• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
Hey everyone. I'm new to the boards, but I have come to sing praises to Ridley. Would this be the place for that?

Oh, and if/when Ridley is announced, I really hope it's not his Other M design. I dislike that design, and the game it spawns from. (No offense to those of you who appreciate Other M)

majora_787

Smash Hero
Hey everyone. I'm new to the boards, but I have come to sing praises to Ridley. Would this be the place for that?

Oh, and if/when Ridley is announced, I really hope it's not his Other M design. I dislike that design, and the game it spawns from. (No offense to those of you who appreciate Other M)
Welcome to the thread!

It's pretty safe to say that the model being used is Other M Ridley for consistency with Pyrosphere and Samus. It's not one of the more discussed things here because of it. Though there are more worthwhile things to discuss about Ridley and Metroid anyway.

EDIT: Well I guess we do bring up things like Dark Meta Ridley or Ridley-2 but those are generally not applicable to playable Ridley.

Last edited:

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
Welcome to the thread!

It's pretty safe to say that the model being used is Other M Ridley for consistency with Pyrosphere and Samus. It's not one of the more discussed things here because of it. Though there are more worthwhile things to discuss about Ridley and Metroid anyway.

Thanks for the Welcome!

I don't necessarily think it will be exactly Other M Ridley though. Samus is not exactly like her Other M design. I think it will be somewhat altered. Ridley in Brawl wasn't really like his Prime models, so I think it's safe to say there is a definite possibility of alteration of his model.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Welcome to the thread!

Thanks for the Welcome!

I don't necessarily think it will be exactly Other M Ridley though. Samus is not exactly like her Other M design. I think it will be somewhat altered. Ridley in Brawl wasn't really like his Prime models, so I think it's safe to say there is a definite possibility of alteration of his model.
Well yeah, it'd probably be a redesigned and altered model, but with the tail/wings/proportions that we have been able to extrapolate it's using his Other M design as a base at the very least.

Zuba Oki

Smash Apprentice
Edited in to my post.

I would also like to announce/reiterate that I would specifically very much like to hear feedback from the artists on whether or not any of you would be interested in running a Ridley Art/Image Thread.

I'll say it again:
I'm the one running the Shipping Department, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC just happens to accidentally provide opportunities for me and I ship them (whether she likes it or not :awesome:).

But I guess since @ AndreaAC AndreaAC has been the source for some of our best Shippings she can be the Co-Owner/Manager of the Shipping Department.

A position I just know she will love :awesome:
Whoa look at those sparks fly

Soulless One has Challenged Andrea for title of Ship Master

Place yer bets mates

I'm rooting for you Andrea-Sama

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
All are

NEXT SHIPPING PLEASE :awesome:

On a serious note:

I've decided to take the time to organize our plans for the Major Thread Creations that will take place in Ridley's subforum if and when he is confirmed playable. I have decided to organize it so that we can form a general consensus on the plan and work to prevent Duplicate Threads from being created.

Without Further Ado:

Ridley's Gargantuan Character Subforum (Working Title)*:
*If only the character subforum titles could be customized like this ^. Oh well. :ohwell:

Thread Creators/Owners/Managers (Tentative):

Ridley's Gigantic Space Pirate Lounge (Ridley Social Thread): @Lizardon
The Ridley "I was wrong" Thread: @Phaazoid
Ridley's Humongous Laboratory (Ridley Technical Analysis Thread): @The Soulless One (Myself)
"On a Scale from 1 to 20, How Beautiful is Ridley?" Thread: @ NintenRob NintenRob

These are all of the major threads that we, to best of my knowledge, have in mind thus far, listed with their respective tentative creators/managers.

@Lizardon An additional request for the Social Thread: Could you add @AbioFlesh 's Lounge Sign (with her permission of course) and my Lounge Employee List to the OP when that thread is created? Thank you in advance. (The Lounge Sign is on page 924, my Employee List is on page 923).

Also, I imagine that Ridley's subforum will have an "Image Gallery" type thread (as some other character threads do) with pictures and GIFs of him in-game. I would also propose that this be the place for Ridley fanart (Looking at you @ AndreaAC AndreaAC @SchAlternate @BaganSmashBros @Crocovile @Hotfeet444 and others) to be posted (or that can be its own thread). Or the Ridley fanart can be archived in the social thread or just be kept in this thread where it originated. Just an idea, but if anyone is interested, namely the artists themselves, let me know if that would sound good (and if you would like to run it) and I can add the planned thread to the list above.

One final question: the Shadow Analysis that has been done by @Dalek_Kolt @Smashoperatingbuddy123 and others is being archived in this thread by @ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr with the upcoming OP edit correct? So there will be no need to worry about the archiving of that information?

I would like to remind everyone that the threads above and their respective owners are all
TENTATIVE so they may change when the threads are actually created in the subforum. If anyone else has major thread ideas that they'd like me to add to the list above, please let me know.
I'm huge on competitive. So I'll make a "Competitive Tech/Competitive Character Discussion" thread if that's alright.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton

Welcome, but to stay here you must answer this question truthfully
Who would you ship Ridley with and why?
jk :troll:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

Here we praise @Phaazoid I don't know where you got this "Ridley" character from.

On a serious note. Guys. Banners plz.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I'd help with banners if I didn't suck at art. I apologise!
Anyway!

Y'know...

Up until the origins of "Roidley" were explained a while back in the thread, I thought the "o" had been added for the O in "Other M". Not muscle-enhancing drug addict version of Ridley.

D

Deleted member

Then do not provoke me...or else.
I'm lucky because you could never hope to kill me.

I've given all of my body parts in sacrifice to Nah.

I am a pile of ashes that has learned to type.

So I'm able to provoke you mercilessly until the end of time! :awesome:

Nothing Here
Or Here :troll:
@ AndreaAC AndreaAC
I just love to tease you <3
<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Last edited by a moderator:

Mensrea

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mensrea
Welcome, but to stay here you must answer this question truthfully
Who would you ship Ridley with and why?
jk :troll:

There is only one person who is deserving of a date with the Space Pirate King

God

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Ask Andrea. That's her specialty. :smirk:
Edited in to my post.

I would also like to announce/reiterate that I would specifically very much like to hear feedback from the artists on whether or not any of you would be interested in running a Ridley Art/Image Thread.

I'll say it again:
I'm the one running the Shipping Department, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC just happens to accidentally provide opportunities for me and I ship them (whether she likes it or not :awesome:).

But I guess since @ AndreaAC AndreaAC has been the source for some of our best Shippings she can be the Co-Owner/Manager of the Shipping Department.

A position I just know she will love :awesome:
connorresponse13_6_zpsf1e30d49.jpg

WHY, ME? I mean....I know I made a ship so true....that even someone said that will be supporting it until death....but....I can't run that department...

(I'm just like poor Connor right now....)

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
View attachment 18396
WHY, ME? I mean....I know I made a ship so true....that even someone said that will be supporting it until death....but....I can't run that department...

(I'm just like poor Connor right now....)
Welcome to the "I am creeped out by fictional dragons doin the do with fictional women" club

majora_787

Smash Hero
What about Ridley x Idenn?

EDIT: The Ridley thread is definitely a pirate thread with the shipping madness going on.

Last edited:

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
What the- I'm gone for 2 days, suddenly the thread is 50 freaking pages bigger, and there are more threads being created?!

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
What the- I'm gone for 2 days, suddenly the thread is 50 freaking pages bigger, and there are more threads being created?!

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

The only thing bigger than Ridley is our love for him, and well this thread too...

Anyway, I know they are buried somewhere in here, but I would love to hear some of your guys ideas for the move set for Ridley. I have thought of a couple ideas for him, but I want to hear what you guys (and girls "Andrea") think.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Don't take it to heart. This thread blazes by so fast, it's hard to blame newer members for not keeping track of everyone's account age. I remember you <3

Did you see my Tallon IV stage submission to the stage contest thread? I think you'd appreciate it.

And you never really catch up on the Ridley thread. 2 big 5 me, you know the deal xD
Eh, that's true. It's just I've had Ridleytalk with Reila here at least as much as the other old but still active users she mentioned, so it felt kinda weird not to be included in her post as well... >.> Not blaming anyone though for not knowing/remembering everyone's track record, but you're right still; shouldn't take it to heart, so my apologies if I had a bit of an overreaction.

I... think I saw the submission, but it's been quite awhile now to remember for sure. Link?

Like Anomilus said, this thread will reach page 2000 in 1/10th the time it took to get to 1000 at the rate it's going.

Ok so either way we could get new info.

(Unmasked the characters already shown that have to be unlocked. )
At most we might get a new veteran reveal from CoroCoro but I wouldn't count on much more.

D

Deleted member

O-oh..! 0.0
Well... I sure do think the dude is totally rad, we could be buddies! :3 I'd like to get to know the regulars in this thread better, that's for sure!
I worship Nah, run the Shipping Department, am the resident Text-Wall Architect and take care of the Ridley Crocodiles.

@Dalek_Kolt loves Shadows, Sizes, and Models. He also likes MLP and is the keeper of our Splounge Water.

@Smashoperatingbuddy123 Also loves Shadows, Sizes, and Models.

@WingedSnagret announces our cycles and runs the Writing Department

@Oasis_S is the Strongest and owns the thread, is a PRE-BRAWL VETERAN (sheesh...), although he is a fallen Ridley supporter.

@ majora_787 majora_787 Eats Toobigots, is a Pre-Brawl veteran, and is friends with Sakurai's cat.

@Phaazoid is the King of Opinions, wants to ship with Majora, is a Pre-Brawl Veteran, and rides a Mega Charizard.

@ Ridley_Prime Ridley_Prime is another Pre-Brawl Veteran

@Anomilus is as well (I think)

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC makes SUPER GOOD very high quality Ridley Artwork and is one of our Propoganda Artists

@SchAlternate is the same as @ AndreaAC AndreaAC but also makes excellent Ridley related GIFs.

@TitanTeaTime is in charge of the random Animal GIFs

@ IsmaR IsmaR scares me keeps this thread and us Space Pirates in line, think of her(female yes?) as a Pseudo Commander.

@aldelaro5 Writes 10 page essays refuting Ridley's detractors.

@Zem-raj does too, but not 10 pages.

@Lizardon is our token Charizard and part of the Realism Squad.

@Angelglory Wizardglory is excellent with 3D models and posts excellent art.

@BaganSmashBros is also good with models and is our resident L33TSP34K expert.

@WayfaringElf is the Bringer of Hope

@_______________ Lurks in the Shadows and is the Like Giver.

@Ryuma does the same ^

@ender_idk does so as well ^

@AbioFlesh created our wonderful Lounge Sign (Found Here)

@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr laughs at @Phaazoid 's jokes.

@Jerry Applesauce is the one detractor who is alright.

Roidley is the resident punching bag.

Other notables (just as good as everyone else, just couldn't name their "roles"):
@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@ Zuba Oki Zuba Oki
@MagnesD3
@ Kalimdori Kalimdori
@RidleyDX
@JaidynReiman
@Pacack
@Reila

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101
@ Thermithral Thermithral and is making a Ridley Plushie
@Iddis
@ Mistermagius Mistermagius
Better yet, just read this:
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-splounge-water.324284/page-923#post-16924361

This ^ will give you a good idea of what we all do in here and who some of the more prominent members are.

I suggest that other newcomers read that as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
The only thing bigger than Ridley is our love for him, and well this thread too...
Now that is an interesting idea for another skin for playable Ridley, the raw data of the entire thread manifest in physical form into a chain of Matrix style green text building the pirate lords body. Our text literally, makes him stronger. :D

I worship Nah, run the Shipping Department, am the resident Text-Wall Architect and take care of the Ridley Crocodiles.

@Dalek_Kolt loves Shadows, Sizes, and Models. He also likes MLP and is the keeper of our Splounge Water.

@Oasis_S is the Strongest and owns the thread, although he is a fallen Ridley supporter.

@ majora_787 majora_787 Eats Toobigots and is friends with Sakurai's cat.

@Phaazoid is the King of Opinions, wants to ship with Majora, is a Pre-Brawl Veteran, and rides a Mega Charizard.

@ AndreaAC AndreaAC makes SUPER GOOD very high quality Ridley Artwork and is one of our Propoganda Artists

@SchAlternate is the same as @ AndreaAC AndreaAC but also makes excellent Ridley related GIFs.

@ IsmaR IsmaR scares me keeps this thread and us Space Pirates in line, think of her(female yes?) as a Pseudo Commander.

@Ryuma does the same ^

Other notables (just as good as everyone else, just couldn't name their "roles"):
@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr
@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@ Zuba Oki Zuba Oki

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...-splounge-water.324284/page-923#post-16924361

This ^ will give you a good idea of what we all do in here and who some of the more prominent members are.

Am I to new to get a role? D:

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
xD Do I really "eat toobigots"? I wouldn't say I'm THAT bad.

EDIT: Yes. Fire Emblem Awakening is the sequel to Fire Emblem's "SHIP EVERYONE". And this one succeeded much more than anyone ever imagined.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

@Oasis_S is the Strongest and owns the thread, although he is a fallen Ridley supporter.

@ majora_787 majora_787 Eats Toobigots and is friends with Sakurai's cat.

@Ryuma does the same ^

@ Con0rrrr Con0rrrr
@Wariofan1
@The King of Skulls
@TheWozny
@ Zuba Oki Zuba Oki

Rising:
@TehEpicRyuga
@Sigran101

Need a role for Connor? I'll be the dude that does the stuff that helps out with the people that like Ridley.

I also laugh at Phaazoid's jokes.

Top Bottom