• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
oh... you people... are really pushing it...

...the things i will do to you... are beyond your comprehension.

ridley is calling to me... to slice those "dongers" off.

i think i'll do something much worse, though.
Unsure, but is that Higurashi or something? Those eyes tho.

Oh God, I just tried to imagine Ridley animated by Studio DEEN. I don't think my poor heart could take it.

Which makes me think of this: OHHHHHHH BANANAAAAAAAAAAAAA
This made me laugh way more than I thought it would. XD Expand Dong~

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
While I was at the SDCC tournament I got to talking with Smash Bros game testers and tree house guys. They are extremely aware of all the Ridley debating going on. Nintendo knows how popular he is. What it means though is anyone's guess.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
While I was at the SDCC tournament I got to talking with Smash Bros game testers and tree house guys. They are extremely aware of all the Ridley debating going on. Nintendo knows how popular he is. What it means though is anyone's guess.
All it means for sure is that we are really, really loud xD.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Everyone time to rate ridley again

And its a bad start even from all of the evidences even from the megaman picture of him in the air of the pyrosphere was not enough for a few people.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
How did they say it? In a way we should be excited? If they comment on it, and they know his popularity, there's no way they would make him a boss
So I'm going through my big analysis post and trying to credit all my images.

@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr , a similar image to this

is in your second page write-up. Where'd you get it?
You'll need to ask the user who's post that was in. I just copied and pasted most posts.

After you're done, would you mind sending me a coded version through pastebin for me to copy and paste over?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
How did they say it? In a way we should be excited? If they comment on it, and they know his popularity, there's no way they would make him a boss

You'll need to ask the user who's post that was in. I just copied and pasted most posts.

After you're done, would you mind sending me a coded version through pastebin for me to copy and paste over?
Sure.

@ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt , that pic was in a post from you. So was it
Looks like an @ Angelglory Angelglory to me, but I could be mistaken on that count.
Like Groose says? Cause I agree, it looks Angelglory.

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
>bad controls
>boring levels
>beyond what series is supposed to be
>bad soundtrack

You sure that's not Other M?
;It has fine controls (for me), unusual, not as good as Prime or classic Metroid games`s, but still you`re not walking on ice and so fast you can fall off into the botomless pit (how does that even works if he survived falling from higher distance?). THAT is what makes StH controls bad...or at least character`s movement.
;Well, fusion had similar areas...so...yeah, its nothing compared to Prime or Super Metroid`s areas.
;How is it? You still shoot, jump, beat bosses, **** enemies, solve kinda puzzles but not like those used in Prime 3,etc. Plot is still not something that is way too far from what Metroid had...its still bulls**t, but its not like evil magical unicorns and evil wizards with Count Big Bad Baddie as their leader are attacking Bottle Ship and Samus must give them Triforce of Milk while riding on an motorcicle before they will turn her and that ship into chocolate, with Samus slowly discovering her TRUE past and searching for that d*mn fourth Triforce of Milk while trying to find the computer room. It still has ski-fi feel and i don`t think weapon authorization is such bulls**t. My only problems with it was that there is no reasons to not authorize Gravity suit, Varia suit and Space Jump. Every other weapon could accidentaly kill someone. Even Grapple Beam because it can kill weaker enemies in Super Metroid and since humans are not as tough as rock and instead are very weak, it could kill them too. And Wave Beam could just pass through wall and kill someone without Samus knowing about that.
;There is still something GOOD in Other M`s soundtrack. Like Ridley`s theme.
Boring level design and bad soundtrack is the only parts of your post i agree with. At least there is less glitches or just buggy stuff like getting damaged for no reasons while on a bike. Yes, there is 1 game-breaking glitch, but you can`t trigger it if you are doing what you are supposed to.

False Sense said:
A lot of text
My eyes...burn...from this masterpiece...but there is something that kinda looks...wrong. Pikachu used from that screenshot with Bowser is bigger compared to Pikachu in the Pyrosphere screenshot. A little bit bigger.[/quote]

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Sure.

@ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt , that pic was in a post from you. So was it

Like Groose says? Cause I agree, it looks Angelglory.
I hath been summoned?

My current scale pic is this.

Sorry I'm not so active. I've just kinda run out of things to talk about.
View attachment 19546

Roidley: "HEY BIG BRO! LOOK WHAT I FOUND! A PRETTY BALL TO PLAY WITH!"

Ridley: "What have I told you about personal space?! and....you found a what?..."

Roidley: "A pretty orange ball! it even has lighting!...Isn't it AWESOME?"

Ridley: "YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS! ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?! THAT'S ARAN, YOU MORON!"

Roidley: "Ohh....can I play with it?"

Ridley: "I don't believe you...BUT WHATEVER!....Do whatever you want.....just...get out of my sight...."

Finally back with those two...
Only Roidley could enrage Ridley enough to make him forget that he has his archenemy in the most compromising position possible: Almost defenseless, and in the jaws of a dragon.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I hath been summoned?

My current scale pic is this.

Sorry I'm not so active. I've just kinda run out of things to talk about.

Only Roidley could enrage Ridley enough to make him forget that he has his archenemy in the most compromising position possible: Almost defenseless, and in the jaws of a dragon.
Wizards seems more accurate inmy eyes (but you did great too Dalek)

Weavel

Smash Ace
Hey yall, despite demand is their any possible evidence hinting at ridley's inclusion?

Forgive me if its been said but this thread to massive to check and I only just popped in.

Last edited:

CheeseBroJoe

Smash Cadet
Dear lord, the Rate their chances thread hurts my eyes... People really don't know what they are talking about regarding ridley, but there's no way to show them the error of their ways... Ignorance everywhere.

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Name at least three good original tracks from that game, then we'll talk.

As for Shadow, well...

Let's see, what's more disgraceful to a franchise: darker and edgier or misogynistic undertones?
IMO they are mostly boss themes like Nightmare`s, Rhedogian`s and Phantoon`s...but i think not everyone thinks so or even most of those who heard them.
I can`t listen to them because Youtube is not working for me...
What does "misogynistic" means? And i mostly care about gameplay in the games, not story or something like that. That is what makes a game...a game. Removing plot from that game would not hurt it. Or at least making it as simple as it was during Metroid 1 days...it would make it good or at least far above the "average".
Hey yall, despite demand is their any possible evidence hinting at ridley's inclusion?

Forgive me if its been said but this thread to massive to check and I only just popped in.
Mostly that Ridley shown in the Direct acts not like a boss, has small size, was not properly disconfirmed, etc. Nothing else.

UpsilonFox

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FLYINGDAVEno2
3DS FC
1134-7457-1617

Read post number 2 on the first page for the mountains of evidence we have to show he is almost certainly playable, the shadow analysis being the best part. People in this thread are also currently working to put more evidence in that post aswell.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I'm tired of people crapping on Other M. Sure the way they told the story sucked and had a few questionable points, but I thought it was mostly fine. Samus had to take orders from Adam just like everyone else in the 07th Platoon. If she was going to be a part of the joint mission she was never called to be a part of in the first place, she would have to comply with Adam's orders just like the rest of the team, that is how the mission worked.

Not to mention she was rebellious towards Adam in her GF days, so maybe she saw obeying his commands as some sort of redemption, despite it being destructive or dangerous at certain points(i.e. the "Hell Run" sequence).

And the Ridley scene was blown out of proportion by people. It was a bit too melodramatic. But like others have said before, who wouldn't freak out seeing someone who you presumed to be dead, let alone it being someone who's been constantly trying to kill you?

Last edited:

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Dear lord, the Rate their chances thread hurts my eyes... People really don't know what they are talking about regarding ridley, but there's no way to show them the error of their ways... Ignorance everywhere.
eh, some people are starting to have confidence in the great purple space dragon, though I agree, some of them give me brain tumors

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Read post number 2 on the first page for the mountains of evidence we have to show he is almost certainly playable, the shadow analysis being the best part. People in this thread are also currently working to put more evidence in that post aswell.
When people like you link newbies to my post for me

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
I agree with @ N Nat Perry . She shouldn`t have been on that ship anyway. So, she should have been at least told to GTFO. Its like if you would search for a missing dog in Area 51 if it would have existed. So, either "follow my orders and we will be fine with that" or "GTFO". At least she began to do whatever she wants after Adam lost contact with her and couldn`t control where she goes and what she is doing (so she would not steal cookies left by staff :troll:) and after he died. She could just kill them all so she wouldn`t need to follow Adam`s orders...but that wouldn`t end well and its something Samus would never do...at least until we will get Fusion sequel...Who cares about the plot in a Metroid game anyway?

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I agree with @ N Nat Perry . She shouldn`t have been on that ship anyway. So, she should have been at least told to GTFO. Its like if you would search for a missing dog in Area 51 if it would have existed. So, either "follow my orders and we will be fine with that" or "GTFO". At least she began to do whatever she wants after Adam lost contact with her and couldn`t control where she goes and what she is doing (so she would not steal cookies left by staff :troll:) and after he died. She could just kill them all so she wouldn`t need to follow Adam`s orders...but that wouldn`t end well and its something Samus would never do...at least until we will get Fusion sequel...Who cares about the plot in a Metroid game anyway?
Umm.... me. I understand how Metroid isn't really story driven because of it's roots being focused on gameplay more then story, but for people like an extra amount of story (which btw is given in an excellent manner in the Prime games) a sequel to fusion would be GREATLY appreciated as long as it's not handled poorly

Angelglory

Smash Ace
NNID
Angelglory
3DS FC
2750-1110-8929
Here, have all the pics I've made that I still have. These are all in chronological order of which they were made AKA the ones further down are the better ones!

Essentially, use the last one for the most accuracy.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
Hahaha @ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros , I think it's ok to care about the story in Metroid games at least a little bit. It is a significant part of the game, after all. Like the guy two posts above me said, the game is rooted in gameplay, but I'd like to appreciate whatever story the game has.

To add to what I was saying earlier, Samus and Adam didn't end things on the most positive, healthy note during the Galactic Federation days. Maybe she was a bit lucky that he let her be part of the mission, and following his orders was a way of repaying him for that, the rebellious days of being under his command in the army, as well as quitting, obviously. Then again, I doubt Adam would tell her to get out, though, so maybe she was complying with his orders just to repair their severed relationship.

And at the end of the game, we see that that was the only shot she got at reparation, due to Adam's sacrifice at the end of the game. Maybe that was Adam's way of paying his dues.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I know it's unrelated but some giant flying reptiles( Rodan, King Ghidorah) got confirmed for Godzilla 2.
Nice to hear that, King Ghidorah is one of my favorite monsters and I also like Rodan, so I'm looking forward to seeing them again.

Who cares about the plot in a Metroid game anyway?
A lot of people do, and ironically, so does the man behind Other M himself: Sakamoto. One of his main goals of the game was to bring his version of the character to life, and you can tell as the main focus of the game is on the story. No other Metroid game has been so linear that it actually punished you for exploring and locked you out of previous areas to the point of a door locking just behind you, no other Metroid game had so many cutscenes dedicated to the character's thought and interactions, and it's also has a theatre mode where it's basically cutscenes tied together with spare pieces of gameplay.

At the very least, it was meant to be a major part of the game. Whether or not it was placed above the gameplay, we don't know for certain, but it was definitely given a lot of priority.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Here, have all the pics I've made that I still have. These are all in chronological order of which they were made AKA the ones further down are the better ones!

Added to post 2 :)

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Wouldn't that give Nintendo more of a reason to outright reveal him as a stage hazard, assuming that he is indeed one? If they are aware of the controversy regarding his inclusion, I imagine that they would put their foot down on the matter and outright disconfirm him if he isn't playable. But it's been 11 months since the teasing began, and we still haven't had full closure.

I honestly can't see them doing this unintentionally.

It's kind of ironic that our size estimates for Ridley since the Direct are actually somewhat smaller than the mockups we made over the past months.

Last edited:

Turokman5896

Smash Lord
Is other m canon? I'm curious now. And I've always believed both Samus' personality and metroids story came through environments and actions.

Those Ridley models are interesting, he fits in quite nicely!

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
ridley has to be playable... if we can make him look a decent size to fit in the roster, and even come up with moves for him, and nintendo is well aware of this world war occurring on the internet between ridley lovers and haters... yet STILL do not outright deconfirm ridley... there just cant be any other outcome to this except a playable ridley.

otherwise, nintendo must be feeling suicidal. :evil:

Weavel

Smash Ace
Well I looked over the evidence and was really meh, but then it brought up the point of how a lot of characters were already were made bigger for the game(olimar) or smaller (ganondorf) ect. But it felt like a stretch for him to be a stage hazard and a character at the same time.

I know toon link is a background character on his stage when not in play but he doesn't attack people.

I'd say i'm 40/60 on this, he seems have some strong stuff against him and only moderately strong stuff with him.

If anyone thinks I didnt see a certain piece of evidence give me a holler, but this is just how I feel right now.

Personally I'd love a character like Ridley as his size could work against him since he is so easy to hit, but could pull of some really cool moves.

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
One thing I think many people here have concluded is that if Ridley is playable, he would have to appear in an all-new model specifically re-proportioned (not just rescaled) for the game.

I think a boss and playable Ridley is also a bit of a stretch. At least for the Spirit Tracks stage the Alfonzo effect doesn't affect the gameplay. It wouldn't fit the Pyrosphere to have a different version of Ridley. Then again, the Other M Ridley is a completely different being from Ridley, so maybe that wouldn't be an issue, but it would still be weird.

Last edited:
Top Bottom