• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Isn't it obvious?
Ridley's Forward Smash will be a quick thrust palm just like Luigi.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Since Ridley will be a Charizard clone (:troll:), it must be hitting the enemy with his pencil neck.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
So what do you guys think about Ridley's gameplay? Will he be a fast character like fox or just strong like Donkey Kong? To me Ridley fits as a fast character and we need fast villians not just strong ones.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
FIND? Darn it now you've got me wondering why anyone would've thought to make this..

Never question my searching skills.

It was actually said searching episodes that led me to find this site, particularly one of the older Ridley threads.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It was actually said searching episodes that led me to find this site, particularly one of the older Ridley threads.
I've had some searching episodes as well, but I fully doubt they're anything like yours, you have to have fantastic searching skills to find that Ridley/Squirtle image. Speaking of older Ridley threads I think I'll have to check to some of the old Brawl character support threads again sometime, I haven't looked past the 1st page of them.

majora_787

Smash Hero
And at this point it's like the second most shown stage in the Pic of the Day, but not a single sign of Ridley. I keep doubting more and more that he is a stage hazard, and believing more and more in his playability.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yeah...

I think it's pretty safe to say that Ridley isn't a stage hazard.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm 99% sure Ridley is anything BUT a stage hazard at this point.

Even if Ridley is a boss again, it's still better and more likely than a stage hazard Ridley.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
So what do you guys think about Ridley's gameplay? Will he be a fast character like fox or just strong like Donkey Kong? To me Ridley fits as a fast character and we need fast villians not just strong ones.

By now I thought it went without saying that this reference fit for pretty much everything (size, speed, model, etc.)

I'd actually see him as an inverse of Charizard in a sense. Slow dash speed (bipedal running vs. Charizard's hover-run), relatively slow attacks but with greater range (as to be expected of a 'biggun), and dramatically improved mobility while airborne (again vs. Charizard's "I can't believe it's not air-crawling" glide and lackluster jumps/recovery). I do think that both Ridley and Samus should be at least somewhat quick to reflect their Other M selves. I'd prefer they save the "slow" destined mortal enemies bit to Link and Ganondorf, mid-average ones to Mario and Bowser (who evidently want to kill each other but not before a round of golf), and fast paced/deadly "You killed my parents/army, prepare to die" duo to Samus and Ridley.

Of course today's update/comment about balance just kind of seems that really unlikely to me. Ah well, still <3 dat Pyrosphere.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I am trying to think of the purpose to the giant tunnel he showed a while back aside from Ridley entering and leaving.

I think another purpose could be is that is how the lava from the Pyrosphere is drained if the stage's hazard happens to be rising/falling lava/acid (like with Planet Zebes, Brinstar, and Norfair).

However, there is also another interesting similarity between Metroid stages. They usually feature a cameo of a Metroid enemy. Planet Zebes had Ridley (his Super Metroid sprite flies in the background), Brinstar possibly had Torizo (that Chozo Statue that comes to life), Brinstar Depths had Kraid (I miss this stage so much), and Frigate Orpheon had the Parasite Queen. Only Norfair didn't feature a Metroid enemy cameo.

However, the only one that contributed to being a stage hazard was Kraid, but still interesting nevertheless.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I am trying to think of the purpose to the giant tunnel he showed a while back aside from Ridley entering and leaving.

I think another purpose could be is that is how the lava from the Pyrosphere is drained if the stage's hazard happens to be rising/falling lava/acid (like with Planet Zebes, Brinstar, and Norfair).

However, there is also another interesting similarity between Metroid stages. They usually feature a cameo of a Metroid enemy. Planet Zebes had Ridley (his Super Metroid sprite flies in the background), Brinstar possibly had Torizo (that Chozo Statue that comes to life), Brinstar Depths had Kraid (I miss this stage so much), and Frigate Orpheon had the Parasite Queen. Only Norfair didn't feature a Metroid enemy cameo.

However, the only one that contributed to being a stage hazard was Kraid, but still interesting nevertheless.
I'm gonna go and say that I think the tunnel is only used for decoration.

If Pyrosphere had a hazard I feel we would have seen it by now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As much as it makes sense for Ridley to fly in and out of the holes should he be a hazard, the high count of Pyrosphere pics and the amount of time that has passed since the stage was first shown has made me more inclined to believe Ridley is not a hazard, and I have some doubts that there will be any hazards on the stage at all.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well, since Newcomer fighters are getting those special CG videos... perhaps that's where Ridley will make his entrance from in his? Don't really see any other purpose for it outside of references to Other M.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
Well so far we have learned very little about the stages shown to us in general.

If Sakurai really intended for it to be the stage where in Ridley will make his debut as a playable character, then why all the empty no-stage hazard pictures while quoting at first "An enemy from Samus' past". He must be pretty dumb if people are gonna think that after all the "No-sign-of-Ridley" pictures, they still think there's a chance of him being a stage hazard making them think that, "HOLY ****, I'M GETTIN' NERVOUS! IS RILDEYRILEYRDILEY PLAYABLE?@#$%". It's been like months and still not picture of Ridley which made people think that Ridley CAN'T be a stage hazard (Still possible), now you got people thinking that you're teasing Ridley which is actually a possible scenario.

Genius. FFS, just show Ridley already and either revive or kill the hype because Smash 4 hype is as dead as the reception of CoD:Ghost.

Because black is better than dark gray.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Has anyone even considered if the holes are just aesthetic, and they serve no purpose?
For the stage itself it's most likely just aesthetics yeah. Maybe they could be used in a trailer where Ridley is announced as a playable character, but they seem to have no gameplay function whatsoever.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Maybe the holes are just like the Pokemon on the Pokemon Stadium 2? Do nothing and just make the stage look nicer

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
So many pyrosphere pictures and still no ridley im very positive that ridley is not a hazard now but still possible in the bows catergory though

But i fell like the shark music has started because for weird reason i think ridley is going to be character 18
(But really i think its going to be zelda or little mac maybe both on the same month)

Top Bottom