• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
Repostin' things is fun.

i like where the tail is positioned. i heard people compalin about his tail being too long but never thought that it could perhaps be laying on his side....wait...isnt charizards tail laying on his side in brawl??

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
i like where the tail is positioned. i heard people compalin about his tail being too long but never thought that it could perhaps be laying on his side....wait...isnt charizards tail laying on his side in brawl??
Don't you know? If an argument against Ridley is proven false because of a different playable character, it doesn't count because it's Ridley

majora_787

Smash Hero
Again, this stuff is why I love the Ridley thread! How many other threads finds these things out? I swear, we are becoming the good side of Tumblr!
Good lord I hope not. If we're becoming the good side of Tumblr that means we might develop the BAD side of Tumblr. Please no.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
With how absolutely trollish Sakurai made yesterday's trailer (which was more so then the entire Smash Direct), I'm convinced Ridley's trailer will be riddled with trollery. Either a boss hazard bait and switch, or his tagline mentioning size, both, and/or more, there will be much of Sakurai: *laughs* going on.

As for doubt that Ridley will have a proper video, I highly doubt Sakurai would pass up the opportunity to surprise everyone at the last event before launch what with how much buildup he's given our purple Space Pirate dragon.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I still can't get over how my top three wanted characters are classic reptile-based Nintendo villains. This is what my life has become.

... Then there's Ganon, but really Link fights a lot of reptile bosses in zelda games as it is so he gets a pass. EDIT: Veran turns into a turtle. That probably counts for something.

Last edited:

WayfaringElf

Smash Master
NNID
tobytwo
I still can't get over how my top three wanted characters are classic reptile-based Nintendo villains. This is what my life has become.

... Then there's Ganon, but really Link fights a lot of reptile bosses in zelda games as it is so he gets a pass. EDIT: Veran turns into a turtle. That probably counts for something.
Who are your top 3?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Pigs are now Reptiles. I presume that you mean Ridley, K.Rool and perhaps Sceptile? Those are the most requested reptiles I know of

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Considering I haven't played uprising and from what I've seen of Medusa she's pretty awesome. I thought she'd be a great Palutena rival, but I'm fine with either since Hades' looks is all I have to judge him by I lean more to Medusa. And now I'll go look up his boss battle...

The anime/ Manga count sometimes, usually I can only see them talking if their nemesis talks back, the exception is with Mewtwo taunting Charizard. *Charizard uses Rock Smash* "Who teaches their starter an HM?" *Blasts with Psychic*.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Also, since I'm gonna be busy today. I got a new request for all of you.

1. I would like any of you good at tile/banner making to create some cool banners to make the our proof post look pretty. In other words, nice looking banners to make the post organized and pretty. Purple, and featuring Ridley of course! For each submission I'll need the designer to send me all of the banners I request. I would prefer you message me them instead of post them here as it's easier to keep track of, as well as it makes it less "people's favorite" and more "what's best for the post. The format of each banner can be the same, (Same background/color scheme, Ridley, etc) I just need you to change the text. What I need is as follows.
    • The Ridley Evidence Thread!
    • General Evidence Thread
    • Shadow Evidence
    • Miscellaneous Theories
    • Ridley Art
  2. That's right! Ridley art! Rule is one submission per person. To make sure it's not too crowded. I'll only put 5 pieces of artwork in. And only one piece of art per artists. I would prefer for it not to be ship art (we don't want to scare them away until they're convinced ;) ) so just send me your best Ridley art.
  3. Ridley's too big
Quoting my old post if anyone missed it.

Reminder, PM me art and banners, don't quote me, there's a chance I won't see it.

Also, we need banner submissions! I got none so far!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I sort of left out a thought I had about how Nintendo loves reptilian villains and then brought up Ganon. But yeah.

Also I dunno. I just prefer Medusa since she actually is a classic rival to Palutena and villain Pit must overcome, and you know. This IS the game where the wiminz get representation. May as well give them a cool villain too. :awesome:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Got one of my brony friends to vector my Ridley drawing. I think it turned out nice.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Let me clear it up for you

I said ya'll were posting too slow

But I'm definitely not encouraging spam

deep, thoughtful discussion. At a very fast pace.
Now I know! And knowing is half the battle!

I think that if Ridley doesn't get special grabs that it doesn't feel the same

I always like Diabetus' Ridley voice better.
Is there a difference? They do the voice together

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Just watched most of the battle and now I want Viridi the most :054: Why am I so indecisive? Ridley Ridley something.

Top Bottom