• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Important The Ridley for SSB4 Thread - End of an Era

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
I just still think that the gematsu characters who are still out there still have a very good chance of getting in. Maybe snake isn't as fair game as i would think. And maybe rhythm heaven enemy in smash run does not equal spot on the roster. And a rumored Xenoblade trophy in the game does not equal shulk. But...they still all have good chance.

BlueBubbee

Smash Lord
NNID
bluebubbee
3DS FC
3437-3131-3325
Well, we got far since I was last here (20 pages...)

Why? Because enemies from RH appeared in Smash Run? There is a lot of things that appears in SSB from a franchise that has no playable characters representing it (Saki, Electroplancton stage, flipper, bumper, super scope, etc).
This isn't targeted at you, but you just reminded me of this. You can't really say that the Subspace Army is unrepresented for Smash Run. The Mii Fighters are technically considered Smash Bros Series characters. That only stands if the Subspace Army aren't their own series...

Being in Playstation All-Stars ( what I would consider a rival to smash bros) pretty much killed his chances as being playable in Smash...
Agreed. Anyone who was in PS:AS practically has no chance of getting in Smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I just still think that the gematsu characters who are still out there still have a very good chance of getting in. Maybe snake isn't as fair game as i would think. And maybe rhythm heaven enemy in smash run does not equal spot on the roster. And a rumored Xenoblade trophy in the game does not equal shulk. But...they still all have good chance.
He still seemed very certain on Shulk, and given that he has predicted 8/11 newcomers I'm willing to trust him on at least him. He didn't mention Chorus Men again though, so that's still very much up in the air. The most important thing is that we know there's a good chance we'll get at least one more newcomer not on the leak, and Ridley is the prime candidate for that considering we neither have a heavy weight or a villain newcomer yet, not to mention the teasing.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
He still seemed very certain on Shulk, and given that he has predicted 8/11 newcomers I'm willing to trust him on at least him. He didn't mention Chorus Men again though, so that's still very much up in the air. The most important thing is that we know there's a good chance we'll get at least one more newcomer not on the leak, and Ridley is the prime candidate for that considering we neither have a heavy weight or a villain newcomer yet, not to mention the teasing.
Not only ridleys a prime canidate

Because of the megaman pyrosphere picture which prooves once and for all hes not so big.

Hes the new as likely as palutena after the pesudo trophy was shown at this point, i mean after all almost 1 full year and still no unmasking of him.

D

Deleted member

OH BUT I DONT GET RECOGNIZED AS A PRE-BRAWL VETERAN???

WHAT A JERK. WEAK JERK.
D:
There I FIXED IT. geez...

@ Phaazoid Phaazoid Yeah I pretty much figured that would happen when I posted it, but that post was basically made from memory so those that I picked up in the first round through were the ones that have been the most active recently.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
D:
There I FIXED IT. geez...

@ Phaazoid Phaazoid Yeah I pretty much figured that would happen when I posted it, but that post was basically made from memory so those that I picked up in the first round through were the ones that have been the most active recently.
Just trying to help you cover your bases. It's a fun little project, and I know there are no mean intentions behind it, might as well cover yourself so no one perceives it that way

you forgot to list Oasis as a goober

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Would you give me the link where you explained it further?

btw: I was a Pre-Brawl Ridley supporter too.
But nevermind, I'm actually not following what The Soulless One is doing with all those membernames.
Though, there are some that I feel are left out.
Its in my ridley talking on page 637

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Why does this thread move so fast?! It always takes so long to catch up! Maybe I should just stop trying to catch up. I spend most of my time here just reading old posts rather than actually posting.

NatP

Smash Ace
Why does this thread move so fast?! It always takes so long to catch up! Maybe I should just stop trying to catch up. I spend most of my time here just reading old posts rather than actually posting.
It's such a BIG thread! Maybe... Even TOO BIG!

D

Deleted member

It seems people are more optimistic about Ridley now that Gematsu is dead, it's a good thing to see Crashboards into speculation once again.
Also, today is my birthday, yay! *celebrates in the corner*

Zem-raj

Smash Hero
Unbelievable... People want another Mother rep, but think Metroid's fine with Samus and ZSS...

I dislike some of the SSB fanbase sometimes ._.

CrypticSpark

Smash Ace
NNID
Marky070
3DS FC
4940-5418-9057
Switch FC
SW-1528-9003-2135
Unbelievable... People want another Mother rep, but think Metroid's fine with Samus and ZSS...

It's annoying for me to read people saying Ghirahim is a shoe in over options such as a new/reworked Ganon, Pig Ganon, Impa, Fi or Vaati.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223

Eh, it's not so shocking to me. I know some people who think the DK franchise is better off having two "monkeys" as their reps, because it's "all about playing as two characters at once".

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master

I want another MOTHER rep...

I just find Ridley more likely at this point.

Zelda, yeah, those clamoring for Ghirahim and Fi and Impa over a new Ganon or Vaati, that I cannot believe.

I WANT MORE PIGS DAMMIT

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord

Metroid is abnormally underrepresented for a franchise of it's size, though this can be blamed mostly on the fact that there are so little characters that can be used as smashers. Well, I guess the other bounty hunters could do, but eh. They are hardly relevant.
That said, I wouldn't mind another Mother rep. I know very little about the games besides the fact that it is turn-based and Earthbound having a soundtrack that seems to have been produced by mushrooms. No, not on mushrooms, by mushrooms. But I'd like to see more of it.

Also, I can totally see the Space Pirates taking on the role of Smash Run enemy. Crawling over the walls and taking potshots and all that jazz. I wonder if MOTHER will have any enemies representing them...

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Metroid is abnormally underrepresented for a franchise of it's size, though this can be blamed mostly on the fact that there are so little characters that can be used as smashers. Well, I guess the other bounty hunters could do, but eh. They are hardly relevant.
That said, I wouldn't mind another Mother rep. I know very little about the games besides the fact that it is turn-based and Earthbound having a soundtrack that seems to have been produced by mushrooms. No, not on mushrooms, by mushrooms. But I'd like to see more of it.

Also, I can totally see the Space Pirates taking on the role of Smash Run enemy. Crawling over the walls and taking potshots and all that jazz. I wonder if MOTHER will have any enemies representing them...
Well, there's Starmen, Pigmasks, Octobots, Men's Room signs, cups of coffee, cyborgs, morbidly obese women, drunkards, dragons...

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Eh, it's not so shocking to me. I know some people who think the DK franchise is better off having two "monkeys" as their reps, because it's "all about playing as two characters at once".
Yeah, I never got that reasoning either. By that same token, Mario doesn't need Rosalina because the main 4 represent it well, Fire Emblem didn't need Lucina or Robin as one Awakening rep was fine, so on and so forth. It's not about "what the series is better off with," it's what the characters mean to their franchises and what they can bring to Smash. Rosalina was a surprising choice, but she has brought a unique moveset that many have loved and is growing in importance in her series, and Lucina and Robin are very popular characters coming from FE's most successful game and many loved seeing both join the battle. If those characters joined, then reasonably so should another DK rep because they have the characters to choose from, King K. Rool's a great villain choice for the series and Dixie is a very popular and notable secondary character that many love as well. They each have their reasons for joining and shouldn't be ignored.

Same with Ridley, he's a great villain choice, means a lot to his franchise, and many in Metroid recognize who he is. So Metroid would benefit to having him join the cast, the question is whether or not he, Dixie, King K. Rool and other characters like them will join this time around, and hopefully they will.

Last edited:

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
Well, there's Starmen, Pigmasks, Octobots, Men's Room signs, cups of coffee, cyborgs, morbidly obese women, drunkards, dragons...
So plenty of poten- Men's Room Signs? Coffee?

Sod it. The entire franchise has been developed by anthropomorphic personifications of drugs. I love it.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wouldn't mind another Mother rep, but they'd have to cut Lucas for it imo. But I think in terms of franchise size and deserving a new rep, the two big current franchises on the board are Metroid and DK. As for DK, I hope for Krool, but I could see Sakurai pulling a lucina and throwing dixie in too. that'd be interesting

and honestly I'll be happy with metroid reps if Ridley gets in. Dark Samus would be cool as well, but I can't get greedy haha.

As for zelda? I don't think they need another rep, honestly. Ghirahim may be a one shot character, but he is interesting. I like beast/pig ganon better, but I think impa/Fi are silly choices. idk about vaati never played that game.

idk I basically see 3-6 more newcomers that we don't know about left.

I'm hoping for Ridley/K.Rool. I know there's always a wtf character sakurai has in reserve that we don't expect. could very well be chorus men. since gematsu died, no one expects it anymore, which would make it work again, lol

from there? Hoping on Isaac. Hoping on Mewtwo. Hoping on Ray01.

guess we'll find out.

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I wish I had the same confidence as everyone else. I used to be in here darn near every day arguing for Ridley but now that so many others are here doing the arguing for me I can just hang back and post on Miiverse instead. I just don't think he's a lock though.

The teasing is very legit though, I just hope it's for a full on playable character and if he isn't available at launch we sure as heck better get him for DLC.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
And then there's **** like this:

Maybe it's for the best we just keep it at Octobots.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
I wish I had the same confidence as everyone else. I used to be in here darn near every day arguing for Ridley but now that so many others are here doing the arguing for me I can just hang back and post on Miiverse instead. I just don't think he's a lock though.

The teasing is very legit though, I just hope it's for a full on playable character and if he isn't available at launch we sure as heck better get him for DLC.
I'm in the same boat. It's been nice not having to be on the front lines anymore, haha. But I also am not 100% certain. Part of me still isn't convinced that Sakurai wouldn't obliviously tease a boss reveal. I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised. I've just been caught up in the hype whirlwind following the Robin reveal and it's hard not to be in a good mood. The hype machine has my balls in a vice grip and it's still pulling.

It's quite painful actually I think I need a doctor

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm in the same boat. It's been nice not having to be on the front lines anymore, haha. But I also am not 100% certain. Part of me still isn't convinced that Sakurai wouldn't obliviously tease a boss reveal. I wouldn't be surprised. Disappointed, but not surprised. I've just been caught up in the hype whirlwind following the Robin reveal and it's hard not to be in a good mood. The hype machine has my balls in a vice grip and it's still pulling.

It's quite painful actually I think I need a doctor
Yeah seeing Lucina and Robin has given me more hope than ever thats for sure because now I don't even need to think about Gematsu. Though I fully expect Shulk and a Rhythm character, probably Marshal. Ridley won't be relegated to just another boss I am certain of that because of all the teasing. Though after reading that Gamefaqs "leak" I was reminded of my worst case scenario from even before we got our first trailer in 2013. The idea that there would be special boss mode where certain bosses were playable. I have Donkey Kong, Bowser, Sonic and Little Mac so even without Dixie and Ridley I would still be extremely happy. But if a playable boss mode came into existence and thats how certain characters became playable it would just but a real sour taste in my mouth.

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace
Yeah seeing Lucina and Robin has given me more hope than ever thats for sure because now I don't even need to think about Gematsu. Though I fully expect Shulk and a Rhythm character, probably Marshal. Ridley won't be relegated to just another boss I am certain of that because of all the teasing. Though after reading that Gamefaqs "leak" I was reminded of my worst case scenario from even before we got our first trailer in 2013. The idea that there would be special boss mode where certain bosses were playable. I have Donkey Kong, Bowser, Sonic and Little Mac so even without Dixie and Ridley I would still be extremely happy. But if a playable boss mode came into existence and thats how certain characters became playable it would just but a real sour taste in my mouth.
I wouldn't worry too much about the bosses mode, If Sakurai wanted to add it, we would have known about it on the e3 or direct and it would be fun, I mean look at yellow devil, he only has 2 moves, I don't see how can they make Yellow Devil a playable boss with 2 moves or a bowser sized Ridley that is slow as ****

Last edited:

Lolo Lolo

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-1660-3630
Switch FC
SW 0891 5407 0511
Ehy guys I found a little piece of time to post something here ;)

1- Is that thread drawing finished ?

2- If FE has 4 reps then Metroid must have Ridley and even another one (kraid? SA-X? Adam? ... anyone?)

3- I don't think Gematsu is completely fake because a Rhytm Heaven character is very likely after that enemy in SR and Shulk is very likely too. And the Gematsu was the initial list of characters who was going to be playable as the lack of Rosalina and the "Pokemon from X & Y" (Sakurai during the roundtable said they called Greninja "Pokemon from X & Y") proved.
It's very likely that Sakurai cut Chrom because he couldn't make him as unique as Robin.

PS I think Lucina is playable just because Masahiro wanted another character without make a real new character (not just in the moveset)

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
See, I highly, highly doubt a playable boss mode. Sounds more than a little bs to me. The characters are playable or they aren't. I'm just scared that Ridley isn't. We've yet to see another true boss besides Yellow Devil and Sakurai did say there were more. Then again, we haven't seen a Kirby, Starfox, or DK stage yet. Or Yoshi or F-Zero. Hell, we haven't officially been shown Kalos league yet.

No, I'm worried about Ridley being relegated to YD status. If he isn't in YD's shoes, he's playable, that's that.

I do agree we could still easily see shulk/rhythm heaven rep.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

2- If FE has 4 reps then Metroid must have Ridley and even another one (kraid? SA-X? Adam? ... anyone?)

3- I don't think Gematsu is completely fake because a Rhytm Heaven character is very likely after that enemy in SR and Shulk is very likely too. And the Gematsu was the initial list of characters who was going to be playable as the lack of Rosalina and the "Pokemon from X & Y" (Sakurai during the roundtable said they called Greninja "Pokemon from X & Y") proved.
It's very likely that Sakurai cut Chrom because he couldn't make him as unique as Robin.

PS I think Lucina is playable just because Masahiro wanted another character without make a real new character (not just in the moveset)
The leak is toast because sal claim we were getting shulk on monday but nope

And also because he claim chrom was playable but he got disconfirmed in the same trailer hes in robins final smash.

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It seems like a very silly and unlikely gimmick though. It doesn't match up with the hype Sakurai has built up with his teasing, as bosses seem like things that are restricted to a single stage. It just doesn't seem worth the hassle of hyping it all up.
Not to mention that according to the shadow analysis Ridley is a tad small for a boss.

Ha ha. Ridley being too small. What a joke

ultimatekoopa

Smash Ace

There is no need for metroid to have 4 reps, not because it doesn't deserve it but because there is no else that deserves to be in it, the hunters aren't important, Anthony is a living meme from an underrated game and Adam is an idiot
Maybe the guy only had e3 info and guessed the rest, thinking that wii fit trainer would make him a mesias on the smash community, wii fit trainer was the only reason it was considered, the rest were easy guesses

Top Bottom