• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I actually think it would be funnier if Ridley had DK's throw move that picks up players and can move while holding them, just so I can fall off the stage and KO them. :troll:

Last edited:

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
You know what? I think we might have to be grateful for the toobigots, I can realy see Sakurai deciding to make Ridley playable for the sheer fact he is controversial
I think Sakurai should really poke fun at the "Too Big" argument if when Ridley gets revealed, just so the next gen of Smash players will know of the great Ridley debate during SSB4's development.

Last edited:

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
I think Sakurai should really poke fun at the "Too Big" argument if when Ridley get revealed, just so the next gen of Smash players would will know of the great Ridley debate during SSB4's development.[/quote]

thus the Rildey debate was written in every history text book so it could be remembered for decades to come

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think Sakurai should really poke fun at the "Too Big" argument if when Ridley gets revealed, just so the next gen of Smash players will know of the great Ridley debate during SSB4's development.
Sakurai trolling in favor of Ridley fans? If leakers push Sakurai hard enough he will do it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Thats because i'm a Knight! and knight always want to make assassins get mad!

although in my defense... i will say only one word. . .

NI!

That didn't had any effect! so...

O__O UM, I need to get my Ridley inspiration to come back.....but getting mad is fun!

D

Deleted member

A quick request with regards to the various Ridley threads to be created:

I would like to be the one to create the "Ridley Analysis Thread" for Ridley's playstyle and characteristics when we get footage of him, if that would be okay with the veterans.

I want to take care of it because I'm the resident "Text-Wall Architect" and have a love of character analysis.

Again, only if that would be okay with everyone.

Carry on. :upsidedown:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I will say right now, I do not plan on maining Ridley as soon as I unlock him, I will only try maining after my old mains are back in action, and then I will try Greninja, Mega Man, Ridley and then possibly Lucina (the sweetspotting bothered me too much)

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Ridley should be quick and powerful and easy to control and kick everyone's else's @$$. Still hope he makes it in so we can shut all those Ridley haters up.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
I don't think Sakurai could mess Ridley up, it looks like he has Peach's hover ability but is slow enough to keep it from being OP. He gave Rosalina the potential of two characters, Little Mac an extremely powerful move, Greninja a hit and run sneaky moveset, and Robin limited moves. I just hope one of his taunts is someone in the crowd shouting "TOO BIG" and then he blasts them with plasma breath and a scream is heard.

Last edited:

PerfectChaos9

Smash Cadet
I don't think Sakurai could mess Ridley up, it looks like he has Peach's hover ability but is slow enough to keep it from being OP. He gave Rosalina the potential of two characters, Little Mac an extremely powerful move, Greninja a hit and run sneaky moveset, and Robin limited moves. I just hope one of his taunts is someone in the crowd shouting "TO BIG" and then he blasts them with plasma breath and a scream is heard.
This. With all the new mechanics introduced that are character specific, it's not crazy to think that Ridley could have his own mechanic unique to him.

Also, when can I blow my hard-earned money on Rapley's first album?

Nietona

Smash Journeyman
What time are directs usually revealed, if I may ask? If there's gonna be an August one, when would we be first hearing about it?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Sakurai could mess Ridley up, it looks like he has Peach's hover ability but is slow enough to keep it from being OP. He gave Rosalina the potential of two characters, Little Mac an extremely powerful move, Greninja a hit and run sneaky moveset, and Robin limited moves. I just hope one of his taunts is someone in the crowd shouting "TO BIG" and then he blasts them with plasma breath and a scream is heard.
Yeah. I think by now we should trust Sakurai. I mean look at how many people's minds he changed when he showed off the mii's.

lol. I think the crowd should have a rare cheer for Ridley involving his size. Though that might be a bit much. :troll:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This. With all the new mechanics introduced that are character specific, it's not crazy to think that Ridley could have his own mechanic unique to him.

Also, when can I blow my hard-earned money on Rapley's first album?
Introducing the Intergalactic Star Rapley with his hit album:

Too Big for this *bleeping* Galaxy.

Starring hit songs like:

• Poppin the trunk on Gematsu
  • Too big for chu to handle
  • Ain't no Blondies Crossing Me
Own all these songs and more for $29.99, just pay shipping and handling!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I believe Majora_747 stated that the Yellow Devil appeared, attacked and died in the time Ridley's shadow was shown
I got sick of reading through the SEVERAL posts when I saw this.

Yeah. Ridley's appearance is ABOUT 11 seconds in the direct. In 11 seconds (after appearing, mind you), Yellow Devil attacks 10-11 times with lasers and is defeated, exploding in footage I had been looking at for comparison. Ridley did literally nothing in that time other than fly slowly left, stop, fly slowly more left, and jump to the right abruptly.

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
That will be some CoroCoro. Ridley and Mega Salamence confirmation at the same time :surprised: now all we need is a new metroid game.

XLIFE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
fevariblaze
Don't forget his smash hit, Smashers Paradise
Hate to get off topic, but that's not a Pac song, it's a Coolio song. The photo dude posted was a parody of 2pac and his song "Only God Can Judge Me". Sorry bro, I'm a hip-hop head I get sensitive with this stuff XD

majora_787

Smash Hero
Also it's cool that people like my long post on why Sakurai teasing Ridley as a boss doesn't actually make sense. But I mean that's totally aside from how lame of a boss he is shaping up to be. :\

Top Bottom