• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
If the theory that Little Mac/Mii/Pac-Man are getting grouped together in a trailer of their own is correct, a villain-only trailer would be quite a feasible possibility. Ridley and K. Rool kick ass throughout the main trailer, then Mewtwo strikes back at the end to finish things with a bang. I don't know if I'd be able to contain myself if such a thing were to occur.
I think the fact that Little Mac, Pac-Man, and the Miis are all associated with boxing in some way adds to the weight of that. That might just be precedence for the grouping of newcomers due to a common characteristic (boxing, general evilness).

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
I'm pretty sure Ridley isn't a stage hazard. I just hope he won't be a boss....wait a second. ''An enemy from Samus' past may appear at any second''. I don't hope that means Ridley will have the same role as the Yellow Devil.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Ridley, K. Rool, AND Mewtwo condensed in the same trailer would be hype overdose. They need to spread them out for a steady stream of hype.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Remember the Megaman Hype? I think a Ridley, K. Rool, Mewtwo trailer could surpass that.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I can't remember the poll data but I'm pretty sure those three combined had more popularity than the Blue Bomber.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

"Are you really still trying to use Olimar's size as an argument here?"

"Olimar never had any interaction with any of these characters before Smash Brothers, so when placed next to them his size is not a problem at all! While Ridley has already been shown to be much bigger than Samus and all the other fighters, in Smash Brothers and Metroid!"

"Blend #73 is a bit too bitter, the same bitterness you will feel when Ridley is confirmed as a Boss!"

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118

"Are you really still trying to use Olimar's size as an argument here?"

"Olimar never had any interaction with any of these characters before Smash Brothers, so when placed next to them his size is not a problem at all! While Ridley has already been shown to be much bigger than Samus and all the other fighters, in Smash Brothers and Metroid!"

"Blend #73 is a bit too bitter, the same bitterness you will feel when Ridley is confirmed as a Boss!"

The Bowser argument can still be used, friend.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
Yet Olimar is way too big to enter his own ship in SSB4.
Also Olimar can be compared to a R.O.B head and Peach's crown thanks to Pikmin 2.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Olimar isn't even in size with the things from his own universe, I mean, look at those tiny seats. The only half-decent argument Shokio had in his video has been trampled.

It should be blatantly obvious that size isn't an issue, Sakurai constantly screws with canon intentionally, Ridley should be no exception.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Come on guys, olimar argument is not valid because we dont want ridley to be small.

Bowser used magic and thats why he is constantly changing his size, ridley is always shown to be bigger than samus and grab her with one claw, is different.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

"That evidence you just presented won't stand, have a look at this video."

"So, that explains the R.O.B head, a giant R.O.B! Unless you are stating that Captain Falcon is the same size as Olimar in the Pikmin games? As for the crown I would like to present this."

http://pikmin.wikia.com/wiki/Unspeakable_Wonder

"While it looks very similar to Princess Peach's crown, the only proof of this seems to be a Wiki page...not exactly decisive evidence."

"So, is there anything else? I believe the Bowser argument has already been cleared up."

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Come on guys, olimar argument is not valid because we dont want ridley to be small.

Bowser used magic and thats why he is constantly changing his size, ridley is always shown to be bigger than samus and grab her with one claw, is different.
We exactly do want Ridley to be smaller (that being the keyword, not small) because you can't just play as a character who's more than triple the size of Bowser, that'd be the biggest ****ery.

Point is that Ridley's size isn't important to his character. Sure it's nice for him to be able to hold Samus in one hand, but that's not really important to him. Not even Retro Studios themselves take his size seriously, he is resized throughout the course of the very same canon game, in Metroid Prime 3. Meta Ridley is ginormous in that game, but once he becomes Omega Ridley he becomes nearly twice as small.

So yeah, size isn't important to Ridley, he just needs to be able to stare down Samus, and given that Bowser can already do that it isn't a problem. Size isn't a problem for a character who has a lot more to him than just size.

"So, that explains the R.O.B head, a giant R.O.B! Unless you are stating that Captain Falcon is the same size as Olimar in the Pikmin games? As for the crown I would like to present this."

"While it looks very similar to Princess Peach's crown, the only proof of this seems to be a Wiki page...not exactly decisive evidence."

"So, is there anything else? I believe the Bowser argument has already been cleared up."
Implying Sakurai looks that far into things himself :smirk:

If Sakurai wants a character to be in, he's going to make his team either size him up or down to fit, it really is that simple.

Btw, sorry for editing out your pictures, but don't want the quote to be longer than necessary.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

So what about the Pikmin making a cameo in Toadstool Tour?

D

Deleted member

R.O.B.'s head in Pikmin 2.

Next **** argument that's done to death, please.

EDIT: I see someone has beaten me to the punch.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
In Metroid Prime Pinball, a spin-off game, Ridley was pretty much the same size as Samus so why would it be impossible in another spin-off game if it already happen once before ?

If you want to go by canon, Space pirates have shown that they can modify their body with science, so if Bowser is able to use his magic to adapt himself for the fight, what is stopping Ridley to use science ?

Not that anything canon matter that much in the smash bros series anyway or we would never have :
-Ness and Lucas with moves from other characters of their franchise,
-Luigi being able to use not only green fireballs but also without a fire flower (and even if he would have one he would lose it after he is hit once)
-A Blue falcon on the F-zero stages when Falcon is on the stage
And that is only 3 exemples.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
I cannot ****ing believe Ridley size arguments are still a thing.

Actually I can. If he makes it in and is resized, size arguments will probably somehow still be a thing.

In a world where Olimar is bigger than Kirby, there's no reason, no ****ing reason at all, that size should ever be considered a legitimate reason for keeping someone out of the game.

None whatsoever.

D

Deleted member

Pretty sure the fact that Charizard compared to Pikachu is pretty much the same "average" size difference (and don't get me started on Mewtwo compared to Pikachu) between Samus and Ridley renders the "characters from same universe size comparison" bull**** argument null and void.

But of course, there will be the idiots that say "oh, but that could be a GIANT Pikachu/TINY Charizard since Pokémon can be different sizes from their Pokédex data, derp.".

D

Deleted member

"The Mushroom Kingdom is filled with mushrooms that increase one's size, you will have to do better than that."
If you are insinuating that everyone in the entire world of Mario has eaten a temporary power-up while the Pikmin have not in order to render the clear evidence that Olimar and Pikmin are tiny compared to Mario and co. (Olimar's established to be less than an inch tall for crying out loud) void, then there's no hope for you.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
In addition to the laughability of the Pokémon, let's never forget that Ganondorf from TP is twice Link's size in the game, but much reduced for Smash.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

"..."

"The Mushroom Kingdom is filled with mushrooms that increase one's size, you will have to do better than that."

"Foolish argument."

"You have no proof that mushrooms are the cause. Your proof is a hypothetical situation that cannot be proven?"

"That is a foolish excuse and nothing more!"

"I rest my case."

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
>Olimar is smaller than a Gamecube disc, as shown in a comparison in a instruction booklet
>Gamecube disc is about half the height of a Wii remote
>Mario and Luigi are shown using Wii Wheels on cover of Mario Kart Wii, which would contain Wii Remotes

D

Deleted member

>Olimar is smaller than a Gamecube disc, as shown in a comparison in a instruction booklet
>Gamecube disc is about half the height of a Wii remote
>Mario and Luigi are shown using Wii Wheels on cover of Mario Kart Wii, which would contain Wii Remotes
"But they are from different worlds, so a Wii Remote can be a different size in Mario's world to one in Pikmin's world!"
"Those could be TINY Wii Remotes!"
*inset other straw pulling arguments here*

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945

"Foolish argument."

"You have no proof that mushrooms are the cause. Your proof is a hypothetical situation that cannot be proven?"

"That is a foolish excuse and nothing more!"

"I rest my case."

"If you have some proof that my theory is wrong, I'd love to see it. If not I guess the whole Toadstool Tour argument is a dead end."

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

"If you have some proof that my theory is wrong, I'd love to see it. If not I guess the whole Toadstool Tour argument is a dead end."
That's not how it works.

You need proof if you make a claim. In an actual trial, if you claim that a suspect committed a murder, you need evidence to show reasonable doubt. If you don't, the case is thrown out. This is essentially what your argument is turning into.

D

Deleted member

You have to be able to prove yourself right before wanting others to prove you wrong. Burden of proof is on you.

Prove that Mario & co. are really less than an inch tall like Olimar and found permanent Mega Mushrooms to be titans compared to him.
Prove that a Mario inch isn't the same as a Pikmin inch.
Prove that you aren't just some pathetic troll that has nothing better to do than say stupid things and expect people to take you as intelligent.

If you can't do any of this,

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

"I wasn't aware the the saying was "Guilty until proven innocent." In a court of law, you can't just say "this guy is guilty, prove me wrong." You need to provide evidence as to why the man is guilty and if the evidence is nothing but hypothetical scenarios which cannot be proven, then the man goes free!"​
"You made the claim. You have to back it up! Foolish fool!"​

Xhampi

Smash Lord
In Metroid Prime Pinball, a spin-off game, Ridley was pretty much the same size as Samus so why would it be impossible in another spin-off game if it already happen once before ?

If you want to go by canon, Space pirates have shown that they can modify their body with science, so if Bowser is able to use his magic to adapt himself for the fight, what is stopping Ridley to use science ?

Not that anything canon matter that much in the smash bros series anyway or we would never have :
-Ness and Lucas with moves from other characters of their franchise,
-Luigi being able to use not only green fireballs but also without a fire flower (and even if he would have one he would lose it after he is hit once)
-A Blue falcon on the F-zero stages when Falcon is on the stage
And that is only 3 exemples.
Not sure that you have seen it, so I repost it, I would like to know what a anti-Ridley person think of this.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Here's a canon argument for you.

Marth and Ike should be dead by the time of Fire Emblem: Awakening.

OH WAIT. MARTH IS IN SMASH BROS AGAIN.

D

Deleted member

I may have said it before as a joke, but why not just go by the logic of "between the time Ridley molted out of his adolescent body and the time Samus saw him in his adult stage in Other M, he had to have been smaller than his full-grown size" and give the explanation that a smaller playable Ridley is merely not fully developed rather than "shrunk"?

There. The "resized" issue is gone with a completely logical explanation.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

"..."

Are you seriously suggesting that every single character, even backround characters and enemes that function as hazards in Toadstool Tour are all under the effect of a temporary power up in order to become huge compared to the Pikmin, when no such thing was even remotely implied in the first place...?

You're funny. I haven't seen this argument been used before, and unsurprisingly an argument for Ridley I haven't seen is a grasp at straws.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
This is probably the worst argument against Ridley possible. Making stuff up now.

If being big was the only characteristic that mattered to Ridley, then it's a big deal. But he's got more than being big. He's intelligent, savage, and cold blooded. They could give him a moveset that is just nuts, and it would fit him well. That's because that is who he is. To put it bluntly, what makes Ridley Ridley, is that Ridley is an a-hole!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I left for some food and get back to see what I premuse is arguments for keeping canon intact in Smash Bros (Note: presume, can't bother reading such for the millionth time.)

How do people not laugh when making posts about keeping canon intact in Smash Bros? The canon of so many games have already been ***** to pieces. It's not an argument.

Top Bottom