• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I would suggest Phaazoid, Ismar or Andrea, personally. I do agree that more active users should get priority in creating the mandatory threads.
Well if you're gonna include all or at least most of the active remaining pre-Brawl supporters here, majora and I deserve mention as well. :glare:

I think that's a hard thing to scale

'specially since some people have been here since pre brawl

not that I want that thread, or am necessarily disagreeing, or saying he's not a huge awesome or one of the biggest fans

but that's a hard definitive claim to make
It is. Debating/determining whose the biggest supporter (no pun intended) is just kind of an ego-stroking contest waiting to happen.

Just a question

Was corocoro thw one who leaked that giga leak for smash bros brawl.
Nope. They claimed they were gonna show the "full roster" in an upcoming issue during December 2007 or so, but in the end only showed the starting roster that was already available on the Smash website.

Hey guys so metroid stage wise, what are you hoping for? aside from the generic metroid lava stages
Phendrana Drifts, SkyTown/Elysia, maybe Sanctuary Fortress, and uh.. yeah. All pipe-dreams at this point though.

FINALLY CAUGHT UP ON ALL THE NEW POSTS.. for now.

D

Deleted member

With how absolutely trollish Sakurai made yesterday's trailer (which was more so then the entire Smash Direct), I'm convinced Ridley's trailer will be riddled with trollery. Either a boss hazard bait and switch, or his tagline mentioning size, both, and/or more, there will be much of Sakurai: *laughs* going on.

As for doubt that Ridley will have a proper video, I highly doubt Sakurai would pass up the opportunity to surprise everyone at the last event before launch what with how much buildup he's given our purple Space Pirate dragon.
I guarantee some character in Ridley's trailer will make a passing comment about "thinking Ridley was smaller than usual" at the end of the trailer.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Viridi shown as a background character? That means she has to wait 3 more games to feel Ridley's pain
I know, I meant for the next game. She definitely wouldn't make it in this time with Palutena in as a newcomer and Medusa and Hades for competition.
Nuah Tourn Lenk isa groundback chractr and Vdri is replased by Medoosu when she joints the batle... :awesome:

D

Deleted member

Guys, Guys, STOP making Andrea mad. You wouldn't want her to ship you now wouldn't you
Well she can't because that's my job so...

Operation M.A.M (Make Andrea Mad) is a GO.

RELEASE THE SHIPPINGS.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Nobody is allowed to ship me. It's against the rules. I am immune. Ridley has declared this.

EDIT: Metroid Hatcher x Ferrocrusher?

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Curious, has there been any confirmations of Ridley actually being a stage boss character on Pyrosphere? A PotD maybe?

(Other than the tease at the Smash Direct obviously.)

Last edited:

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
Curious, has there been any confirmations of Ridley actually being a stage boss character on Pyrosphere? A PotD maybe?

None that confirm him outright, but a PotD that alludes to him and doesn't specify any role. It just said "An enemy from Samus' past may appear at any second..." with a picture of characters battling on the Pyrosphere.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Well if you're gonna include all or at least most of the active remaining pre-Brawl supporters here, majora and I deserve mention as well. :glare:

Phendrana Drifts, SkyTown/Elysia, maybe Sanctuary Fortress, and uh.. yeah. All pipe-dreams at this point though.

Don't take it to heart. This thread blazes by so fast, it's hard to blame newer members for not keeping track of everyone's account age. I remember you <3

Did you see my Tallon IV stage submission to the stage contest thread? I think you'd appreciate it.

And you never really catch up on the Ridley thread. 2 big 5 me, you know the deal xD

this has not happened yet, no. Sakurai is ever the tease

I have waited 13 years, Sakurai please don't let us down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GMMN0XC0oo
You are among friends now. Have some water.

Peter Parker X Ridley
Well Spiderman is dead, but that wouldn't stop this from shipping I guess

please I don't want to do another spiderman rant not here not now

Peter Parker X Ridley
but... No Majora x Phaazoid? ;(

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

It is. Debating/determining whose the biggest supporter (no pun intended) is just kind of an ego-stroking contest waiting to happen.

Nope. They claimed they were gonna show the "full roster" in an upcoming issue during December 2007 or so, but in the end only showed the starting roster that was already available on the Smash website.

Ok so either way we could get new info.

(Unmasked the characters already shown that have to be unlocked. )

majora_787

Smash Hero

Nothing explicit or official. Just random strangers on the internet claiming it as obvious fact. :awesome:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I was listening to this the whole way through:

Now I know what to listen to for grinding in my nuzlockes.

I still don't see how anyone can be 100% sure that Ridley's deconfirmed. Sakurai hasn't said anything about him as a boss since the direct. Why just randomly say oh yeah Ridley's a boss, and here we have a new assist trophy who hasn't been mentioned or teased before.

D

Deleted member

Phaazoid x Kraid
Nobody is allowed to ship me. It's against the rules. I am immune. Ridley has declared this.

EDIT: Metroid Hatcher x Ferrocrusher?
Peter Parker X Ridley
Majora x Phaazoid?
Shipping?

Ridley x Titanic
All are

NEXT SHIPPING PLEASE :awesome:

On a serious note:

I've decided to take the time to organize our plans for the Major Thread Creations that will take place in Ridley's subforum if and when he is confirmed playable. I have decided to organize it so that we can form a general consensus on the plan and work to prevent Duplicate Threads from being created.

Without Further Ado:

Ridley's Gargantuan Character Subforum (Working Title)*:
*If only the character subforum titles could be customized like this ^. Oh well. :ohwell:

Thread Creators/Owners/Managers (Tentative):

Ridley's Gigantic Space Pirate Lounge (Ridley Social Thread): @Lizardon
The Ridley "I was wrong" Thread: @ Phaazoid Phaazoid
Ridley's Humongous Laboratory (Ridley Technical Analysis Thread): @The Soulless One (Myself)
"On a Scale from 1 to 20, How Beautiful is Ridley?" Thread: @ NintenRob NintenRob
The Ridley Competitive Discussion Thread: @Con0rrrr

These are all of the major threads that we, to best of my knowledge, have in mind thus far, listed with their respective tentative creators/managers.

@Lizardon An additional request for the Social Thread: Could you add @AbioFlesh 's Lounge Sign (with her permission of course) and my Lounge Employee List to the OP when that thread is created? Thank you in advance. (The Lounge Sign is on page 924, my Employee List is on page 923).

Also, I imagine that Ridley's subforum will have an "Image Gallery" type thread (as some other character threads do) with pictures and GIFs of him in-game. I would also propose that this be the place for Ridley fanart (Looking at you @ AndreaAC AndreaAC @ SchAlternate SchAlternate @BaganSmashBros @Crocovile @Hotfeet444 and others) to be posted (or that can be its own thread). Or the Ridley fanart can be archived in the social thread or just be kept in this thread where it originated. Just an idea, but if anyone is interested, namely the artists themselves, let me know if that would sound good (and if you would like to run it) and I can add the planned thread to the list above.

One final question: the Shadow Analysis that has been done by @ Dalek_Kolt Dalek_Kolt @ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123 and others is being archived in this thread by @Con0rrrr with the upcoming OP edit correct? So there will be no need to worry about the archiving of that information?

I would like to remind everyone that the threads above and their respective owners are all
TENTATIVE so they may change when the threads are actually created in the subforum. If anyone else has major thread ideas that they'd like me to add to the list above, please let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
heh... you won't regret definitively making me the owner of the I was wrong thread...

I have a treat in store for it. I normally wouldn't even plan ahead to something unsure, but **** it I'm hyped.

If anyone REaaaally wants to read it early pm me. I won't send it to you you have to wait like everyone else

Also @The Soulless One you missed my ship request

also Phaazoid x Kraid? Perfect. I needed a big lover. Needed someone of that size to suit me. Ridley is too big for smash.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
On top of all the theories, I also think the trophies were a clue. So far it's 2/4 with Palutena and Robin/Lucina. If the pattern continues there would be another Metroid character and a Zelda character coming.

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
When ridley is confirmed, I know exactly what thread I'm going to make.

On a scale of 1 to 20, how beautiful would you say Ridley is in this game?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
On top of all the theories, I also think the trophies were a clue. So far it's 2/4 with Palutena and Robin/Lucina. If the pattern continues there would be another Metroid character and a Zelda character coming.
The good news is that the new Metroid character is implied to be Ridley.

The bad news is that the new Zelda character is implied to be Ghirahim.

majora_787

Smash Hero
How is that a bad thing?
By it being Ghirahim?

Also everywhere Ridley gets brought up, shipping follows. I'm serious. It's scary.

EDIT: Dalek don't insult Zant like that. :c He may be one-shot but he's actually cool.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
The good news is that the new Metroid character is implied to be Ridley.

The bad news is that the new Zelda character is implied to be Ghirahim.
Ghirahim looks cool and everything, but wouldn't it make more sense to put in Demise? Or maybe a redesigned Ganondorf? And even so, that would be cool too :)

By it being Ghirahim?

Also everywhere Ridley gets brought up, shipping follows. I'm serious. It's scary.
Shipping? Explain.

Last edited:

TheSoraKid

Banned via Warnings
Because Pig Ganon is a much more deserving character than the oneshot villain.
It's like making Zant playable.
By it being Ghirahim?

EDIT: Dalek don't insult Zant like that. :c He may be one-shot but he's actually cool.
Hmm, k den. :bee:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

heh... you won't regret definitively making me the owner of the I was wrong thread...

I have a treat in store for it. I normally wouldn't even plan ahead to something unsure, but **** it I'm hyped.

If anyone REaaaally wants to read it early pm me. I won't send it to you you have to wait like everyone else

Also @The Soulless One you missed my ship request

also Phaazoid x Kraid? Perfect. I needed a big lover. Needed someone of that size to suit me. Ridley is too big for smash.
Edited in to my post.

I would also like to announce/reiterate that I would specifically very much like to hear feedback from the artists on whether or not any of you would be interested in running a Ridley Art/Image Thread.
Ask Andrea. That's her specialty. :smirk:
I'll say it again:
I'm the one running the Shipping Department, @ AndreaAC AndreaAC just happens to accidentally provide opportunities for me and I ship them (whether she likes it or not :awesome:).

But I guess since @ AndreaAC AndreaAC has been the source for some of our best Shippings she can be the Co-Owner/Manager of the Shipping Department.

A position I just know she will love :awesome:

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom