• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

majora_787

Smash Hero
Also, I am a pre-brawl veteran myself. I just didn't contribute as much then as I have now. Considering I was like. Ten.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
So, does anyone believe the 4-trophy theory from the April direct? I'm somewhat partial to it (because of Ridley's theme playing during the trophy quiz) and because I was told Ghirahim's theme played somewhere in the direct. I can't find it, though. Was it actually played anywhere, and was it his actual theme or his battle theme?

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I worship Nah, run the Shipping Department, am the resident Text-Wall Architect and take care of the Ridley Crocodiles.

@Dalek_Kolt loves Shadows, Sizes, and Models. He also likes MLP and is the keeper of our Splounge Water.

@Smashoperatingbuddy123 Also loves Shadows, Sizes, and Models.

@Oasis_S is the Strongest and owns the thread, although he is a fallen Ridley supporter.

@ majora_787 majora_787 Eats Toobigots and is friends with Sakurai's cat.

@Phaazoid is the King of Opinions, wants to ship with Majora, is a Pre-Brawl Veteran, and rides a Mega Charizard.

@Ridley_Prime is another Pre-Brawl Veteran

@Anomilus is as well (I think)

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC makes SUPER GOOD very high quality Ridley Artwork and is one of our Propoganda Artists

@SchAlternate is the same as @ AndreaAC AndreaAC but also makes excellent Ridley related GIFs.

@TitanTeaTime is in charge of the random Animal GIFs

@ IsmaR IsmaR scares me keeps this thread and us Space Pirates in line, think of her(female yes?) as a Pseudo Commander.

@ aldelaro5 aldelaro5 Writes 10 page essays refuting Ridley's detractors.

@Zem-raj does too, but not 10 pages.

@ AustarusIV AustarusIV is our token Charizard and part of the Realism Squad.

@ Angelglory Angelglory Wizardglory is excellent with 3D models and posts excellent art.

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros is also good with models and is our resident L33TSP34K expert.

@WayfaringElf is the Bringer of Hope

@_______________ Lurks in the Shadows and is the Like Giver.

@Ryuma does the same ^

@ender_idk does so as well ^

@AbioFlesh created our wonderful Lounge Sign (Found Here)

Roidley is the resident punching bag.

Other notables (just as good as everyone else, just couldn't name their "roles"):
@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr
@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@Zuba Oki

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101
@Thermithral

Better yet, just read this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-splounge-water.324284/page-923#post-16924361

This ^ will give you a good idea of what we all do in here and who some of the more prominent members are.

I suggest that other newcomers read that as well.
I got tagged but didn't get an alert while those were enabled.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I guess the trophy thing MIGHT pan out? I mean I guess Zelda COULD get a newcomer. I just seriously doubt it would be Ghirahim.

yosharioIII

Smash Apprentice
I worship Nah, run the Shipping Department, am the resident Text-Wall Architect and take care of the Ridley Crocodiles.

@Dalek_Kolt loves Shadows, Sizes, and Models. He also likes MLP and is the keeper of our Splounge Water.

@Oasis_S is the Strongest and owns the thread, although he is a fallen Ridley supporter.

@Phaazoid is the King of Opinions, wants to ship with Majora, is a Pre-Brawl Veteran, and rides a Mega Charizard.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC makes SUPER GOOD very high quality Ridley Artwork and is one of our Propoganda Artists

@SchAlternate is the same as @ AndreaAC AndreaAC but also makes excellent Ridley related GIFs.

@ IsmaR IsmaR scares me keeps this thread and us Space Pirates in line, think of her(female yes?) as a Pseudo Commander.

@ Angelglory Angelglory Wizardglory is excellent with 3D models and posts excellent art.

@ BaganSmashBros BaganSmashBros is also good with models and is our resident L33TSP34K expert.

@Ryuma does the same ^

@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr laughs at @Phaazoid 's jokes.

@Jerry Applesauce is the one detractor who is alright.

Other notables (just as good as everyone else, just couldn't name their "roles"):
@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@Zuba Oki
@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101
@Thermithral

http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-splounge-water.324284/page-923#post-16924361

This ^ will give you a good idea of what we all do in here and who some of the more prominent members are.

I also lurk a bit. I don't say much usually until something specific actually HAPPENS though. But mostly I just follow the conversations until I miss a day, the thread jumps like 50 pages, and I get to pissy to read all of 'em. Woe is me, but 'tis the rough life of a Space Pirate.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I may be hated for saying that but I honestly don't see Ridley being playable without his Other M design (or at least a hibrid desing)

Btw I'm a Ridley supporter

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Now that is an interesting idea for another skin for playable Ridley, the raw data of the entire thread manifest in physical form into a chain of Matrix style green text building the pirate lords body. Our text literally, makes him stronger. :D

Am I to new to get a role? D:
@The Soulless One PUT HIM AS "AWESOME RIDLEY PLUSHIE MAKER" NOW.
DO IT BEFORE I DECIDE TO BRING THE AXE...AGAIN.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace

@Ryuma does the same ^

@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr
@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@Zuba Oki

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101

Sad I'am not at least a notable :c although the only thing I do consistently aside from general Ridley support, is post a funny pic or gif on occasion and nominate some members for the lounge, btw I think @Sagittarius should be our resident Ridley face plasterer.

And yes @ majora_787 majora_787 you do devour them:denzel:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, does anyone believe the 4-trophy theory from the April direct? I'm somewhat partial to it (because of Ridley's theme playing during the trophy quiz) and because I was told Ghirahim's theme played somewhere in the direct. I can't find it, though. Was it actually played anywhere, and was it his actual theme or his battle theme?
I was pretty sure it was actually Ballad of the Goddess. I think its plausible, but if it hints at any Zelda character, it hints at Ganondorf being revamped, so technically he's a new character. If we DO get a Zelda newcomer, the only logical choice if Impa, and no, not because of Hyrule Warriors. Hyrule Warriors helps, but Impa has been around since the beginning of the series. She wasn't in the game Legend of Zelda, but she was in the story (which wasn't told in the game itself) and she started Link off on his quest. The more recent younger Impa is the more likely choice for her being playable, though, with Skyward Sword being her most notable role to date.

That said, the known characters in the trophy theory were highly likely, anyway. We knew we'd get an FE rep pretty much and Palutena was basically a lock, so we don't know for sure if every franchise gets one.

I may be hated for saying that but I honestly don't see Ridley being playable without his Other M design (or at least a hibrid desing)

Btw I'm a Ridley supporter
Based on the shadow, we know its not 1:1 Ridley Other M. Personally, I think Ridley will be based on Concept Art Other M Ridley, which is FAR better looking. Concept Art Other M Ridley actually looks badass, and not a freak of nature like the actual in-game model.

Mistermagius

Smash Cadet

@Ryuma does the same ^

@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@Zuba Oki
@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101
@Thermithral

Thanks! :3 Man, the lounge has quite the amount of members. I look forward to meeting you all and stuffs >w<

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Other M Ridley as a whole looks far more badass with the bulkier build... except for that damn beak. Fix that and he's fine.

RidleyDX

Smash Ace
Why is the beak so weird anyway? OG Ridley has a freaking two bone neck, can't get any weirder than that.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Unpopular Opinion: I like Other M Ridley.

I think with a few touch ups to his design to give him the "cartoony" look of Sm4sh, he'd look great

Iddis

Smash Apprentice
I also feel Ridley should be revealed beside Ganondorf, and WOW! do you guys make pages crazy fast!

Last edited:

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
Why is the beak so weird anyway? OG Ridley has a freaking two bone neck, can't get any weirder than that.
It makes him look like that prerosaur with similar "beak" who has a name that i forgot or a duck. Pterosaurs and dinosaurs are awesome, but not ducks. If his beak will be shorter and curved down, then everyone will be happy. Except for those who doesn`t likes his bulky design, which is fine by the way.

Welcome, @Mensrea to this hellish thread filled with insane Ridley supporters that ship a giant space dragon with whatever they want (and i don`t like that - ridley can be shipped only with his reflection in the mirror) when bored and expand this creature of chaos so fast that a mortal human`s mind cannot comprehend it and just gives up. We are v3r7 d3lu510n4l f00l5 th4t c4n't 4cc3pt th4t rdl7 h45 b33n d15c0nf1rm3d. And we have a nice fan art too. Don`t drink the so-called "water", which actually is this thread`s blood, but since human`s mind cannot grasp its true form, humans see it as water and nothing more.

@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr , will you accept banners with 3D Ridley? And how big they must be?

Last edited:

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I
Based on the shadow, we know its not 1:1 Ridley Other M. Personally, I think Ridley will be based on Concept Art Other M Ridley, which is FAR better looking. Concept Art Other M Ridley actually looks badass, and not a freak of nature like the actual in-game model.
Yeah I like the Other M concept art too !
I just don't see the Classic Brawl Ridley model fitting the new colored artstyle of smash 4

Unpopular Opinion: I like Other M Ridley.

I think with a few touch ups to his design to give him the "cartoony" look of Sm4sh, he'd look great
YAY !
High Five my friend !

Last edited:

AndreaAC

@The Soulless One...I'm glad you added @Thermithral to the list but.....

YOU DIDN'T PUT HIM UNDER THE TITLE I TOLD YOU.....DO IT, NOW.

I know he hasn't finished it yet, but he's making a great affort by taking such challenge....

Mansana

Smash Apprentice
I sure wouldn't mind Other M Ridley, but I don't really care what model he looks like. As long as he looks like Ridley and his name is Ridley.

D

Deleted member

@The Soulless One...I'm glad you added @Thermithral to the list but.....

YOU DIDN'T PUT HIM UNDER THE TITLE I TOLD YOU.....DO IT, NOW.

I know he hasn't finished it yet, but he's making a great affort by taking such challenge....
@Thermithral and is making a Ridley Plushie
His post count and join date are still too "young" for me to move him out of the Rising Category, he will be moved, give it time. :)

Also you've just become infatuated with AC GIFs now haven't you? Is that what the AC in your name stands for?

BaganSmashBros

Smash Hero
...maybe i am the only one who thinks so, but i like in-game model more. It would be my favourite if it would have longer legs and different "beak".
This is relevant to me.
Oh...ok then...at least i make good jo- oh, no, i don`t...geez, im useless...

AndreaAC

His post count and join date are still too "young" for me to move him out of the Rising Category, he will be moved, give it time. :)

Also you've just become infatuated with AC GIFs now haven't you? Is that what the AC in your name stands for?
:) Oh well....

Oh yeah....like I said before, blame my cousins....after I nearly forgot about AC (I have done research and talked with my friends and family that are fans of it....but in actuality, I haven't been able to play the games...), they showed me some cool recent stuff.....AND nope, the AC on my Username stands for my second name and last name, my first name is Andrea......it is just a coincidence...

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

@WingedSnagret announces our cycles and runs the Writing Department

@ majora_787 majora_787 Eats Toobigots, is a Pre-Brawl veteran, and is friends with Sakurai's cat.

@Ryuma does the same ^

@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@Zuba Oki
@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3
@ Kalimdori Kalimdori
@ RidleyDX RidleyDX
@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
@Pacack
@Reila

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101
@ Iddis Iddis
@ Mistermagius Mistermagius

:sadeyes:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
@The Soulless One. To be honest I know I'm not that much of a star on here, but I feel a bit left out too. Oh woe is me... it doesn't really matter. I had a long hiatus a bit after the smash direct, so I can understand why I wouldn't be included.

Anyway I can see many things ahead for our Friendly Neighborhood Flying Purple Space Dragon Pterodactyl Pirate Who was recently a duck guy so until later my fellow space pirates.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

@WingedSnagret announces our cycles and runs the Writing Department

@ majora_787 majora_787 Eats Toobigots, is a Pre-Brawl veteran, and is friends with Sakurai's cat.

@Ryuma does the same ^

@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@Zuba Oki
@ MagnesD3 MagnesD3
@ Kalimdori Kalimdori
@ RidleyDX RidleyDX
@ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman
@Pacack
@Reila

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101
@ Iddis Iddis
@ Mistermagius Mistermagius

I'm part of the Realism Squad now?

...Eh, I don't mind, really. I guess I really have been somewhat cynical in this thread sometimes, and some of the reasonings used by certain members are kind of faulty IMO.

I will always be Charizard, even in spite of the fact that my avatar and main right now is Robin. :p

majora_787

Smash Hero
Why am I friends with Sakurai's cat again? xD I don't remember.. Is this a joke from earlier in the thread?

D

Deleted member

Why am I friends with Sakurai's cat again? xD I don't remember.. Is this a joke from earlier in the thread?
It was during one of the weird cycles where we were all making up absurd reasons as to why we knew Ridley was playable and how to unlock him, you were the one that said you talked to Sakurai's cat, iirc. In a second cycle of this kind of stuff I said that I had a steak dinner with Sakurai's wife and she gave me a completely convoluted way to unlock Ridley in the game written on a napkin when our dinner was over.

Last edited by a moderator:

majora_787

Smash Hero
It was during one of the weird cycles where we were all making up absurd reasons as to why we knew Ridley was playable and how to unlock him, you were the one that said you talked to Sakurai's cat, iirc. In a second cycle of this kind of stuff I said that had a steak dinner with Sakurai's wife and she gave me a completely convoluted way to unlock Ridley in the game written on a napkin when our dinner was over.
Oh, that's right. Speaking of which, Sakurai's cat told me Gematsu is real. That is to say, Gematsu is a playable character. And they have a Ridley alt. And their final smash is to ship their opponents together.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr , will you accept banners with 3D Ridley? And how big they must be?
Honestly any banner submissions at this point would be great seeing as I got none lol. But I guess the 3D ridley is fine if I get what your asking. Also, just a tad vertically slimmer than your sig would be great!

In other news,
Today @The Soulless One learned never to give people titles.

Why?

Because then we get spam of "wow i feel left out"

Last edited:

MrThatkidalex24

Smash Cadet
NNID
MrThatKidAlex24
I am the one who told you? :mad088:

darksamus77

Smash Champion
NNID
darksamus77
3DS FC
3282-3124-8340
What would I classify as? If I don't make the list, that's ok, you all know I'm a strong Ridley supporter regardless. Just curious is all.

Exegguter

Smash Lord
What would I classify as? If I don't make the list, that's ok, you all know I'm a strong Ridley supporter regardless. Just curious is all.
I didn't make it for some reason as well and I've been heer for a loooong time. It's okay I guess. As long as I can keep showing my inner hate agains anti-ridleytrolls <3

Top Bottom