• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
In every game, Ridley is more and more prominent. If he's not a stage hazard, this very well might be the game. From a background sprite to an intro model and a trophy to two boss fights, two fight themes, two trophies, a sort of 'home stage', and two stickers

all the way to movie-introduction unlockable newcomer?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Based on the fact that (I personally believe) Smash hype is dying very quickly, Ridley would be a great choice to reveal in the Nintendo Direct next month.

I'm certain we'll see something Smash Bros. related. The reveal trailer was title "First Trailer " or something to that degree, so i'm sure we're going to see more than 2, which may mean we're getting newcomers next month.

Like I said, now would be the perfect time to reveal Ridley. I almost feel like the hype couldn't die out after that.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
+1 Support

Seriously, Metroid is long overdue for another Smash representative on legacy alone and Ridley is the obvious choice.

Also, I'd love to see all the Ridley fan basher's heads explode if he's revealed to be playable, after they ridiculed everyone who kept hope despite the infamous "enemy from Samus' past" quote.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I was actuallt thinking about Ridley at work today.

Lmfao like he is a women.

Burned a hour real fast when thinking how awsome smash 4 could be.

I had a huge smile on my face and was deep in imagination while patroling (i work security at a site)

Thinking about just how awsome it would actually be if Sakurai puts him in the game.
Playing as him for the first time
Fighting to unlock him
And his challenger approching screen etc:

And just various things about Ridley omg....i had such a huge smile on my face then my supervisor called me on the radio saying why am i so happy and been constantly smiling for the past 40minz and walking sluggish......

2 hours later i was called in to the office for a drugs test!

Lmfaoooo...basicly at my work place they do random drug tests on the guards and if you get clocked (caught) with marijuana in your system etc: its a straight dismal.....!

Omg....yh i gotta give it up...i dont come here at all anymore really but i still think about you guys and Ridley this is actually happened.
RealTalk.

Lol....havent said that in ages...i know you missed it...(-_-)

Ridley is the only hype factor i got in this game atm with my changed life and only thing thats pretty much keeping me intrested in this game when there are other games im playing atm CoD Ghosts "& PKMN X.

Anyway seeing the dailt pic made me laugh of all the uproar of holes etc on this board. I had to stop by.

Anyway tc you lot i love you all still

Ow and Mewtwo returning.

- RealTalk -

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Based on the fact that (I personally believe) Smash hype is dying very quickly, Ridley would be a great choice to reveal in the Nintendo Direct next month.

I'm certain we'll see something Smash Bros. related. The reveal trailer was title "First Trailer " or something to that degree, so i'm sure we're going to see more than 2, which may mean we're getting newcomers next month.

Like I said, now would be the perfect time to reveal Ridley. I almost feel like the hype couldn't die out after that.
I'm thinking the next trailer will be in January, to kick off 2014 strong. I've got this gist for some reason that January will have 2 newcomers, where I usually use Chrom and Ridley as examples. For some reason I think they'd go well together, maybe because both already have their stages revealed.

But you're right, kicking off next year with Ridley would really raise the hype levels and keep it up for very long, in my case until release.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm thinking the next trailer will be in January, to kick off 2014 strong. I've got this gist for some reason that January will have 2 newcomers, where I usually use Chrom and Ridley as examples. For some reason I think they'd go well together, maybe because both already have their stages revealed.

But you're right, kicking off next year with Ridley would really raise the hype levels and keep it up for very long, in my case until release.
I feel that Palutena or Little Mac have high chances of being the next newcomers released.
Their anniversaries are coming up before 2014.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I feel that Palutena or Little Mac have high chances of being the next newcomers released.
Their anniversaries are coming up before 2014.
I personally don't think that newcomers will be revealed in time for anniversaries or game releases, I'm guessing they'll be revealed in batches when Sakurai and co. sees fit. But of course my guess is as good as anyone else's.

In my mind Little Mac is just glued to be announced with Mii and Pac-Man, though of course there's nothing to base that off other than the supposed leak.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I personally don't think that newcomers will be revealed in time for anniversaries or game releases, I'm guessing they'll be revealed in batches when Sakurai and co. sees fit. But of course my guess is as good as anyone else's.

In my mind Little Mac is just glued to be announced with Mii and Pac-Man, though of course there's nothing to base that off other than the supposed leak.
I honestly believe that a newcomer will be released around Christmas time, in a December Direct.
A little Christmas gift for all of the hyped up fans. I don't know, maybe.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Think of it this way. As of now, Smash 4 is the biggest release for 2014. We should expect a trailer next month in the direct. I'm expecting newbies in it.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm expecting newbies in it. I'd say the best choices for a hype reveal would be Ridley or K. Rool when it comes to newcomers. Mewtwo could create HUGE hype for the game as well.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Umm well its just a rumor and its busted if one of them come alone. Plus what you said about not all anniversarys glued if Zelda is revealed very early just like sonic that would be a huge coincidence. Because Zelda game comes out November 22nd one day after the punch out nes anniversary in japan

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm expecting newbies in it. I'd say the best choices for a hype reveal would be Ridley or K. Rool when it comes to newcomers. Mewtwo could create HUGE hype for the game as well.
That'd be best for hype certainly. I can see the next newcomers be any one of the following: Little Mac, Palutena, Chrom, and maybe Ridley if they want.

majora_787

Smash Hero
As amazing as it would be for hype, I somewhat don't expect Ridley just because I think he'd be a hidden newcomer.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
What happens if they show Ridley on the Pyrosphere the day before a Nintendo Direct without playable character recognition. Then near the end of the Nintendo Direct, Ridley interrupts Iwata/ Reggie/ Sakurai/Miyamoto and then have his newcomer trailer.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
What happens if they show Ridley on the Pyrosphere the day before a Nintendo Direct without playable character recognition. Then near the end of the Nintendo Direct, Ridley interrupts Iwata/ Reggie/ Sakurai/Miyamoto and then have his newcomer trailer.
A huge **** storm would occur and it would end with a bang of joy.

Groose

Smash Champion

That won't happen. We'll know if Ridley is playable or not the second we see him. How?
If he's scaled-down in size, then he's playable. If he's TOO BIG, then he's not. They wouldn't shrink him down and make him unplayable... that would be the ULTIMATE waste and slap in the face.
Next idea?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
That won't happen. We'll know if Ridley is playable or not the second we see him. How?
If he's scaled-down in size, then he's playable. If he's TOO BIG, then he's not. They wouldn't shrink him down and make him unplayable... that would be the ULTIMATE waste and slap in the face.
Next idea?
What if they, like, just showed the tip of his tail, enough to know it's ridley, but not enough to know the size?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Next idea?
what if they ALSO confirmed mega mushrooms on the same day, during the direct? that way it would make sense for Ridley to be big in that picture!​

let's see you talk yourself out of this! let me ask you, is there ANY PROOF that my theroy isn't an option?​

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
what if they ALSO confirmed mega mushrooms on the same day, during the direct? that way it would make sense for Ridley to be big in that picture!​
let's see you talk yourself out of this! let me ask you, is there ANY PROOF that my theroy isn't an option?​

I don't have to, you foolish fool! You're merely stating a foolishly hypothetical situation. One that most likely will not happen.​
I can't prove it wrong but you have no way of proving it right, and so it should be disregarded as foolish garbage.​
That is all!​

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I see the pheonix right game about ridley started again. For me on the subject i got good proof if ridley is very big sized like in the games. It could be a trick from the super mushroom item from melee, and brawl. So if ridley is big he could simply be in super mushroom form

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't think even Phoenix Wright could defend Ridley.

"You've killed millions across the galaxy in the name of biological warfare, I really don't see how you possibly thought you'd be found not guilty."

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't think even Phoenix Wright could defend Ridley.

"You've killed millions across the galaxy in the name of biological warfare, I really don't see how you possibly thought you'd be found not guilty."
No! No! No! You're doing it wrong.
"You've killed millions across the galaxy in the name of biological warfare, I really don't see how you possibly thought you'd be found not guilty."​
That's how you do it!​

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Wai thank you...

...although it looks like you had problems copying and pasting it.
Looks fine to me, you know with SWF new sig rules and such, it kinda limits it.

Anyways, to be on thread topic: I believe riddles is gonna be in, but will probably be revealed with mewtwo and other hype worthy characters at e3, assuming that this game releases in Dec 2014.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, okay, that makes sense then. :p

You could just take a picture of it and make it your sig though.

Back on topic though, I think a 2014 confirmation makes sense. March 19th, 2014 (the 20th anniversary of Super Metroid) or E3 2014 in May would be the perfect time to reveal Ridley.

Actually, I'd prefer E3, just because the thought of Ridley and K. Rool (maybe Mewtwo=???) getting revealed as playable characters in the same trailer would be HYPEEEEE!!!!!!

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Oh, okay, that makes sense then. :p

You could just take a picture of it and make it your sig though.

Back on topic though, I think a 2014 confirmation makes sense. March 19th, 2014 (the 20th anniversary of Super Metroid) or E3 2014 in May would be the perfect time to reveal Ridley.

Actually, I'd prefer E3, just because the thought of Ridley and K. Rool (maybe Mewtwo=???) getting revealed as playable characters in the same trailer would be HYPEEEEE!!!!!!
If the theory that Little Mac/Mii/Pac-Man are getting grouped together in a trailer of their own is correct, a villain-only trailer would be quite a feasible possibility. Ridley and K. Rool kick ass throughout the main trailer, then Mewtwo strikes back at the end to finish things with a bang. I don't know if I'd be able to contain myself if such a thing were to occur.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, I just found this amazing thread on the Project M boards.

It lists potential "Clone Engine" potential Project M newcomers that aren't playable in Brawl, Mewtwo, or Roy. One of the characters listed is Ridley.

In it, the OP lists pros and cons in the OP. One con in particular amazed me, and made me laugh out loud for like 10 straight minutes.
Cons
-Some people still think he's too big, which is ********.

GUYS! HELP!!!! I CAN'T STOP LAUGHINNNGGGGGGGG!!!!! :rotfl:

Top Bottom