• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
put the word spoiler in these [ ]

everything below it will be spoilered

to end one, put the word /spoiler in those

RAISE YOUR DONGERS

no wait, that was league of legends

RIDLEY IS TOO BIG

there we go
ok, what the hell is "raise your dongers"?

i keep hearing the youtuber northernlion and his [unfunny] friends say that same thing... WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!

sorry, hearing that phrase has become a berserk button of mine... added onto the many thousands of things that irritate the hell out of me.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I think I've just about finished up my rather big analysis of Ridley's situation at this point. I tried to cover all the significant pieces of evidence that point towards Ridley being playable, and I think it turned out alright. Though I would appreciate any feedback from you all on how I could improve this in any way. I'd like to be able to have the most comprehensive analysis possible to use for defending Ridley.

Ridley. It's possible that this has been the single most controversial character topic in Smash history. For all the support he receives, there's also a huge number of people who believe that a playable Ridley is simply impossible at this point. Now, I'd like to tackle this topic myself, and perhaps give people a better idea of just what Ridley's chances are at this point. So, to start things off, let's take a look at Ridley's credentials.

Why should Ridley be in Smash?

For the very few of you who don't already know, Ridley is the main antagonist of the Metroid series, one of Nintendo's most successful series, and is the most recurring character in the series besides Samus herself. Within the context of the games, Ridley is the one responsible for murdering Samus' parents when she was a child, unknowingly creating his arch-nemesis in the process. In that sense, Ridley is the one who started the plot of the entire Metroid series. In almost every Metroid game, Samus has to constantly confront Ridley is some form or another, and somehow he is always able to come back and fight another day. Frankly, Ridley is a pretty important Metroid character, and by extension, is an important Nintendo character. As a result, he would be an excellent choice for Smash.

Now of course, there is a huge amount of controversy about why Ridley shouldn't be in Smash, which usually has to do with him being "too big." However, I do not intend to dwell on that topic, so here's my brief response to that issue: size does not matter in Smash, characters are resized all the time, and there is no reason that Ridley has to be an exception to this rule. Now, with that out of the way, I'd like to talk about about something else: the Ridley we've seen in Smash. Ridley is rather unique among potential Smash characters in that we have already seen him in the game. Or rather, we've seen his shadow, which was shown during a segment of a Smash Direct that talked about the appearance of other boss characters. Considering how Ridley seemed to be teased as a boss character, and considering how he was already a boss in Brawl, it would seem that the logical conclusion would be that Ridley is simply a boss hazard on the Pyrosphere stage, and therefore is de-confirmed. However, I believe that there is more to this than meets the eye.

So, let's take a look at a few points that show why this "de-confirmation" may not actually de-confirm Ridley, and that maybe, just maybe, this could actually help Ridley's chances.

1.) How Sakurai usually de-confirms characters

As unpredictable as Sakurai is, he does have a few patterns that he follows in how he handles some of his reveals. One of these is how he typically de-confirms characters. When he reveals that a character isn't playable, he is quick and to the point about it. He doesn't tease the character beforehand or allow for much opportunity for people to think the character in question may be playable, he just outright de-confirms them. Here are just a few examples of how Sakurai has previously treated non-playable characters.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnZZEvggg
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlLqsgn_Q
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKluq9DPhw

As you can see, Sakurai is usually quite clear when he de-confirms characters, and it would seem that he likes to avoid creating unnecessary confusion or false hope amongst fans. This tendency of his was made even more apparent after the recent reveal of Robin and Lucina, when Nintendo made an official statement that Chrom would not be playable after he appeared at the end of Robin's trailer. So what about Ridley? It seems quite clear that Sakurai was teasing Ridley as a boss in that Direct. If that really is all Ridley is, why did Sakurai not clarify what he was? Even if he didn't want to actually show Ridley just yet, it would have been easy and beneficial if he just stated outright that Ridley would not be playable to avoid giving fans false hope. In fact, despite Ridley being heavily teased as a boss, we have yet to see any more of Ridley since the Direct. Despite being teased for almost a whole year now, ever since the reveal of the Pyrosphere, we have been given very little information regarding just what Ridley's role in the game is. If Ridley truly is a boss, there is very little reason for them not to show him at this point, and the way Sakurai has been treating Ridley does not match up at all with how he's previously de-confirmed characters.

2.) How Sakurai has teased newcomers

Just like how Sakurai has a certain method in which he de-confirms characters, he also has a certain method he uses to tease some of the newcomers we've seen so far. The best example of this is Palutena. Prior to her reveal, a new Kid Icarus stage was revealed that featured a Palutena statue. Along with the update came a comment that referred to the statue as a statue of "the Goddess of Light," which also mentioned how she was watching over the battlefield. This is rather interesting because Sakurai was clearly referring to Palutena, yet did not mention her by name, and the way he worded the comment almost made it sound like Palutena would just be a statue in the game. Later on in the Smash Direct, one of the Trophy Quizzes showed off a trophy of Pseudo Palutena, although at first it was shown from an angle that made the trophy look like the real Palutena. This gave a number of Palutena supporters a brief scare. At this point, it was clear that Sakurai was teasing Palutena in some way, and many believed that it was leading to an official confirmation. As it turned out, Palutena was indeed confirmed to be playable at E3.

Looking back, how did Sakurai tease Palutena? He hinted at her presence in the game (though never directly referred to her), and presented the situation in such a way that it appeared to some that she was not going to be playable, ultimately leading to her official reveal. This actually matches up quite well with how Ridley has been teased for so long; his presence in the game has been hinted at, though he has yet to be addressed by name, and he's been presented in such a way that it appears that he won't be playable. When you think about it, it makes sense for Sakurai to make it seem like characters people really want in the game are not playable, only to reveal them as playable later on. After all, it's much more exciting when a character you thought was unlikely gets in than when a character you thought was a guarantee is revealed. So perhaps Sakurai is doing what he did with Palutena to Ridley, in order to maximize hype when he's finally revealed.

3.) Ridley's size

Well, I did say I wasn't going to dwell on the topic of Ridley's size, but this is a somewhat different issue. As we all know, Ridley is a rather large creature, usually about twice Samus' height or more. Also, bosses in Smash are typically large, so that it's harder to dodge their attacks and easier for you to hit them. So, logically, if Ridley is a boss on the Pyrosphere stage, he would be large, and likely significantly bigger than a playable character. However, it appears that the Ridley we saw in the Direct may not be all that large. Basically, shadows on the Pyrosphere appear to be mostly static in size. Because of this, it is possible to get a rough idea of how big Ridley is compared to other characters. Here's an example of such a comparison (keep in mind that these are not 100% accurate).

Looking at this, it would seem that Ridley is relatively close to the size of Bowser. If that's the case, then that means that Ridley has been resized. Why would they shrink Ridley down just to make him a boss? Wouldn't that be counter-productive to making an effective boss? Speaking of effective bosses, that brings me to my next point.

4.) The Ridley we saw does not act like a typical Smash boss

In previous Smash games, bosses have typically followed a fairly basic attack pattern: stand still on part of the stage (usually the left or right ends), followed by either an attack or the boss moving to the other side of the stage while attacking (all this is usually done quickly). This is the basic pattern most bosses in Brawl followed (most notably, Ridley followed this pattern when he was a boss), and judging by how the Yellow Devil functions, it appears that pattern has carried over to this installment of Smash as well. So how does the Ridley we saw in the Direct act, and how does that compare to previous Smash bosses?

Well, Ridley starts out by flying in (slowly) from the right end of the stage, stops in the middle, does nothing for a few seconds, then (slowly) flies over to the left of the stage, and then immediately turns around and starts flying (slowly) towards the right. It's movements are also somewhat jerky and not very fluid.

First of all, that behavior does not match up at all with how Smash bosses typically function. What's most notable about how this Ridley acts is that, within the entire span of time he's on screen, there is no indication that he ever made an attack. Even his basic movements across the stage seem too slow to actually cause damage. That's a good ten seconds or so without a single aggressive move. That not only fails to match how bosses usually function, but frankly, that's just a bad boss design. This "boss" Ridley is essentially a mobile piñata. Not to mention the fact that this would be a very poor representation of Ridley, considering that he's usually a very fast and aggressive opponent in the Metroid games. If this is really a boss Ridley we're seeing, then it's a very poorly designed boss in practically every aspect.

Conclusion

So, what does this all mean? Well, we know that Sakurai usually goes out of his way to clarify when a character is or isn't playable, so it's odd that he has yet to officially de-confirm Ridley. We know that he can ambiguously refer to newcomers prior to their reveals and can tease them in such a way that makes it seem as if they may not be playable, which he has done for both Palutena and Ridley (though whether or not he's playable has yet to be seen). We know that the Ridley we saw in the Direct is not that large, meaning that he could possibly be at a playable size. And we know that the Ridley we saw acts very uncharacteristically for a Smash boss, or just well designed bosses in general. If Ridley really is a boss on the Pyrosphere, then that means that Sakurai, for almost an entire year now, has been teasing and hyping up a relatively small, slow, and fairly harmless boss version of a highly requested and controversial character. While that is a definite possibility, it seems somewhat unlikely. What is perhaps more likely is that Sakurai has been teasing a playable Ridley all this time, lowering our hopes in an elaborate attempt to maximize hype when Ridley finally makes his Smash debut.

So, what do you guys think?
This sums up everything we've covered in the thread neatly with a fancy little bow on top. Good job!

long ago, the Smash nation lived together at piece...then everything changed when the toobigiots attacked. only the ridleytar, master of all ridley elements could stop them. but when the supporters needed him the most, he vanished. A hundred years passed and my brother and I discovered a new Ridleytar, a Ridley bender named Ridley. And although his size arguments are impressive, Ridley has alot to learn before he can counter any foes. But i believe, Ridley can be in smash.
A Ridley Bender? @ Phaazoid Phaazoid confirmed for Avatar!

Also, Dark Dude tried to stir up crap and no-one jumped on him, and instead didn't care? If I could shed a tear... the thread wasn't malicious like usual for once.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I come back from SDCC and I see comments about "dongers".

What the hell are dongers, and what do they have to do with Ridley?

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
V2A571_0DABDDD12D5CA_001.gif

Roidley: "HEY BIG BRO! LOOK WHAT I FOUND! A PRETTY BALL TO PLAY WITH!"

Ridley: "What have I told you about personal space?! and....you found a what?..."

Roidley: "A pretty orange ball! it even has lighting!...Isn't it AWESOME?"

Ridley: "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS! ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?! THAT'S ARAN, YOU MORON!"

Roidley: "Ohh....can I play with it?"

Ridley: "I don't believe you...BUT WHATEVER!....Do whatever you want.....just...get out of my sight...."

Finally back with those two...

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
ok, what the hell is "raise your dongers"?

i keep hearing the youtuber northernlion and his [unfunny] friends say that same thing... WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!

sorry, hearing that phrase has become a berserk button of mine... added onto the many thousands of things that irritate the hell out of me.
I come back from SDCC and I see comments about "dongers".

What the hell are dongers, and what do they have to do with Ridley?
I would ask as well, but I don't think I even want to find out.

Alright, It's a league of legends reference. There's a character named Heimerdinger, who for a long, long time was terrible and unviable, but hilarious to watch. So when anyone ever saw him on a stream, it was RAISE YOUR DONGERS (donger means penis)

Then he got revamped and got good again, and there was a donger explosion all over twitch. The silent donger is the deadliest donger, ect.

A Ridley Bender? @ Phaazoid Phaazoid confirmed for Avatar!

My secret is revealed. I was a Ridley Bender all along

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Alright, It's a league of legends reference. There's a character named Heimerdinger, who for a long, long time was terrible and unviable. So when anyone ever saw him on a stream, it was RAISE YOUR DONGERS (donger means penis)

Then he got revamped and got good again, and there was a donger explosion all over twitch. The silent donger is the deadliest donger, ect.

Gotta love that league community. And don't forget; "raise em if you got em!"

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Gotta love that league community. And don't forget; "raise em if you got em!"
Dear god, the league of legends community was more toxic than random xbl players on CoD. Having been in both, I can tell you lol is a much worse scum pit, haha. At least in Call of Duty they stop at talking about your mom. On league it's all about anal fissures, and things that I would mention but I'm eating. No, if you ever play league, play with friends and mute everyone else, haha.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
You currently at SDCC Lizardon? Wicked cool!! I was able to go once in 2010. What's it like now?
Crowded, as always. I've been going there since 2012 to see the panel discussions for upcoming movies, but this time I went so that I could try out the Smash demos at the hotel nearby.

And no, nobody ever brought up Ridley, at least from my experience. The only character I remember talking about with someone was Waluigi.

CamZilla94

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5086-2929-3596
Switch FC
SW 2709 2387 5005
I know it's unrelated but some giant flying reptiles( Rodan, King Ghidorah) got confirmed for Godzilla 2.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
So what was the 'surprise' at Comic-Con? XD

Smash3ds delayed till fall 2015? Thank you for your patience?
Oh god, don't even joke about that. I think the world would die if that actually happened.

You people stalking me or something? lmao
Nah XD I just happened to see that on Twitter a little while ago but wasn't gonna bring it up, then I saw @ Phaazoid Phaazoid mention spotting you somewhere other than Smashboards so I figured I'd join in too lol.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Crowded, as always. I've been going there since 2012 to see the panel discussions for upcoming movies, but this time I went so that I could try out the Smash demos at the hotel nearby.

And no, nobody ever brought up Ridley, at least from my experience. The only character I remember talking about with someone was Waluigi.
Hahaha, yes as I remember it was very crowded and involved many hours of waiting in line. I remember it being fun though.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Ok, I think I've just about finished up my rather big analysis of Ridley's situation at this point. I tried to cover all the significant pieces of evidence that point towards Ridley being playable, and I think it turned out alright. Though I would appreciate any feedback from you all on how I could improve this in any way. I'd like to be able to have the most comprehensive analysis possible to use for defending Ridley.

Ridley. It's possible that this has been the single most controversial character topic in Smash history. For all the support he receives, there's also a huge number of people who believe that a playable Ridley is simply impossible at this point. Now, I'd like to tackle this topic myself, and perhaps give people a better idea of just what Ridley's chances are at this point. So, to start things off, let's take a look at Ridley's credentials.

Why should Ridley be in Smash?

For the very few of you who don't already know, Ridley is the main antagonist of the Metroid series, one of Nintendo's most successful series, and is the most recurring character in the series besides Samus herself. Within the context of the games, Ridley is the one responsible for murdering Samus' parents when she was a child, unknowingly creating his arch-nemesis in the process. In that sense, Ridley is the one who started the plot of the entire Metroid series. In almost every Metroid game, Samus has to constantly confront Ridley is some form or another, and somehow he is always able to come back and fight another day. Frankly, Ridley is a pretty important Metroid character, and by extension, is an important Nintendo character. As a result, he would be an excellent choice for Smash.

Now of course, there is a huge amount of controversy about why Ridley shouldn't be in Smash, which usually has to do with him being "too big." However, I do not intend to dwell on that topic, so here's my brief response to that issue: size does not matter in Smash, characters are resized all the time, and there is no reason that Ridley has to be an exception to this rule. Now, with that out of the way, I'd like to talk about about something else: the Ridley we've seen in Smash. Ridley is rather unique among potential Smash characters in that we have already seen him in the game. Or rather, we've seen his shadow, which was shown during a segment of a Smash Direct that talked about the appearance of other boss characters. Considering how Ridley seemed to be teased as a boss character, and considering how he was already a boss in Brawl, it would seem that the logical conclusion would be that Ridley is simply a boss hazard on the Pyrosphere stage, and therefore is de-confirmed. However, I believe that there is more to this than meets the eye.

So, let's take a look at a few points that show why this "de-confirmation" may not actually de-confirm Ridley, and that maybe, just maybe, this could actually help Ridley's chances.

1.) How Sakurai usually de-confirms characters

As unpredictable as Sakurai is, he does have a few patterns that he follows in how he handles some of his reveals. One of these is how he typically de-confirms characters. When he reveals that a character isn't playable, he is quick and to the point about it. He doesn't tease the character beforehand or allow for much opportunity for people to think the character in question may be playable, he just outright de-confirms them. Here are just a few examples of how Sakurai has previously treated non-playable characters.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAABnUYnZZEvggg
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKlLqsgn_Q
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAADMUKluq9DPhw

As you can see, Sakurai is usually quite clear when he de-confirms characters, and it would seem that he likes to avoid creating unnecessary confusion or false hope amongst fans. This tendency of his was made even more apparent after the recent reveal of Robin and Lucina, when Nintendo made an official statement that Chrom would not be playable after he appeared at the end of Robin's trailer. So what about Ridley? It seems quite clear that Sakurai was teasing Ridley as a boss in that Direct. If that really is all Ridley is, why did Sakurai not clarify what he was? Even if he didn't want to actually show Ridley just yet, it would have been easy and beneficial if he just stated outright that Ridley would not be playable to avoid giving fans false hope. In fact, despite Ridley being heavily teased as a boss, we have yet to see any more of Ridley since the Direct. Despite being teased for almost a whole year now, ever since the reveal of the Pyrosphere, we have been given very little information regarding just what Ridley's role in the game is. If Ridley truly is a boss, there is very little reason for them not to show him at this point, and the way Sakurai has been treating Ridley does not match up at all with how he's previously de-confirmed characters.

2.) How Sakurai has teased newcomers

Just like how Sakurai has a certain method in which he de-confirms characters, he also has a certain method he uses to tease some of the newcomers we've seen so far. The best example of this is Palutena. Prior to her reveal, a new Kid Icarus stage was revealed that featured a Palutena statue. Along with the update came a comment that referred to the statue as a statue of "the Goddess of Light," which also mentioned how she was watching over the battlefield. This is rather interesting because Sakurai was clearly referring to Palutena, yet did not mention her by name, and the way he worded the comment almost made it sound like Palutena would just be a statue in the game. Later on in the Smash Direct, one of the Trophy Quizzes showed off a trophy of Pseudo Palutena, although at first it was shown from an angle that made the trophy look like the real Palutena. This gave a number of Palutena supporters a brief scare. At this point, it was clear that Sakurai was teasing Palutena in some way, and many believed that it was leading to an official confirmation. As it turned out, Palutena was indeed confirmed to be playable at E3.

Looking back, how did Sakurai tease Palutena? He hinted at her presence in the game (though never directly referred to her), and presented the situation in such a way that it appeared to some that she was not going to be playable, ultimately leading to her official reveal. This actually matches up quite well with how Ridley has been teased for so long; his presence in the game has been hinted at, though he has yet to be addressed by name, and he's been presented in such a way that it appears that he won't be playable. When you think about it, it makes sense for Sakurai to make it seem like characters people really want in the game are not playable, only to reveal them as playable later on. After all, it's much more exciting when a character you thought was unlikely gets in than when a character you thought was a guarantee is revealed. So perhaps Sakurai is doing what he did with Palutena to Ridley, in order to maximize hype when he's finally revealed.

3.) Ridley's size

Well, I did say I wasn't going to dwell on the topic of Ridley's size, but this is a somewhat different issue. As we all know, Ridley is a rather large creature, usually about twice Samus' height or more. Also, bosses in Smash are typically large, so that it's harder to dodge their attacks and easier for you to hit them. So, logically, if Ridley is a boss on the Pyrosphere stage, he would be large, and likely significantly bigger than a playable character. However, it appears that the Ridley we saw in the Direct may not be all that large. Basically, shadows on the Pyrosphere appear to be mostly static in size. Because of this, it is possible to get a rough idea of how big Ridley is compared to other characters. Here's an example of such a comparison (keep in mind that these are not 100% accurate).

Looking at this, it would seem that Ridley is relatively close to the size of Bowser. If that's the case, then that means that Ridley has been resized. Why would they shrink Ridley down just to make him a boss? Wouldn't that be counter-productive to making an effective boss? Speaking of effective bosses, that brings me to my next point.

4.) The Ridley we saw does not act like a typical Smash boss

In previous Smash games, bosses have typically followed a fairly basic attack pattern: stand still on part of the stage (usually the left or right ends), followed by either an attack or the boss moving to the other side of the stage while attacking (all this is usually done quickly). This is the basic pattern most bosses in Brawl followed (most notably, Ridley followed this pattern when he was a boss), and judging by how the Yellow Devil functions, it appears that pattern has carried over to this installment of Smash as well. So how does the Ridley we saw in the Direct act, and how does that compare to previous Smash bosses?

Well, Ridley starts out by flying in (slowly) from the right end of the stage, stops in the middle, does nothing for a few seconds, then (slowly) flies over to the left of the stage, and then immediately turns around and starts flying (slowly) towards the right. It's movements are also somewhat jerky and not very fluid.

First of all, that behavior does not match up at all with how Smash bosses typically function. What's most notable about how this Ridley acts is that, within the entire span of time he's on screen, there is no indication that he ever made an attack. Even his basic movements across the stage seem too slow to actually cause damage. That's a good ten seconds or so without a single aggressive move. That not only fails to match how bosses usually function, but frankly, that's just a bad boss design. This "boss" Ridley is essentially a mobile piñata. Not to mention the fact that this would be a very poor representation of Ridley, considering that he's usually a very fast and aggressive opponent in the Metroid games. If this is really a boss Ridley we're seeing, then it's a very poorly designed boss in practically every aspect.

Conclusion

So, what does this all mean? Well, we know that Sakurai usually goes out of his way to clarify when a character is or isn't playable, so it's odd that he has yet to officially de-confirm Ridley. We know that he can ambiguously refer to newcomers prior to their reveals and can tease them in such a way that makes it seem as if they may not be playable, which he has done for both Palutena and Ridley (though whether or not he's playable has yet to be seen). We know that the Ridley we saw in the Direct is not that large, meaning that he could possibly be at a playable size. And we know that the Ridley we saw acts very uncharacteristically for a Smash boss, or just well designed bosses in general. If Ridley really is a boss on the Pyrosphere, then that means that Sakurai, for almost an entire year now, has been teasing and hyping up a relatively small, slow, and fairly harmless boss version of a highly requested and controversial character. While that is a definite possibility, it seems somewhat unlikely. What is perhaps more likely is that Sakurai has been teasing a playable Ridley all this time, lowering our hopes in an elaborate attempt to maximize hype when Ridley finally makes his Smash debut.

So, what do you guys think?
So I just saw this, and I just wanted to let you know I'm currently writing an analysis for The Week in Review on Ridley, his playability, and how he would play. I already have a lot of points from here, but written in different ways, lol. If I had known you were making something like this I would've told you (I've definitely posted it in this thread at some point but I can't blame you for missing a post, this thread goes sooo fast)

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
Has anyone noticed that the hole in Pyrosphere is shaped like Ridley's head?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Has anyone noticed that the hole in Pyrosphere is shaped like Ridley's head?
Well, yeah, he did make it after the battle in Other M.

But it's a nice little detail that shows how much attention the developers put in making each stage look good.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
So I just saw this, and I just wanted to let you know I'm currently writing an analysis for The Week in Review on Ridley, his playability, and how he would play. I already have a lot of points from here, but written in different ways, lol. If I had known you were making something like this I would've told you (I've definitely posted it in this thread at some point but I can't blame you for missing a post, this thread goes sooo fast)
You can never have too many in-depth analyses about Ridley, I think.

Xenorange

Smash Lord

Do they still have those huge bags??!!

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Do they still have those huge bags??!!
If you mean the bags that were big enough to carry Ridley in, then no, I don't think they're making them anymore. :(

The bags I used were pretty large, though.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
After all, there just so much to analyze. I mean, just so much of Ridley. In terms of size. Because Ridley is really big.
Well, it is a big topic, at least.

But that joke was just bad.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
If you mean the bags that were big enough to carry Ridley in, then no, I don't think they're making them anymore. :(

The bags I used were pretty large, though.
Awww what a shame, I loved those things. All comic con swag is good though. :chuckle:

Last edited:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Guy on the subreddit is pretending to be captain falcon, doing an AMA (for those who don't know what that is, think community interview)

Somebody asks: Who is your favorite Spice Girl?

Falcon: Chrom

xD

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Alright, It's a league of legends reference. There's a character named Heimerdinger, who for a long, long time was terrible and unviable, but hilarious to watch. So when anyone ever saw him on a stream, it was RAISE YOUR DONGERS (donger means penis)

that is stupid... and it makes no sense.

also, i swear if i hear that stupid phrase one more time... EVERYONE is going down... andrea's rage will be like the mewling of a tiny kitten compared to my wrath!!! :evil:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
that is stupid... and it makes no sense.

also, i swear if i hear that stupid phrase one more time... EVERYONE is going down... andrea's rage will be like the mewling of a tiny kitten compared to my wrath!!! :evil:
So you mean if it happens again... Dongers will be raised? That's what I'm hearing from that statement. Definitely the raising of Dongers. Knock' em if you got 'em.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
So you mean if it happens again... Dongers will be raised? That's what I'm hearing from that statement. Definitely the raising of Dongers. Knock' em if you got 'em.
...and there goes the whole thread, every last person in it.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I remember the time I got flamed out of a beginner Bots match in League because I died once.

And people say it's TOX-oh.

And you know, being witness to the massively stupid attempts at dismissing Ridley that take place on Gamefaqs makes me wonder. That place is ALSO exceedingly toxic. Why does it have such a low limit on the ignore list? ... Or a limit? At all?

Top Bottom