• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
dude.. i was planning to either do a ridleyxrayman and say exactly the very same words.. but now that you said it... it's not the same Y.Y

Regarding Ridley size, i was munching something that have been said, Sakurai saying that Ridley would need to be slow in order to not be OP in the roster, and if that would have been alright. . .

And while in a lot of games Ridley is bigger than Samus, Ridley "design wise" along other metroid bosses, is being the small but very mobile and lethal boss (Rivals kinda take that approach) (it's clear sakurai knows this) so is not part of Ridley character being big and all, is just that all metroid bosses tend to be massive, stuff that already have been said.

I know is almost a moot point with the shadow analyses and all, but how woud you take a Ridley thats almost samus size? (looking bigger only due to wingspan) that keeps that agility so charateristic of Ridley? I know the idea have grown on me a little : )
At least I'm not involved!

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
"looks at Shiek" :0 umm
Shiek is a relic. The only reason she's still in Smash Bros. over someone like say, Mewtwo, is solely because of her moveset. She's more of a Smash Bros character than a Zelda character at this point.

Trust me, if Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, and Roy had unique movesets, they'd stay in too.

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I'm sure this has been answered but I can't seem to find an answer, but in the Smash Direct, if Ridley was a stage boss, wouldn't he have been attacking Pikachu? Because he was just hovering there. I guess they could have just changed the animation just for the tease but what if as a PC, Ridley can hover?

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
Needs more Norion with breakable floor that makes an aerial battle, touching the walls would hurt you but it makes sure that people stuck in helpless state have a chance
Oh hell yeah, that sounds awesome!! and i see you played metroid prime 3, would you have any stage ideas for places from prime 1 and 2?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm sure this has been answered but I can't seem to find an answer, but in the Smash Direct, if Ridley was a stage boss, wouldn't he have been attacking Pikachu? Because he was just hovering there. I guess they could have just changed the animation just for the tease but what if as a PC, Ridley can hover?
I believe Majora_747 stated that the Yellow Devil appeared, attacked and died in the time Ridley's shadow was shown

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Shiek is a relic. The only reason she's still in Smash Bros. over someone like say, Mewtwo, is solely because of her moveset. She's more of a Smash Bros character than a Zelda character at this point.

Trust me, if Dr. Mario, Young Link, Pichu, and Roy had unique movesets, they'd stay in too.
Sheik is in due to her fanbase, she is beloved by the competitive community.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman

you got a point she has a really unique moveset. but still shiek was a one timer and got into melee :0 i never played skyward sword so i dont know how unique girahims moveset is

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Oh hell yeah, that sounds awesome!! and i see you played metroid prime 3, would you have any stage ideas for places from prime 1 and 2?
The only metroid games I played are MP3, Other M and Hunters, the last 2 being pawned of because I needed money for something, but I will riot if we don't get the Magmoor caverns theme, so unless Norfair returns, that could be nice, but because you said other than lava levels, I would like the impact crater with Metroid Prime as a boss hazard(double points for if Dark Samus gets summoned) and prime 2... Aether in general, the gimmick being that you will get damaged a la warioware raining minigame if you don't stay in a light generator

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
To kill boredom, what Event Matches do you guys want/expect Ridley to have?
TBH, I think Sakurai should bring back the "Trophy Event Matches". Basically, you play as Samus and fight against random cpus but you fight on top of a giant Ridley trophy. Then, when you beat all the cpus, you fight against Ridley on Pyrosphere. The event should be called; "Ridley's Too Big". :troll:

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
TBH, I think Sakurai should bring back the "Trophy Event Matches". Basically, you play as Samus and fight against random cpus but you fight on top of a giant Ridley trophy. Then, when you beat all the cpus, you fight against Ridley on Pyrosphere. The event should be called; "Ridley's Too Big". :troll:
Those were called Trophy Tussles and i loved those back in melee, especially the one where we fought on entei and majoras mask

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
dude.. i was planning to either do a ridleyxrayman and say exactly the very same words.. but now that you said it... it's not the same Y.Y

Regarding Ridley size, i was munching something that have been said, Sakurai saying that Ridley would need to be slow in order to not be OP in the roster, and if that would have been alright. . .

And while in a lot of games Ridley is bigger than Samus, Ridley "design wise" along other metroid bosses, is being the small but very mobile and lethal boss (Rivals kinda take that approach) (it's clear sakurai knows this) so is not part of Ridley character being big and all, is just that all metroid bosses tend to be massive, stuff that already have been said.

I know is almost a moot point with the shadow analyses and all, but how woud you take a Ridley thats almost samus size? (looking bigger only due to wingspan) that keeps that agility so charateristic of Ridley? I know the idea have grown on me a little : )
WHAT?!! YOU WANTED TO GET ME MAD TOO?!

You want it, YOU GOT IT!

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
I would like a honest opinion from you guys, would you guys really be ok with a slow Ridley?
My previous post was quite similar to that T.T
I think i would prefer a samus size ridley (not counting wingspan ) with great agility and lethalithy and air game, at the cost of floatyness and big size usually tends to mean easy punchbag and having a decent weight at best (not good weight), over a bowsersize big ridley with **** tons of height, good power and aerial game but bad speed.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
Oh gosh I don't mean to be rude but I have to highlight your words to make sure I'm reading right, could you use a slightly lighter colour, please?

Last edited:

Chriz_Sevenfold

Smash Apprentice
The only metroid games I played are MP3, Other M and Hunters, the last 2 being pawned of because I needed money for something, but I will riot if we don't get the Magmoor caverns theme, so unless Norfair returns, that could be nice, but because you said other than lava levels, I would like the impact crater with Metroid Prime as a boss hazard(double points for if Dark Samus gets summoned) and prime 2... Aether in general, the gimmick being that you will get damaged a la warioware raining minigame if you don't stay in a light generator
YES!!!! A thousand times yes!! A dark aether stage would be so freaking sick, like you go between light and dark and the stage is protected by a light crystal but the boundaries and off the stage arent and it hurts you if you get out the crystal, and yea, an impact crater stage would be sick especially with metroid prime AKA dark samus in the background, and for prime 3, I was thinking maybe a phaaze stage based on the final dark samus battle

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hm? Confused. Yellow Devil appearing in Pyrosphere?
No it's like, in the time Ridley was on-screen compared the time Yellow Devil was on-screen, the Yellow Devil appeared, attacked and died while RIdley flaped for a bit.

BrigadeStuart

Smash Journeyman
so i went to this fan smash bros page on facebook and there was this guy who decided to make a post about things that annoyed him about whats going on in smash so far. he talked about how he hated the "original 12" exception and then he talked about how ridley was disconfirmed at the direct. i politely told him that he was never mentioned by name and sent him a few links to give evidence for ridleys inclusion. minutes later he tells me that i should watch Black Nerd Comedys video about the smash brothers recap because he said ridley. so i watched the video. Black Nerd Comedy says ridleys name, okay then...where did sakurai say ridley? i responded to him about it and he says that it dosnt mean it isnt true. and i explain to him that the youtuber said ridleys name, not sakurai......and yeah :/

SuperSegaSonicSS

The Inspired Artist
I would like a honest opinion from you guys, would you guys really be ok with a slow Ridley?
I don't think it would matter to me, I honestly think he meant something else when he said that.

@ SuperSegaSonicSS SuperSegaSonicSS
Oh gosh I don't mean to be rude but I have to highlight your words to make sure I'm reading right, could you use a slightly lighter colour, please?
Sure thing, I was wondering if it was a problem for anyone here. Sry about that, I'll get on it.

Edit: Better?

D

Deleted member

To kill boredom, what Event Matches do you guys want/expect Ridley to have?
Obvious "Villain All Star" Event Match is obvious.

Basically an updated version of the last event match in Melee that had Ganondorf, Mewtwo, and Giga Bowser.

I would like it to be the last event match like it was in Melee, but the characters you fight would be Ganondorf, Ridley, and Bowser/K. Rool (or interchange Ganondorf); if Bowser, make it his Giga form. I feel it should be this way since they are actually "villainous"/main antagonists whereas Mewtwo is simply savage and not inherently "villainous" in the Pokemon Games, that title going to Team Rocket (In Gen I, the Generation where Mewtwo first appears).

Also like in Melee and Brawl (Brawl had a different "final all-stars" thing, but still) I feel that it should be very difficult, being the hardest event match you can unlock.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
YES!!!! A thousand times yes!! A dark aether stage would be so freaking sick, like you go between light and dark and the stage is protected by a light crystal but the boundaries and off the stage arent and it hurts you if you get out the crystal, and yea, an impact crater stage would be sick especially with metroid prime AKA dark samus in the background, and for prime 3, I was thinking maybe a phaaze stage based on the final dark samus battle
Me being the future Sakurai confirmed

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
so i went to this fan smash bros page on facebook and there was this guy who decided to make a post about things that annoyed him about whats going on in smash so far. he talked about how he hated the "original 12" exception and then he talked about how ridley was disconfirmed at the direct. i politely told him that he was never mentioned by name and sent him a few links to give evidence for ridleys inclusion. minutes later he tells me that i should watch Black Nerd Comedys video about the smash brothers recap because he said ridley. so i watched the video. Black Nerd Comedy says ridleys name, okay then...where did sakurai say ridley? i responded to him about it and he says that it dosnt mean it isnt true. and i explain to him that the youtuber said ridleys name, not sakurai......and yeah :/
Something funny Black Nerd said about Ridley (posted it before but incase anyone missed, plus more relevant here), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTES50ekTlE#t=4m48s

Last edited:
Top Bottom