• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

JediLink

Smash Ace
I like the first one better. I don't care for a lot of the additions to the gameplay they made; it all added up to being too much and burned me out. Also, while Vivian and Yoshi kid are cool, I despise Flurrie, like Kooper more than Koops, and quite honestly miss Bow and Watt (my favorite partner ever). The music in the first one is better to me. And to top it all off, the voyeurism aspect of the Peach segments is frankly disturbing, and the computer is far creepier than sweet. Overall, while I realize I'm in the extreme minority, it comes down to the fact that I've played the first one many, many times, but never quite finished the second.
Can I ask, how far did you actually get into TTYD?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I never beat the second game, because something with my disc makes my game crash when it tries to play the ending credits. :Y

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Can I ask, how far did you actually get into TTYD?
Right to the end. I fought Grodus and Shadow Queen but died and then, burned out, never finished. That was the first time. The second time I made it to the moon, got burned out, and never finished. Recently I watched my friend play through it, which was okay, but even watching I didn't like how much they added to the gameplay.

Also, nothing in a Paper Mario game will ever compare to the Crystal Palace for me.

JediLink

Smash Ace
Right to the end. I fought Grodus and Shadow Queen but died and then, burned out, never finished. That was the first time. The second time I made it to the moon, got burned out, and never finished. Recently I watched my friend play through it, which was okay, but even watching I didn't like how much they added to the gameplay.

Also, nothing in a Paper Mario game will ever compare to the Crystal Palace for me.
Okay, so you've basically seen the whole thing aside from the ending. That's enough to make an informed opinion (although the ending is pretty good). However, I still don't get what you don't like about the gameplay. Superguarding is the same as guarding, but you press B instead of A. Appeal is the same as focus, but with a different name, and your partners can do it also. Your star meter refills depending on your audience and how well you're doing rather than a fixed amount each turn. That's really the bulk of the differences, and they're really just minor tweaks/improvements rather than fundamental changes.

The only thing I can think of that's kind of complicated is the stylish moves, but they're more of an advanced thing. You can beat the whole game without ever using them. I didn't even know they existed until my second playthrough.

Shadow Queen is pretty hard, man. Totally sucks that you have to rewatch the five minute cutscene every time you die as well. I can understand getting burned out and wanting to give up. I got wrecked at least five times before I beat her on my first playthrough. However, every playthrough after that (I've done six total, I think) I always know exactly how to build my character and I just roflstomp her.

Crystal Palace was definitely a highlight from PM1. However, for me, nothing in a Paper Mario game will ever compare to the Palace of Shadow. Also a palace. How about that?

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Paper Mario 1 was amazing, I will never forget Parakarry, The Cystal Palace or that ***** penguin accusing you of murdering her husband.

But Paper Mario just seemed more fun, as far as bosses go...Paper Mario had the Crystal King, the Koopa Bros. and Jr. Troopa, TYD however had Rawk Hawk, Doopliss, Cortez, the Shadow Sirens... were just cooler and more interesting imo

As far as music i'm torn, they both have amazing soundtracks!

As for partners...honestly the only partner in the first one that I really liked was Parakarry. In TYD I love Yoshi Kid, VIVIAN <3, Bobbery, and Ms. Mowz. And yes despite being a Mario game I feel those characters had some decent personalities as opposed to Parakarry...who is just a mailman looking for letters he dropped.

And stylish moves are so much fun :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
To be fair, even though I like Paper Mario 2 more, I can totally understand preferring the Crystal Palace more than most of Paper Mario 2. That place was cool.

:cool:

majora_787

Smash Hero
I tried to take the initiative and make it a conversation about Paper Ridley, but I guess nobody was interested.

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
Ridley Moveset

*** Concept ***
Ridley. Everyone here wants to use him. Many people have thought of movesets for the big purple (or red... or blue... or grey) pirate space dragon. Some people might have even came up with movesets for Meta Ridley. Others usually think of Meta Ridley as an alternate costume. Not sure if anybody ever thinks about Omega Ridley.

Well I have thought about Omega Ridley. And Meta Ridley. And regular ol' Ridley.

Combining aspects of transformation, individual character switching, and stance changing, This Ridley moveset involves the use of Ridley, Meta Ridley, AND Omega Ridley.

This concept does not involve free transformation like Zelda/Shiek. Individual character switching is not freely performed as with Pokemon Trainer. Rather than thinking of it as an ability, Ridley undergoes moderations to his looks and abilities whenever he is defeated. Starting as Ridley, if he is defeated, he can return as Meta Ridley or Omega Ridley. If defeated again, he can return to Ridley or become the other form. Ridley is not able to retain the same form upon defeat. What this means is that any player using Ridley must master at least two of his forms. Unlike other transformation characters, Ridley cannot just change his form to adapt to the most current situation.

Now also unlike transformation characters, the majority of Ridley's moves share aesthetic similarities, mainly modifying the attributes of the attack. Thus it has aspects of a stance change. Some attacks will undergo aesthetic differences, and a few attacks will change with each form.

I think the best illustration is to think of it as if Fox, Falco, and Wolf filled one slot and switched places with each other upon defeat.

There's an additional reason for this concept: Visually, aesthetically, and technically, I feel that Ridley himself could undergo a new design to accommodate this idea in a manner that would actually lessen the burden of work. Realizing that Meta Ridley and Omega Ridley in Metroid Prime 3 are aesthetically identical outside of color and some minor differences, I figured that these two versions of Ridley could actually be treated as armors! Redesign Ridley so that he can undergo "transformations" that act more like accessorizing his organic form with cybernetic parts. A single model can be Ridley, Meta Ridley, and Omega Ridley instead of having to design three different models. The movesets themselves likely will still have to be created as if designing three separate characters due to the way hitboxes and hurtboxes work, but all the moves would be attached to the same model skeleton. Compared to designing moves for three individual models, I think this alternate idea would make the workload just a bit smaller.

*** Forms Fighting Styles ***

--- Ridley (Base) ---

The starting form, void of any cybernetic parts. This form of Ridley specializes in pressuring opponents with moderately quick attacks, movements, and the threat of damaging grabs. Yes, a grappler (as considered by several people in this thread). And I'm making sure it's a genuine grappler, not just a character with some command grabs. This form is one to fear in close-quarter combat despite his size.

--- Meta-Ridley ----

The first of Ridley's two alternate forms. In his Meta-Ridley form, Ridley specializes in projectiles and harassing the opponent from a distance. It's not a complete keep-away style as Ridley's projectiles won't carry the necessary power to KO opponents. It will rack up the damage though in order to allow Ridley the chance to KO with minimal exposure to up-close combat, which is harder to deal with in the Meta-Ridley form. This form is very adept with flight, which is necessary to take full advantage of its capabilities.

--- Omega Ridley ---

The second of Ridley's two alternate forms. In his Omega Ridley form, Ridley becomes a mid-range combatant, being the most capable with melee attacks and handling himself against more aggressive opponents. He doesn't have the same kind of pressure as base Ridley, and his projectile abilities are on the low end. Omega Ridley is also the least agile of the three forms, being slow on the ground, in the air, and even lacking the same jump ability. This form has to expect assaults from opponents, but it is more than capable of dishing back the damage and threatening with KO's himself.

*** The Moveset ***

NORMAL MOVES

--- Neutral A, AA: Claw Swipe >> Ridley slashes once with each claw.
Base - Ridley's arm length is use more effectively here, so it has the 2nd best range.
Meta - Slightly less range than Base form.
Omega - Swipes with phazon-energized claws, giving it the most range and being rather deceptive.

--- Side A: Tail Bat >> Ridley twists his hip and swings his tail directly in front of him.
Base - Has the least range but is pretty fast.
Meta - Has more range than Base form but isn't as fast.
Omega - Has the most range, damage, and power. Same speed as Meta form.

--- Down A: Maw Scissor >> Ridley snaps at his opponent's legs with his long jaws.
Base - Inflicts the least damage but has a chance to trip the opponent
Meta - Inflicts moderate damage
Omega - Inflicts the most damage but isn't as fast as the other forms

--- Up A: Scorpion Sting >> Ridley arcs over, one claw on the ground, and whips his tail over his head to strike with the tip.
Base - Sends the opponent up at angle.
Meta - A tad quicker than Base form and knocks the opponent back.
Omega - Strikes at a higher angle, working as an anti-air tool.

--- Side Smash: Nail Burial >> Ridley reels back his claws, then swings them inward against the opponent.
Base - Uncharged, as fast as the Meta form but not as much power or range as the Omega form.
Meta - Less damage than Omega form, knocks opponents away at a steep angle.
Omega - More range and power, but a tad slower. Knocks opponents away at a diagonal angle.

--- Side Smash (Fully Charged): Dragon Gambit
Introducing a unique property for Smash attacks, Ridley's Side Smash, when fully charged, changes into a grab! Ridley snatches the opponent, puts them in the air, then delivers a vicious claw slash against their airborne body. Capable of KO'ing at moderate percentages!

--- Down Smash: Land Thrasher >> Ridley lifts up his claws and tail then drops them down with great force, hitting both sides around him.
Base - Ridley's tail inflicts greater damage and knockback than his claws.
Meta - Ridley's sharp claws inflict greater damage and knockback than his tail.

--- Down Smash (Uncharged): Phazon Splash
Omega Ridley brings his claws downward as an attack. The impact with the ground however generates a burst of phazon energy, inflicting blue flame damage (represents phazon) and knocking opponents upward.. Moderately charging the Smash creates a taller burst of phazon energy.

--- Down Smash (Fully Charged): Phazon Cage
Fully charging Omega Ridley's Down Smash generates two spheres of Phazon energy in his hand. Omega Ridley then slams them down, creating a spherical blast of phazon energy. The blast radius is considerably large, covering both his sides. Inflicts blue flame damage and sends all surrounding opponents flying.

--- Up Smash: Blast Ejector >> Ridley fires a dangerous combustible attack.
Base - Exhales a burning glob of plasma at an angle. The longer the charge, the longer the trajectory. Creates a pillar of flame on contact with a floor.
Meta - Fires a volley of missiles at an angle, exploding on impact. The longer the charge, the more missiles, up to three.
Omega - Exhales a jet of flame at an angle. The longer the charge, the longer the flame stays out.

--- Neutral Air: Whirling Snake >> Ridley twirls his tail about in a wide arc to hit all around his body.
Base - Whirls his tail quickly. A fast and multi-hitting move.
Meta - Tail spin is slightly slower and hits twice. Has the most range.
Omega - A single spin, but is the strongest version

--- Forward Air: Dragon Cyclone >> Ridley attacks the space in front of him with a spinning maneuver.
Base - Slashes with his claw, then spins and strikes with his tail
Meta - Two claw swipes followed by a spinning tail attack
Omega - Simply does the spin attack, but releases a short burst of phazon energy

--- Down Air: Dragon Javelin
Ridley dives down toward the ground, his tail sticking outward. The tip pops opponents into the air while the sides of the tail knocks them back.

--- Down Air: Dragon Spear >> Ridley thrusts his tail downward to jab foes underneath him.
Meta - Has the better range and knocks opponents away, but has low knockback growth.
Omega - Has less range but normal knockback growth. Tip of the tail is a Meteor Smash

--- Back Air: Dragon Whip >> Ridley strikes multiple times with his tail.
Base - A frenzied whipping attack, striking several times
Meta - Whips his tail outward, having less strikes but significantly more range
Omega - A two-hit tail whip with medium range but solid power.

--- Up Air: Dragon Gear >> Ridley performs a barrel roll maneuver to strike with various appendages.
Base - Hits a few times before knocking the opponent away.
Meta - Same as Base form, but a longer tail gives attack a larger hit area
Omega - A bit slower but has more power and knocks opponents upward.

--- Grab: Ridley grabs by extending his tail outward and ensnaring a target (same for all three fourms)

--- Pummel: Exhales plumes of plasma at the target.
--- Forward Throw: Ridley hovers slightly off ground, spins around, and flings target away
--- Down Throw: Ridley presses opponent into ground then stomps on them. Meta-Ridley's stomp has a flame effect while Omega Ridley has a blue flame effect.
--- Back Throw: Ridley brings opponent to other side of him, slams them twice on the ground
--- Up Throw: Shakes the foe about before ejecting them into the air.

--- Glide Attack: Meta Ridley thrusts his talons outward in front of himself, inflicting some damage and knocking opponents away.

SPECIAL MOVES

Neutral B: Plasma Breath --- Ridley's ability to exhale plasma projectiles

--- Base: Plasma Spheres ---
Ridley can exhale a volley of plasma balls from his mouth. Holding B charges this attack. When released, up to 4 plasma balls can be expelled from his mouth. Each ball moves on a randomly chosen arc. Pressing L/R allows Ridley to store the charge. Each hit inflicts some damage and stun and a little knockback.

--- Meta: Kinetic Breath ---
Ridley can fire quick plasma darts from his mouth by tapping B repeatedly. These move straight across the screen. Each hit inflicts minor damage and stuns. Holding B charges Ridley's Plasma Breath. Fully charged, Ridley fires his Kinetic Breath Weapon, a red beam of plasma that inflicts considerable damage and some knockback from a large distance.
While in the air, plasma darts are fired diagonally toward the ground with varying trajectories, and the Kinetic Breath Weapon at a consistent angle.

--- Omega: Plasma Flares ---
Ridley exhales a glob of hot dense plasma that moves slowly but homes in on a target. The spheres will eventually explode on their own or on contact with a surface. The explosion inflicts good damage and some knockback.

Side B: Dragon Charge --- Involves Ridley reeling back then charging his targets

--- Base: Violent Snatch ---
Ridley lunges ahead, extending his claw. This is a grab move with options. Ridley can charge straight ahead from the ground, or by tilting upwards while he reels, Ridley will lift off the ground and grab any target in the air. If already in the air, Dragon Charge sends Ridley directly ahead. If completed in the air without grabbing anyone, Ridley enters a helpless fall state.
After grabbing an opponent while on the ground, Ridley will either underhand toss the opponent away, or by holding Back, Ridley will move the victim behind him and smack him away with his tail.
After grabbing an opponent while in the air, Ridley will either scrape the opponent along the floor and toss them, or by holding Back, Ridley will simply chuck the opponent behind him. If performed too high above a floor, Ridley will simply throw the victim toward the ground.

--- Meta: Meta-Lunge ---
Ridley lunges ahead to collide with any opponents in his way. This has more speed and range than base Ridley. Victims are damaged and knocked into the air above Ridley. Inflicts the most damage and knockback in front of Ridley near the end of the charge. Performed in the air, Ridley dives downward at an angle.

--- Omega: Phazon Rush ---
Ridley lunges ahead, forming a cone of phazon energy around his body. This has less speed and range than Meta Ridley, but can deal significant knockback, potentially KO'ing at higher percentages. The hit area is also larger, though it doesn't have as much knockback around Ridley's middle and back. Performed in the air, Ridley flies straight ahead then enters a helpless fall state.

Down B: Descending Talon --- Ridley performs a pouncing assault

--- Base: Talon Lift ---
Ridley leaps into the air and quickly descends, threatening to grab any target below his talons. Performed in the air, Ridley opens his wings and readies himself before dropping downward. If he grabs an opponent, he ascends a bit into the air with them. While holding a victim, Ridley can fly a short distance with them. Pressing A will have Ridley jab the opponent with his tail repeatedly. Pressing B causes Ridley to drop to the ground, crushing his victim against a floor. Doing this over a pit may result in a suicide KO, but Ridley will be considered KO'd first before the victim. A victim can struggle to break free of Ridley's hold just as with any grab.

--- Meta: Flamestrike Projector ---
Ridley leaps high into the air and quickly crashes to the ground, talons and claws ablaze. Performed in the air, Ridley opens his wings and readies himself like with Talon Lift. The impact sends a small red hot wave outward from him. Nearby opponents will be knocked away, and opponents underneath are sent flying above Ridley. All victims receive flame damage.

--- Omega: Phazon Projector ---
Ridley leaps into the air and quickly crashes to the ground, talons and claws aglow with phazon energy. A bit slower than Flamestrike Projector, but has much more power and range. The impact sends a large wave of phazon energy outward. Nearby opponents and victims underneath Ridley are knocked upward into the air, those underneath suffering considerable damage and knockback that can KO at higher percentages. All victims receive blue flame damage.

Up B: Target Assault --- Ridley takes to the air and can fly about while attacking opponents below

--- Base: Lightning Viper ---
While in the air, pressing A causes Ridley's tail to lunge downward, striking opponents below him. The move has considerable length but is somewhat precise. Ridley can do this up to four times before entering a helpless fall state.

--- Meta: Tactical Sweep ---
While in the air, pressing A causes Ridley to fire a missile from his body. Up to six can be fired, but they can be fired rapidly by quickly pressing A. The missles arc randomly toward the ground, blanketing the stage below.
If Ridley fully charged his Kinetic Breath before taking flight, Ridley can fire the Kinetic Breath Weapon by pressing B.
By pressing Jump, Ridley can engage his gliding state. While gliding, pressing A drops Meson Bombs below, furthering sweeping the area below with explosives. These are unlimited but have a slow firing rate.

--- Omega: Meson Bomber ---
While in the air, pressing A causes Ridley to drop Meson Bombs from his body. This is the same bombing move as Meta Ridley's glide state, but it's performed while in flight.

FINAL SMASH: COLONY DESTROYER --- Ridley takes to the skies and unleashes a devastating assault on opponents below him for around 12 seconds.

--- Base: Plasma Bomb ---
Ridley charges and unleashes a giant sphere of plasma that explodes tremendously when it hits a floor surface. The impact sends a great blast wave of plasma across the ground. The sphere itself knocks opponents away considerably. Grounded opponents attempting to shield the sphere will have their shields broken. The explosion inflicts high damage and great knockback. The blast wave throws opponents into the air but doesn't have as much KO power as the sphere and explosion. All hits inflict fire damage. Ridley can fire up to five of these bombs within the allotted time frame.

--- Meta: Max Missile Sweep ---
Meta Ridley releases volleys of missiles from his body. Like his other missile attacks, each projectile flies to the ground at wide random arc. Unlike before, Ridley fires six of these missiles at a time with each press of a button, and these missiles are much more powerful, capable of Star KO'ing opponents who are hit while already launched in the air. Meta Ridley also has unlimited Kinetic Breath Weapon attacks for extra damage, though its firing rate is low. Ridley can unleash up to six waves of missile strikes or up to four breath attacks within the allotted time frame.

--- Omega: Crowd Smasher ---
Unlike his Base and Meta forms, Omega Ridley does not use projectiles. Instead Omega crashes down with a more powerful version of his Phazon Projector, then ascends right back into the air. The impact sends a great blast wave that sends opponents flying, and direct contact with his talons is almost a surefire Star KO. All hits inflict blue flame damage. Ridley can land up to five of these attacks within the allotted time frame.

*** ADDITIONAL DIFFERENCES AND NOTES ***

>>> Ridley
- Ridley has the fastest and longest rolls in order to assist his grappling game.
- Ridley has three jumps, the second two having offering 1/2 the height of the first.
- Ridley's grab has the least start up and recovery, but only by a couple frames.

>>> Meta Ridley
- Meta Ridley has three jumps, the second two having 3/4 the height of the first.
- Meta Ridley has the best aerial mobility, having decent movement in the air.
- Only Meta Ridley can glide.

>>> Omega Ridley
- Omega Ridley has two jumps, the second jump having 3/4 the height of the first.
- Omega Ridley is overall slower than the other two forms, covering less ground on average
- Omega Ridley has slightly more range on his grab than the other two forms.

>>>> General

- Ridley cycles from his Base form to his Meta form to his Omega form and back. Upon defeat, the player can hold L or R to reverse the cycle. As said, they can't stay in the form that was just defeated.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Okay, so you've basically seen the whole thing aside from the ending. That's enough to make an informed opinion (although the ending is pretty good). However, I still don't get what you don't like about the gameplay. Superguarding is the same as guarding, but you press B instead of A. Appeal is the same as focus, but with a different name, and your partners can do it also. Your star meter refills depending on your audience and how well you're doing rather than a fixed amount each turn. That's really the bulk of the differences, and they're really just minor tweaks/improvements rather than fundamental changes.

The only thing I can think of that's kind of complicated is the stylish moves, but they're more of an advanced thing. You can beat the whole game without ever using them. I didn't even know they existed until my second playthrough.

Shadow Queen is pretty hard, man. Totally sucks that you have to rewatch the five minute cutscene every time you die as well. I can understand getting burned out and wanting to give up. I got wrecked at least five times before I beat her on my first playthrough. However, every playthrough after that (I've done six total, I think) I always know exactly how to build my character and I just roflstomp her.

Crystal Palace was definitely a highlight from PM1. However, for me, nothing in a Paper Mario game will ever compare to the Palace of Shadow. Also a palace. How about that?
I did see the ending. I said I watched my friend play it recently. I do like the twist at the end. :awesome:

The changes are much bigger than you make them out to be. I did approve of your partners having HP and being able to use items and Appeal. HOWEVER, the audience and the star power mechanics in this one bug the hell out of me. Being able to Stylish and Appeal your star meter back to full so incredibly quickly essentially renders healing items useless, especially once you get Sweet Feast. I hate having to deal with people throwing things at me from the audience in a turn-based game, especially when you have to scan what is often a massive audience for the item itself to make sure it's not a beneficial one. Additionally, once you get the countering down, it makes a lot of things far easier than they should be, which sucks. And you forgot about the chance spin thingy, which I despise.

And I still miss Bow and Watt. And speaking of partners, I don't like the upgrade system as much.

Plus--and this is just my own stupid fun, really, so feel free to disregard it from my main points--you can't max out your BP as quickly, and you also can't keep your HP and FP low as well. My most recent time through the first game, I did at least the first half of the game with fifteen HP and FP while I was maxing out my BP.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So, everyone is talking about Omega Ridley and Paper Mario? We clearly need to root for Paper Omega Ridley to be playable. Then everyone will be pleased.

Is anyone's favorite form of Ridley Meta Ridley from Prime 1? I don't know why but that was my favorite one. But the Super Metroid Ridley is a pretty close second actually. Omega Ridley was badass too. But Omega and Other M Ridleys were a little buff compared to the others aren't they?

I always thought that Meta Ridley would make a good alternate costume. Or even a Final Smash. But Bowser, Wario, and Sonic have transformation Final Smashes already. And Mega Man might have one too, given that he could fuse with to use the Super Adapter.

Keeshu

Smash Ace
In terms of looks.
Brawl Ridley (which is basicly purple box art Super Metroid Ridley) > Prime 1 Meta Ridley > Super Metroid Ridley (in game sprite looks messier than I remember) > all other ridleys.
Other M ridley is too hard to compare to the other Ridleys, he's just so different. Some things about him I think are awesome, other things just make him look really bad.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
In terms of looks.
Brawl Ridley (which is basicly purple box art Super Metroid Ridley) > Prime 1 Meta Ridley > Super Metroid Ridley (in game sprite looks messier than I remember) > all other ridleys.
Other M ridley is too hard to compare to the other Ridleys, he's just so different. Some things about him I think are awesome, other things just make him look really bad.

Bladed tail was badass, I'll give it that. The buff arms were a little weird, but they aren't terrible. It's the curved mouth that throws off the design. And maybe the extra spikes were a bit much too.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Brawl > Zero Mission > Meta Prime 1 > Super Metroid > Omega > Meta Prime 3 > Other M > Nintendo Land :troll: > Fusion.

The only things that bother me about Other Ridley is his buff arms and his infamous curved duckface.

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Just alter Other M-idley's head so it's not as flat as it's fine. Even if that doesn't happen, it doesn't matter, Brawl Ridley's face looks silly from the front too.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Well, anyway, if I could hack every account here into liking Anomilus's Ridley moveset I would. That thing deserves more likes. A perfect example of Ridley alternative forms within a moveset done RIGHT. Other M evolution gimmick, eat your heart out.

D

Deleted member

Man, Rosalina is so freaking tall. O_o

Dunno for you, but it makes me less worried about Ridley's inclusion.

Steelia

Smash Champion

Well~ Peach is doing her taunt, so she's not standing upright... If she were, my guess is Rosalina'd only be about a crown taller, maybe a little more. Not really a huge difference. It is nice to see a taller-than-average char added into the mix, though. Wonder how tall Bowser is in comparison now that he's done seeing his chiropractor.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Rosalina's size isn't as big of a story as her apparent weight. Ridley is quite lanky for his size, so who's to say that he'll get the lightweight treatment too?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
The real comparison of size is Rosalina to the battlefield tier 1 floating platform. Now from E3 we already know that Bowser slightly phases through it when he stands and now Rosalina stands just as tall as it, the question remains, what would Ridley's size be in relationship to the platform. Would they really make Ridley about the size of Rosalina? Or would they make him bigger to the point where he straight up phases through the platform.

This makes me curious cause I would think that the size differences of characters would be calculated early enough for the sake of stage construction. A character phasing through a tier 1 platform while idle seems ridiculous. However on the other hand Ridley matching the height of Rosalina seems even more preposterous. Assuming Ridley is a playable character, I am certainly curious about his relative size due to this reveal.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ridley getting Down Tilted by someone standing on the upper platform would be hilarious.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

She still looks shorter than Bowser, Samus and Donkey Kong. Well to me anyway.

But yeah, taller characters shouldn't be an issue. So anyhow, Bowser now clips through soft platforms. Maybe Ridley would too, depending on how upright his stance would be. I'd imagined he'd be hunched like Brawl Bowser. He normally has a hunched position in quite a few of the Metroid games.

Actually, it would be kind of cool to see him on all fours. It'd hit home with the feral appearance of Ridley. That kind of stance might not happen though.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
She still looks shorter than Bowser, Samus and Donkey Kong. Well to me anyway.

But yeah, taller characters shouldn't be an issue. So anyhow, Bowser now clips through soft platforms. Maybe Ridley would too, depending on how upright his stance would be. I'd imagined he'd be hunched like Brawl Bowser. He normally has a hunched position in quite a few of the Metroid games.

Actually, it would be kind of cool to see him on all fours. It'd hit home with the feral appearance of Ridley. That kind of stance might not happen though.
Here is the Pizzadudemanguy's version :

I hope he will someday post it here himself, so we will have it with good quality instead of this one from my computer (if someone see him, ask him please) =/

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
If you were to stand a Raichu on top of Rosalina's head, Ganondorf would be as tall as that Raichulina.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
If you were to stand a Raichu on top of Rosalina's head, Ganondorf would be as tall as that Raichulina.

Quick! Someone draw Raichulina!

Here is the Pizzadudemanguy's version :

I hope he will someday post it here himself, so we will have it with good quality instead of this one from my computer (if someone see him, ask him please) =/
He does post in the Roster Discussion Thread. And he posted the Tetra support thread, so look him up there in those places and ask him.

I'd play that Ridley. :p And I'd be terrible at it because I can't heavyweight. But I would enjoy it.
I'm not the best with heavy fighters either. Hell, I'm no pro at Smash at all, but I can get some good wins online at the very least. I say you should try practicing with Melee Ganondorf. Or Manondorf, which ever you prefer to call him.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I'm going to nope out on Ganondorf. I practice with Bowser when I want to go heavy. And lucky for me, it looks like it'll be less painful in SSB4 than in the last couple of games.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm going to nope out on Ganondorf. I practice with Bowser when I want to go heavy. And lucky for me, it looks like it'll be less painful in SSB4 than in the last couple of games.

Ganondorf's manly Down Air Kick is so worth it though! You gotta like stomping people!

Speaking of stomping people, how about Ridley uses his Prime 1 stomp attack? It can work as an Air move. Perhaps it would be suited better as a special attack. Either way seems like a good close range attack to take advantage of. Maybe the Ridley stomp can spike.

Also, see how I brought it back on topic?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Ridley should be a heavyweight, in spite of his thin appearance I believe. All of the aerialists are lightweight so far, so it would help Ridley if he could be as heavy and slow as Bowser.

D

Deleted member

I would imagine that despite being thin, he's on the heavy side.
Then again, Other M bulky body gets rid of the "thin" aspect anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I would imagine that despite being thin, he's on the heavy side.
Then again, Other M bulky body gets rid of the "thin" aspect anyway.

But can we at least not have the duck mouth? That's all I ask when it comes to Other M Ridley. I can take him being on steroids, and I can take the 90's anti-hero spikes being thrown all over his design too.

Top Bottom