• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
The quote was other bosses make appearances other bosses make appearances alright but not all of them are bosses

I'm doing morly like a loop hole of what his quote was. Is what I mean't

Oh by the way I think people saying your in denial they're the ones In denial. I mean suspicious stuff about Ridleys appearance on the stage they are not taking it literally just like with some people with OMG greninja deconfirmed mewtwo

But I'm on both sides accually 75% checking evidence that he could have trolled us yet again 25% saying I'm not getting my hopes up of ridley being playable
Yeah really. I am pretty sure the only people who are in denial are... what.

1. People who think there is no chance of Ridley not being playable at this stage? Which I think is literally nobody right now.
2. People who think there is no chance of Ridley being playable despite the evidence that him being playable is still a living possibility.

People sitting here and taking note of the suspicious nature of Ridley while bracing for the possibility of him not being playable are probably the LEAST in denial of anyone.

I'm doing morly like a loop hole of what his quote was. Is what I mean't
Believe me when I say this but if you're trying to make things positive for Ridley, that's not one way of doing it.
Oh by the way I think people saying your in denial they're the ones in denial
Really? You're calling those people who believe Ridley's hopeless in denial?

When even your own Ridley-supporter brethren believe that Ridley's **** canned, that ain't denial no more. That's either looking at it on paper or just being plain negative and doing the "Wait and see" strategy.

Good things come to those who wait. By good, I mean either "Ridley will be confirmed and your pessimism will be a joke" or "Ridley's ****ed and your pessimism saves you from depression"
I mean suspicious stuff about Ridleys appearance on the stage they are not taking it literally just like with some people with OMG greninja deconfirmed mewtwo
Those people that say Mewtwo's screwed are delusional. Well, kind of. Not really but still, they're kinda too jumpy

Last edited:

Shinru202

Smash Journeyman
NNID
shinryu2
3DS FC
2809-8719-6664

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKlrCDoQgQ
People are disappointed that Ridley would be a stage hazard.......but do you think that Ridley would be ONLY A STAGE HAZARD?

Ridley has the capability to be BOTH a stage hazard and a playable character.
I think that Sakurai is building hype by making us think that Ridley's fate is sealed as a stage hazard....I guess we just have to wait for E3 2014.

If Ridley is chosen as a playable character in the Pyrosphere.......nothing shows up as a stage hazard since the stage hazard himself is on the battlefield.
This would make Ridley a unique one-of-a-kind character.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I really don't believe that Ridley is going to be both. I think he either is or he isn't. And if he isn't, he's one bizarre and poorly-behaving boss if I've ever seen one.

MagnesD3

Smash Master

People are disappointed that Ridley would be a stage hazard.......but do you think that Ridley would be ONLY A STAGE HAZARD?

I think that Sakurai is building hype by making us think that Ridley's fate is sealed as a stage hazard....I guess we just have to wait for E3 2014.

If Ridley is chosen as a playable character in the Pyrosphere.......nothing shows up as a stage hazard since the stage hazard himself is on the battlefield.
I think the shadow is of a playable ridley to be honest, It looks small and doesnt act like a boss would, I also think he picked up pikachu with some type of air grab move. Im beginning to wonder as well if ridley will have a fly mode and a normal mode or something.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Believe me when I say this but if you're trying to make things positive for Ridley, that's not one way of doing it.

Really? You're calling those people who believe Ridley's hopeless in denial?

When even your own Ridley-supporter brethren believe that Ridley's **** canned, that ain't denial no more. That's either looking at it on paper or just being plain negative and doing the "Wait and see" strategy.

Good things come to those who wait. By good, I mean either "Ridley will be confirmed and your pessimism will be a joke" or "Ridley's ****ed and your pessimism saves you from depression"

Those people that say Mewtwo's screwed are delusional. Well, kind of. Not really but still, they're kinda too jumpy
People are always jumpy at anything that might make them think that their favorite character cannot be played. It's not uncommon to see someone leave over it, even if it's something small.

Based on the footage that was shown I'm pretty much set on believing that the Other M Ridley is playable. Which stinks for me because I wanted the Super Metroid/Brawl Ridley, but oh well. Wouldn't be too surprised if some other Ridley became a stage hazard though. Inb4 Alternate costumes for Ridley, with Other M Ridley also being sized up to be a proper boss.

Edit: And depending on whether you are Other M or Super Metroid Ridley, the opposite appears.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
People are always jumpy at anything that might make them think that their favorite character cannot be played. It's not uncommon to see someone leave over it, even if it's something small.

Based on the footage that was shown I'm pretty much set on believing that the Other M Ridley is playable. Which stinks for me because I wanted the Super Metroid/Brawl Ridley, but oh well. Wouldn't be too surprised if some other Ridley became a stage hazard though. Inb4 Alternate costumes for Ridley, with Other M Ridley also being sized up to be a proper boss.

Edit: And depending on whether you are Other M or Super Metroid Ridley, the opposite appears.
Speaking of Roidley I think if thats the ridley we get he will be redesigned some to look better, I mean just look at that zamus and samus model they look great.

D

Deleted member

As I've said on the Character Discussion thread, there is one way to get around this reasonably.

In Brawl, we've dealt with Ridley and Meta Ridley. After Ridley was blown up, he was revived as Meta Ridley. Both were revived as separate individuals for whatever reason after Meta Ridley was blown up. Then both were blown up again.

Now, one can see two ways to this (this part is actually something I didn't mention on the main thread)

a. OG Ridley is revived again as Omega Ridley, and is playable. Other M Ridley (a.k.a. Ridleytwo) serves as the boss for Pyrosphere. Since Dark Samus is now an Assist, it brings Prime 3 into light for Smash Bros., something Brawl didn't do due to the game being released in Japan after Brawl.

b. Both Ridleys are revived. One is on Pyrosphere in new Other M form, and the other is playable in whatever form. Bear in mind that two individual Ridleys actually exist in Smash thanks to Tabuu (Then again, SSE isn't necessarily canon to Smash 4, but whatever).

It's a longshot, one I personally don't believe, but it's there.

Last edited by a moderator:

lilt

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me exactly why you think it's not the Other M model.... I think it's impossible to think otherwise because the swordlike-tip of Other M's Ridley is there. Though I'm curious what you have to say on the matter. :bubblebobble:
I did not want to post that, I oversaw it accidentally. That's why my two sayings weren't in context.

To answer your question: I'm really not that sure what's to see in this shadow. It's just what I see. His tail is clearly from Other M. His spiky wings are also there. On the other hand, I find his body less humanoid looking than Other M's Ridley. Less upright, more crooked to the front. His head is more on the front of his body. More like something from Metroid Fusion or Super Metroid. Also, you got to see this while it's animated, ( http://gfycat.com/ComfortableIncompatibleAzurewingedmagpie#?frameNum=38 ). When Ridley flies away near the end of the clip, he changes his position. In that "gliding position", his head is on the front and it's shadow is visible for a brief moment. It doesn't look like Other M head, the more sharpened mouth isn't there. It looks more broad, but to a lesser extend of Fusion Ridley's mouth. Also, it isn't that spike shaped on the peak of his head. Though, the body is relatively muscular, quite like in Other M.
Considering all this, I can't really relate this footage to any version of Ridley. So it might be the case, that it's a redesign of him. That however makes sense, since everyone prefers "old school Ridley" over Other M Ridley. The least is the one to go, because his body is bulky enough to be shrunken down and not looking silly. In my opinion, it looks like a hybrid of different versions, matched together to make him look right.

Other M's Ridley fly's more upright (not his screaming position)

I might be completely wrong with my opinion. Either way, there you got your answer :)

Last edited:

Keeshu

Smash Ace
Speaking of Roidley I think if thats the ridley we get he will be redesigned some to look better, I mean just look at that zamus and samus model they look great.
Pointless over-analyzation mode activate!
Watching it several times in slow mo to easily see certain things, the tip of the "beak" seems extremely thin and tapers off like it was in Other M. He also has those silly spikes (tips of wings, on the arms. Still has those thicker arms+legs. That's all I can gather from the shadow.... Decided to look at both brawl Ridley and Other M Ridley while doing this too I really can't find anything about the Other M Ridley design that I like more than Brawl Ridley. The only thing that I kinda like more is the longer spikes at the end of Other M Ridley's wings, since Brawl Ridley's wing spikes are like looking at the tip of someone's thumb. (cannot unsee pointless spikes that were added to the "wing fingers" on Other M Ridley as well).
Though, we aren't going to see any sort of redesign that well from the shadow, but the things that bothered me about Other M Ridley are still there.

As I've said on the Character Discussion thread, there is one way to get around this reasonably.

In Brawl, we've dealt with Ridley and Meta Ridley. After Ridley was blown up, he was revived as Meta Ridley. Both were revived as separate individuals for whatever reason after Meta Ridley was blown up. Then both were blown up again.

Now, one can see two ways to this (this part is actually something I didn't mention on the main thread)

a. OG Ridley is revived again as Omega Ridley, and is playable. Other M Ridley (a.k.a. Ridleytwo) serves as the boss for Pyrosphere. Since Dark Samus is now an Assist, it brings Prime 3 into light for Smash Bros., something Brawl didn't do due to the game being released in Japan after Brawl.

b. Both Ridleys are revived. One is on Pyrosphere in new Other M form, and the other is playable in whatever form. Bear in mind that two individual Ridleys actually exist in Smash thanks to Tabuu (Then again, SSE isn't necessarily canon to Smash 4, but whatever).

It's a longshot, one I personally don't believe, but it's there.
Ugh Omega Ridley. A design I dislike more than Other M's Ridley. The coloration of the wings is atrocious, and the double head thing is very distracting. Better playable Omega Ridley than no playable Ridley? eh.......

I did not want to post that, I oversaw it accidentally. That's why my two sayings aren't in context.

To answer your question: I'm really not that sure what's to see in this shadow. It's just what I see. His tail is clearly from Other M. His spiky wings are also there. On the other hand, I find his body less humanoid looking than Other M's Ridley. Less upright, more crooked to the front. His head is more on the front of his body. More like something from Metroid Fusion or Super Metroid. Also, you got to see this while it's animated, ( http://gfycat.com/ComfortableIncompatibleAzurewingedmagpie#?frameNum=38 ). When Ridley flies away near the end of the clip, he changes his position. In that "gliding position", his head is on the front and it's shadow is visible for a brief moment. It doesn't look like Other M head, the more sharpened mouth isn't there. It looks more broad, but to a lesser extend of Fusion Ridley's mouth. Also, it isn't that spike shaped on the peak of his head. Though, the body is relatively muscular, quite like in Other M.
Considering all this, I can't really relate this footage to any version of Ridley. So it might be the case, that it's a redesign of him. That however makes sense, since everyone prefers "old school Ridley" over Other M Ridley. The least is the one to go, because his body is bulky enough to be shrunken down and not looking silly. In my opinion, it looks like a hybrid of different versions, matched together to make him look right.

The concept art of Other M Ridley looks much different from his in game form, just saiyan.

gfycat stopped working. waiting to be able to view that frame. I have a feeling it's probably one of the frames where Ridley has his arm out next to his head. When the frames sway, sometimes you see the tip of the "beak" separating from the arm shadow though. Pretty darn sure he's just straight up Other M Ridley.

Last edited:

Xhampi

Smash Lord
The fact that Ridley may once again be treated on the same level than the likes of Yellow Devil and the boss from Find Mii is still really depressing when he deserves a playable spot so much =/

I hope Sakurai will at least explain his view on Ridley in the future, does he see him as boss material only, is it the 3DS limitations, does he think that Samus and a reworked ZSS is enough for the Metroid series, I really wonder what is stopping Sakurai from adding a playable Ridley.

Delusional

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Yeah. Apparently, this is the first time I've used it... in Smashboards... Among all my posts
de·lu·sion·al
[dih-loo-zhuh-nl]
having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions
Psychiatry. maintaining fixed false beliefs even when confronted with facts, usually as a result of mental illness
I think it fits the bill on what I'm talking about. Basically I'm saying those who think Mewtwo's done are pretty much having "a having false or unrealistic beliefs or opinions".

Keeshu

Smash Ace
6 Pokemon in Brawl, 4 Pokemon in SSB4. There's still room for both Mewtwo And Jiggs, so I don't even see why anyone would be complaining yet. Inb4 it's the whole "Lucario replaced Mewtwo!" thing all over again.

At least Ridley doesn't have to worry about this sort of thing. Aside from Dark Samus (who is AT now), he doesn't have any competition when it comes to playable characters, and the Metroid series doesn't seem like it'll ever change that.

D

Deleted member

I can see there being 7 Pokemon. The 4 we have, plus Jiggs and Mewtwo, plus another, maybe a grass-type to make up for Ivysaur's removal. That way all the bases are covered from Brawl and then some.

Question is who would take the place of a seventh Pokemon. I'd say Serperior is out of the question as one its earlier forms was in that trailer's Pokemon wide shot. If it is a starter, I'd say Sceptile and Venusaur have the best chance.

majora_787

Smash Hero
It's kind of late (or early) for there to be another Metroid character who isn't Ridley to show up in more than half of the games. We would need the series to double in size and have a constant that isn't Ridley or Samus through all of them.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can see there being 7 Pokemon. The 4 we have, plus Jiggs and Mewtwo, plus another, maybe a grass-type to make up for Ivysaur's removal. That way all the bases are covered from Brawl and then some.

Question is who would take the place of a seventh Pokemon. I'd say Serperior is out of the question as one its earlier forms was in that trailer's Pokemon wide shot. If it is a starter, I'd say Sceptile and Venusaur have the best chance.
Stick with ridley topics please but I really doubt a grass type will be playable

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm all in on "Classic Ridley" now. He's not too big AND we still need a retro rep.

Right guys? RIGHT?!?!?!

lilt

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling it's probably one of the frames where Ridley has his arm out next to his head. When the frames sway, sometimes you see the tip of the "beak" separating from the arm shadow though. Pretty darn sure he's just straight up Other M Ridley.
Your're probably right. I saw the scene in the Direct again. The footage there is even longer. Right before it ends , Ridley turns around and his head becomes visible. It's most likely the one from Other M. Sorry, false alarm. Still, I found my theory to be nice :/

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I've just realized a possibility that hasn't been been discussed much, if at all.

We're debating just which Ridley is the one casting the shadow, but what if it isn't any of the known Ridleys period? And by that I mean an entirely unique model. There have already been several instances where a character has traits taken from multiple incarnations blended into one design new to that character, so that might be the case here as well.

D

Deleted member

Stick with ridley topics please but I really doubt a grass type will be playable
I was just saying, there's plenty of room for Pokemon and by extension Ridley. We don't know the roster size, but while Pokemon can expand in any direction, Metroid has a single character that can be made playable. Didn't mean to go off-topic.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I've just realized a possibility that hasn't been been discussed much, if at all.

We're debating just which Ridley is the one casting the shadow, but what if it isn't any of the known Ridleys period? And by that I mean an entirely unique model. There have already been several instances where a character has traits taken from multiple incarnations blended into one design new to that character, so that might be the case here as well.
Seems likely. That sad thing is that even though it looks like Ridley will most likely not be playable, you can tell Sakurai really likes the character. He's the only non-item character to appear in every Smash game, and he was given the most and most memorable boss battle in Brawl. Wouldn't be surprised if Sakurai gave him new unique design.

Keeshu

Smash Ace

Personally I prefer Serperior over Sceptile for a few reasons:
#1 Doesn't have to compete with Blaziken for 3rd gen rep (if they ever allow more than 2 of the same pokemon typing to enter the roster)
#2 We currently don't have a snake-like fighter in the roster. Opinion: Serperior's form of fighting just seems more interesting than Sceptile. Maybe it's because Serperior/Snivy are my favorite Grass types.
#3 Don't have any statistics or anything, but I think Serperior/Snivy is more popular. Though, this might be because Sceptile was overshadowed by Blaziken so much, and because I feel like the only person that ever loved treecko, so people probably didn't pick him as much.
Though I really don't think either will be added though.

Ridley is best Dark/Dragon.

Your're probably right. I saw the scene in the Direct again. The footage there is even longer. Right before it ends , Ridley turns around and his head becomes visible. It's most likely the one from Other M. Sorry, false alarm. Still, I found my theory to be nice :/
Heck it'd be interesting if they mixed and matched versions of multiple Ridleys. Though that'd be a bit risky.

Looks faaar too much Other M Ridley to be a new Ridley imo. Of course they could have more than 1 Ridley in game, it's been done before.

FreeFallUp

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LuigiTroid20
3DS FC
3222-5636-5087

Considering that Sakurai seems to be basing Metroid representation off of Other M, but with some creative liberties, this is not an impossible situation. However, considering that statement, if Ridley is playable, he will most likely be based off the Other M version.

As for whether or not Ridley is truly playable, well, I say just wait and see. Sakurai is known for making certain things vague or misleading, so it's possible we are being mislead. The reality of the situation is that we cannot be sure until the game is released and/or more information is made available to us.

I do not believe either side of the argument should write the other off until the the 3DS version is released and someone can confirm the full roster.

Note: I am indifferent to the situation (don't care how it turns out either way) and simply wish the Ridley supporters good luck.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know I'm probably overthinking things, but I always thought Charizard affected Ridley's chances. Even back in Brawl. But now especially with Charizard being his own character. I don't think they would be similar in any regard, but just for the sake of not having "two dragons." WHICH I MEAN wouldn't really matter I guess since we have three princesses, couple space animals and overall-clad plumbers.

BUUUT. I guess that makes me realize how cool Meta-Ridley would be. If you have the chance to put a cyborg dragon in your game, why not take it? Would differentiate him EVEN MORE from the other large reptilians available. Especially if Sakurai took liberties on his design and abilities maybe? I guess that could go either way.

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, don't go to miiverse it's overpopulated with toobigots claiming victory.

Personally, I'm most intrigued in why just not show Ridley if he is a stage hazard/Boss?

I'll remain in the neutral side without claiming for Ridley (de)confirmation until conclusive evidence is reveled.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
I swear, if there's a reveal trailer for Ridley where it starts out with Other M Ridley fighting the cast, then suddenly the classic Ridley barges in and they have some sort of awesome duel, to reveal that they are alt costumes for each other, my mind will be so far blown.

I know I'm probably overthinking things, but I always thought Charizard affected Ridley's chances. Even back in Brawl. But now especially with Charizard being his own character. I don't think they would be similar in any regard, but just for the sake of not having "two dragons." WHICH I MEAN wouldn't really matter I guess since we have three princesses, couple space animals and overall-clad plumbers.

BUUUT. I guess that makes me realize how cool Meta-Ridley would be. If you have the chance to put a cyborg dragon in your game, why not take it? Would differentiate him EVEN MORE from the other large reptilians available. Especially if Sakurai took liberties on his design and abilities maybe? I guess that could go either way.
It's come to my mind from time to time because I was worried about Sakurai thinking "they are both dragons that breath fire". I blame the melee clones for this thought process.Seeing SSB4 characters so far and that Dark Samus didn't just do normal samus things makes me not worried about this anymore and realize I was just worrying too much. Since Dark Samus being a clone of Samus was one of my larger fears for SSB4, since that wouldn't do any justice for her character as she's not just some clone like most dark versions of characters in media are.
Charizard and Ridley fight quite differently, despite being vicious dragons.

Nice find. Wish this was posted on this thread earlier, I was feeling like a "hipster" for thinking Ridley isn't that big when people were causing drama.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I did a size comparison myself. I guess I forgot to post it here, but Ridley doesn't seem much larger than Bowser. Even with his wings increasing his shadow area and the awkward skew toward the back right.

EDIT: To clarify, I mean a "width". As in, he doesn't seem to take up much more horizontal area than Bowser does. He might still be a little taller than Bowser, but I don't think that's really a huge concern.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Watching GameXplain's latest analysis, which involves that oh so controversial Ridley shadow. Their take on it is pretty much the same as ours. In other words, they mention how his animations seem off for a boss while still saying that more then likely he's not playable. But, as they said, there's still hope.

Nice to know they are being level-headed about it.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
So like, what did we prove so far?
#1 Ridley is playable size, and is incredible small for a boss character.
Taking into consideration of Pikachu's Size with the shadow, Ridley is around Bowser height

#2 Confirmed to be Other M Ridley
Tip of Tail is obvious hint. He has the bulky arms+legs. Closer look at the shadow reveals that he has the Spikes, and that the tip of his "beak" gets thin at the end and tapers off just like it did in Other M.

#3 Un-bosslike movements:
When transitioning from holding pikachu, to the glide, it is rather choppy like a player's movement. As opposed to the long time it takes for previous smash bosses to move, since they need to let you know what's going to happen.
#3.5 Ridley moves awfully slow for a boss. Previous smash bosses move fast because they have to catch up with the player, and punish them if they weren't paying attention.

This is off the top of my head. I'm going to start writing this down so I don't have to worry about forgetting a point.

Lechteron

Smash Apprentice
Hypothesis:
Ridley is both a playable character and a boss on Pyrosphere.

But how could this be done?
The same way that Male Wii Fit Trainer is playable, alternate costumes. The fact is that we currently have a large, dragon-esque playable character in Charizard and what would Charizard's alternate costume be? They could easily make him taller, skinnier, and hunched more to be Ridley in much the same way that Male Trainer is broader and is smaller in the chest.

But Ridley uses different moves than Charizard!
This is true but with the changes we saw to Mario's fireballs from the custom move portion of the Direct it seems that some relatively sweeping changes can be made. This could easily cover Ridley's attacks much in the same way that Mario could have a Dr. Mario costume and his fireballs could become pills. Hmm. Perhaps the costume change can cover the move aesthetics as well so Mario could have slow, giant pills or small, fast, straight flying pills while in the Dr. Mario costume. But I'm digressing.

But we saw Mega Charizard X, what happens then?
Simple! Meta-Ridley.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Looking at Sakurai's criteria:
- The character's inclusion must make people want to buy the game.
- The character must be unique
- The character must fit into the style of Super Smash Bros.
- They must contribute to the game balance.

He would probably be unique, he'll make people buy the game, he fits into the Smash Bros universe.
But does he contribute to game balance despite how complicated he is to make model, balance, and animation wise?

Just a question I wanted to ask.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hypothesis:
Ridley is both a playable character and a boss on Pyrosphere.

But how could this be done?
The same way that Male Wii Fit Trainer is playable, alternate costumes. The fact is that we currently have a large, dragon-esque playable character in Charizard and what would Charizard's alternate costume be? They could easily make him taller, skinnier, and hunched more to be Ridley in much the same way that Male Trainer is broader and is smaller in the chest.

But Ridley uses different moves than Charizard!
This is true but with the changes we saw to Mario's fireballs from the custom move portion of the Direct it seems that some relatively sweeping changes can be made. This could easily cover Ridley's attacks much in the same way that Mario could have a Dr. Mario costume and his fireballs could become pills. Hmm. Perhaps the costume change can cover the move aesthetics as well so Mario could have slow, giant pills or small, fast, straight flying pills while in the Dr. Mario costume. But I'm digressing.

But we saw Mega Charizard X, what happens then?
Simple! Meta-Ridley.
If you're gonna go through all that trouble you might as well just give Ridley his own slot instead of making him an alternate skin for a character that doesn't even share his franchise. :glare:

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hm. You literally have to frame-by-frame it - but you can see him grabbing and holding Pikachu with his feet, his little Pika tail dangling downwards. Can't really make out what happens after. But I want to post a few screens of what I see once I get this up in Vegas.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
I swear, if there's a reveal trailer for Ridley where it starts out with Other M Ridley fighting the cast, then suddenly the classic Ridley barges in and they have some sort of awesome duel, to reveal that they are alt costumes for each other, my mind will be so far blown.

It's come to my mind from time to time because I was worried about Sakurai thinking "they are both dragons that breath fire". I blame the melee clones for this thought process.Seeing SSB4 characters so far and that Dark Samus didn't just do normal samus things makes me not worried about this anymore and realize I was just worrying too much. Since Dark Samus being a clone of Samus was one of my larger fears for SSB4, since that wouldn't do any justice for her character as she's not just some clone like most dark versions of characters in media are.
Charizard and Ridley fight quite differently, despite being vicious dragons.

Nice find. Wish this was posted on this thread earlier, I was feeling like a "hipster" for thinking Ridley isn't that big when people were causing drama.
I have the fry take my money picture waiting.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Wait a minute, remember someone said that Yellow Devil had a Player 2 symbol above its head and that might hint towards playable bosses via gamepad?

Well GameXplain just pointed out that the player icon indicates which character got the final blow on it before exploding, so the argument that Ridley will be a playable boss (but not a true roster character) might be debunked.

Top Bottom