• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

D

Deleted member

Something I think should be brought up:
For those of you thinking that the Corocoro roster reveal will have the entire roster, I caution you not to get your hopes of such an occurrence up too high because Corocoro made the same "full roster" claim during the Pre-Brawl days and when the magazine was released they actually excluded a few of the hidden characters.

If Ridley turns out to be hidden, which is the most likely scenario for him, imo, then don't be surprised if he is not shown in this upcoming Corocoro roster/stage leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakario

Smash Rookie
My number one reason for Ridley being a character is because it has been two years since E3 2012 and we have no confirmation if Ridley is playable or not. With other characters like Dillon, Waluigi, Kamek, and more we have a direct confirmation that they are not playable.

We were given the idea that Ridley may be a stage hazard due to the shadow but he was not confirmed non-playable or mentioned in the scenes.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Something I think should be brought up:
For those of you thinking that the Corocoro roster reveal will have the entire roster, I caution you not to get your hopes of such an occurrence up too high because Corocoro made the same "full roster" claim during the Pre-Brawl days and when the magazine was released they actually excluded a few of the hidden characters.

If Ridley turns out to be hidden, which is the most likely scenario for him, imo, then don't be surprised if he is not shown in this upcoming Corocoro roster/stage leak.
*sees you say hidden even though the august direct will pretty much confirm him*

Inb4 he is actually a secret after all

majora_787

Smash Hero
My number one reason for Ridley being a character is because it has been two years since E3 2012 and we have no confirmation if Ridley is playable or not. With other characters like Dillon, Waluigi, Kamek, and more we have a direct confirmation that they are not playable.

We were given the idea that Ridley may be a stage hazard due to the shadow but he was not confirmed non-playable or mentioned in the scenes.
Even Mario didn't have explicit confirmation in June of 2012. :troll:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

I had a weird theory recently that seems weird but could make sense.

I think the tease is weird but works: get the reaction of most people saying hazard but insert something to make them doubt after.

I did think hazard live but after some days, I clearly noticed that there was something odd. What if the purpose of the clip was actually that I do notice something odd?

If it's the case, it might have been misinterpreted.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Gematsu dying and Sakurai even clarifying Chrom's unplayability only solidified my certainty of Ridley's playability.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
What time are directs usually revealed, if I may ask? If there's gonna be an August one, when would we be first hearing about it?
This, and also... At this point, I think Ridley's in. I don't really have anything to lose by thinking so, and he has a lot more going for him than other characters.

I think the clip was there to do exactly what it did: convince people he's a stage hazard, so that people would be shocked and hyped when he's revealed. Most people are convinced he's not playable. This thread is the minority, however much it'd like to convince you otherwise.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Sakurai likes to pull a wall over your eyes, and then break the wall down with the hype train.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
@The Soulless One Since I'm planning to make the Ridley Social thread if/when he is confirmed to be playable, do you mind if I use the name "Ridley's Gigantic Space Pirate Lounge"? It'd be a waste to not use it.

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
I want to ask, who is relevant to August again? The likely Villian trailer theorie we had going a while back
Metroid, DK, Zelda, Mario(/Wario?), Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven are relevant in August, from memory. We have competition, but we're as likely as they are, at the very least. A villains trailer is possible.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Metroid, DK, Zelda, Mario(/Wario?), Xenoblade and Rhythm Heaven are relevant in August, from memory. We have competition, but we're as likely as they are, at the very least. A villains trailer is possible.
If we only get one Trailer and Sakurai announces Villainly August, will we go to war with the King K. Rool people?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I know, I only needed my memory refreshed. Ima go see if Star Fox has something in August because I want to try maining wolf in Brawl

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
If we only get one Trailer and Sakurai announces Villainly August, will we go to war with the King K. Rool people?
I don't remember Ridley and K. Rool ever going against each other, actually... I imagine we'd just wish luck to the other side and hope. Though we'd push for our own sides, the Ridley and K. Rool fanbase that don't overlap are pretty friendly with each other, from what I've seen.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I don't remember Ridley and K. Rool ever going against each other, actually... I imagine we'd just wish luck to the other side and hope. Though we'd push for our own sides, the Ridley and K. Rool fanbase that don't overlap are pretty friendly with each other, from what I've seen.
Yes, I am one of them, but what I mean is:

What if we only get one newcomer reveal video and it doesn't end up the same way that the Fire Emblem trailer ended up? (Not getting two newcomers announced).

Oh so that is what you meant.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
considering they are nearly the same size, I wouldn't see how they can argue with us
Yes, I am one of them, but what I mean is:

What if we only get one newcomer reveal video and it doesn't end up the same way that the Fire Emblem trailer ended up? (Not getting two newcomers announced).

Oh so that is what you meant.
we have a crapton of anniversaries and Ridley had been shown to be playable if all our research means anything(huh, sound real smart when using the word research)

Oh, Star Fox Command was also August, Wolf could be in the Villians trailer

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
considering they are nearly the same size, I wouldn't see how they can argue with us

we have a crapton of anniversaries and Ridley had been shown to be playable if all our research means anything(huh, sound real smart when using the word research)

Oh, Star Fox Command was also August, Wolf could be in the Villians trailer
Wolf and Ridley trying to rip each other apart? I would pay money to see that.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Falcon isn't the leak. Falcon is the great slayer; as foretold by legend. Falcon punched Chrom out of the roster and the leak to death.
I think of it more like "Chrom Sacrificed his life to end the leak, once and for all"........Ironically, Robin was the one to do that in Awakening, against Grima.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
What villains speak in their games? I know Wolf, Medusa, Wario, and Mewtwo(sort of) do, but do K. Rool or anyone else, becuase I'd love to see them taunting their enemies during the villains trailer.

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
Am I the only one that wants Hades more than Medusa? Hades is so sarcastic and he's a butthole. He's PERFECT for smash. Having the two people that are too big fight eachother would be AMAZING.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Pyrosphere is one HUUUUUGE stage.
Assuming Bowser is the same width as in Brawl, it's about the same as Ridley's boss stage in the SSE. Possibly a bit longer. Which makes it really bizarre that they would more than half Ridley's size from Brawl to make him a boss on the same size stage.

EDIT: No, I'd way rather Medusa honestly. Hades is funny, but I'd just prefer the series villain over a new one-shot. As usual, for me anyway.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Assuming Bowser is the same width as in Brawl, it's about the same as Ridley's boss stage in the SSE. Possibly a bit longer. Which makes it really bizarre that they would more than half Ridley's size from Brawl to make him a boss on the same size stage.

EDIT: No, I'd way rather Medusa honestly. Hades is funny, but I'd just prefer the series villain over a new one-shot.
Again, this stuff is why I love the Ridley thread! How many other threads finds these things out? I swear, we are becoming the good side of Tumblr!

Top Bottom