioned Dark Samus but we all know what they turned her into.......our only hope is Ridley really.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Hm...There's Weavel. He's a Space Pirate (probably a Kihunter) that had his brain put into a cybernetic body. He can also turn his lower body into a turret and have his torso fly around, shooting everything. (That actually sounds like an awesome assist trophy)

Or Sylux. He's totally mysterious, but fans really love him.

But if I had to choose a non-Ridley Metroid rep with ANY chance, I'd back the ONLY likable character from Other M.

Last edited:

Substitute

Smash Apprentice
Hm...There's Weevil. He's a Space Pirate (probably a Kihunter) that had his brain put into a cybernetic body. He can also turn his lower body into a turret and have his torso fly around, shooting everything. (That actually sounds like an awesome assist trophy)

Or Sylux. He's totally mysterious, but fans really love him.

But if I had to choose a non-Ridley Metroid rep with ANY chance, I'd back the ONLY likable character from Other M.

[REMEMBER ME? INTENSIFIES]
I just want to say that I love your username and avi.
Hey Isman. It's Rocky from SmashCentral lol.

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like I don't want to even think about this Ridley situation right now because it could go either way really, as it did before and always has. Here's hoping a random PotD will give us hints or something to speculate more about, even just more pics of Pyrosphere or then some other stage bosses could help us determine the situation better.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
This has become like theism and atheism (ironically, i'm studying for a philosophy exam today).

Either you believe he's in, even when presented with a lot of doubt, you still hold on to faith (and people call you foolish or insane when really see no contradiction, though that's subjective in this case)
Or you don't, providing conclusions based on evidence that doesn't wholly satisfy your case, but enough for the masses to say there's no way it exists.

I feel, as I am with belief in a deity, that I'm agnostic to this situation. I'll suspend belief about either or as both provide sufficient evidence for whether Ridley is a hazard or Ridley is playable. I've always held this position, as if he were in, I'd be delighted for the Metroid representation and frankly because it's interesting. But if he wasn't in, I wouldn't enjoy the game any less. Seriously, if before the direct you thought it was bad, it's just gotten worse.

I have many points for and against, but I feel like saving it for a video I'll be making in coming weeks (if the situation stays the same). If I end up doing so, I'll link it here.
There's a distinction between theism and gnosticism. The former concerns belief, and the latter knowledge.

The rational position to hold at the moment -- concerning Ridley's status -- is, at the very least, agnosticism. Given the lack of explicit confirmation, you can't say that you know Ridley is X or Y in the context of SSB4 (regardless of implicit or indirect insinuation or allusion).

You can, however, believe or disbelieve that he is playable, or a stage element, or whatever else, and for whatever reason. Belief, after all, is simply the state of accepting something as being true or probably true (though how and why you'd accept or reject a proposition can be for any reason, or a combination of reasons).

Because I'm only interested in the knowledge of Ridley's status, I'm agnostic in regards his actual role. In terms of belief (or opinion), I take no stance, because I prefer not to make uninformed judgements.

Much like yourself, the game already has me sold. Though I would prefer that at least a couple of my Wanted characters get in (K Rool, Mewtwo, Takamaru, etc.).

Theism and Philosophy are topics of interest of mine, so I kind of jumped at the opportunity. In any case, good luck on your exam. :)

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
...oh, damn it.....i hope i could do some more Ridley related stuff on my vacations...and don't let the lazyness take over me.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
There's a distinction between theism and gnosticism. The former concerns belief, and the latter knowledge.

The rational position to hold at the moment -- concerning Ridley's status -- is, at the very least, agnosticism. Given the lack of explicit confirmation, you can't say that you know Ridley is X or Y in the context of SSB4 (regardless of implicit or indirect insinuation or allusion).

You can, however, believe or disbelieve that he is playable, or a stage element, or whatever else, and for whatever reason. Belief, after all, is simply the state of accepting something as being true or probably true (though how and why you'd accept or reject a proposition can be for any reason, or a combination of reasons).

Because I'm only interested in the knowledge of Ridley's status, I'm agnostic in regards his actual role. In terms of belief (or opinion), I take no stance, because I prefer not to make uninformed judgements.

Much like yourself, the game already has me sold. Though I would prefer that at least a couple of my Wanted characters get in (K Rool, Mewtwo, Takamaru, etc.).

Theism and Philosophy are topics of interest of mine, so I kind of jumped at the opportunity. In any case, good luck on your exam. :)
You certainly schooled me xD but thank you kind sir. Philosophy is real interesting, and applicable to many things in life (Even smash bros speculation)

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
You certainly schooled me xD but thank you kind sir. Philosophy is real interesting, and applicable to many things in life (Even smash bros speculation)
I'm just some guy with Internet access. But you're certainly welcome. 8D

I'd also like to amend my brief meditation on belief and knowledge, since I'm here. Refraining from taking a stance on belief or nonbelief for Ridley's inclusion or exclusion does not imply cognitive dissonance -- which is believing something you know isn't true, or believing something to be true contrary to existing factual information or knowledge.

As a result, those who currently believe that Ridley is playable (or will be revealed as such) are not in a state of cognitive dissonance (or are delusional, or so on). And this, because his factual role in the game remains to be explicitly confirmed. They cannot believe something contrary to reality if that reality is not yet known to us -- and thus cannot be delusional.

Now, if Ridley is shown to be purely a stage element, then one could assert that such people were retrospectively delusional. But then again, hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? ;)

Philosophy is for nerds.
Nerds are for Trick or Treat.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
How "loud" were Ridley fans in expressing their support between the announcement of Smash 4 at E3 2012, and the reveal trailer at E3 2013?

I think E3 2013 is probably the latest that Sakurai could have added a character to the roster, so I'm really curious as to what a Nintendo employee, Sakurai, etc would have seen on the internet / Miiverse in regards to wanted characters and Ridley in particular from 2011 to E3 2013.

Was Ridley far in the lead with Mewtwo, as he's been since E3 2013?

My only slight worry is that Sakurai might have taken the pulse of the fans' playable character desires at a time where Ridley supporters weren't as vocal on the internet and elsewhere.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
My main is almost never the character I want a ton, last game it was King D3 of all people and now I love him too (originally mained sonic since he was my most wanted besides wolf)
I know that feeling.

Pointless story time:
In Melee I was planning to main Fox, despite never playing a Star Fox game before (though now I've played Star Fox games, I kinda wish I didn't, because Fox is boring). When I found out Mewtwo was in Melee, I planned to main him. Kirby, Link, Samus were good contenders for my mains as well.
When I got to play Mewtwo in Melee, he was nothing like I imagined (sluggish, incredibly melee oriented) and could never get used to him. Mewtwo became "main" #4.
Kirby I loved to play, but had a hard time using him, and I was really tempted to just spam the Up+B move, and Up throws because it's just so friggin awesome. Though Kirby's main flaw was that his taunt was trolly as heck, and I do love taunt-spamming, I just can't help myself when I'm waiting on my enemy. So Kirby didn't even get to be a main in Melee. Samus was more Melee focused than I though, and when learning Samus originally I hated the heck out of her forward aerial and Up Smash because bots are basicly guarunteed to hit you use it on them. Her awkward moves were her main flaw. Samus became "main" #5.
As for Fox, for a few years Fox, Link, and Marth had a long battle to be my Main for a years, but in the end Fox became my 3rd Main. While I do love speed, the lack of range is what killed Fox for me. Though I still use Fox very often (No items, Fox Only, Final Destination is quite fun against computers too :bubblebobble:). Link + Marth then had a 5+ year battle to become my main. On one side, Link having his projectiles, and just feeling better when he hits and enemy (especially down aerial and Sword Spin). The other side, Marth having the quick-long-range but safe melee with a very nice movement in the air, and a nice counter. In the end Marth won the battle, and I generally practice with Marth by fighting 2 or 3 level 9 CPU depending on what type of character they are and where I'm fighting.

As for Brawl, Meta Knight was the character I wanted the most, but I don't think I could ever main him because he's just so gosh darn boring to play/watch. Though MK did teach me to be more aggressive off-stage though for a while.... before staying on the stage again because it feels so dirty to kill someone that's trying to recover. It just doesn't feel honorable.
I did get to guess mains since I watched brawl a bit before I had a chance to play it. Ike was one of the likely ones, but in the end he was just waaaaay too slow for me to love, even if anytime he hits something it feels glorious.
Pokemon Trainer (mainly Charizard and gimmick), Link, Lucario, Wolf O'Donnell, and R.O.B were all guessed right for probability of being a main as they are the 5 I cannot decide between right now. After Meta Knight, these characters had no one above them in my guesses, except for Pit, who was above R.O.B. and tied with Wolf. While I love playing Pit, there were a couple things unfairly keeping him back. #1 The other 5 characters mentioned, I liked the style and nostalgic moments for them. However, I never played a Kid Icarus game before (unless you count 10 minutes of the NES Kid Icarus). I'm not much of a fan for goodie goodie two-shoes characters either. However, his speakable taunts, and he weapon (and it's gameplay) are what drew me to loving Pit. If I had played the new Kid Icarus game(s) I might have learned to love Pit and he'd be one of the mains #2 Someone I talk to often, and is the best smash I know (the only one that can even go toe to toe with a Level 9 computer) hates it when I use Pit's taunts or arrows (not even spamming, just throwing one in randomly to catch that person off-guard makes them unhappy. Funny that doesn't happen with Link).

Totally not avoiding doing something by writing a long post. :applejack:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Leaning more towards trolling because this is incredibly malicious on Sakurai's part. That's not normal.

Skull Kid: Quick and to the point.
Starfy: Quick and to the point.
Ashley: Quick and to the point.
Viridi: Quick and to the point.
Waluigi: Quick and to the point. (Albiet a bit harsh in phrasing.)
Isabelle: Quick and to the point.
Dark Samus: Quick and to the point.
Eevee: Quick and to the point.
Victini: Quick and to the point.
Tiki: Quick and to the point.
Every direct character disconfirmation ever: Quick and to the point.

See a pattern? (Hint: Quick and to the point.) It just doesn't make sense to hype him up so much for a boss/glorified stage hazard unless he's underestimated how much we like Ridley/overestimated how much we would like the boss stages. He's never intentionally malicious in his actions. He's been very consistent about that. The few times that he has done something really malicious (unintentionally, of course), he tries to fix it (see: tripping removed, putting a Waluigi plush on his desk to show that he does like him after being so unintentionally harsh, improved online). I'm almost positive that he's either trying to surprise us with a normally unsurprising character or that he genuinely thought this was something we'd enjoy. I really respect Sakurai and believe that he's not the type of person to intentionally hurt a character's fanbase like he has done if Ridley's just a boss.

Just my two cents.

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
I've had a change of heart. Something is very fishy about the way Sakurai makes reference to Ridley on the Pyrosphere. It would have been so easy to just show him. But why only show his shadow when it's obvious who the boss character for the Pyrosphere is? Then of course there's that Other M clone argument. Finally, there's the increasing plausibility of either Brawl cuts or a 50+ character roster thanks to the reveal of Charizard and Greninja, which makes room for a third character slot for Metroid.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Just a quick write up here.

Dark Lord and Yellow Devil were revealed as soon as the stage was...

To further prove the point, all other stages (barring maybe Pyrosphere) have no boss in sight.

It's obvious Sakurai is hyping Ridley up (at this point, badly I might add)...

But for what?

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace

To further prove the point, all other stages (barring maybe Pyrosphere) have no boss in sight.

But for what?
"Ridley is revealed. Space Pirates have taken over the Smash Universe. Smash is now cancelled!" *dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn*

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087
Sooooooo has anything noteworthy been claimed from that clip?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Hey Isman. It's Rocky from SmashCentral lol.
No ****. Thought I'd see you in here eventually. Welcome to the site!

But for what?
Your guess is as good as anyone's. Doubt Sakurai would leave us hanging for no reason after all this time.

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
No ****. Thought I'd see you in here eventually. Welcome to the site!

Your guess is as good as anyone's. Doubt Sakurai would leave us hanging for no reason after all this time.
Are the Witch Sisters and the thing in the Find Mii stage even bosses in the same sense that Yellow Devil is? With Yellow Devil we know you can defeat him and that this can change the flow of the match. Kotake and Koume just seem to cause some chaos by shooting players with fire and ice. The same can be the case for the Dark Lord.

Yellow Devil is the only confirmed stage "boss" while Ridley's shadow was shown when he suggested there are others.

Last edited:

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
Alright I was gonna avoid posting in this thread since things are a little emotionally charged for my taste (though they seem to have calmed down a lot), but today's post daily post made me think of Kirby Air Ride which made me think of something possibly relevant that I don't think has been mentioned yet(though I could be totally wrong, I haven't had the time to read all of the posts in this thread).

A few people, notably JohnKnight, have been talking about the possibility of Ridley as a playable boss, which I personally think is the most likely situation that ends with Ridley being playable at this point. Anyway, Johnknight has been mentioning how common playable bosses are in fighting games which is true, but what I think is more notable is that Sakurai himself has done something very similar to the hypothetical situation of Ridley being a playable boss. In Kirby Air ride, one of the city trail challenges was a boss fight against a HUGE DDD. If you beat him in under a minute(which is REALLY hard) you unlocked a downsized(but still bigger than everyone else) version of him as a playable character in city trial. In the same vein, you might unlock Ridley by killing him enough times on his level or killing him fast in Smash Run, assuming the level bosses double as challenges there like I expect they will.

There's a lot of commonalities between this and a playable boss situation for Ridley. Obviously both characters would be unlockable boss characters. Both are characters who make sense to start off as bosses given their role in their games. Both characters would likely have a playable version that is downsized compared to the boss version. Both characters were very wanted for their game(I'm just assuming that for DeDeDe, I didn't keep up with pre- game hype for air-ride but I'm guessing Dedede was very wanted in a freakn' Kirby game), but would nonetheless be kept a secret (me and my friends were shocked when we unlocked Dedede). Though of course there are also many differences, such as a boss to character conversion probably being harder in Smash than in Air Ride.

Sakurai loves doing things he did in one game in other games, almost to the point where a precedent for one of his games could be considered a precedent for all of his games.

Just for the record, I don't think Ridley will be playable and I've never cared(I just don't care for Ridley), but I thought I'd give some food for thought for those of you who do care.

TL;DR: King Dedede was a playable boss in Air Ride.

ChainArmour712

Smash Cadet
I am thinking that for a 50 person roster somebody like Waluigi would have likely been more considered for a spot, for what it's worth. Also johnknight had a good point about unlockable bosses, depends on if Ridley is a mainstream favorite or a hardcore fan candidate? If he has mainstream popularity which might be implied by the numerous references, then it makes sense to put his potential involvement out there as a selling point to the game. If he is not widely known by joe on the street, then he could still make it in as a secret unlock. Still though I gotta think that any newcomer would get hyped for marketing.

I also have another idea, since Ridley was mentioned in a boss context but his model and behavior could translate to being playable: what if sakurai is testing the reaction of the fanbase to determine wether it makes sense to spend extra effort to program and balance Ridley to be playable? To create a model and shadow for Ridley shows that he is highly aware of the character and has spent time designing and programming his actions. The ambiguity also seems to leave the door open for playability for whatever reason when he could have just come out and confirmed one way or the other. I am also assuming the Facebook post was also written by or signed off on by Sakurai, it seems telling that it left things ambiguous when it should have been obvious some fans were confused by Ridleys part; when skull kid was shown he was direct in saying it was not playable when the potential was there at that point to conclude differently.

lilt

Smash Journeyman
That's an illusion caused by Ridley's tail swaying back and forth
Look at the video again
I did and I'm still seeing Pikachu grabbed by Ridley. He clearly is above ground and swings with Ridley's movement. It wasn't my idea first at all.

I made a picture about Ridley's rough size:

I compared Yellow Devil to Samus and Bowser. From there on, I compared Pikachu with Samus and Bowser,then Pikachu's and Ridley's shadow. Now you can guess how big Ridley is in comparison with Samus, Bowser, Yellow Devil,Pikachu and his boss-appearance in Brawl. Also, I extended the height of Ridley's shadow a bit (green), because his head's shadow disappears in that of his body.
Take this with a big grain of salt, but to me, it seems that his body size is much smaller than Yellow Devils or that of his Brawl appearance. Only a bit bigger then Bowsers or Samus'. It may be the case, that we actually saw a playable version of him, shrunken down to do so.

- Pikachu had an encounter with Ridley before. Coincidence?
- When showing the direct's King Kihunter Trophy, Ridley's Boss theme played, even if Kihunter has is own.
- All the vaque information the past half year about Ridley beeing a stage hazard on Pyrosphere.
- "Other boss appearances" quote while showing his shadow on Pyrosphere, but neither exactly stating him nor that Pyrosphere has a boss at all.

-> Everything should make us think that Ridley is indeed a boss. But why wasn't it ever confirmed to clearly be the case? Like with all the assist trophys recent confirmed? Something's fishy about all this.

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Yeah with Dark Samus disconfirmed there isn't really anyone left.
After Ridley + Dark Samus, no one really has any "star power" left you mean.
As for the other possible newcomers that at least have something going for them:
Chozo - While not really requested a lot, it's "important" to the story and they've definently left some impressions in Super Metroid + Metroid Prime when you fight them. Always nice to see people freak out whenever they wake up in Super Metroid, or when they start "teleporting" around the room in Metroid Prime). They could have an interesting style. Not really a character I'm hoping for
Hunters - I like their ideas, but I think they are going to remain 1 shot characters because of how easy it is to make new hunters (and tailor them towards the gameplay + story). Which is a shame because they look cool
Adam - While I find this guy boring (and hate him a tiny bit), he was in the Manga (which I haven't read much of) and in Other M (which I've only watched). Though it seems there's enough importance to him. There's one thing I do like about Other M, they killed him off. Inb4 he got out just in the nick of time. =/
Anthony - At this point, just Other M, not really important enough to bother with. Though if they do decide to bring him back they could do some good things with him
Kraid is quite difficult to imagine, but could be done (dem fakeout Kraids in Super Metroid before you fight Kraid... I wish I played the original Metroid first, that would have been so awesome). Due to Kraid's theme of being larger than life, him as a boss is the only thing I really see him realisticly being in Smash.
Mother Brain (already deconfirmed in this Smash obviously) has a very slim chance at being playable in some future Smash due to her importance. Though her as a Boss/Assist Trophy makes just too much sense due to her being rather immobile (except for final form of Super Metroid Mother Brain), and being the brains behind all the enemies.... Literally.

While hunters are popular, I think Chozo are the most likely because Sakurai is weird like that. Whatever the case, I think anyone after Dark Samus+Ridley should be kept until SSB6 IF they ever decided to have more than 4 slots. Which 4 slots is more than enough for Metroid anyways imo for now. Samus is just too good at killing people.... and planets.

Alright I was gonna avoid posting in this thread since things are a little emotionally charged for my taste (though they seem to have calmed down a lot), but today's post daily post made me think of Kirby Air Ride which made me think of something possibly relevant that I don't think has been mentioned yet(though I could be totally wrong, I haven't had the time to read all of the posts in this thread).

A few people, notably JohnKnight, have been talking about the possibility of Ridley as a playable boss, which I personally think is the most likely situation that ends with Ridley being playable at this point. Anyway, Johnknight has been mentioning how common playable bosses are in fighting games which is true, but what I think is more notable is that Sakurai himself has done something very similar to the hypothetical situation of Ridley being a playable boss. In Kirby Air ride, one of the city trail challenges was a boss fight against a HUGE DDD. If you beat him in under a minute(which is REALLY hard) you unlocked a downsized(but still bigger than everyone else) version of him as a playable character in city trial. In the same vein, you might unlock Ridley by killing him enough times on his level or killing him fast in Smash Run, assuming the level bosses double as challenges there like I expect they will.

There's a lot of commonalities between this and a playable boss situation for Ridley. Obviously both characters would be unlockable boss characters. Both are characters who make sense to start off as bosses given their role in their games. Both characters would likely have a playable version that is downsized compared to the boss version. Both characters were very wanted for their game(I'm just assuming that for DeDeDe, I didn't keep up with pre- game hype for air-ride but I'm guessing Dedede was very wanted in a freakn' Kirby game), but would nonetheless be kept a secret (me and my friends were shocked when we unlocked Dedede). Though of course there are also many differences, such as a boss to character conversion probably being harder in Smash than in Air Ride.

Sakurai loves doing things he did in one game in other games, almost to the point where a precedent for one of his games could be considered a precedent for all of his games.

Just for the record, I don't think Ridley will be playable and I've never cared(I just don't care for Ridley), but I thought I'd give some food for thought for those of you who do care.

TL;DR: King Dedede was a playable boss in Air Ride.
Later in the direct, it was mentioned that the Smash power up mode took influence from Kirby's Air Ride. Which was funny cause when I watched it with my niece she was thinking the same thing (and brought it up [I usually avoid starting talk in videos though, it's like interrupting a movie]).

Playable boss is always a possibility. I don't see why it could be possible, especially since is easily possible that everyone that has played smash as fought the same character as themselves at one point.Also Bowser...

Whether or not Dedede was requested or not since he was the final boss of the first game, and is usually the boss after Meta Knight and before the final boss ever since Kirby's Adventure.

As for Sakurai doing things he did in other games.... That might be why I love subspace a bunch, since the Kirby series is my other favorite Nintendo franchise, and I found out that it was Sakurai's little project long after I considered them my favorites. Only problem with Subspace is that it feels easy compared to some of the Kirby games (At least Kirby's Adventure and Kirby Superstar since I played those the most since I own them).

As for Ridley, I think you have to be at least a somewhat big Metroid fan to love him, since Nintendo doesn't seem to show the face of any Nintendo character besides Samus that much. Personally his Super Metroid appearance left an impression on me.

Steelia

Smash Champion
But for what?
Obviously being saved to be apart of a special Stage Boss reveal montage in the next (Smash) Direct, with Ridley leading the bunch. I wish I wasn't being serious :(

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeah Ridley does seem way smaller than bosses like the Find Mii guy or Yellow Devil. I mean people on Gamefaqs compared him to his Brawl appearance, but I don't think they took into account how the shadows are all skewed to look larger / taller whatever toward the back right of the stage because of the lighting.

Also we don't know Koume and Kotake are a boss, but we did briefly see the Find Mii guy in the player plane. So I assume he's a boss.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I did and I'm still seeing Pikachu grabbed by Ridley. He clearly is above ground and swings with Ridley's movement. It wasn't my idea first at all.

I made a picture about Ridley rough size:

I compared Yellow Devil to Samus and Bowser. From there on, I compared Pikachu with Samus and Bowser,then Pikachu's and Ridley's shadow. Now you can guess how big Ridley is in comparison with Samus, Bowser, Yellow Devil,Pikachu and his boss-appearance in Brawl. Also, I extended the height of Ridley's shadow a bit (green), because his head's shadow disappears in that of his body.
Take this with a big grain of salt, but to me, it seems that his body size is much smaller than Yellow Devils or that of his Brawl appearance. Only a bit bigger then Bowsers or Samus'. It may be the case, that we actually saw a playable version of him, shrunken down to do so.

- Pikachu had an encounter with Ridley before. Coincidence?
- When showing the direct's King Kihunter Trophy, Ridley's Boss theme played, even if Kihunter has is own.
- All the vaque information the past half year about Ridley beeing a stage hazard on Pyrosphere.
- "Other boss appearances" quote while showing his shadow on Pyrosphere, but neither exactly stating him nor that Pyrosphere has a boss at all.

-> Everything should make us think that Ridley is indeed a boss. But why wasn't it ever confirmed to clearly be the case? Like with all the assist trophys recent confirmed? Something's fishy about all this.
Hahaha this was something that was involved of my saying

I have the shadow making ridley look like he's huge

In other words we ahoulden't be asking is ridley a boss we should be asking how big is ridley when his shadow appeared

Because of a shadow like this

In some light angle makes shadows make people look taller bigger or smaller or shorter or fatter.

What supports this theory is pikachus tail when ridley grabs him his tall gets the tall effect

Last edited:

AndreaAC

If Sakurai starts teasing us again, and lastly (i hope that it does not happen) deconfirms Ridley, i would like that the karma strikes him back like this:
combined-gifs-frozen-ice-elsa.gif

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You guys still trying to work out what Ridley is? I'm more confident than before he's playable honestly than stage hazard. Whole thing seemed suspicious to me.

In the spirit of excitement for you guys maybe finally getting the newcomer you so badly deserve here's a picture I drew over in the Toad thread(you can imagine the Toad brigade as you lot if you like):

ADVENTURE TIME!

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I've only seen one person compare the shadow to Brawl Ridley so far, but all I have to say that they need to take another look at Brawl Ridley again. He's just so absurdly huge in it.

Though, I think the majority of people do not see Pikachu in the shadow, because I couldn't see Pikachu at first until someone pointed it out (before I thought it was Ridley's leg just looking funny). So embarassing to clearly see Pikachu's lightning tail when it gets pointed out.

AndreaAC

You guys still trying to work out what Ridley is? I'm more confident than before he's playable honestly than stage hazard. Whole thing seemed suspicious to me.

In the spirit of excitement for you guys maybe finally getting the newcomer you so badly deserve here's a picture I drew over in the Toad thread(you can imagine the Toad brigade as you lot if you like):

ADVENTURE TIME!
:3 AWESOME DRAWING AND AWESOME COLORING!

Last edited:

ADVENTURE TIME!
Gugh

Both Toad and Ridley supporters...

I don't want to do the same thing I did to the Toad supporters. Being the devil's advocate when it comes to these things

So **** it. Be positive and stay awesome

- Toad brigade leader

Last edited:
Top Bottom